Grand Theft Auto IV - Gen. Discussion & Info

[quote name='Dro']Oh good then, guess I'm not doing any. lol BTW How do you get a hooker? :D[/quote]

You go to any "red light district" in your area, drive up on the corner, flash some cash, tell them to hop on in and enjoy the ride! :lol:

Oh, you mean in the game? Simply pull up to what looks to be a hooker and honk the horn (I believe its the right analog stick. Push it in. Haha, sounds so wrong yet its right).

[quote name='Mattte']How do you get into the Comedy Club? Do you need to buy tickets, get invited or something else?[/QUOTE]

You need to go with a friend.

I read somewhere that if you start a fight with someone on the streets and they start beating you up, while you just stand there; cops will arrest the other guy, if they didn't see that you started it. For some reason, that isn't true for me. I got arrested for getting beat up. What gives?

[quote name='thehuskerfan']You need to go with a friend.[/QUOTE]

I went by myself, I just walked up to the hovering icon thing on the sidewalk.

This multiplayer shit is ridculous, I can join a friends free-for-all game, but joining just a regular quick match? Hell no.

[quote name='Sofa King Kool']PS3 patch was released. It's only a matter of time now until the 360 gets one...

Please hurry :bomb:
[/QUOTE]

agreed. All I want is to be able to join whatever games I want.

I still can only join multiplayer games that I host. I get dropped from every single match usually before it stats. Its really starting to piss me off. I don't have this problem with any other game, but wonder if it has to do with my NAT type. I have no clue on how to change it, and don't think I can because that computer that we set up our router on died.

I tried the PS3 version with the new patch and the same thing happens there.

Has anyone else been getting into just, broken games. I got into two last night where nothing happens. No radar blips, couldn't see any players, but the mics still worked. We were all confused so we ended up meeting at the fountain in the park, but no one could see each other. That happened once,a and the second time it happened, the same stuff happened, but it was like slow motion lag.

Also, in a game if the host puts it on the whole map, or the middle island, and he puts on the furthest spawn distance. There's a chance you might end up in a location on the map called Purgatory. Just a huge enclosed box of barbed wire fence.
But there is a big wooden door that if you shoot it it'll open.
I got stuck it there for like 5 minutes just trying to jump out and climbing on shit to try and escape purgatory. I was stuck in there and we were just laughin' that they actually put a place on the map like that. Its on the very left side shore, and about in the middle of the middle island.

[quote name='Littlefields']I read somewhere that if you start a fight with someone on the streets and they start beating you up, while you just stand there; cops will arrest the other guy, if they didn't see that you started it. For some reason, that isn't true for me. I got arrested for getting beat up. What gives?[/QUOTE]

Were you playing as black Niko?

Finished the story in around 60 hours and at 85% completion. I took my time and did quite some side quests. Now I'm off to finishing the second half of the stunt jumps and the pigeons and I should be close to 100%.

Absolutely amazing story.

Does anyone know if you can turn off people's hollering and talking while driving? I kind of just want to listen to the radio, but I go crazy when I steal a car and: 1. the alarm is going off, 2. the cops are coming after me, 3. people are screaming and hollering 4. the radio station is on a crappy station and plays loud and bad music alllllllllllll at the same time!. If the people talking on the street could get silenced I'd be enjoying the game a bit more at times.

[quote name='Wolve11']Finished the story in around 60 hours and at 85% completion. I took my time and did quite some side quests. Now I'm off to finishing the second half of the stunt jumps and the pigeons and I should be close to 100%.

Absolutely amazing story.

Does anyone know if you can turn off people's hollering and talking while driving? I kind of just want to listen to the radio, but I go crazy when I steal a car and: 1. the alarm is going off, 2. the cops are coming after me, 3. people are screaming and hollering 4. the radio station is on a crappy station and plays loud and bad music alllllllllllll at the same time!. If the people talking on the street could get silenced I'd be enjoying the game a bit more at times.[/QUOTE]

Turn off the Sound FX, while leaving the Music FX on?

Where do you go to see your stats at the Social Club website? I registered and linked my gamertag over 10 days ago.

xbox360a is having a competition on who can find Lola and provide proof that she is a character in the game. Lola is the girl in the load picture sucking the lollypop. People seem to think she's a hidden character that is in the game. I think it is possible she exists, because she's been marketed like crazy by Rockstar but hasn't been used in the main story........it'd be cool to see her character in game...but so far there is no proof of her yet.

[quote name='Wolve11']xbox360a is having a competition on who can find Lola and provide proof that she is a character in the game. Lola is the girl in the load picture sucking the lollypop. People seem to think she's a hidden character that is in the game. I think it is possible she exists, because she's been marketed like crazy by Rockstar but hasn't been used in the main story........it'd be cool to see her character in game...but so far there is no proof of her yet.[/QUOTE]

I doubt it. Rockstar has had a run with previous GTAs of random hooker art.

Has anyone figured out if there's any use to picking up random objects other than throwing them as melee weapons? If you haven't already, tap LB while standing near certain objects (for starters, the coffee cup in the first safehouse near the tv) and you'll pick it up. I've done it with some girl's camera as well.

It'd be awesome if you could panhandle using the coffee cup.

[quote name='JJSP']Has anyone figured out if there's any use to picking up random objects other than throwing them as melee weapons? If you haven't already, tap LB while standing near certain objects (for starters, the coffee cup in the first safehouse near the tv) and you'll pick it up. I've done it with some girl's camera as well.

It'd be awesome if you could panhandle using the coffee cup.[/QUOTE]

:lol: it's fun tossing soft or light objects (ie. like the coffee cup) at anything just to see it bounce off :)

I've noticed people dropping half eaten hot dogs. I usually pick them up and throw them back at people for littering. Thats about the most useful thing I've found to do with the ability.

I'm on the last mission of the game, I'm just about to finish the game and the xbox shaq fuing red rings on me. Now I have to wait 2-3 weeks to find out what happens in the end.

[quote name='tilcfast']Does anyone else think Niko looks like he has a broken leg when walking or sprinting down stairs?[/QUOTE]
Uh. No.

Try running down stairs, head on. It's impossible; you'll fall on your face.

I knocked a guy who had just got a hotdog. He droped it. I picked it up to throw it at him. Niko shruged and started eating. I laughed my ass off! I was low on health.

he was like

eh? Welb Im amned hungray. WTF? MMM MMM That was GOOOD.

[quote name='tilcfast']Does anyone else think Niko looks like he has a broken leg when walking or sprinting down stairs?[/QUOTE]

No, that's how you sprint down stairs without skipping some and falling on your face.

[quote name='Littlefields']I read somewhere that if you start a fight with someone on the streets and they start beating you up, while you just stand there; cops will arrest the other guy, if they didn't see that you started it. For some reason, that isn't true for me. I got arrested for getting beat up. What gives?[/quote]
Works for me. I even got two guys after me once, ran to a cop, and just blocked. He shot one guy and arrested the other.

I have 2 question,
How can you view the pictures you've taken with your Zit mobile phone? Also about Dwayne and Playboy, Does it matter which one you kill?

[quote name='tilcfast']Does anyone else think Niko looks like he has a broken leg when walking or sprinting down stairs?[/quote]Yeah, the animation isn't quite right. I get what they were going for (right leg first, then left leg down to the same step), but the left leg doesn't bend right.

[quote name='xcoax']I've noticed people dropping half eaten hot dogs. I usually pick them up and throw them back at people for littering. Thats about the most useful thing I've found to do with the ability.[/quote]

If I see a coffee cup laying on the ground, I always pick it up and toss is at someone. Sometimes they don't care, other times they want to rumble. Especially if it was their coffee.

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']If I see a coffee cup laying on the ground, I always pick it up and toss is at someone. Sometime's they don't care, other times they want to rumble. Especially if it was their coffee.[/QUOTE]

How do you pick up stuff? LB?

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, the animation isn't quite right. I get what they were going for (right leg first, then left leg down to the same step), but the left leg doesn't bend right.[/quote]

Not really, when I'm in a hurry, I walk down stairs like that, almost foot-sideways. I'm sure it was intentional and that Niko and myself aren't the only ones who do that.

[quote name='sp00ge']Not really, when I'm in a hurry, I walk down stairs like that, almost foot-sideways. I'm sure it was intentional and that Niko and myself aren't the only ones who do that.[/QUOTE]

I as well do the same exact thing.

I've had two friends give me cars as gifts, does anyone know where these cars are in the game? I figured they'd be outside one of the safehouses, but I can't find either.

Blood Brothers
I killed Derrick over Francis because I read there was no benefit in killing Francis (other than the satisfaction). I felt horrible afterwords :( And felt like a scum bag during the funeral.

[quote name='whiptcracker']I've had two friends give me cars as gifts, does anyone know where these cars are in the game? I figured they'd be outside one of the safehouses, but I can't find either.[/quote]

You mean like Brucie giving you the race car?

I can't be sure, but it seems like it's your responsibility to physically bring it to your safehouse at that point.

That is, I don't think it has a respawn point for you, so you might have to just hunt it down again in the city ..

[quote name='ArthurDigbySellers']If I see a coffee cup laying on the ground, I always pick it up and toss is at someone. Sometimes they don't care, other times they want to rumble. Especially if it was their coffee.[/quote]
I did this to the hot dog vendor outside of the first safehouse. I walked up to his cart and there were coffee cups laying on the ground so I threw one at him (fucker should keep his area CLEAN!); he wanted to fight me so I knocked his punk ass out. I then stole an SUV, drove up the street, then came back down at full speed and aimed it at his cart while I jumped out .... I laughed my ass off. fucking hot dog vendor.

[quote name='zengonzo']You mean like Brucie giving you the race car?

I can't be sure, but it seems like it's your responsibility to physically bring it to your safehouse at that point.

That is, I don't think it has a respawn point for you, so you might have to just hunt it down again in the city ..[/QUOTE]

Yeah like that and the
car Little Jacob gives you, I got messages while I was driving saying that they were giving me these cars, but I still have never even seen the car Little Jacob was talking about.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']How do you pick up stuff? LB?[/quote]

Yep, just get near an item and press LB. The hand icon in the upper right should open if you can pick it up.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I did this to the hot dog vendor outside of the first safehouse. I walked up to his cart and there were coffee cups laying on the ground so I threw one at him (fucker should keep his area CLEAN!); he wanted to fight me so I knocked his punk ass out. I then stole an SUV, drove up the street, then came back down at full speed and aimed it at his cart while I jumped out .... I laughed my ass off. fucking hot dog vendor.[/quote]

:rofl:

[quote name='KiLL3r']I have 2 question,
How can you view the pictures you've taken with your Zit mobile phone? Also about Dwayne and Playboy, Does it matter which one you kill?
[/QUOTE]

I don't think you can save the pictures you take other than ones required for missions. Not positive about that though. I personally killed Playboy.
Dwayne gave me the deed to Playboy's place and I now have it as a safehouse. I assume Playboy just pays you money, but don't know for sure.

[quote name='xcoax']
I don't think you can save the pictures you take other than ones required for missions. Not positive about that though. I personally killed Playboy.
Dwayne gave me the deed to Playboy's place and I now have it as a safehouse. I assume Playboy just pays you money, but don't know for sure.
[/quote]

I think playboy just gives you $25,000 and that's it. Atleast with Dwayne, you get the house AND once you get to a certain point with Dwayne, you got his bonus thing whatever that is.

[quote name='DustHimself']
I think playboy just gives you $25,000 and that's it. Atleast with Dwayne, you get the house AND once you get to a certain point with Dwayne, you got his bonus thing whatever that is.
[/QUOTE]

I don't see the point of the safehouse, with you getting one a few blocks over anyways. If you never got that, it would be a great addition.

bread's done
Back