Grand Theft Auto V Discussion Thread

New trailer has been released, can't believe we're less then 3 weeks away! :bouncy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZOvhlFVcxE​
just seen this on espn i was like omgggggg i doudt we will even care the online is not out till oct 1st the single player will have enough content to last way past oct 1st.

just seen this on espn i was like omgggggg i doudt we will even care the online is not out till oct 1st the single player will have enough content to last way past oct 1st.
Yea, Im gonna be playing this game for a long time. It almost makes me want to cancel my PS4 pre-order. Ok, not really. But still. :lol:

I can't wait to play this. I love Los Santos and GTA: San Andreas is my favorite game of the time.
Yep, San Andreas is one of my favorites as well, cant even tell you how many hours I logged into that one, but after GTA 4 the series hit a disappointing low for me and I thought the franchise was just gonna go downhill from there. Man, I'm happy I was wrong haha.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got two day shipping from amazon (free prime) and it says estimated delivery is sept. 17th.  Does this mean they will ship it a day or two before the game comes out?

Got two day shipping from amazon (free prime) and it says estimated delivery is sept. 17th. Does this mean they will ship it a day or two before the game comes out?
Release day delivery upgrades to overnight shipping.

It's soooo close now. The wait is killing me.

If anyone here wants to add me for when they open up the online portion of the game, my PSN is SlurringRhythms.

Damn, all these articles have my hype levels through the roof! This literally sounds like the perfect GTA game. Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, but that seems impossible at this point. Only 11 more days! :bouncy:

Damn, all these articles have my hype levels through the roof! This literally sounds like the perfect GTA game. Hopefully I'm not setting myself up for disappointment, but that seems impossible at this point. Only 11 more days! :bouncy:
yup, seems like R* approach in making this was "will it be fun to do? Yes? Then put it in the game!" I don't see this game being worse than gta iv in any aspect. Everything I've seen points to a game that could dethrone SA as the best gta made. Can't wait.

yup, seems like R* approach in making this game was "will it be fun to do? Yes? Then put it in the game!" I don't see this game being worse than gta iv in any aspect. Everything I've seen points to a game that could dethrone SA as the best gta made. Can't wait.
i think r* seen that people don't want a real life sim as a gta game we want crazy fun = SA other gta games. Hard to think this game is only 12 days away well 11 if you do midnight release.

Anyone know if there is a list online of all the Gamestops doing midnight launches? Usually they throw one on their site for the big game releases but I'm not seeing anything.

GTA 5 is 100 hours long

"The game, according to Rockstar's own Dan Houser, will be "100 hours long...We've got this big open-world experience that's 100 hours long, and that gives players control over what they do, what they see, and how they see it. A world where you can do everything from rob a bank to take a yoga lesson to watch TV, all in your own time."

What do you think? Personally I am gonna do so much free roaming and stuff so that I get well over 100 hours of it

I'm sure if you wanted to do every single thing in the game, it'll probably take you well in excess of 100 hours. But I doubt the main story will be anywhere near that long. 

Yeah, I'd imagine the main storyline is probably a quarter of that. Still, pretty impressive. Only one more week now.

Yeah, I'm guessing the actual story will be around 30 hours, but with all the side missions and exploring it will be around 120, and then there is online--which I've heard you can design your own missions and R* has hundreds ready to go.

That is a crazy amount of content...I still don't see how all this is going to be just 18gb...with all the audio alone it seems impossible.  Maybe the initial download is 18gb and then it unpacks or connects to R* servers to install more data...I just don't see it all being only 18gb. 

The reason I'm starting this up is because I have it preordered but I may just buy it digitally, but I'm scared of the install time!  I called where I have it preordered to make sure they are doing the midnight release and they said, "Of course, we have about 300 preorders!"  that is going to take forever unless I go early and wait in line, spending more time OR I can get it digitally and wait until 3am EST to start the download (just 18gb...not bad) but then the install which I'm guessing will take longer than it should because of R* using compression to make the file smaller than it should be--maybe I'm way off base here, but that's the only way I see it being just 18gb.  Decisions, decisions!

Yeah, I'm guessing the actual story will be around 30 hours, but with all the side missions and exploring it will be around 120, and then there is online--which I've heard you can design your own missions and R* has hundreds ready to go.

That is a crazy amount of content...I still don't see how all this is going to be just 18gb...with all the audio alone it seems impossible. Maybe the initial download is 18gb and then it unpacks or connects to R* servers to install more data...I just don't see it all being only 18gb.

The reason I'm starting this up is because I have it preordered but I may just buy it digitally, but I'm scared of the install time! I called where I have it preordered to make sure they are doing the midnight release and they said, "Of course, we have about 300 preorders!" that is going to take forever unless I go early and wait in line, spending more time OR I can get it digitally and wait until 3am EST to start the download (just 18gb...not bad) but then the install which I'm guessing will take longer than it should because of R* using compression to make the file smaller than it should be--maybe I'm way off base here, but that's the only way I see it being just 18gb. Decisions, decisions!
But the physical version, get it at midnight. I doubt it would take 3 hours to get 300 pre-orders in-and-out of the store. I would imagine you would have the game in-hand and home before 1AM, and the game installation time maybe another 30 minutes? And then there's the fact that you would have the digital version and be able to sell/trade it at a later time.

Right now, I'm debating if I want to keep my SE or downgrade to the regular edition. I feel like I could make some money off of the SE if I get that...

I've been to some pretty big launches at Gamestop with 200+ people in-line and even at the tail end, it's never taken me more than like 15-20 minutes to get my game. They make everyone pay ahead of time so once midnight hits, you literally just walk up, hand them the receipt and they give you your game. It's like a 10 second transaction.

I usually just show up like 10-15 minutes ahead of time, get my pre-order taken care of, bullshit with people in-line until midnight, then grab my game and go. From the time I get there to the time I'm pulling out of the parking lot, it takes maybe 40 minutes tops.

That said, I'd definitely get the game digitally if I could A.) pre-load and B.) it unlocked at 12AM Eastern and not Pacific. 

That said, I'd definitely get the game digitally if I could A.) pre-load and B.) it unlocked at 12AM Eastern and not Pacific.
This^^

I would probably be even more tempted if it was on sale for $53 like most digital versions are.

This^^

I would probably be even more tempted if it was on sale for $53 like most digital versions are.
I'm most angry about the no pre-load thing. It's not like this is some 500MB indie game. It's arguably the biggest game of the year and it's 18GB's.

My internet isn't the fastest but it's not terrible either, and that'd still take me like 2-3 hours to download (and that's assuming their servers won't get slammed, which they will so you can tack on an extra 1-3 hours). Add in the fact that it wont even allow me the ability to start downloading until 3AM Eastern, and there is honestly zero benefit to purchasing digitally. Pretty dumb if you ask me.

my gamestop makes people pay the game off before they enter store or youdon't enter before someone that has it paid off for me should take like 20 mins to get my game and be home playing by 1a.m at least 

Got this off neogaf.. The leaked map of new Los Santos..

e9ysi229a6xt.jpg

Look at all that country side!! 

antonio-banderas-gif-52bbd904-original.gif

i would say to drive around the full map will at least take 30 mins real time if not more lol i love doing that once it's possible in story mode

i would say to drive around the full map will at least take 30 mins real time if not more lol i love doing that once it's possible in story mode
Me too. Having that country to city to desert to seaside location will make driving/biking around fun. Its got some ridiculous animals too and wide ass underwater part to explore.. oh lord lol.

I read somewhere online (as reliable as that is, lol) that IGN was going to post their review on Friday...but no video review?? I don't think R* wants any gameplay vids before launch...so I doubt any review will come out before launch.

But the physical version, get it at midnight. I doubt it would take 3 hours to get 300 pre-orders in-and-out of the store. I would imagine you would have the game in-hand and home before 1AM, and the game installation time maybe another 30 minutes? And then there's the fact that you would have the digital version and be able to sell/trade it at a later time.

Right now, I'm debating if I want to keep my SE or downgrade to the regular edition. I feel like I could make some money off of the SE if I get that...
That's funny because I have a regular on reserve and I wanted to upgrade to SE but they sold out. You are probably right about the store-even if it's a huge line...it won't take more than an hour hopefully.

Although, I sort of think the extra guns unlocked from the beginning you get with the SE is sort of cheap. That's the fun part of GTA's...as much as it sucks starting out with nothing and you just want to explore, the more missions you do the more it opens up. I'm really not sure if I want to explore for a couple hours right off the bat of knock out a bunch of missions to get to some good stuff. I'm sure base jumping and scuba gear won't be readily available until you do missions and the game shows you where they are.

Or you can buy the strategy guide, but that's not my style!

just amazing this game is current gen and omg the map is so big it takes up two map sheets lol. Monday at midnight can't come sooner enough.

Yeah it looks fraking amazing, btw the guy on vine said he will upload alot of gameplay, so keep an eye on that. He even promised longer videos, would love to see 15min of free roam gameplay :p

i doudt i will wathc longer videos this is a game i don't want spoiled at all want to get it monday and feel amazed seeing i have yet seen great length of gameplay.

sucks that the s.g is 25 bucks game like this might be help having that but not for 25 dollers

I'm honestly very impressed by the graphics. As a PC gamer, I've been playing GTA4 on there lately and it looks great. I did however go back and try playing both TLAD and BOGT on my PS3 and it looked pretty awful. Really bad draw distance/tons of pop-in, low-res textures, etc... Those videos really make it appear like they made a huge leap in terms of visuals for the consoles. 

I really cant wait at this point. I went and paid off my pre-order today at Gamestop. Only five more days.

I'm really impressed--the leap in graphics from IV to V is evident at first glance even though the quality of the recording sucked and the clips are short. 

It looks crazy detailed and like it's running very smooth too...I would even dare to say it looks next gen, I can't wait to see it on my TV and really be blown away. 

It's one thing to see gameplay in a trailer and then just see it running--the trailers don't lie though, it really looks that good.  I'm prepared for some jaggies and pop in, but those saying wait until a next gen version are crazy.

I'm really impressed--the leap in graphics from IV to V is evident at first glance even though the quality of the recording sucked and the clips are short.

It looks crazy detailed and like it's running very smooth too...I would even dare to say it looks next gen, I can't wait to see it on my TV and really be blown away.

It's one thing to see gameplay in a trailer and then just see it running--the trailers don't lie though, it really looks that good. I'm prepared for some jaggies and pop in, but those saying wait until a next gen version are crazy.
it shows we really don't need a new gen of systems. Games can still play and look great on ps3/360 and happy thse two systems are still going to be supported for couple more years.

People complain about how long this gen has been but the more familiar the developers get the better the games look and play...maybe I'm wrong but I think this gen was sort of an exception to that rule--because of the cell processor I don't think developers were ever fully able take advantage of the PS3's setup.  Gamers deserve innovation and having been gaming for so long it takes something new for me to lay down my cash day one.

But innovation should be pushed forward by better tech AND better ideas.  Character switching is a perfect example.  I don't see another title coming in the next 12 months that's near as ambitious as GTA V, perhaps Beyond Two Souls and Titanfall are the exception.  But those still aren't all that different and I still see mostly sequels.  Next gen needs to push gameplay forward

This is one heck of a leap technologically we are about to take--so much more RAM, faster and more efficient processors, and everything else, but are we going to see new ideas, like character switching on the fly, that takes advantage of it? 

Not every develop is a Rockstar that puts out a great product every time.  It's time for next gen technically, but I won't be surprised if nothing really excites me until I see R* or Naughty Dog's new projects.

I think we're definitely due for upgrades for the console hardware. 512 MB of RAM is so small...I mean, the PS4 and X1 both have roughly 2-3 GB reserved for the new OS's and features. While games look better the later this current generation goes, 720p (or less) at 30 fps isn't really worthy of our 1080p TVs.

Not to mention the PS3 OS is laggy as hell and doesn't support party chat/cross game chat. I'm not a hardcore graphics whore, but we all know 1080p 60 fps will look better than 720p 30 fps any day. Plus, the new hardware both have a MUCH easier/familiar architecture to work with. This new generation *should* allow the developers to hit the current sweet spot of 1080p/60fps, AND make things look really detailed...without taking 5 years to make ;)

I can't wait for Tuesday, regardless!

People complain about how long this gen has been but the more familiar the developers get the better the games look and play...maybe I'm wrong but I think this gen was sort of an exception to that rule--because of the cell processor I don't think developers were ever fully able take advantage of the PS3's setup. Gamers deserve innovation and having been gaming for so long it takes something new for me to lay down my cash day one.

But innovation should be pushed forward by better tech AND better ideas. Character switching is a perfect example. I don't see another title coming in the next 12 months that's near as ambitious as GTA V, perhaps Beyond Two Souls and Titanfall are the exception. But those still aren't all that different and I still see mostly sequels. Next gen needs to push gameplay forward

This is one heck of a leap technologically we are about to take--so much more RAM, faster and more efficient processors, and everything else, but are we going to see new ideas, like character switching on the fly, that takes advantage of it?

Not every develop is a Rockstar that puts out a great product every time. It's time for next gen technically, but I won't be surprised if nothing really excites me until I see R* or Naughty Dog's new projects.
The real problem is publishers don't wanna spend the money on innovation, they want to spend their money on games they know will sell tons. I mean look at Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed. Then we also have other franchises that take gameplay mechanics and make the game repetitive and easy, and basically ruin things. It's all a money game and publishers are not spending the money on innovation like they should.

Granted, there is more this year in innovation which is good. I am so excited for GTA V. After playing Saints Row 4 which was a huge letdown, I want a good open world game.

bread's done
Back