Grand Theft Auto V Discussion Thread

yeah rockstar is crazy strict on gameplay of their games being showing early and even first couple days out. Which in my mind is fine seeing it's mostly story based and can ruin the game for alot of people and might make people not buy it if they know what happens.

I'm on a media blackout for this game, Im not even going to read any reviews if they come out before release. Im just going to look at the scores haha. Also, heres a pic of the CE.

2hgagxl.jpg

I'm on a media blackout for this game, Im not even going to read any reviews if they come out before release. Im just going to look at the scores haha. Also, heres a pic of the CE.

2hgagxl.jpg
im the same way i was in gamestop today and the guy said did you see this ddi you see that and imlike DUDE plz don't spoil it lol. that stuff looks awsome but i just got hte 80 doller version seem to me like that was worth it not the CE.

Grand Theft Auto V PS3 PSN Pre-Loads Begin Sunday at 3PM GMT in Europe, 3AM EST on Monday in North America

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2013/09/13/grand-theft-auto-v-ps3-eu-psn-pre-loads-delayed-until-monday-september-16th/
Well, that was one of my biggest gripes. Glad they are letting people pre-load. Still, it wont unlock until 3AM Eastern, so I pre-ordered at Gamestop anyway so I can go pick it up at midnight instead of waiting three extra hours.

My PSN is SlurringRhythms if any of you would like to add me. I'm definitely going to be looking for people to play online with once that drops in October.

Does anyone know if you preorder from Best Buy and pick up in store, do you get the free Blimp emailed to you or do you get it in store? Do you have to pickup your preorder at the same exact store you preordered at?

Does anyone know if you preorder from Best Buy and pick up in store, do you get the free Blimp emailed to you or do you get it in store? Do you have to pickup your preorder at the same exact store you preordered at?
If it is not on the receipt, it should be emailed to you as long as they scan your RZ card.

No, you don't have to pick up the copy from the same store you pre-ordered, UNLESS you got anything other than the standard edition. (Or if you did a pre-order online for in-store pick up.)

Wait, I thought they cancelled pre-loads for NA entirely?  This changes things...might go digital instead of having to drive to GS!

If I can preload I can share with a friend (who can't afford it) and I will be playing at 12:01 am!  That might be too good.

Wait, I thought they cancelled pre-loads for NA entirely? This changes things...might go digital instead of having to drive to GS!

If I can preload I can share with a friend (who can't afford it) and I will be playing at 12:01 am! That might be too good.
If you live on the West Coast, yeah you'll be playing at 12AM. If you live on the East Coast you have to wait until 3AM. If only they could figure out timezones and had it unlock at 12AM Eastern, I definitely would've went digital.

If it is not on the receipt, it should be emailed to you as long as they scan your RZ card.

No, you don't have to pick up the copy from the same store you pre-ordered, UNLESS you got anything other than the standard edition. (Or if you did a pre-order online for in-store pick up.)
Thank you. Much more convenient to go to a different store to pick up.

If you live on the West Coast, yeah you'll be playing at 12AM. If you live on the East Coast you have to wait until 3AM. If only they could figure out timezones and had it unlock at 12AM Eastern, I definitely would've went digital.
Damn, I got really excited there for a minute. Gamestop it is, whatever option lets me play this game the soonest is the winner. I even asked the only game store in my town, FYE, if they were doing midnight release but they are not. FYE in my town actually charges more than MSRP for games and I hate to give them any business but I would have for GTAV.

I think I will have to unsubscribe from IGN on Youtube for like a few weeks. They have a habit of posting walkthrough videos nobody asked for. I don't want it ruin just because they are on reviewer speed. Besides, it might not be on the launch day when I get my copy. I will have to wait for more days.

Does anyone know how Best Buy handles midnight openings? Do you have to get there at a specific time before they close or can you come later to avoid lines?

Does anyone know how Best Buy handles midnight openings? Do you have to get there at a specific time before they close or can you come later to avoid lines?
i am not 100 % sure, but you wait outside the store until 11:30 or 12:00 they open the store, then they let you purchase the game. there is no specific time.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am not 100 % sure, but you wait outside the store until 11:30 or 12:00 they open the store, then they let you purchase the game. there is no specific time.
Damn I can't wait outside that long. Do you think I could just show up at 12:05 and they will still have enough games left?

I joined the CAG crew as well--looking forward to this shit.  GTA IV was actually decent online too, but this is going to be way better, we got to set up a night/time!  Come October 1st I'm so down for this, even if it's just races across the desert.  God this wait is killing me.

Does anyone know if the Grand Theft Auto game case comes with an actual map? Grand Theft Auto 4 and Red Dead Redemption did but since then the digital era with the online manuals have polluted the game industry. One can only hope.

Should we make the Crew invite only, to make sure it's just CAGs that are joining?
I would think so. But as of right now, only CAGs who see the link are joining. Maybe once the game comes out, we could close the backdoor, so to speak.

I would think so. But as of right now, only CAGs who see the link are joining. Maybe once the game comes out, we could close the backdoor, so to speak.
It comes up in public search currently, so I don't see anyone joining unless they are from CAG. I'll make it invite only tomorrow I think, since I'm sure there will be a few early releases at some point.

Joined crew. Since I am getting this for PS3, my friend list is pretty scarce. Nice to see that I will be able to get use out of multiplayer now!

Is there any way to get the crew link in the main post? I think that'd help increase visibility for fellow CAG's. That, or we could also start a separate thread for GTA Online. I think that may be the best thing to do.

Is there any way to get the crew link in the main post? I think that'd help increase visibility for fellow CAG's. That, or we could also start a separate thread for GTA Online. I think that may be the best thing to do.
i think a separate thread is better. i just thought this was a gta v games discussion only

Edit: i just joined my username is blinoak

I'll put a link in the OP, but a separate crew thread would be the best thing to do IMO.

I watched a comparison video and it seemed the 360 has ever so slightly sharper textures. The PS3 version was a little bit softer and slightly more cinematic looking.

Here is the video:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMR0VsBIEZI[/youtube]

It's not the greatest comparison though as the Xbox is set in mid-day while the PS3 video is set in the early morning so the shadows are different.

thanks for the video!  I have it preordered on 360 as thats where most of my gaming library is along with HDMI cable, but my controller jas been acting up so thinking about getting this on PS3 (which I just got last month) instead...

thanks for the video! I have it preordered on 360 as thats where most of my gaming library is along with HDMI cable, but my controller jas been acting up so thinking about getting this on PS3 (which I just got last month) instead...
I thought PS3 was lead platform this time.

bread's done
Back