Grand Theft Auto V Discussion Thread

2 and a half hours until the Revision 3 review. Don't know if this is the first that is gonna be put out but it's a video review.

I will be disappointed if this doesn't get 10's across the board. I have come to expect that level from GTA.

2 and a half hours until the Revision 3 review. Don't know if this is the first that is gonna be put out but it's a video review.

I will be disappointed if this doesn't get 10's across the board. I have come to expect that level from GTA.

Probably not tens across the board. There will always be one or two sites that hate it for not being perfection in game form. I will be happy with an 9.7 or 9.6. either way I am going to buy it and play the crap out of it like I did RDR.

Probably not tens across the board. There will always be one or two sites that hate it for not being perfection in game form. I will be happy with an 9.7 or 9.6. either way I am going to buy it and play the crap out of it like I did RDR.
Yeah I expect high 9's 10's or 9's, but I hope that the reviewers at least say this is the best GTA to date. That is what I am really hoping for, this is better than SA. (I disliked IV).

The 360 version has 27 perfect scores on Metacritic so far and counting.

All are saying though that Rockstar has done a technical feat, so I am extremely excited to play it now. It just doesn't seem like the best GTA game, it seems like this could be the best game of this gen.

Anybody unsubscribe  IGN's youtube channel, like I did? They always do this. They post full walkthroughs of all the missions in games with spoilers in it. I never liked that period but I loathe it for this game. I will subscribe back next month once everything dies down and I get into the game more.

Just got it, it's around a 20 minute install. Not to bad considering the size of the install.
Thanks for the heads up. I will boot the install right after work tonight then I will go grab a shower/dinner. By the time that's done I will have it ready to go.

I am so excited.

*Edit, UPS says my Amazon Order got delieved to a dock and signed by someone*. Right now I am not happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
So...the car handling is still absolute shit, but it IS an improvement over GTA IV. That said, it still feels like that are on ice and the cars have no weight to them. This is even more disappointing considering Rockstar made the Midnight Club series...

I've not had an issue with handling. I actually think it's pretty damn good. Sports cars are a bit slippery, but everything else is great. I like a lot of the vehicles you can find out in the desert. Trevor's truck is probably my favorite vehicle in the game right now.

So...the car handling is still absolute shit, but it IS an improvement over GTA IV. That said, it still feels like that are on ice and the cars have no weight to them. This is even more disappointing considering Rockstar made the Midnight Club series...
I love the handling. A few more hours and I might start to think V's handling is better than SA lol. I have not tried planes, boats and bikes though.

EDIT: How can I train Chop? That can't be a real life phone app, isn't it?

the cars handels amazing and turning corners are awsome with that new thing where you push down both thumb sticks and go in slow mode. With that said if you are talking about sports cars not handle that great like other cars well those cars to be honest are evne in real world don't handle that great.

So... maybe I'm spoiled since I do a majority of my gaming on PC, but is anyone else getting headaches from the framerate/lack of v-sync? Walking/running around looks fine, but as soon as I start driving it seems like every 3 or 4 frames get dropped. Sometimes, when I'm being chased by the police, it almost passes for a slide show. I thought it might be my TV settings, but no matter what I do to my LG, it still looks just as awful. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the game, but this is really hurting the overall enjoyment factor.

BTW I am playing on the PS3 slim. Not the slim-slim.

I'm primarily a PC gamer as well. The frame rate is an issue at times ( usually when driving fast, weaving in between cars) but it's not terrible. My game never turns into a slideshow even at max wanted level so I'm not sure what's going on there. I'm also using the regular slim PS3.

Then maybe my issues are just specific to a small percentage of owners. I've considered uninstalling the initial 8 gigs, in case that's where the problem might lie, but I'm a little concerned about it corrupting my save. Don't want to lose my 10 hours of time.

Can't wait till 3 PM so I can go and bitch to UPS and Amazon asking where the hell my game is. Apparently the dumbasses at UPS shipped my game + LE Guide to a dock and someone signed for it.

I hope this doesn't take over a week to resolve, about 85% of the internet is talking about GTA V and it's killing me, lol.

Called Amazon, got a refund and got the game at GS during lunch.

This iOS app is horrible. It works fine, it is just buggy as shit and never loads the app. Just can't log in.

I thought this gta has the best handling up until I did my very first racing mission last night... I raced with what I think is a front engine rear drive coupe and holy shit the handling is so unforgiving.. It's not bad(i'm okay with it so far), but definitely more difficult than previous GTA's.

i love how this game seems like it got the gta series back to the roots of the franchise not the real life story like gta 4. I even lol at the part they made fun of saints row.

i love how this game seems like it got the gta series back to the roots of the franchise not the real life story like gta 4. I even lol at the part they made fun of saints row.
Yup, its definitley living up to the hype so far for me. I havent had any issues with the graphics and I think it looks pretty amazing considering the hardware but some people who bought the psn version seem to be having some issues. Also...

GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day... :hot:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/18/gta-5-makes-800-million-in-one-day

Yup, its definitley living up to the hype so far for me. I havent had any issues with the graphics and I think it looks pretty amazing considering the hardware but some people who bought the psn version seem to be having some issues. Also...

GTA 5 Makes $800 Million in One Day... :hot:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/09/18/gta-5-makes-800-million-in-one-day
it's about time a game that should do well is doing well and a game like call of duty that gets it every year when in the end it don't deserv it. pretty much they earn triple of the cost to make the game in one day that is just crazy

I wonder how long before the APP hits android?
I hate how Android gets the shift on apps....I can't think of any articles I've read that have said "Look at this new amazing game/app that is exclusive to Android! No word on an iOS version..." I will say that I am satisfied since switching to an android phone. It's nice being able to download files and display flash content on the Web, customize the layout and features, etc. I guess it's a trade off.

So with handling etc. for people with problems. Good advice I was five is to drive more as your skills for driving omprove the more you drive. Also upgrading your car"whip" also can and will make your car better. Didn't believe this at first but upgraded my car and can easily do races now.

The chop thing is an IoS app .

i really don't see a major issue with graphics on this game maybe its the ps3 version 360 version never looks nasty even going fast in cars
For me it's noticeable, but then again I can forgive Rockstar because the hardware probably could barely handle GTA V in the first place. I still love the game so much though. Graphics aside.

ios app don't even work for me can't even sign into my social club account says error not a big deal but would be nice to train chop in game.
Rockstar says their looking into it, so bare with them. They did good with Gta V.

Should I buy the digital version, there are people saying that its really buggy. Btw im buying from the ps store. Anyone experiencing problems with the ps3 digital version?

Should I buy the digital version, there are people saying that its really buggy. Btw im buying from the ps store. Anyone experiencing problems with the ps3 digital version?
don't buy it, the digital version are said the be poorer/worst than the physical versions. get the phyiscal copy

I went to my local walmart with my godkids and I saw a huge load of copies still in the display case. I live in a little podunk town but I never thought we would be have so many copies still up for grabs like 2 days in. Even though I don't have my copy yet. There is no rush for one now. Anybody seeing any copies without a home out there?

I went to my local walmart with my godkids and I saw a huge load of copies still in the display case. I live in a little podunk town but I never thought we would be have so many copies still up for grabs like 2 days in. Even though I don't have my copy yet. There is no rush for one now. Anybody seeing any copies without a home out there?
Best Buy had many places for copies that were missing and probably 1/4 left on their shelves when I went Tuesday night.

why would you ever think the game would sell out? the game made over 800 million dolles in one day game still selling crazy.

Damn it, I messed up.

I killed packie not knowing it was him and I think he's gone forever, he won't be able to help me with heists. NOOOOOO!!!!

And holy crap the water in this game looks incredible.

Damn it, I messed up.

I killed packie not knowing it was him and I think he's gone forever, he won't be able to help me with heists. NOOOOOO!!!!

And holy crap the water in this game looks incredible.
I did the same thing. I'm not too far in, so I think I'll start over. This time I'll remember to have staggered save files.

bread's done
Back