Great. Anyone else having PSP problems already? (got dead pixels?)

I wouldn't plan on picking one up on ebay. How pissed would you be to receive one with dead pixels, and no way of returning the damn thing?!

Sorry to hear some of you are having these problems. Hope everyone (eventually) gets a system without DP's.

[quote name='masha']Charging....[/quote]

Yeah, the suspense was killing me, so i fired it up while it was charging, just so i could check the pixels and try out Wipeout. I have no self control... :p

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Wow. To Scorch.. how does it feel to be such an ass/fanboy? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

I was considering purchasing the PSP until issues came up. How dare you call me a fanboy. Between my brother and I, we own all three consoles, four GBA's, and soon a DS and PSP. Do your research before trying to call someone a fanboy, asshole.

Say what you want, my statement was not fanboy-ish. That's one of the biggest F-U's to the consumer Sony's ever done.

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Rig']Um...you really should have put a "I didn't get a PSP" option, becuase you should know that everyone is going to come in here and vote, whether or not they ever purchased the system...[/quote]

...and they would still vote "dead pixel" even if they had the "didn't get a PSP" option. This poll is supposed to be for PSP owners only, but obviously there's no stoping fanboys from cocking it up regardless of the options I did/didn't include.[/quote]

Yeah, I know. But, I don't have a PSP and I haven't voted. I would've voted for the "don't have one" option, although again, as you said, many others wouldn't... :?

[quote name='organicow'][quote name='Rig']Um...you really should have put a "I didn't get a PSP" option, becuase you should know that everyone is going to come in here and vote, whether or not they ever purchased the system...[/quote]

...and they would still vote "dead pixel" even if they had the "didn't get a PSP" option. This poll is supposed to be for PSP owners only, but obviously there's no stoping fanboys from cocking it up regardless of the options I did/didn't include.[/quote]

So basically if the majority says their are no dead pixels, then the PSP is great... if the majority says it has dead pixels, you'll refer back to your statement and assume it was fanboys and the voting is flawed... :roll:

[quote name='Mookyjooky']But if you have 1-2 dead pixels and you're still bitching....damn, you need a hug.[/quote]

I don't think that it should have any dead pixels... for $250 it should work perfectly out of the box. I could always use a hug though...

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Wow. To Scorch.. how does it feel to be such an ass/fanboy? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

I was considering purchasing the PSP until issues came up. How dare you call me a fanboy. Between my brother and I, we own all three consoles, four GBA's, and soon a DS and PSP. Do your research before trying to call someone a fanboy, asshole.

Say what you want, my statement was not fanboy-ish. That's one of the biggest F-U's to the consumer Sony's ever done.[/quote]

it wasn't fanboyish, but is was pretty ass-ish. gloating over the misfortunes of others isn't exactly being nice.

[quote name='Chris in Cali']Two PSP's in my house, and no dead pixels on either, thank God.[/quote]

you should be allowed to vote twice...for accuracy's sake.

I just think that things should work properly , so if it has dead pixels that Xpensive piece of shit is not worth it !

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='Chris in Cali']Two PSP's in my house, and no dead pixels on either, thank God.[/quote]

you should be allowed to vote twice...for accuracy's sake.[/quote]

Three times will be more accurate. Him, girlfriend and...the one and only...GoD :hot:

...still charging..Damn it. :twisted:

I have more than one and also have a bigger than a dead pixel mark in the upper right, called EB and told the guy about it and he told me to bring it back in less than 14 days to exchange.

dead pixels are common, but you guys probably wouldn't understand that. Give them time to resolve, my sony rep says they will have something in place for it

Well, I ended up getting my PSP. I opened it up in store to make sure there were no dead pixels. There was some dust, so I used the wipe to clean it off.

I get back home to show my wife and guess what?

THE MOTHERfuckIN WIPE SCRATCHED THE SHIT OUTTA MY SCREEN!

I guess there was some debris on there that fuckin dug the shit outta my screen. Now I have three big ass circular scratches in the middle of my screen.

I didn't wipe hard or anything. Just real easy like.

I don't give a shit, I'm taking it back and getting another one.

I just returned my PSP with a dead pixel and now I got another one with dust underneath the screen. Luckily there are no dead pixels. Should I stick with this one, or return it for another?

can someone please tell me what the best screen on the unit would be to test for dead pixels? my wife picked me up one on her lunch and she won't be home for another 5hrs. and I would like her to check it out before she gets all the way home(she works about an hour away so this would mean we would have to wait until tomorrow to return it instead of her going right after work since the store is only a minute away from her)

*sigh* two dead pixels, and I called the EB I bought it from; the clerk claimed that they only rec'd enough units for preorders, so I couldn't return it right away.

What's a guy to do?

myke.

[quote name='gaelan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

Say what you want, my statement was not fanboy-ish. That's one of the biggest F-U's to the consumer Sony's ever done.[/quote]

it wasn't fanboyish, but is was pretty ass-ish. gloating over the misfortunes of others isn't exactly being nice.[/quote]

Yeah, it was.. I apologize. I just got sick of hearing how great the PSP would be from fanboys.. now everyone's having problems. It's kinda funny in that sense, but if I had bought one, i'd be pissed just like everyone else. So I apologize for my comment, but that is one hell of a shaft.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

it wasn't fanboyish, but is was pretty ass-ish. gloating over the misfortunes of others isn't exactly being nice.[/quote]

Yeah, it was.. I apologize. I just got sick of hearing how great the PSP would be from fanboys.. now everyone's having problems. It's kinda funny in that sense, but if I had bought one, i'd be pissed just like everyone else. So I apologize for my comment, but that is one hell of a shaft.[/quote]

"Everyone's" not having problems. The majority of people have reported that they didn't have dead pixels or any other problems.

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

If you're not a fanboy, why do you repeatedly go into PSP threads trying to diss it? You don't own a PSP, why do you even comment on it? If you hate the PSP that bad, go make your own *I hate psp* thread and stop crapping in every other PSP threads.

Grave_Addiction, what did you use to wipe the screen wiith?

[quote name='Cornfedwb'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Rig']Um...you really should have put a "I didn't get a PSP" option, becuase you should know that everyone is going to come in here and vote, whether or not they ever purchased the system...[/quote]

So basically if the majority says their are no dead pixels, then the PSP is great... if the majority says it has dead pixels, you'll refer back to your statement and assume it was fanboys and the voting is flawed... :roll:[/quote]

I'm sorry, but it seems you're taking this a bit too seriously. I think the PSP is great for me, because I have no dead pixels. No poll results will change that. However, I think Sony needs to get its head out of its ass and rectify this problem, even if it turns out to not be as widespread as we originally thought it was. That said, I would be really pissed if I was stuck with dead pixels.

As for you suggesting that I will "refer back" to that statement about inaccuracy later on if the results show a majority of PSPs here with dead pixels, that's just retarded. I am not that childish, and like I said - I have no argument here. I own a DS and a PSP and am really sick of all the Fanboy BS slamming one or the other, so I figured I'd at least legitimize the arguments (on BOTH sides) by gathering some raw numbers.

And honestly, I don't give two stinky shits "who wins" this poll...to me it is not a contest the results of which I will want to refute later.

Oh, and I can't forget: :roll: @Cornfedwb.

[quote name='parking lot pimp']I just returned my PSP with a dead pixel and now I got another one with dust underneath the screen. Luckily there are no dead pixels. Should I stick with this one, or return it for another?[/quote]

Dust is gonna get underneath the screen no matter what. It's one of those weird anomalies in life. No one knows how it gets there, it just does. Dust underneath a screen is not a defect. A dead pixel is.

I suggest you keep it.

[quote name='gokou36'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

If you're not a fanboy, why do you repeatedly go into PSP threads trying to diss it? You don't own a PSP, why do you even comment on it? If you hate the PSP that bad, go make your own *I hate psp* thread and stop crapping in every other PSP threads.

Grave_Addiction, what did you use to wipe the screen wiith?[/quote]

I used the fuggin' wipe that came with my PSP.

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, I ended up getting my PSP. I opened it up in store to make sure there were no dead pixels. There was some dust, so I used the wipe to clean it off.

I guess there was some debris on there that shaq-fuin dug the shit outta my screen. Now I have three big ass circular scratches in the middle of my screen.

I don't give a shit, I'm taking it back and getting another one.[/quote]

What an ass, you fucked it up and now you're taking it back. No wonder Sony's return policy is such a pain in the ass.

On the majority of screens being ok:

Yeah, that's fine. If 51% of the screens are A-ok, and 49% of screens have a DP, the majority are still fine.

That's still not acceptable at all. There have been a surprising amount of reports of people getting broken PSPs. Are the majority broken? No. Does that matter? No.

Well, my first PSP didn't have any dead pixels, but it got scratched using Sony's wipe. So I sent the wife to get me another one. Hopefully, this one won't have a dead pixel.

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, I ended up getting my PSP. I opened it up in store to make sure there were no dead pixels. There was some dust, so I used the wipe to clean it off.

I guess there was some debris on there that shaq-fuin dug the shit outta my screen. Now I have three big ass circular scratches in the middle of my screen.

What an ass, you shaq-fued it up and now you're taking it back. No wonder Sony's return policy is such a pain in the ass.[/quote]

i'm sure he's gonna tell them that he scratched the screen up with an abrasive rag...well maybe not

[quote name='Mookyjooky'][quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, I ended up getting my PSP. I opened it up in store to make sure there were no dead pixels. There was some dust, so I used the wipe to clean it off.

What an ass, you shaq-fued it up and now you're taking it back. No wonder Sony's return policy is such a pain in the ass.[/quote]

fuck you! I used Sony's official damn wipe. It's not like I took a damn toothbrush or sandpaper to clean the God damn thing.

If you bought a new car that came with something to shine and wash your car from the manufacturer, and you used it and it scratched the shit outta your car, what would you do? Would you not take it back to the dealer? Or would be content to keep it and not use the cleaner again?

Look, Sony gave me the wipe to clean my PSP. If the damn thing scratches it, why is that my fault?

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='gaelan'][quote name='Scorch'][quote name='organicow'][quote name='Scorch']Wow. To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad? I wouldn't know..[/quote]

Fanboy?

Yeah, it was.. I apologize. I just got sick of hearing how great the PSP would be from fanboys.. now everyone's having problems. It's kinda funny in that sense, but if I had bought one, i'd be pissed just like everyone else. So I apologize for my comment, but that is one hell of a shaft.[/quote]

Hey man, I'll be the first to admit that Sony needs to get it together on this one. That said, you asking "To everyone who bought a PSP.. how does it feel to get shafted so bad?" does sound a bit shitty. You keep saying things like "everyone" is having problems, when that is simply not true. There are many of us who are enjoying perfect PSPs, and most of us feel genuine sympathy (not a desire to ridicule) for those who got DPs. Also, while there are a worrisome number of CAGs having problems, it is very likely that there are tons of CAGs with perfect systems who are too busy playing them to be on this board right now. Hell, I only put the thing down because I had to come to class!

As for me not "doing my research" on which particular consoles you and your brother own - I'm sorry, but I couldn't care less what you do/don't own when you make an ass comment like the one you made. It was the principle, especially since you aren't really known for your *ahem* nice comments toward the PSP...

And yes, Sony did give some people one hell of a shaft.

[quote name='evilmax17']On the majority of screens being ok:

Yeah, that's fine. If 51% of the screens are A-ok, and 49% of screens have a DP, the majority are still fine.

That's still not acceptable at all. There have been a surprising amount of reports of people getting broken PSPs. Are the majority broken? No. Does that matter? No.[/quote]
One person gets killed, thats 0.00000000014285% of the world's population. Thats a very, very insignificant percentage.... but don't people still get bothered by it?

[quote name='Grave_Addiction']Well, I ended up getting my PSP. I opened it up in store to make sure there were no dead pixels. There was some dust, so I used the wipe to clean it off.

I used the wipe too and it was fine. I think the problem with yours is, you used it when there was dust on it which probably smeared it. I think you should've blown the dust off instead of wiping it.

If the damn thing scratches it, why is that my fault?

It's not.

I'm considering myself lucky with no dead pixels and no problems with the buttons; however, I do have one small concern. The disc cover that opens up doesn't close completely on the left side. By that I don't mean anything too noticeable but enough to where I notice it. Then again I'm anal about my stuff so it might be something only I would see. Does anyone else's psp have this "problem"?

[quote name='Kayden'][quote name='evilmax17']On the majority of screens being ok:

That's still not acceptable at all. There have been a surprising amount of reports of people getting broken PSPs. Are the majority broken? No. Does that matter? No.[/quote]
One person gets killed, thats 0.00000000014285% of the world's population. Thats a very, very insignificant percentage.... but don't people still get bothered by it?[/quote]

That's the point. Maybe I worded it poorly. People are saying that "the majority of screens are fine, so what's the big deal?" Well we've already gotten reports into the double digits of people who got PSPs with DPs. This is very troubling, regardless of what the percentages are.

It doesn't matter if the majority of screens are fine. There are enough reports of faulty screens to make it unacceptable. Let's assume that 20% of PSPs have DPs. That's only 20% compared to 80%, but at the same time, GOD DAMN that's 20%!

[quote name='Scarface7']
If the damn thing scratches it, why is that my fault?

It's not.

I'm considering myself lucky with no dead pixels and no problems with the buttons; however, I do have one small concern. The disc cover that opens up doesn't close completely on the left side. By that I don't mean anything too noticeable but enough to where I notice it. Then again I'm anal about my stuff so it might be something only I would see. Does anyone else's psp have this "problem"?[/quote]

I'm just like you. I want my system to be perfect, and if I notice something wrong with it, it will bother me to no end.

I didn't notce anything like that with my disc cover, but I thought it seemed really fragile. It just doesn't seem very sturdy at all.

[quote name='evilmax17'][quote name='Kayden'][quote name='evilmax17']On the majority of screens being ok:

One person gets killed, thats 0.00000000014285% of the world's population. Thats a very, very insignificant percentage.... but don't people still get bothered by it?[/quote]

That's the point. Maybe I worded it poorly. People are saying that "the majority of screens are fine, so what's the big deal?" Well we've already gotten reports into the double digits of people who got PSPs with DPs. This is very troubling, regardless of what the percentages are.

It doesn't matter if the majority of screens are fine. There are enough reports of faulty screens to make it unacceptable. Let's assume that 20% of PSPs have DPs. That's only 20% compared to 80%, but at the same time, GOD DAMN that's 20%![/quote]

Why's it matter so much to you though? You've got a better chance at getting a system that is perfectly fine than getting one that has dead pixels. If you get one with dead pixels, exchange it for one without dead pixels.

[quote name='Kaz Hirai, president of Sony Computer Entertainment America']
...the company pulled all the strings it could to make sure there were 1 million PSPs ready for the North American launch.
[/quote]

i guess we know now which strings were pulled as well as corners cut. sub contract a cheapass company to provide a third party screen, and pack the boxes in dirt to save on packing material. j/k

I got mine. One dead pixel. It isn't too bad since it is in the right corner. I don't know if I will return it or not...it's not really noticeable and I got the EB warranty so I may wait to see how the system holds up over the year.

For all the defects aside.....I was pretty hesitant about this system...but after playing and watching spider-man 2 it is truly a site to see. The screen is gorgeous. Thanks TRU\EB for making mine free!

What's worse is that I think a lot of people have had horendous problems with Sony products upon launch.....but as eager gamers we continue to rush out and buy their products as soon as we can. All that does is show them how great a success it is....arrogance persists and we as gamers lose.

It's not fair to the current buyer of the product and it's not fair to future buyers as the product is not corrected. Sony got me twice in the past when I rushed out to get a PS1 and a PS2....they won't be getting my business on the PSP for a while...I want that fucker pristine if I'm dropping $200+. Anyway....at least some people are getting good units.

bread's done
Back