Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

[quote name='stupidproz1']New deal of the day is L.A. Noire, does trhis activate on Steam or no does anyone know?[/QUOTE]

It does not.

[quote name='MSUHitman']I thought all of the Green Man deals worked w/Steam?[/QUOTE]
Only Steamworks titles do and those make up a small percentage of the overall GMG catalog.

I couldn't get into LA Noire. Everyone and their mother had said that it was over-hyped and not that good, but I just assumed they were full of crap... but after playing it, I sadly have to agree. Ugh, it initially looked like it would be really promising too.

[quote name='rybrad']Negative.[/QUOTE]

I think Steamworks has been patched in recently:
http://kotaku.com/5835202/new-borderlands-patch-will-test-borderlands-2-tech-adds-steamworks

Personally would wait for the GOTY edition to go on sale. I got in on a 4-pack sale on Steam last year which worked out to about $5.50/copy. I think it went on sale several times after that on Steam for the same price, and probably will happen again sooner rather than later.

[quote name='V878']I think Steamworks has been patched in recently:
http://kotaku.com/5835202/new-borderlands-patch-will-test-borderlands-2-tech-adds-steamworks

Personally would wait for the GOTY edition to go on sale. I got in on a 4-pack sale on Steam last year which worked out to about $5.50/copy. I think it went on sale several times after that on Steam for the same price, and probably will happen again sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]
The GotY edition can be registered on Steam but the vanilla versions never became Steam registrable I believe. I think it has to do with the DLC because it was vendor specific in some cases.

Edit: And yea, wait for a GotY deal, they happen all the time and all of the DLC except Moxxi is great.

[quote name='V878']I think Steamworks has been patched in recently:

Personally would wait for the GOTY edition to go on sale. I got in on a 4-pack sale on Steam last year which worked out to about $5.50/copy. I think it went on sale several times after that on Steam for the same price, and probably will happen again sooner rather than later.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rybrad']The GotY edition can be registered on Steam but the vanilla versions never became Steam registrable I believe. I think it has to do with the DLC because it was vendor specific in some cases.

Edit: And yea, wait for a GotY deal, they happen all the time and all of the DLC except Moxxi is great.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll wait for a sale then.

Yeah, not impressed with these $10 off 'deals'. Darkness was half off a little bit ago and seems like everyone practically has Skyrim for $39.99 these days.

[quote name='Motoki']Yeah, not impressed with these $10 off 'deals'. Darkness was half off a little bit ago and seems like everyone practically has Skyrim for $39.99 these days.[/QUOTE]

I think gmg needs to make up for the raping that happened on Saturday. I kinda feel bad for them.

[quote name='Drabelincoln']I think gmg needs to make up for the raping that happened on Saturday. I kinda feel bad for them.[/QUOTE]
What happened on Saturday?

[quote name='rybrad']What happened on Saturday?[/QUOTE]

It updated its "refer a friend" promotion with new friend invited automatically received $11.08 credits and the credits are able to spend on all goods immediately. last Saturday

So a bunch of farmers came in for buying the steam keys under $10 e.g. Magicka, Sanctum and all the DLCs. But GMG freezes those accounts who gave a refer link(and GMG says sending your refer link to the social network and make it viral), can't believe what they're doing.

Are they playing stupid, or maybe just too naive, people will definitely abuse the $11.08 credits that is taken from granted with hundred of new account created automatically with scripts.

Now they changed all the refer scheme and all the Terms and Conditions to favor themselves, what they did is just sh*tting themselves and blaming thier customers -- "it's all your fault". Now

[quote name='chakane048']It updated its "refer a friend" promotion with new friend invited automatically received $11.08 credits and the credits are able to spend on all goods immediately. last Saturday

So a bunch of farmers came in for buying the steam keys under $10 e.g. Magicka, Sanctum and all the DLCs. But GMG freezes those accounts who gave a refer link(and GMG says sending your refer link to the social network and make it viral), can't believe what they're doing.

Are they playing stupid, or maybe just too naive, people will definitely abuse the $11.08 credits that is taken from granted with hundred of new account created automatically with scripts.

Now they changed all the refer scheme and all the Terms and Conditions to favor themselves, what they did is just sh*tting themselves and blaming thier customers -- "it's all your fault". Now[/QUOTE]

Shame on GMG for trying to put a stop to people exploiting their promotion.

[quote name='Daykain']When did GMG start being able to sell EA games to NA?[/QUOTE]
Last weekend is when ME3 went up and they announced shortly after.

[quote name='chakane048']It updated its "refer a friend" promotion with new friend invited automatically received $11.08 credits and the credits are able to spend on all goods immediately. last Saturday

Now they changed all the refer scheme and all the Terms and Conditions to favor themselves, what they did is just sh*tting themselves and blaming thier customers -- "it's all your fault". Now[/QUOTE]
Not too surprised by that piece of news. They have had issues with the refer-a-friend program being exploited for a long time. Probably should have just stuck with the $2 and ran better deals.

[quote name='rybrad']Last weekend is when ME3 went up and they announced shortly after.

Not too surprised by that piece of news. They have had issues with the refer-a-friend program being exploited for a long time. Probably should have just stuck with the $2 and ran better deals.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to a guy from s.gifts that was exploiting it. He had tons of sonic cd keys. Sonic 4 keys. All the saints row dlc. I believe he was a scripting it. Hell he gave me a few keys that I was worried about using but I figured why not. You can see how badly it was exploited by looking at all the dlc on steam gifts alone

[quote name='rybrad']Today's deal is $10 off select $60 games. Do NOT buy the Darkness as it sells for $50 everywhere and they jacked up the price for this deal. Do not support exploitative practices.

Current promo is $10 off select games ($60 titles) using voucher code GREEN-DISCO-UNT10 while supplies last, NA only.

Battlefield 3 $59.90
Call of Duty: Black Ops $59.99
Kingdoms of Amalur - Reckoning $59.90
Mass Effect 3 $59.99
Syndicate $59.90
The Darkness II $59.99
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim $59.99[/QUOTE]

For anyone interested in Amalur the base price on Steam in the UK is 29.99 pounds, which is around 47.60. If you can find someone in the UK to buy the game for you (plenty of friendly UK CAGs around) then you can get it on Steam for less than it's on sale for here.

I have had an unverified Payapl account for over 4 years now and have used it to pay a bunch of games, apps, software and clothes.

Yet, Green Man Gaming refuses to accept my money.

[quote name='NathanGraves']I have had an unverified Payapl account for over 4 years now and have used it to pay a bunch of games, apps, software and clothes.

Yet, Green Man Gaming refuses to accept my money.[/QUOTE]

Maybe verify it? Or use a credit card? I don't know....just sayin.

And what is up with Mafia 2? It was available for like an hour yesterday.....now it says its region restricted.....I'm pretty sure that there isn't a region that works either...people from another forum have been trying and are from various regions.

If you're out of keys, just say you're out of keys....

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Maybe verify it? Or use a credit card? I don't know....just sayin.[/QUOTE]

Already tried to verify it using my debit card, but Paypal told me to go to hell and get a real card. And as for the credit card, well, I wouldn't have the issue if I had a credit card.
But anyways, thanks for the tip though. I am just surprised that GMG is so strict about it. It's the first site I've been where you have to use a verified Paypal account.

[quote name='fishphoenix']You sure the digital deluxe includes the day 1 dlc? I didn't see it mentioned on the GMG page.[/QUOTE]

It does @ Amazon so I'd imagine its the same.

[quote name='NathanGraves']Already tried to verify it using my debit card, but Paypal told me to go to hell and get a real card. And as for the credit card, well, I wouldn't have the issue if I had a credit card.
But anyways, thanks for the tip though. I am just surprised that GMG is so strict about it. It's the first site I've been where you have to use a verified Paypal account.[/QUOTE]

Probably a fraud thing....they are just covering their asses with allowing international orders I'd imagine.

Isn't the Day 1 DLC $10 normally? Why get the Digital Deluxe version instead of the regular ME3? (I'm assuming the DLC is for sale and not exclusive to the Deluxe).

[quote name='BinaryTB']Isn't the Day 1 DLC $10 normally? Why get the Digital Deluxe version instead of the regular ME3? (I'm assuming the DLC is for sale and not exclusive to the Deluxe).[/QUOTE]

The digital deluxe has a few other in game items, the soundtrack, and digital art book as well.

[quote name='fishphoenix']You sure the digital deluxe includes the day 1 dlc? I didn't see it mentioned on the GMG page.[/QUOTE]
I am positive.
[quote name='EA Help']If you purchased the PC Digital Deluxe version of Mass Effect 3, Origin will detect this and automatically download the content. No additional action is required to download or retrieve From Ashes.[/quote]
Full link but spoilers if you don't know what the DLC includes: http://help.ea.com/article/mass-effect-3-from-ashes-dlc-info

Hmm, evidently the Green Man Gaming site greatly dislikes '+' signs in email address. It throws a 500 error on the account signup page. Works fine otherwise, but I guess no paypal for me.

I bought Mass Effect 3. Now how do I get the code to redeem on Origin? There is no activation code in the email I received and nothing under my account on the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wouldn't use GMG any more, if I were you. Greenmangaming have been receiving a large number of attacks on their security, and actually suffered a significant amount of fraud.

When they think they know where it's coming from, they block the entire region. No more account access, and all customers in that region lose any store credit and all other web facilities. GMG is UK-based, and so blocking the US in future is entirely possible.

This wouldn't be a problem in itself, except that GMG have been lying to customers who contact them about why areas are blocked, claiming it is due to plans for region-specific expansion, and that service will be restored soon. Another source at GMG tells me that the block is permanent, and a result of the security and fraud issues mentioned above. It seems that they are trying to keep this quiet, and avoid the bad publicity that comes with shoddy security.

I expect most people here have an account with GMG. If you do, I recommend deleting any payment details stored on their systems immediately, and changing your password (and making sure that the new one is unique, of course). If you have any significant store credit, you might want to spend it quickly. Go into your account and copy all keys into a local file. And perhaps don't buy any games from GMG that aren't just Steam keys (although even then, you might just be screwed anyway if you have a problem down the line because of the key, and you lose your Steam game/account).

I'm not trying to panic-monger - frequently changing your password, using unique passwords and not storing payment details would be perfectly sound advice for any online store at any time. ;) As well as not counting on them still being there for you tomorrow.

[quote name='deekayex']I bought Mass Effect 3. Now how do I get the code to redeem on Origin? There is no activation code in the email I received and nothing under my account on the site.[/QUOTE]

I got the code both in the email they sent me and on my final purchase confirmation page. (I did get 2 emails, one account confirmation and one for the order itself).

[quote name='PenguinJim']
When they think they know where it's coming from, they block the entire region. No more account access, and all customers in that region lose any store credit and all other web facilities. GMG is UK-based, and so blocking the US in future is entirely possible.

This wouldn't be a problem in itself, except that GMG have been lying to customers who contact them about why areas are blocked, claiming it is due to plans for region-specific expansion, and that service will be restored soon. Another source at GMG tells me that the block is permanent, and a result of the security and fraud issues mentioned above. It seems that they are trying to keep this quiet, and avoid the bad publicity that comes with shoddy security.

I expect most people here have an account with GMG. If you do, I recommend deleting any payment details stored on their systems immediately, and changing your password (and making sure that the new one is unique, of course). If you have any significant store credit, you might want to spend it quickly. Go into your account and copy all keys into a local file. And perhaps don't buy any games from GMG that aren't just Steam keys (although even then, you might just be screwed anyway if you have a problem down the line because of the key, and you lose your Steam game/account).
[/QUOTE]

Hey PenguinJim,

The two topics aren't unrelated. We currently have Taiwan blocked to stop the fraud that came from that region. As we look further at regional expansion we need to integrate a bespoke payment system to combat the inherent fraud problem in that region. Naturally this is a tricky affair and will take time to carry out correctly.

To help ease any concerns, we won't be blocking the US, and users' accounts are not compromised in any fashion (of course you're always able to change your password if you'd like :) ).

I hope this has helped :)

@Vendetta, If you haven't received your key you can submit a ticket to our CS team, they will help you swiftly :) (Make sure you're logged into the main site beforehand)

-James

bread's done
Back