Green Man Gaming (Steam) Deals: 25% Off Hitman

Still no key for me either....but I am patient unlike 95% of the people who are spazzing out on their forums.....hopefully sometime today I will get my key.....its not the end of the world to me....

[quote name='chilli628']Still no key for me either....but I am patient unlike 95% of the people who are spazzing out on their forums.....hopefully sometime today I will get my key.....its not the end of the world to me....[/QUOTE]

Yea my bud and I are playing Saint's Row 3 waiting for this hope these keys start coming soon however I'd like to get my download going before sleep

No Sleeping Dogs key still but I am enjoying Darksiders II. Only problem for me is the limited graphical options but I hear M/KB users are having some issues. No sign of the promised config file for tweaking graphics. Was that just hype from the one article or did Vigil actually say that themselves?

I just asked them to cancel my preorder. The delay isnt that big of a deal to me. Normally, I would wait it out even though GMG seems to do this for every game but the LE content combined with the delay is pretty frustrating.

It doesn't help tht I'm annoyed because my preorder for darksiders ii from thq got messed up as well. I didn't get the LE upgrade or season pass even though support told me I would. I even preordered it November of last year.

[quote name='pROvIs']I just asked them to cancel my preorder. The delay isnt that big of a deal to me. Normally, I would wait it out even though GMG seems to do this for every game but the LE content combined with the delay is pretty frustrating.

It doesn't help tht I'm annoyed because my preorder for darksiders ii from thq got messed up as well. I didn't get the LE upgrade or season pass even though support told me I would. I even preordered it November of last year.[/QUOTE]
After reading this I'm sure that my first preorder, Torchlight 2, is also my last preorder.

[quote name='Killbomb']No Sleeping Dogs key still but I am enjoying Darksiders II. Only problem for me is the limited graphical options but I hear M/KB users are having some issues. No sign of the promised config file for tweaking graphics. Was that just hype from the one article or did Vigil actually say that themselves?[/QUOTE]
i hear you, one more thing is really bothering me is how choppy the game looks with vsync on, considering the ingame vsync does not work, when you force the vsync on your video card settings and the game is running at 60 frames it looks like its running at 15 frames, super choppy, i also couldn't find that config file they mentioned, im regretting this purchase

[quote name='poxi']After reading this I'm sure that my first preorder, Torchlight 2, is also my last preorder.[/QUOTE]

If you don't need your stuff at launch they are a great site.

Just to clarify the darksiders ii issue is at Thq store not GMG. It just contributes to my overall tolerance level.

[quote name='poxi']After reading this I'm sure that my first preorder, Torchlight 2, is also my last preorder.[/QUOTE]

Don't see Torchlight 2 listed on the GMG site. Did they have at one point then pull it off?

[quote name='dEvAnGeL']i hear you, one more thing is really bothering me is how choppy the game looks with vsync on, considering the ingame vsync does not work, when you force the vsync on your video card settings and the game is running at 60 frames it looks like its running at 15 frames, super choppy, i also couldn't find that config file they mentioned, im regretting this purchase[/QUOTE]

I had to force Vsync through D3DOverridder since my Catalyst Control Center will not load up for some reason. Once I did that the game runs smoothly at 60 FPS and my video card fan is not going like crazy. One other issue, Death looks AWFUL in the menu...looks like a PS1 version of him. WTF happened there I wonder?

Anyway, the worst part of all this is that GMG has said nothing about SD keys recently. It's 1 PM over there so I'm sure they're aware of the uproar and should be putting something out there to try to placate people.

[quote name='Killbomb']Don't see Torchlight 2 listed on the GMG site. Did they have at one point then pull it off?[/QUOTE]
No, they've never carried it. I bought it from one CAG who did 4-pack purchase on steam. I was writing in general, because the issue with main THQ store was also described here. It's unbelievable that dev/publisher can punish you for preoredering its game sooner than later. That why I doubt I will preorder any game in future.

[quote name='poxi']No, they've never carried it. I bought it from one CAG who did 4-pack purchase on steam. I was writing in general, because the issue with main THQ store was also described here. It's unbelievable that dev/publisher can punish you for preoredering its game sooner than later. That why I doubt I will preorder any game in future.[/QUOTE]

It's more of a store to store issue. Amazon for instance wouldn't have that problem. However, they have no qualms marking it to half off 2 weeks after launch *cough* Spec Ops *cough*

[quote name='pROvIs']I just asked them to cancel my preorder. The delay isnt that big of a deal to me. Normally, I would wait it out even though GMG seems to do this for every game but the LE content combined with the delay is pretty frustrating.

It doesn't help tht I'm annoyed because my preorder for darksiders ii from thq got messed up as well. I didn't get the LE upgrade or season pass even though support told me I would. I even preordered it November of last year.[/QUOTE]
I am having the same issue with THQ, I sent them a support ticket and they sure as hell better fix it.

[quote name='poxi']No, they've never carried it. I bought it from one CAG who did 4-pack purchase on steam. I was writing in general, because the issue with main THQ store was also described here. It's unbelievable that dev/publisher can punish you for preoredering its game sooner than later. That why I doubt I will preorder any game in future.[/QUOTE]

Um, those T2 4 packs came from Steam and while there are sometimes launch issues there too, there tend to be less of them than at some of the 3rd party stores like GMG and at very least I'm fairly certain that Steam themselves would not release the wrong region's version of a game to customers.

Saying you don't want to do any pre-order ever even directly from Steam just because of one screw up at GMG is a bit of an extreme reaction imho.

OTOH, from a CAG point of view it's cheaper to not pre-order and wait for a sale down the line anyway if you are patient.

[quote name='Motoki']
Saying you don't want to do any pre-order ever even directly from Steam just because of one screw up at GMG[/QUOTE]
and another one from THQ store, while we have also seen deep discounts relatively short after the release of game (spec ops, max payne 3). In addition the game can be released as not finished turdware (diablo 3). Even putting aside my backlog, that's enough for me to pass on further preordering.

I was hoping to get this started before work so I'd have something to play after a long day... still nothing. I'd ask them to cancel and order somewhere else but I only paid $30. Still frustrating though.

[quote name='rybrad']Today's deal is Velvet Assassin $1.99.
[/QUOTE]
Judging from the last screen shot, I get to experience a gripping perspective of WWII era espionage through the eyes of a woman in blood-soaked lingerie. I think I saw that once on the History Channel :lol:

For $1.59 (post voucher), I might get it just to roll the dice that I might enjoy it.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Judging from the last screen shot, I get to experience a gripping perspective of WWII era espionage through the eyes of a woman in blood-soaked lingerie. I think I saw that once on the History Channel :lol:

For $1.59 (post voucher), I might get it just to roll the dice that I might enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I hear from reviews it is actually a really hard stealth game and stingy on checkpoints so some people hated having to repeat the same section many times to get it just perfect and know exactly where all the guards were and which path to take so they are not spotted.

Plus didn't you know lingerie stops bullets I learned that from Fantasy games. :cool:

[quote name='Syntax Error']Judging from the last screen shot, I get to experience a gripping perspective of WWII era espionage through the eyes of a woman in blood-soaked lingerie. I think I saw that once on the History Channel :lol:

For $1.59 (post voucher), I might get it just to roll the dice that I might enjoy it.[/QUOTE]

I got Velvet Assassin and played a couple of missions before being overwhelmed by my backlog (really, I have to stop purchasing games, I don't have the same time I had when I was a teenager). It's not on par with the best of the genre, but as far as it goes it's an enjoyable stealth game, though the enemies' AI is not very good. If you're a fan of the genre, it's a good price for it.

9:20 am and still no Sleeping Dogs key. I was hoping to have it download while I was at work but looks like I won't be playing until the 15th at least. Part annoyed, part sad.

[quote name='mkaliaz']RE: Darksiders 2: I understand Arguls Tomb is not released yet, but is it showing up under your DLC tab in Steam?[/QUOTE]

For me no. All I have is crucible pass which I think is the online pass equivalent of the game.

Most of the preorder terminology made it sound like a separate code should be included for the dlc. I'm not sure if that is the case. Also, for GMG YMMV as mine is from THQ Store.

BTW Still no response from Support for my Sleeping Dogs cancellation or CD-Key.

[quote name='pROvIs']For me no. All I have is crucible pass which I think is the online pass equivalent of the game.

Most of the preorder terminology made it sound like a separate code should be included for the dlc. I'm not sure if that is the case. Also, for GMG YMMV as mine is from THQ Store.

BTW Still no response from Support for my Sleeping Dogs cancellation or CD-Key.[/QUOTE]

Well good news and bad. They just emailed me my activation code. Bad news is I really wanted them to cancel this. I hope they still honor the cancellation since I had it in well before they issued the keys. Congrats to the rest of you.

[quote name='chilli628']Got my key....at 12:30pm on release date....works for me....patience is key....people need to learn to have some.[/QUOTE]
it's not that I am not patient but when I'm told that my key will be available I think that it should be at that time not 14 hours later I bet that's how alot of us feel

Bah, got a response from GMG along the lines of,

Sorry for the delay please enjoy your key, even though I specifically asked for a cancellation and said I bought elsewhere.

Got my key and fortunately my wife's home to download it while I'm at work. The wait was a bit ridiculous but I guess its still worth getting it cheaper.

[quote name='JustinTheGamer']Just got my key about 14 hours after what email said last night... Kinda lost my excitement for the game :([/QUOTE]

Has our society reached such levels of need for instant gratification + short attention span that if we don't get a game exactly at midnight when it releases then we lose all interest in it?

Do I need to get all grumpy old man and talk about how in my day we had to drag our butts out to a store and hope they had it or wait for the delivery man to bring the box to us? :oldman:

[quote name='Motoki']Has our society reached such levels of need for instant gratification + short attention span that if we don't get a game exactly at midnight when it releases then we lose all interest in it?

Do I need to get all grumpy old man and talk about how in my day we had to drag our butts out to a store and hope they had it or wait for the delivery man to bring the box to us? :oldman:[/QUOTE]

I'm fine waiting for games even a few days for the right deal. I just don't like the switcheroo on the limited vs standard edition combined with the delay combined with also dealing with issues with thq.

Sure, it's probably my fault for not looking closer at the time of order but as far as I knew there was only one version, the pre-order version. I thought all preorders were upgraded to limited. Especially when all other vendors were selling limited and even GMG was selling limited in all regions but NA. They were selling it in NA but must have swapped it a day or so before I ordered.

Its more of a disappointment than anything else. I doubt the content is even that significant. However, every time I see it it will bother me.

edit: on a side note THQ Store has remedied their problem on Darksiders II. amicably and sent me both missing codes without any hassle. I'm not sure if it was prompted by my ticket or if it was automated. Not a bad deal at all $25 for DS2, argul's tomb, and season pass.

[quote name='Motoki']Has our society reached such levels of need for instant gratification + short attention span that if we don't get a game exactly at midnight when it releases then we lose all interest in it?

Do I need to get all grumpy old man and talk about how in my day we had to drag our butts out to a store and hope they had it or wait for the delivery man to bring the box to us? :oldman:[/QUOTE]

I loved those times and I should have just went to wallymart and picked it up last night instead
however I preordered it through this site. I am not saying that I'm not excited just not as excited as i get for playing it the first night its out I don't really know how to explain it.

I learned my lesson though I'm just gonna pre-order through a different website instead of saving afew extra bucks.

[quote name='rybrad']Today's deal is Velvet Assassin $1.99.
[/QUOTE]
Give me something not already in my steam backlog.

[quote name='Motoki']OTOH, from a CAG point of view it's cheaper to not pre-order and wait for a sale down the line anyway if you are patient.[/QUOTE]
Word! It's not only just the sale, it's the reviews & user reviews are in (flash-in-the-pan vs substance), and, these days, critically the patches. This recently saved me $60 a and even more in disappointment in Diablo 3 (though I had low confidence, seeing what they were doing -- online-mmoish, RMAH -- and the trend that WoW has been on).

[quote name='Sophita']Plus didn't you know lingerie stops bullets I learned that from Fantasy games. :cool:[/QUOTE]
This is a bit of a misnomer it's not that it stops bullets per se, enemies get confused/overexcited and can't decide which gun to shoot. Aim suffers either way.

[quote name='pROvIs']Bah, got a response from GMG along the lines of,

Sorry for the delay please enjoy your key, even though I specifically asked for a cancellation and said I bought elsewhere.[/QUOTE]

same, you'd think being British they would have understood my email saying cancel my order :bomb:

Its really sad isn't it? God forbid that people had to wait a little bit to get the game....You know how it is.....you can do everything right, but the one time something goes wrong, people want your head....

[quote name='chilli628']Its really sad isn't it? God forbid that people had to wait a little bit to get the game....You know how it is.....you can do everything right, but the one time something goes wrong, people want your head....[/QUOTE]

Chilli one of the biggest issues is that this isn't the one time it goes wrong. It seems to be an issue for every preorder at GMG.

[quote name='pROvIs']I'm fine waiting for games even a few days for the right deal. I just don't like the switcheroo on the limited vs standard edition combined with the delay combined with also dealing with issues with thq.
[/QUOTE]

It's not completely GMG's fault for the whole switch of limited vs digital editions though. It was Square's decision, and they didn't let GMG know what the preorder bonuses were for different regions right away, so when GMG eventually found out at the beginning of June, they had to make the limited unavailable to NA.

That said, GMG had two months to sort this out with people and inform those that ordered the limited edition in NA of the switch, and they didn't.

[quote name='pROvIs']Chilli one of the biggest issues is that this isn't the one time it goes wrong. It seems to be an issue for every preorder at GMG.[/QUOTE]

I pre-ordered dead island from them and didn't have a problem.....

My point is this.....They are not Steam...or Amazon.....They give you good deals on games.....you DO get your key on release day...you might not get it at midnight, but you will get it......

Just because you don't get it right at midnight sometimes, doesn't warrant the backlash that has happened to them.....I will continue to support them regardless.....I have patience....and if a few hours is between $10-$20 off retail of a game, then that's small sacrifice...

people need to learn patience, or go and pay the premium just so you can say you had it first...

That's my point....

I get what you are saying and if it was still the limited edition I wouldnt be complaining. In fact I had no intention to play the game at midnight or possibly even this week. For me it is all about the extra content.

I preordered Dead Island from them and did have the issue on three seperate orders, so I guess that's YMMV.

[quote name='buckythekat']same, you'd think being British they would have understood my email saying cancel my order :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Write back saying "You guys speak American, right?" That should help ;):lol:

For the wait saving 35-40% off of the game is a fair trade. Plus Steam used to unlock games and even had issues unlocking games till well into noon CST I remember.

[quote name='asheskitty']
This is a bit of a misnomer it's not that it stops bullets per se, enemies get confused/overexcited and can't decide which gun to shoot. Aim suffers either way.[/QUOTE]

Hm..:whistle2:k if I am ever a evil mastermind I shall recruit only female henchmen that way I'll only have to worry about Han Solo types distracting my henchmen.

[quote name='chilli628']Got my key....at 12:30pm on release date....works for me....patience is key....people need to learn to have some.[/QUOTE]

Part of the deal´s value, imho, is the promise of getting the pre-order immediately upon release.

If GMG purchases are supposed to require "patience" then they should advertise this upfront so people can compare the price offered versus competitors that do not require patience on the part of their customers.

[quote name='Syntax Error']Write back saying "You guys speak American, right?" That should help ;):lol:[/QUOTE]

I believe the word "chargeback" does not require a translation to British. ;)

bread's done
Back