kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
More fairly OT Stardock stuff. . . .

re: Elemental/Fallen Enchantress/Legendary Heroes/whatever they are calling a slighty modified iteration being sold as a new game this week

Moobs and Warreni speak the truth. The whole handling of that games (and sorry Stardock but it really is one game) has been less than ideal to say the least. As for Brad Wardell, well googling him brings up some interesting info about his (alleged) personal conduct at Stardock...
Yeah, I thought about mentioning this but didn't. I do my best to separate people's personal lives from their products or I'd probably never buy anything anywhere, but the allegations about Wardell's behavior with a female subordinate combined with his hard right-wing political views leave a bad taste in my mouth.

First impressions of Mini Motor Racing Evo:

The graphics are pretty, much easier on the eyes than Little Racers Street. However, Little Racers Street has much better gameplay. Mini Motor Racing Evo has way too much focus on cutting people off on turns. Whoever is able to cut everyone off during the first 3 turns has a 99% advantage over everyone else for the entire race.. so there isn't much difficulty or racing involved. I've only finished like 4-5 cups so maybe my opinion will change, but so far.. better off playing Little Racers Street, since you're actually racing in that game.

I do however like the upgrades system, each car shows its potential max stats, so you can plan which car you want to upgrade ahead of time, figuring out which car has higher stats overall once maxed rather than just seeing the base stats. Some of the cars look pretty cool too, so it's definitely not bad when it comes to car designs and upgrades.

I will likely wait for bonuses to see if I buy even though Eador is a strong want....can anyone confirm you get the original as well? Still a decent mix of games...though some of the 1 dollar tier just don't look that good.

I will likely wait for bonuses to see if I buy even though Eador is a strong want....can anyone confirm you get the original as well? Still a decent mix of games...though some of the 1 dollar tier just don't look that good.
It says right on the Groupees page "Eador: Masters of the Broken World + Genesis" so yes you do get both.

I might add some people on the community forum who pre-ordered due to the 'Genesis only available if you pre-order then gone away from Steam forever' offer and ended up paying more and getting in early with a buggy unfinished game are kind of pissed about it being in this bundle. And I can see their point.

First impressions of Mini Motor Racing Evo:

The graphics are pretty, much easier on the eyes than Little Racers Street. However, Little Racers Street has much better gameplay. Mini Motor Racing Evo has way too much focus on cutting people off on turns. Whoever is able to cut everyone off during the first 3 turns has a 99% advantage over everyone else for the entire race.. so there isn't much difficulty or racing involved. I've only finished like 4-5 cups so maybe my opinion will change, but so far.. better off playing Little Racers Street, since you're actually racing in that game.

I do however like the upgrades system, each car shows its potential max stats, so you can plan which car you want to upgrade ahead of time, figuring out which car has higher stats overall once maxed rather than just seeing the base stats. Some of the cars look pretty cool too, so it's definitely not bad when it comes to car designs and upgrades.

I remember playing the classic top-down (titties out) racers like RC Pro Am. The bends were/are important and I think the team was going for that. Or maybe not. My memories of being that young are unreliable.

I've got about 100 hours into Eador Broken World.  I've owned it for about a month, so I didn't experience the extremely buggy nature of the original release.  The only real bugs I've ran into so far are 1) sometimes if I try loading a previous save during a battle the game will hang and kick out an error code.  This isn't THAT frequent though, maybe once every 10 hours or so.  2) Sometimes for events it lists the wrong character name, as long as you are paying attention you can figure it out.  Not a huge deal but you don't want to accidentally attack a powerful enemy with your wimpy hero because the message said it was your strong hero.  That's about.  All in all my experience has been relatively bug free, ohh I had forgotten but I had to change some setting on my graphics card to get it to run at all.  But once that was done I didn't have any issues in that department.  All in all I've found it fairly stable, and certainly not the buggy mess it was, apparently, at launch. 

I enjoy the game, it does get a bit repetative at times, and it's a different approach to fantasy TBS games (in that your heroes don't carry over from shard to shard).  I was slightly annoyed to see it in the bundle (yes I'm one of those) not because it is cheaper, I obviously got it on sale last month for a bit higher (although I didn't expect it to show up in a bundle anytime soon) but because it came bundled with the original.  Which everyone whom bought previously didn't get.  Would be a nice gesture for SNOWBIRD to include a copy of the original for everyone whom already has it on steam....given how much of a mess the original release was. 

I bought this bundle.  Just played Ittle Dew so far, its a fun cute little game.  I don't see how it's worth 12.99 or whatever they are asking for.

I've got about 100 hours into Eador Broken World.
I've owned it for about a month, so I didn't experience the extremely buggy nature of the original release. The only real bugs I've ran into so far are 1) sometimes if I try loading a previous save during a battle the game will hang and kick out an error code. This isn't THAT frequent though, maybe once every 10 hours or so. 2) Sometimes for events it lists the wrong character name, as long as you are paying attention you can figure it out. Not a huge deal but you don't want to accidentally attack a powerful enemy with your wimpy hero because the message said it was your strong hero. That's about. All in all my experience has been relatively bug free, ohh I had forgotten but I had to change some setting on my graphics card to get it to run at all. But once that was done I didn't have any issues in that department.
All in all I've found it fairly stable, and certainly not the buggy mess it was, apparently, at launch.
I enjoy the game, it does get a bit repetative at times, and it's a different approach to fantasy TBS games (in that your heroes don't carry over from shard to shard). I was slightly annoyed to see it in the bundle (yes I'm one of those) not because it is cheaper, I obviously got it on sale last month for a bit higher (although I didn't expect it to show up in a bundle anytime soon) but because it came bundled with the original. Which everyone whom bought previously didn't get. Would be a nice gesture for SNOWBIRD to include a copy of the original for everyone whom already has it on steam....given how much of a mess the original release was.
Thanks for the review. Do you by any chance remember what the setting you changed on your video card to get it to work was? Just curious

[quote name="Cheaplikeafox 3.0" post="11002710" timestamp="1377119267"]
Hmmm, I passed on the Meridian and I might even pass on this one. Don't see much I'd actually play in it and I'm trying to stop the hoard. Somewhat.[/quote]
You know you'll end up buying it. You are just delaying the inevitable, that's the truth... Or you can't handle the truth? :D

I bought this bundle. Just played Ittle Dew so far, its a fun cute little game. I don't see how it's worth 12.99 or whatever they are asking for.
$12.99 isn't a very high MSRP. The amount of work that goes into these games, indie or not, is way more time life consuming and in depth than you'd think.

$12.99 MRSP means that the game is going to be fairly dirt cheap on sale. For the people who want the game quick and to support the dev so they continue updating the game, make new, better games, etc, that MSRP really isn't that monumental. For those who can wait, the game is cheap (for example, us, right now).

Now if it was $25 or so (like some indie games)... Then I'd echo your sentiment.

$12.99 isn't a very high MSRP. The amount of work that goes into these games, indie or not, is way more time life consuming and in depth than you'd think.

$12.99 MRSP means that the game is going to be fairly dirt cheap on sale. For the people who want the game quick and to support the dev so they continue updating the game, make new, better games, etc, that MSRP really isn't that monumental. For those who can wait, the game is cheap (for example, us, right now).

Now if it was $25 or so (like some indie games)... Then I'd echo your sentiment.

I understand that, I know they need to get paid and all of that but when the average time to beat is 2 hours I think there is a problem. On a different that racing game, Mini Motor Raving EVO has like 40 tracks, TF2 and Portal Tracks and Steam Support. It's also a pretty fun game.

I understand that, I know they need to get paid and all of that but when the average time to beat is 2 hours I think there is a problem. On a different that racing game, Mini Motor Raving EVO has like 40 tracks, TF2 and Portal Tracks and Steam Support. It's also a pretty fun game.
That is a bit short, but I don't see the difference when most "AAA" new gen FPS games take 4-6 hours to beat and are $60 MSRP. $12.99 is really not much to ask.

maybe it's just me, but with the size of my backlog the time to beat a game in relation to it's price has simply lost all meaning to me. All that matters is that I enjoy the game, and if so then I consider it time/money well spent. Games like Journey and The Unfinished Swan are both 3-4 hours tops and in a similar price range, but because I had a blast playing them it didn't bother me at all (note, being a CAG I didn't pay MSRP, but I wouldn't have minded had I done so because I want to support devs of games I like). I get people want to get their money's worth out of the games they buy, but as far as I'm concerned my time is worth a lot more than whatever I spend on a game, and my enjoyment is the only thing I truly care about. If I'm not having fun, it doesn't make a bit of difference if it's a 2 hour or 40 hour game, and if it is fun then regardless of the length I consider it worthwhile.

But this is all a rather odd way of thinking that I'm probably mostly alone in, and I can see where you are coming from :)

...as far as I'm concerned my time is worth a lot more than whatever I spend on a game, and my enjoyment is the only thing I truly care about. If I'm not having fun, it doesn't make a bit of difference if it's a 2 hour or 40 hour game, and if it is fun then regardless of the length I consider it worthwhile...
^This. I share this mindset as well. Said in another way, I'd rather enjoy myself for 2 hours (he, he), then slog through 20+ hours of mediocrity. And the brutal truth is that most of these games will be backlogged into oblivion anyway, so game length on it's own is even less a factor for me as well.

^This. I share this mindset as well. Said in another way, I'd rather enjoy myself for 2 hours (he, he), then slog through 20+ hours of mediocrity. And the brutal truth is that most of these games will be backlogged into oblivion anyway, so game length on it's own is even less a factor for me as well.
yep, pretty much what I meant, but said a lot better. Time spent trying to articulate an overly lengthy response is something I need to work on :headache:

[customspoiler= Oblivion ]
rmx-oblivion_o_969200.jpg
[/customspoiler], you say?

You guys play right into the stereotypes women have of us. We'd rather the 1 minute of fun than put in the work for the 50 years of marriage. The 50 years of marriage is the better thing guys. Think about that next time you want to play the "fun" game for only an hour or two, then don't and instead play the one you don't enjoy for 40 hours. It's more fulfilling and it is what grown ups do.

You guys play right into the stereotypes women have of us. We'd rather the 1 minute of fun than put in the work for the 50 years of marriage. The 50 years of marriage is the better thing guys. Think about that next time you want to play the "fun" game for only an hour or two, then don't and instead play the one you don't enjoy for 40 hours. It's more fulfilling and it is what grown ups do.
toysrus_answer_3_xlarge.jpeg

Thanks for the review. Do you by any chance remember what the setting you changed on your video card to get it to work was? Just curious
I have a vague memory of it being something like setting the Frame Rate Control to "Off, unless application specifies" instead of "wait for vertical refresh" or something. Apparently it was an issue with radeon cards or the radeon CCC (I have a 6850).

Has anyone ever had a problem accessing their account?  I bought the Sherlock bundle a few months ago, now it says I lack authorization to access my purchase page.   I made an account, but whenever I login nothing happens.  It still doesn't show me as logged in or anything.  I sent Groupees an email but have not received a response, not sure what else to do or if this is a common problem?  I don't want to buy another bundle and then not be able to access my games.

Has anyone ever had a problem accessing their account? I bought the Sherlock bundle a few months ago, now it says I lack authorization to access my purchase page. I made an account, but whenever I login nothing happens. It still doesn't show me as logged in or anything. I sent Groupees an email but have not received a response, not sure what else to do or if this is a common problem? I don't want to buy another bundle and then not be able to access my games.
Groupees kind of stuck in the 90s AOL era and they are more chat room oriented. They have support chats on their page and you generally tend to get a much quicker response that way from one of the slugs.

Having said that, Jonny does answer the support emails...eventually but sometimes it takes him quite a while to do so.

So I bought the latest Groupees for Depths of Peril, which has been on my wishlist since it got added to the steam store. I just now gave it a spin for about an hour. There seems to be a lot going on in this game. It is a diablo-style game where you go around and kill stuff, collect loot, and get quests from npcs. But, there is also a strategy game on top of this.

There are several factions that are all trying to play nice with each other. Each faction gains influence as they complete quests, kill monsters, and offer each other tribute.Eventually, factions will declare war on each other and raid their encampments to steal all their influence points. 

Every so often, you will get an alert showing that a faction is either demanding or offering resources to you. You can choose to ignore, decline, or accept. This will decide your relations with that particular faction. 

TLDR: Depths of Peril seems like a mix between Civilization & Diablo. I've only played an hour so far, but I'm definitely going to play more.

TLDR: Depths of Peril seems like a mix between Civilization & Diablo. I've only played an hour so far, but I'm definitely going to play more.
Thank you for sharing your impression on DoP. How is DoP when comparing to other ARPG/Diablo-ish games like Torchlight, Sacred 2 or Titan Quest?

Biology Battle is the next bonus for the Meridian 4 bundle. I wanted it to be a hentai simulation game about reproduction but sadly it's a SCHMUP.

Thank you for sharing your impression on DoP. How is DoP when comparing to other ARPG/Diablo-ish games like Torchlight, Sacred 2 or Titan Quest?
i havent played that far to be able to fully answer that, but it seems to me that the game is not meant to last very long. Within one hour of playing, one of the asshole factions (it was demanding resources from all the other factions and being a bully) got declared war on and was defeated. I'm guessing that war declarations will continue to happen now until everyone kills each other. Somewhere there, even you might be declared war on, and you'll have to defend your base.

If youve ever played Hinterland, DoP seems to be an arcadelike-ARPG in the same way that Hinterland is. The game will probably be over in 4 or 5 hours, but you'll want to replay it so that you can eventually be the victor of all the factions. There are also 4 different classes you can choose from, abilities to learn, stats to distribute, and various difficulty settings.

Ive rambled on a bit, but to answer your question. Diablo, torchlight, and the rest are different in that they have more robust skill trees, and full storylines divided into several acts. DoP doesnt have any acts, and there is only 1 map. The map isn't that big, but there are several dungeon entrances on the map. Don't expect to be grinding for uber gear at the end because the game will probably end within 5 hours. It plays like a long skirmish match.

Figured I'd post it since I didn't see anyone else do it, but the new bonus for the Be Mine 9 is The 39 Steps @ 10,000 bundles. Yet another game I was interested in popping up in this bundle :)

Figured I'd post it since I didn't see anyone else do it, but the new bonus for the Be Mine 9 is The 39 Steps @ 10,000 bundles. Yet another game I was interested in popping up in this bundle :)

Damn that looks like hot fire, and it's on Steam with achievements lol

ss_6f411bb83ef7151c5abf22ad9d18722efee2de88.600x338.jpg

ss_57a2bb14a4dd1b2f11466fe1a397d74f75ea553f.600x338.jpg

ss_401e46eeccbea8b5298e59f3e8645c0f99e3fe0f.600x338.jpg

ss_da709de97c27dc67526c03dc6cb90573993134d1.600x338.jpg

bread's done
Back