= Steam Trading Cards Available
kiGzp.png
= Playable On PC
e7cjl.gif
= Playable on MAC
uWi0M.gif
= Playable on Linux

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice! Just redeemed Kung Fu Strike. I'm really happy they decided to add KFS to the bundle despite being a relatively new game with good reviews. This will be the 14th game I've bought on Steam in the past week. So much for working through my backlog...

As per favorite bundle group, Groupees has blown past Humble to secure second place for me. HIB 4 will always be one of my favorite bundles, but Groupees provides some great (and horrible) games more frequently and for a lower price. I'm not a fan of IR since I prefer Steam over Desura, but only because I started using Steam first and dislike having multiple third-party clients on my computer. Indie Gala takes the top spot for me; not all of their games are good, but the price during group buys is unbeatable for the amount of games you get. The best part about Gala is how they surprise you with great games and crap at the same time; came out with four Worms games and some other games for 96 cents on IG9. And all of the keys are separate.

Somebody sell me on Stranger's Wrath. I'm having trouble working up the energy on this one as I have KB from Gamersgate and Tropico 3 on Steam.

This is a pretty good bundle. Been wanting to get Tropico and King's Bounty for a while.

[quote name='Blade']...I prefer Steam over Desura, but only because I started using Steam first and dislike having multiple third-party clients on my computer....[/QUOTE]

You don't even need the client for Desura, you can download your games right off the website.

[quote name='windwakr']You don't even need the client for Desura, you can download your games right off the website.[/QUOTE]This should be advertised more - I was very happy when I realized this. Especially since their client doesn't have Mac support, but they still plenty of games with Mac versions you can download directly.

[quote name='.Azaria']So if I buy this now and they unlock anything else I'd automatically get it too?[/QUOTE]
Yes

[quote name='Drabelincoln']Glad I passed on it when it was on sale....I'm never buying an indie game from Steam again.[/QUOTE]

This. So tru

[quote name='warreni']Somebody sell me on Stranger's Wrath. I'm having trouble working up the energy on this one as I have KB from Gamersgate and Tropico 3 on Steam.[/QUOTE]

it was my favorite game on the original xbox. the gameplay/characters is/are fantastic, especially the functionality/personality of the ammo you use. definitely worth playing through.

also, i apparently like to utilize "/" when im lazy/busy.

Updated the OP with links to most of the album's/soundtrack's bandcamp site, which contains samples of the whole album. Look Right Penny is a sampler, so I couldn't find which songs were included, so I just linked all their songs that are on amazon. I also couldn't find The Mean Jeans' Party Collection, because most likely it is also a sampler, so I linked their bandcamp site which contains all their albums, so you can get a feel for their style if you care.

I updated the post to relect todays update and added dreamscape at the $5 tier as well as added the $8 tier. It is currently awaiting approval.

[quote name='Cloulien']I updated the post to relect todays update and added dreamscape at the $5 tier as well as added the $8 tier. It is currently awaiting approval.[/QUOTE]

Have they ever put in a way to add money to an existing purchase or would I just have to buy again at $8 to get the new bonus games?

[quote name='warreni']Have they ever put in a way to add money to an existing purchase or would I just have to buy again at $8 to get the new bonus games?[/QUOTE]

They did that a while ago. Click on the "donate more" under the bundle in your download page. It'll also tell you how much more money you need to spend to get the new games.

[quote name='sunghost']They did that a while ago. Click on the "donate more" under the bundle in your download page. It'll also tell you how much more money you need to spend to get the new games.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for letting me know. Now I just have to figure out whether it's worth the $3.

Whats the fighting like on that Dreamscape game. From all the videos for it and pics it doesn't show anything but I can see weapons in the equipment and inventory. Is it old school Zelda type?

Went in for $5 and didn't even notice they added more games for $8. Ah well, I'm fine with what I got and probably won't be interested in the new games.

I've never gotten into a Groupees bundle before. Do you think they'll add yet more stuff (say for people who want to pay $10 or more) or is this usually it?

[quote name='Cloulien']I updated the post to relect todays update and added dreamscape at the $5 tier as well as added the $8 tier. It is currently awaiting approval.[/QUOTE]

Good job on the updates man. Like the links to the reviews & everything.
icon14.gif

[quote name='jazyje']My X-Blades or Kung Fu Steam keys are not working -- Steam says they are invalid... WTF?[/QUOTE]

Wait one hour and try again.

[quote name='jazyje']My X-Blades or Kung Fu Steam keys are not working -- Steam says they are invalid... WTF?[/QUOTE]

Had the same problem when I was putting in a bunch of steam codes from bundles the other day. They, for whatever reason, limits how many codes you can redeem at once.

Oh geez, I still haven't bought this bundle yet. Probably gonna go in for $5, but I see that they added a new $8 tier since I last checked. The $8 tier includes DRM-Free copies of Earth 2150 Trilogy (an RTS) & Septerra Core (an RPG). I'd never heard of these game before. It looks like they're both over a decade old.

Anybody wanna make a case for these games? If not, I'll probably just go ahead and buy at the $5 level.

[quote name='The End']Oh geez, I still haven't bought this bundle yet. Probably gonna go in for $5, but I see that they added a new $8 tier since I last checked. The $8 tier includes DRM-Free copies of Earth 2150 Trilogy (an RTS) & Septerra Core (an RPG). I'd never heard of these game before. It looks like they're both over a decade old.

Anybody wanna make a case for these games? If not, I'll probably just go ahead and buy at the $5 level.[/QUOTE]

I've heard good things about Septerra Core, but I believe it is on GOG so you can score it for around the same price ($3) on sale and have it on your GOG shelf. Have never met anyone who has played the Earth game.

If anybody noticed on the most recent email groupees sent out about this bundle, at the bottom this was posted:
Stay tuned for a series of SPOOKY Game + Music Bundles, just in time for Halloween. COMING SOON!

So I guess the next bundle after be mine 5 should be coming out pretty soon, also horror games?

[quote name='speedwerd']If anybody noticed on the most recent email groupees sent out about this bundle, at the bottom this was posted:

So I guess the next bundle after be mine 5 should be coming out pretty soon, also horror games?[/QUOTE]

Bout time Bad Rats made a bundle come back.

I got Septerra Core on GOG for $2.39. Earth has been the same I think.

That said, GOG sales are spotty, so it may be ages before you see those games on sale again. Not a bad deal for $3. Both games are supposed to be pretty good. Underrated gems and all.

[quote name='Idiotekque']
That said, GOG sales are spotty, so it may be ages before you see those games on sale again. [/QUOTE]

I disagree. GOG has a massive Christmas sale every year just like other big DD sites. If he's interested in just Septerra Core, it will undoubtedly be on sale for at least 50% off regular price at that time (and that's only a couple of months away).

Regarding the Earth trilogy, I have 2150 and 2160 as physical boxes but I've not gotten around to playing them. They look like pretty decent SF RTS games, so maybe worthwhile if you like RTS.

As many times as I've seen Septerra Core on sale, I still can't convince myself it's something I'd ever play (or play and not hate), so Groupees won't be getting my $3.

Alright. Thanks for the input, guys. I think I'm just gonna go with the $5 tier. The thing that cliched it for me though was a post over on the Groupees chat. Somebody there who had played it said that Septerra Core ended with a brutal calif-hanger ending. I can take a cliff-hanger ending in a game if there a promise that it will be resolved in a sequel. But it's been 13 years since Septerra Core was released. It's pretty obvious that the cliff-hanger will never get resolved.

Screw that.

Bumping this for those who don't check the Steam thread:

Halloween Bundle Launching soon:

$1 Min. will get you:

Manor of the Damned (Desura/DRM Free)
Cryostasis (Steam)

$4 or more will get you the above plus:
Anna (Steam)
Blindside (Desura/DRM Free)
Post Mortem (Steam)

Bonuses will include music, movie, and comic.

http://groupees.com/damned

Thanks Fox.

Other than Cryostasis, I've never heard of any of these. And Cryostasis will apparently be in the 1C pack from Amazon when that launches. So I think I'm gonna hold off for a while and see if they add anything else. Luckily, groupies bundles don't punish you for holding off on your purchase until the very end (unless you count the time that they gave early buyers an extra gift bundle).

[quote name='The End']Thanks Fox.

Other than Cryostasis, I've never heard of any of these. And Cryostasis will apparently be in the 1C pack from Amazon when that launches. So I think I'm gonna hold off for a while and see if they add anything else. Luckily, groupies bundles don't punish you for holding off on your purchase until the very end (unless you count the time that they gave early buyers an extra gift bundle).[/QUOTE]

I already have Cryostasis from Amazon (Non-steam) but am getting this mostly for Post Mortem.

It is the first game in the series (Still Life 1 and 2 are the sequels) and I have been meaning to get it.

But I do think it's been $2.50 on sale on Steam before. Anna has bad reviews but I'm willing to check it out. Never heard of blindside.

Totally in for 4$ Really want to play Anna despite the bad reviews(I would not pickup it up at original price).
Blindside seems like a interesting concept. Manor of the Damned looks fun.

Updated the OP
If you want more info on Blindside, here was their kickstarter video from a while back.
[youtube]_PIYrJex-uY[/youtube]

[quote name='BernardoOne']Totally in for 4$ Really want to play Anna despite the bad reviews(I would not pickup it up at original price).
Blindside seems like a interesting concept. Manor of the Damned looks fun.[/QUOTE]

Does Anna seem like a bad game you can enjoy because its so bad? I games like that.

[quote name='Umair56']Does Anna seem like a bad game you can enjoy because its so bad? I games like that.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I definitely games like that too. Looks like a game, one that's definitely the time. ;)

I'm most likely going to purchase it. I think I'll play at least one of the games on halloween.

After watching the video all I am really interested in is Post Mortem.

Blind Side gameplay video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=psoubO0rGd4

That game looks super annoying. I'll try it but it looks like something I would give 2 minutes of my time to and never touch again. Maybe it will be a lot better when you are actually behind the controls.

[quote name='Umair56']Does Anna seem like a bad game you can enjoy because its so bad? I games like that.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Severose']Yeah, I definitely games like that too. Looks like a game, one that's definitely the time. ;)[/QUOTE]
Damn, you kids and your nonsensible slang.

[quote name='Umair56']I have fucked up so many posts today. I triple checked this one.[/QUOTE]
When will you fucking learn? Always, QUADRUPLE check everything.

[quote name='sleepydumbdude']I'm most likely going to purchase it. I think I'll play at least one of the games on halloween.

After watching the video all I am really interested in is Post Mortem.

Blind Side gameplay video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=psoubO0rGd4

That game looks super annoying. I'll try it but it looks like something I would give 2 minutes of my time to and never touch again. Maybe it will be a lot better when you are actually behind the controls.[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, thanks for the video on Blindside. Definitely can see how it could get annoying, but I'm still intrigued. I hope this isn't going to be all guess work and instead employ some skill involving directional hearing, with a good pair of headphones that is.

Still haven't touched the Still Life collection, but don't have post-mortem yet, so I'm definitely in for this one.

I don't know if I'm going to buy this bundle. I am a HUGE CHICKEN and I fear (pun intended) that I'll never, ever finish any of them.

Now excuse me while I peck at the ground and keep my eggs warm. Bock Bock!

i just want it for post-mortem, but i know that will be on sale during steam's next sale anyways. anna is supposed to be baaaaaaaaaaad. skipping this

Here's a free Manor of the Damned Desura key for my CAG's: GRPS-0-0J9HQ-B4NIT-L2NN0

It'd be nice if you post after using but I can't force ya. I already had it from the Indie Gala Mobile.

bread's done
Back