Groupon: Purchase a $15 eBay Gift Certificate for $7

[quote name='HeSaveDave']You had to pay tax? Bummer. I just got 4000 for $32.[/QUOTE]

yeah. it's only $3, but it makes the $40 deal not that great normally, with the groupon it makes it worth it though.

[quote name='solohunter']hmm...i didn't have a groupon account, so i just filled out the page with my email address and i got the confirmation screen, but no email, and it didn't create an account...how do i know it went through?[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat right now. No confirmation.

I tried logging into the account that was created during check out and it says email doesn't exist. Although my card hasn't been charged yet either so :\

But they do say to wait 48 hours :whistle2:#

At least anything I still have the order number. I hope it's just their site being overloaded.

[quote name='AsherFischell']How do you apply the codes to your account and stack them? I really don't understand.[/QUOTE]

you don't apply ebay gift cards to your account, you enter them at checkout, and you can enter multiple.

[quote name='mang9432']you don't apply ebay gift cards to your account, you enter them at checkout, and you can enter multiple.[/QUOTE]

I don't even see a code anywhere. It says that the coupon is available but I don't see anything. Is it going to show up later?

Awesome. There are usually copies of Ghostland Observatory's "Robotique Majestique' for about $14 shipped. Half off sounds good to me, time to get it.
Thanks OP.

Does the ebay gift card expire? If so, when? I don't really want the points but I do buy things on eBay from time to time..

[quote name='AsherFischell']I don't even see a code anywhere. It says that the coupon is available but I don't see anything. Is it going to show up later?[/QUOTE]

if you click on the actual picture of the card the code should pop up.

I used the Touch link mentioned above to get the coupon immediately after I purchased it. I closed the page after purchasing and then reopened it with that link. The formatting of the page was really wonky but I finally managed to click the right link to show the gift code.

I also used it on the 4000 points deal. I live in a buy.com taxed state (even though they shouldn't be taxing these things at all) so I usually ignore their deals. However, combined with this deal it definitely made it a great deal. With deals so scarce these days I try to jump on getting .01 or lower points whenever they pop up.

[quote name='KoRuPT']Does the ebay gift card expire? If so, when? I don't really want the points but I do buy things on eBay from time to time..[/QUOTE]

The page for the gift code says "does not expire".

The site must be getting hammered, because I have yet to receive the email to activate my account, let alone a confirmation email.

anybody use their code before the "redeemable after" time? i put the code in during my ebay checkout but haven't submitted the purchase yet. i'm worried the order will get cancelled or something. can anyone confirm if it will or will not be cancelled?

[quote name='EYEL1NER']The site must be getting hammered, because I have yet to receive the email to activate my account, let alone a confirmation email.[/QUOTE]

I just got a reply from their support staff.

We're having a slight delay processing credit cards, creating new accounts and preparing Groupons today. It should be completed by the end of the day today, and you will get an e-mail confirmation that lets you know that you can log in and print your Groupons.

Sorry for any inconvenience and please let me know if I can help you further.

Regards,

Marty S.
So if you don't get the code or confirmation by tomorrow I'd give them a call or contact.

[quote name='Pajama_Man']I just got a reply from their support staff.

So if you don't get the code or confirmation by tomorrow I'd give them a call or contact.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. I figured I'd just wait till tomorrow and wait to see if I got charged for one before trying to get a hold of them anyway, but that's good to know.
I went in and tried to force it to send me another email to activate my account and still didn't get one, so I figured it was a problem on their end. But I am a bit worried if I'll get it or not. I signed up for an account, then bought a groupon before activating the account. I don't think I was signed into my account when I bought it either. But we'll see what happens tomorrow.

The LivingSocial Amazon deal went a bit smoother than this one is it seems.
Can't wait to get that cd though.

I've got 7 of these so far. Already spent most of them, got Shogun 2, Tangled Blu Ray, Black Swan Blu Ray, and some hockey cards. I might try to get some more later but my head hurts from getting those seven.

Bleh. i didn't read about the quick touch screen until after I processed 2 orders. I wanted to buy something tonight but oh well. eBay is great for old or out of print stuff that you can't find at reasonable prices anywhere else.

Bought two on the normal site, going to buy one one the touch site and see if it comes faster. I knew I had 3 cards for a reason? Oh wait, the reason is because I'm a moron. Anyway, this still works. :p

I just got mine... took a few hours but no biggie.

Again, great find OP. Deals for eBay are almost non-existent for me.

If anyone here is a member of Swagbucks, you can earn 160 Swagbucks by buying this offer through the Trialpay section of Swagbucks in special offers. That is over a third of what you need for a $5 Amazon gift card. If you are not a member, you can sign up for Swagbucks by going to swagbucks.com or clicking the link in my signature.

[quote name='fujimitsu']Order using the touch site, you get them instantly.

I got the maximum of 3 with my 3 credit cards using various accounts. Bought starcraft 2 for $22, can't complain.[/QUOTE]

It's not a secure connection (https) so its not worth it. Just buy your eBay stuff and pay tomorrow.

The eBay video game market is going to be crazy for the foreseeable future.

Got my codes, picked up a couple games for the DS I had been wanting. For some reason couldnt resist the urge to pay for the items with the codes and they both seem to have worked fine so far.

Few! I just got done, the touch site gives 3-10min wait times. They issue out the code so you can use it immediately. I would suggest getting in and getting out, lots of people are grinding it at SD as you can imagine..So I don't think will last 2 more days otherwise nothing left will be on ebay.

I bought one.. it doesnt show in my groupons list, and I dont have an email..
its only been 20 minutes, but makes me a bit nervous.

[quote name='Microshock']How do i apply it to my ebay credit? I got the ebay groupon..but what do i do.[/QUOTE]

Enter it when you're paying for the item on ebay, there will be a box to enter gift certificates, credit, etc.

[quote name='Sdawg']Enter it when you're paying for the item on ebay, there will be a box to enter gift certificates, credit, etc.[/QUOTE]

Risky...

Thought about trying to buy a few of these but then decided to get just one and go for the 160 points someone has and i ordered 9 and I should get the codes today or tomorrow!!! There are sales going on that I dont wanna miss waiting on shipping. would only be spending a few extra bucks

I'm clearly missing something. What is "the touch site". I read back but I'm either missing the "touch link" someone referenced or I'm just not understanding the terminology. Thanks in advance for clearing it up for me.

[quote name='bgame2']I'm clearly missing something. What is "the touch site". I read back but I'm either missing the "touch link" someone referenced or I'm just not understanding the terminology. Thanks in advance for clearing it up for me.[/QUOTE]
It's the site which displays for smartphones. The 11th post in this thread:
[quote name='Strongbad2143']Use this site to get them fast http://touch.groupon.com/deals/ebay/ . Got mine already and might get more lol.[/QUOTE]
Also quoted two further times on the first page. I know there are five whole pages of replies, but at least read the first one if you're going to "read back" at all...

[quote name='Gamer SDP']does ebay credit get applied to your ebay account or can you only enter it at checkout when purchasing an item?[/QUOTE]
It's a coupon code, you apply it during checkout.

[quote name='Pirate331']It's the site which displays for smartphones. The 11th post in this thread:

Also quoted two further times on the first page. I know there are five whole pages of replies, but at least read the first one if you're going to "read back" at all...

It's a coupon code, you apply it during checkout.[/QUOTE]

First pirate thank you for your help.

Having said that, don't question whether I read threads. I'm a regular contributor on this site. I'm must have scrolled too fast, but the only way I even found the references to the "touch link" and how it was "mentioned above" was by reading back from page 3.

If I may: for those not interested in MS points but looking to score something cheap with this deal, might I suggest the Repairtech Vidimax?

I just ordered one last month, it's a great screen cleaning kit for both tvs and computer monitors. It is essentially the same product featured on lenspen.com (a site that makes screen/camera lens cleaning products), but with a "Repairtech" branding. Highly recommended, and only a few extra dollars after the groupon. And I'm not affiliated with this site, btw ;)

Good luck.

I don't understand how it works; do I put the code in after buying an item?

Edit: Nevermind, it seems the question has been asnwered. I have yet to recieve any I bought on the normal site; I 'm assuming I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow. ah well .

Are certain Groupon deals ineligible to share with your friends to get the cost waived for yourself? This is the first time I didn't take me to the page with a referral link after ordering.

I have $10 Groupon credit but I can't seem to figure out how to apply it when "checking out". I see the box where to enter in the code (to redeem it) but I don't have a code, it just says I have $10 credit.

bread's done
Back