GS/EB in-store specials: $5 off any used Gamecube game! [3/30 - 4/5]

[quote name='chimpian']This will be very nice :)
im hoping to nab at least battalion wars on my lunch break today.

anyone know what the price for it used is? its not coming up on their site?[/quote]
When your doing a search, there will be a link at the bottom of the page that says: "Show backordered used products that may be available in stores." Click that if you can't find what your looking for on the site (good for checking out the store locator).

Picked up a minty Metroid Prime for $.97 (at about 3 pm)
No issue with the 4 to a page set up - Thanks Op!

lol and while I was there, 4 staff members had a Regional sales call on speaker, no mention of the coupon correction, but by golly staff bess get better at the closing phone reminder about "don't forget to bring some games in to trade and receive an extra 20% on pre orders!" LOL
:bouncy:

Yeah Paper Mario is worth buying at whatever price, however I think it's $13.50 after MVP at game crazy, and will probably show up sooner or later.

I'm in for whatever I can get :) I'm going to print out 5+ coupons and go some some different stores...my GC collection is gonna get a little bit bigger this weekend :)

Donkey Konga 2 for $9 and MGS: Twin Snakes for $12 is tempting...but the closest GS to me that actually them it is a 30 minute drive. I'll probably pick up Metroid Prime 2 for $9 though at my local GS.

Got F-Zero GX for ~$3 at GS, and 007 Nightfire ~$7 at EB-read on!

After reading all the horror stories about EB/GS, I forgot how cool mine were(sometimes). At GS, the computer accepted the coupon, but it didn't deduct anything. He called the closest EB(the one I went to for 007) and asked their opinion. He ended up deducting it manually.:D

EB, different story. It was marked as ~$12 , not ~$10. (After I bought it, I tore off the first sticker to reveal a $10 sticker. EB marking up stuff? The horror!) That threw my plan a loop, and I [akwardly] ran to the car for more monies. :oops: However, they didn't say anything about the coupon not showing up, although the clerk did look at it for a little. I say YMMV at GS, EB seems OK.

I am sooooo damn glad i went out at 10am this morning i knew they would fuck this deal up..i ended up with:
Resident Evil 0-$5
Geist-3.59
Wave Race- .89 (best deal)
F-Zero-2.69
and lastly Viewitful Joe-1.79

Is it worth me going back out tomorrow and trying again, or are all stores getting that terrible memo

[quote name='jer7583']could get some decent gamecube games for real cheap with this.

That is, if GameStop doesn't pull a GameStop and increase the price of their used gamecube inventory to minimum $14.99 or something.[/quote]

Did they change the terms of the coupon!??!

I hope to go to GS tomorrow. I won't even bother to get $5 off games under $15. A GS that is a little farther than my regular GS has Zatch Bell Mamodo Battles actually instock. I really hope it is in good condition, with case and booklet.

On another note, Eternal Darkness' price was raised? It was only $10 before... And I just recently found out my "good" EB(can EB/GS really be good?) turned into a GS, making it so two GSs are within a mile of each other.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I am sooooo damn glad i went out at 10am this morning i knew they would fuck this deal up..i ended up with:
Resident Evil 0-$5
Geist-3.59
Wave Race- .89 (best deal)
F-Zero-2.69
and lastly Viewitful Joe-1.79

Is it worth me going back out tomorrow and trying again, or are all stores getting that terrible memo[/QUOTE]

Bah, give it a shot. Some cool employees will say "F this" to the memo anyways. If I didn't have GH2 and like 300 dollars worth of stuff from Play-asia inbound, I'd be out hassling EBstops.

Over the course of the day I stopped at 2 gamestops and 1 EB Games. First one went off with no trouble got $6.99 game for $1.79. Stop two no problem got a $12.99 game $7.29. Third one got battalion wars for $3.99 but the store employees where having a tough time figuring it out.

Employee 1 to Employee 2: Where is the coupons sku?
Several minutes later Employee 1: Oh there it is...daaaa (he said daaaaaa) He was looking for the coupon code on the coupon :) You know...right in the middle.

Ok hand him my edge card. He rings things up and wham the coupon wont work.

Employee 1 huddled with Employee 2: It doesn't come up. What do I do?

Employee 2: What does the coupon say?

Employee 1: Not valid with other offers. The edge card is an offer isn't it.

Employee 2 : I guess so.

Me>>>>starting to get a headache. "If I remember the store at the mall had to override the coupon because the sku wasn't in the system"

Employee 1: Well I guess you can only use the coupon. But $5 is more than $.80 so it works out ok.

Me>>>>>>picks self off of floor. Thought to myself A retail employee just did math in his head and got it right :) Just kidding. But I wasnt going to fight if they took the coupon.

Employee 1: The coupon still doesn't work

Employee 2: Let me see.

3 minutes later and 2 re rings Battalion Wars out the door for $4.27.

The bad news is I think they let the day time guy go which sucks because he was helpful.

I still have one original print off left plus the last store gave me back the coupon ?!!? May have to venture out this weekend and hope the weekend help didnt read the memo because the last store had tons of sub $15 gc games.

I managed to get a few games, apparently they didnt get the e-mail there yet, either. i GOT:

Metroid Prime - $1
Rogue Squadron 2 - $5
Resident Evil - $8.90 or something

Not too bad, hopefully they'll still honor the coupons even though that e-mail is going out. Talk about bad business practice to not honor their OWN COUPONS because of their mistake.

Um, I havent read through the whole thread yet, but the coupon says "Any Used Gamecube game (Priced $15 or higher)" yet most of you still got a couple of games that cost around $7 before the deduction...

Can someone please host the original PDF with the before the 14.99 addition. so i can have the whole flyer as proof.

thanks

[quote name='MisterNewGuy']Can someone please host the original PDF with the before the 14.99 addition. so i can have the whole flyer as proof.

thanks[/quote]

ya me too

No luck for me. The manager was on the phone for like 15 mins or more until he finally called corporate and found out what the deal was. Wasted 20 minutes of my life at that store:)

I stopped by Gamestop today, there was nothing worth picking up. I saw a copy of Batallion Wars, grabbed it, and then realized it was a "new" copy. Oh well...

This explains my experience this afternoon. Took the original coupon in looking for a copy of Paper Mario 2. Nothing really worth getting that I didn't already have, but Alien Hominid for $8.99 ($13.99 - $5.00) seemed worthwhile.

Coupon SKU rang up but no discount was applied. The cashier overrode it and I was on my way. Nice to have a decent GameStop close to work.

Bah, I kinda regret not trying this. It would've been sweet if I could get $5 off any game but didn't know if I wanted to try it.

[quote name='johnnypark']I managed to get a few games, apparently they didnt get the e-mail there yet, either. i GOT:

Metroid Prime - $1
Rogue Squadron 2 - $5
Resident Evil - $8.90 or something

Not too bad, hopefully they'll still honor the coupons even though that e-mail is going out. Talk about bad business practice to not honor their OWN COUPONS because of their mistake.[/quote]

Damn, I didn't bother since I figured it wouldn't work. I guess you went to the EB or Gamestop on campus? Let me know if you're successful again, I might try it on Monday or something.

If anybody's still looking for the original...

gamestop033007ad.jpg

[quote name='SpazX']Damn, I didn't bother since I figured it wouldn't work. I guess you went to the EB or Gamestop on campus? Let me know if you're successful again, I might try it on Monday or something.[/quote]

Yeah, I went to both actually. Gamestop didn't have many of the cheaper/below $10 games, it almost looked like they sent them all to EB. They let me use 2 coupons at once at EB, I was surprised, but I have a feeling that e-mail has gone out and they'll be less cool about it. I'm glad I went, though, I had all 3 of those games a few years ago and someone stole them all, so it's nice to have them back :)

Well, I know the guys at my GS pretty well, and they tend to be pretty out of the loop, so hopefully I should be able to cash in on this deal.

It most likely won't work anymore. They probably sent out an update that makes it so the game has to be 14.99 or more. Doesn't stop an employee from manually adjusting the price, but I'm sure an email accompanied the update they sent out.

I used it yesterday on 2 games that were both under $10 at 2 different stores. Neither store cared. One of them mentioned that it was supposed to be for $15 and up but that he didn't care since it was not mentioned on the coupon. He also thought it was funny that the game pictured on the coupon (Splinter Cell) was like $8.

[quote name='jer7583']could get some decent gamecube games for real cheap with this.

That is, if GameStop doesn't pull a GameStop and increase the price of their used gamecube inventory to minimum $14.99 or something.[/QUOTE]

Wow, I (Almost) called it on this one. There's no way EB/GS would let you use a coupon on anything. I had a feeling that the $14.99 limit was coming, one way or another. Assholes. Hopefully I can use this on some cheap games still anyway.

Sorry to toot my own horn, I just laughed a lot when I checked up on this thread again.

well when i used it yesterday they were pretty set on one coupon/one game per visit. Luckily i live in ann arbor and there are 3 gamestops and 1 eb within a 5 mile radius so i hit em all up on my way to the gym

Thanks for the great info on this coupon!!! I was able to snag F-Zero GX today (Saturday 3/31) for 7.99 - 5 = 2.99 + tax. I went to the EB Games in the Burlington Mall in Massachusetts, if anyone is interested - they didn't even question the coupon.:D I don't know if other locations are still accepting the coupon, but it's worth a shot

[quote name='Tsukento']And does the coupon take $5 off of multiple games or just one?[/QUOTE]
One game, one coupon, per visit.

[quote name='Tsukento']Lame. Judging by previous posts with mentionings of multiple games, I assumed it was the opposite. :([/QUOTE]
Well, as always, it depends on the clerk. That's the wording of the coupon though.

I just got back from using 4 original coupons in two stores in the Polaris mall in Columbus, Ohio, and I have found the perfect strategy:

1. Take someone with you with their own coupon.
2. Use one coupon yourself on a valid game (priced $14.99 or more).
3. Have the second person behind you use a second coupon on an invalid game (less than $14.99).
4. Repeat.

This is perfect because the coupon works the first time with no problems. On the second time, they can't figure out why it doesn't work (because it just did), so they put in the discount manually. It also helped me that I had two different cashiers both times, and the first guy was the higer-up employee, and the second cashier was newer. The more-experienced guy just assumed that the problem was the other cashier (not the coupon or the customer).

For those who are curious, I scored these games (in order of purchases) after $5 coupons and the EDGE discounts:

EBX:
1. NHL 2006 ($19.99) for $12.99
2. SSX Tricky ($7.99) for $2.88
EBGAMES:
3. Pikmin 2 (17.99) for $11.97
4. 007 Everything or Nothing (9.99) for $4.80

Ok, I'm going to bring official word from Gamestop (well, what I read in the e-mails this morning.)

If you've got the coupon that doesn't say 14.99 or more, then you get it on any gamecube game. They'll have to manually deduct the price.

It was in two different e-mails, but the main one would be Store Informer from 3/30.

Now, getting a douche manager to listen is another thing altogether, but we HAVE been told to accept them.

[quote name='reibeatall']Ok, I'm going to bring official word from Gamestop (well, what I read in the e-mails this morning.)

If you've got the coupon that doesn't say 14.99 or more, then you get it on any gamecube game. They'll have to manually deduct the price.

It was in two different e-mails, but the main one would be Store Informer from 3/30.

Now, getting a douche manager to listen is another thing altogether, but we HAVE been told to accept them.[/quote]

Well, that's promising news but it usually seems like CAGs know more about the specifics of a lot of these deals than the store personnel do :) . I might have to try again later this week, as I was rejected earlier.

So they have been told to accept them...hmmm. If I get challanged, could I just say..."go read your current email..."

"Now what (bitch)?!"

Umm, is this deal only supposed to work with an Edge card or whatever? I don't have a subscription so I really don't know how to explain how I got the coupon. Maybe I'll have to think about getting one again...

No issues for me today.
Both over $15 and under.
Used one per game but all stores were fine with extra separate purchases with each coupon.
Stacked with Edge.
No biggie....

[quote name='reibeatall']Ok, I'm going to bring official word from Gamestop (well, what I read in the e-mails this morning.)

Now, getting a douche manager to listen is another thing altogether, but we HAVE been told to accept them.[/quote]
You tell me that right after I get back?! :)

[quote name='primetime']Umm, is this deal only supposed to work with an Edge card or whatever? I don't have a subscription so I really don't know how to explain how I got the coupon. Maybe I'll have to think about getting one again...[/quote]

No, it has nothing to do with the Edge card.

Basically, there are multiple ways to sign up with your e-mail address. In store when you reserve stuff, when you return stuff, or online. They send these to you.

bread's done
Back