GS/EB in-store specials: $5 off any used Gamecube game! [3/30 - 4/5]

Picked up a complete and scratchless Beyond Good & Evil and complete Rogue Squadron II for < $15. They did say the coupon was suppose to be 14.99+ but discounted it anyways. Pretty quick and painless. Now I am wondering if I should pick up.. Billy Hatcher .

When I went to get F-zero they did not know why it did not work so they called someone up that also did not know why, eventually the person on the phone told them how to do it. Mickey

Just went back today and got Billy Hatcher and F-Zero for $13 bucks. I almost didn't get to use the coupon because the guy thought that today was the 5th. I figured I just got the date wrong so I paid full price and went back to the car. When I got to the car I realized that my receipt said 4/4/07, so I went back in and got my five bucks back.

Snagged a mint F-Zero and a mint Metroid Prime for $4.

I love this coupon.

And... unless I'm confused, the coupon expires on the 5th... so you can still USE it on the 5th, right?

Yes, it should work until the end of tomorrow night.

I think I'll grab Tales of Symphonia and Resident Evil next with this coupon. Was thinking of getting RE4 until I heard about it being ported to Wii with the PS2 extras.

[quote name='d00k']Just went back today and got Billy Hatcher and F-Zero for $13 bucks. I almost didn't get to use the coupon because the guy thought that today was the 5th. I figured I just got the date wrong so I paid full price and went back to the car. When I got to the car I realized that my receipt said 4/4/07, so I went back in and got my five bucks back.[/quote]I was under the impression that it was good until the end of the 5th anyway; don't expiration dates usually work that way? I hope so 'cause there are two GS' I need to visit but they are 45 minutes away, and I won't be going to them until tomorrow. I'm just worried that when the coupon doesn't work they will say it's because it's the 5th and it's expired. Not sure what to do... would hate to use all that gas to get a few games today.

edit: how did two people get in before me? Note to self: post less, post quicker :p

[quote name='nyprimus4']Ehh, slim pickings at my store.[/quote]

Same here, dispite some initial 1st-finds. About 2 weeks ago, both stores near me had the GC Fire Emblem, now none of them do. I really wanted it for $8!

If anyone can find excess copies of it w/ the coupon, perhaps a trade could be arranged?

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I was under the impression that it was good until the end of the 5th anyway; don't expiration dates usually work that way? I hope so 'cause there are two GS' I need to visit but they are 45 minutes away, and I won't be going to them until tomorrow. I'm just worried that when the coupon doesn't work they will say it's because it's the 5th and it's expired. Not sure what to do... would hate to use all that gas to get a few games today.

edit: how did two people get in before me? Note to self: post less, post quicker :p[/quote]

It probably just depends on who's behind the counter. Coupons do work that way, but if you happened to get a...not so smart person behind the counter, you'll probably have a very hard time arguing with them about it.

[quote name='johnnypark']Same here, dispite some initial 1st-finds. About 2 weeks ago, both stores near me had the GC Fire Emblem, now none of them do. I really wanted it for $8!
[/quote]

Same thing happened to me with 'Eternal Darkness'... there were copies at three stores near me... 2 used at EB and GS, one new at another store. All 3 disappeared when I went back to get one 3 days later. It's not fun. :cry:

On that note, I picked up 'Fire Emblem' two days before the coupon hit. That's mine, though, so I suppose that doesn't help too much. ;)

I've made great use of this coupon - so far, I've gotten P.N. 03, Starfox Adventures, Geist and Batallion Wars all for under $10 (with the first for free).

As far as I can tell, nobody in my area but me is using this coupon - the employees don't even know where I got it!

[quote name='hegemonyhog']I've made great use of this coupon - so far, I've gotten P.N. 03, Starfox Adventures, Geist and Batallion Wars all for under $10 (with the first for free).

As far as I can tell, nobody in my area but me is using this coupon - the employees don't even know where I got it![/quote]

That seems to be the way around here, too, I think this is one of the best-kept secret deals for something being posted all over the internet.

Of course, it's also being used to swipe up bargain-bin (pricewise, anyway) Gamecube games, so to say it's for a niche market might be an understatement.

[quote name='hegemonyhog']I've made great use of this coupon - so far, I've gotten P.N. 03, Starfox Adventures, Geist and Batallion Wars all for under $10 (with the first for free). [/quote]

Lucky! I wanted to get P.N. 03, but nobody has it anymore.

[quote name='d00k']Lucky! I wanted to get P.N. 03, but nobody has it anymore.[/quote]

Is PN 03 any good? I've read some reviews a while back that didn't seem too stellar. But sometimes those reviews aren't always correct.

I went on a spree yesterday. I hit 6 different gamestops. I had the same story as hegemonyhog. At each one, the cashier seemed clueless, had no idea why the coupon wasnt working, or where I got it.

At some I said I got it in my email from the weekly flyer, and they were like "Weekly flyer???"

Only one actually refused to take it, after calling a bunch of people including, as he said, "The district manager".

Only at 2 stores did the cashier find a manager who had actually seen on of the coupons, which resulted in immediatly marking down the game $5.

No store yesterday would just give me a $4.99 game for free, unlike one I visited the other day.

I found it best to just play clueless, like I had no idea why the computer would not take the coupon.

It seems that managers never check their email.

My total score was 11 games in 2 days for $25.55
Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers - $2.85
Extreme G3 + P.N. 03 - $5.24
SSX3 - $5.24
Bloodrayne - $0.93
XGRA - $0.93
Spider-Man - $2.82
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 - $2.82
Turok Evolution - $2.82
XIII - $FREE!!!
Splinter Cell - $1.90

I also picked up Custom Robo and Star Fox Assault for $10 total earlier this week. It has been a good week for gamecube games. Thanks again to the OP.

[quote name='spamfree2']Is PN 03 any good? I've read some reviews a while back that didn't seem too stellar. But sometimes those reviews aren't always correct.[/quote]

The reviews wern't great, but if I had found it and used the coupon it would have been free, which makes it great.

Went to 2 gamestop and they had lots of games that I wanted. Both stores only let me use one coupon :(
They didn't ask or seem to know about that it had to be $14.99 or more. I got Chaos field for $5 after coupon (Not sure if it is a good game but hope it is fun like Ikaruga)

I got F-Zero for a little over $3 and Mega Man X Collection for a bit over $13. Thanks OP!

Hit three more today. More clueless but helpful cashiers. All had to override the system. Total for the week, 5 cheap games ($2 or $3 each after coupon) for the kids. Pikmen, Midway Arcade Treasure III, Zapper, Viewtiful Joe II, and Rocket Power Beach Bandits. Kids are happy - makes me happy. Thanks OP!

What a friggen haul today. I hit up three GameStops (thankfully my dad came with and had his own Edge Card, that's how much he rules) and got the following:

Resident Evil 4 w/ Collector's Tin - $17.49
Tales of Symphonia - $11.19
Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures - $11.19
Resident Evil - $7.19
XIII - FREE
Beyond Good & Evil (FINALLY) - $8.49
Super Monkey Ball - $7.19
Wario World - $8.49

Among that, I found four DVDs I had been looking for, as well as a used Game Boy Player. Originally wanted to get Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness instead of Wario World, but they somehow didn't have it despite having the case. Got to at least keep the case since they were going to toss it anyways.

Overall, I think this was a great week. After peeling off some stickers, it looks like they hella bumped up some prices on some of these damn games. RE's first tag had $9.99 while its latest tag had $12.99. What mainly annoyed the hell out of me was the first GS I went to had all copies of the RE series for the Cube there, but 2/3/C:V were worth way more than they should've been. Someone please explain to me how Code: VERONICA is $9.99 used for the PS2 yet $24.99 on the Cube? :|

I finally got around to using these coupons.

I got:

Skies of Arcadia Legends
Fire Emblem PoR
Battalion Wars
Metroid Prime w/MP2 demo

I really wanted Eternal Darkness, but I couldn't find a complete one.

[quote name='Tsukento']Resident Evil 4 w/ Collector's Tin - $17.49
|[/quote]

u lie dam nice hella lucky i almost paid 60 on ebay for one

Seriously, I was suprised when I saw it. I hadn't seen it in a long time and forgot it even existed. XD I insta-yoinked the moment I read that it was the RE4 CE. It originally was being sold for $24.00 until I used the coupon and my Edge Card.

Hit up another GS last night w/my girlfriend. Didn't want to press my luck so I only had one coupon for each of us (but for some reason forgot to print more to go to the other store:p).
I piocked up Viewtiful Joe for something like $2. My g/f bought Chrystal Chronicles for $8. I forgot to use my damn edge card, but I still think it worked out great.
Brought the games to the counter and the guys couldn't get them to work, and jumped straight to the conclusion I had feared: it was the 5th and so they were 'expired'. Luckily, the manager-looking guy figured they shouldn't be expired but that the computer was mistakenly not accepting them. He said that since corporate is in Texas, and the stores there were closed already, the computers here were considering it an expired coupon. I don't think this is true but I just went along with it since he was giving us the discount. But he seemed worried he would get in trouble. Really wanted to tell him to check his Store Informer, that was he was doing was perfectly fine, but didn't want to screw it up. So, that is my final story.

bread's done
Back