GS/EB in-store specials: $5 off any used Gamecube game! [3/30 - 4/5]

[quote name='reibeatall']
ofsi_33007_pg1.jpg

That's from my e-mail this morning. It doesn't say "14.99 or higher."[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it does.

[quote name='reibeatall']That's from my e-mail this morning. It doesn't say "14.99 or higher."[/QUOTE]
Yes, it does. It's just a link to the image on their site, which has since been updated.

[quote name='reibeatall']
ofsi_33007_pg1.jpg

That's from my e-mail this morning. It doesn't say "14.99 or higher."[/quote]
Actually, the coupon your showing says $5 off any used Gamecube game (priced $14.99 or higher). It's the same coupon I just got via email.

Yes, I'm well aware that the website says that, however, what got sent to me DID NOT say that, and that's what I'll go by.

Edit: Without zooming in, this is what I can read from the coupon.

$5 OFF
any used gamecube game

coupon code: ebc300 (1294 or something)

What I'm saying is that it was advertised to me as not having stipulations to it.

In any case, all we have so far is a verified case of it working at the "$14.99 and over" with Megaman X collection; what we really need is for someone to try it with a game lower than that.

Word. I got in early and printed off three copies of the unaltered coupon. We'll see how it goes over lunchtime.

The fuckers at GS changed the coupon. It is now as you said with 14.99 minimum. Did anyone grab the original pdf before the sleazy switcheroo?

[quote name='jer7583']could get some decent gamecube games for real cheap with this.

That is, if GameStop doesn't pull a GameStop and increase the price of their used gamecube inventory to minimum $14.99 or something.[/quote]

[quote name='reibeatall']Yes, I'm well aware that the website says that, however, what got sent to me DID NOT say that, and that's what I'll go by.
[/QUOTE]
Yes but can you prove that? I was emailed the same thing, but it was just a hyperlink so now my ad says >$14.99 as well. We have the coupon sheets people made, but no one seems to have the full unedited ad from before the switch.

[quote name='yukine']Hmm... lets hope we can really use this on any Gamecube game. I'd love to pick up Batallion Wars for $5.00, among some other games.[/quote]

damn, i just payed $9.99 for batallion wars 2 days ago... and watch the bastard pull the game out from under the desk in a cd case likes its used or some shit... i hate how they keep their games, new or used.

but yeah i saw a RE package which was $34.99 i beleive with Resident Evil, Resident Evil Zero, and Resident Evil 4. So its like the 3 games for the price of Resident Evil 2... lol but use your $5 off and get it for $30.

And thanks for the list benjam, I might go pick up a few of those if the coupon is still good when i get back from my trip.

Glad I went crazy and printed off 8 of these before the switch... can print off more in the copier if they are accepted

[quote name='triplehelix']...and watch the bastard pull the game out from under the desk in a cd case likes its used or some shit... i hate how they keep their games, new or used.[/quote] Yeah, that's why I don't shop there unless it's an extremely good deal...and they have a shrinkwrapped copy on hand, although they've likely just re-shrinkwrapped it themselves.

I consider everything sold at GS/EB as used.

this is still working, maybe they will accept it?

[quote name='Kendro']Okay, here are coupons I created with MS Paint (ftw) from the much higher quality PDF versions. Only 4 per page since they are bigger.

[/quote]

The coupon code on the newly-revised "$15 or higher" is the same as the old one, which really has me worried. This means that the computer will probably reject the transaction if it is on a game that's less that $15. I suppose it's possible that the cashier can over-ride it with a good argument, but knowing EBGames, I doubt they'll be nice and just do it. I guess we'll see what happens, but worse-case scenario, $5 off a $15 game is still pretty good.

Isn't the problem gonna be that this is a code they type in, so when it fails to work on a game they'll just tell you "Computer says no"

I get the impression from the way GS/EB do business a lot of people are gonna get refused on this.

EDIT - Ok, Sir Chad got in before me

Yeah... I mean, off the top of my head, the one GC game I'm kinda looking for at this point is Capcom vs. SNK 2 EO which was already 20 something bucks. Still, they're assholes for not just taking the sales beating and firing the guy who made the initial flyer.

$3.99 Killer 7 means all of you get JETZT(If you can still get the $5 off any)!

also, Skies of Arcadia and any cheap 1st party game you don't have for some reason.

Just got back from my local GS - recently converted from Rhino. I bought Pikmin at $9.99. The original coupon wouldn't scan with the purchase. After the cashier asked, I told him I got the coupon in the weekly email flyer. He ajusted the price and I walked out the door with Pikmin for $5.29. Might have helped that he didn't seem to happy with his stores switch from Rhino to GS so I would say this is definately YMMV.

I saved the original flyer in pdf, so I'll try my luck with some other local stores.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Anyone confirm if you can stack your edge card and get the 10% off with the coupon?[/quote]

I stacked my Edge card with no problems.

[quote name='toldawg128']It's for any used GC game (I just changed the title). With a picture of splinter cell on the coupon, you no there's no minimum price.[/quote]

Actually, the coupon says a minimum game of price of 14.99, so that semi-bones this deal since I wanted to pick up Eternal Darkness.

Okay, just got back. I used a non >$14.99 coupon to buy Fire Emblem ($12.99) with my Edge card. Total was $7.19 plus tax. One thing that may be a problem, although the clerk didn't say anything, the receipt says "Disc: 5.00 Promotion Not Found" for the line item that takes the coupon off.

tried it in the livingston mall,nj and picked up battalion wars and paper mario both for about $18 total.

also i jsut checked and mario has this horrible sticky crap on it, any ideas on how to get it off?
or should i just try mild dish soap then rubbign alcohol

happy hunting all

[quote name='Damian']Okay, just got back. I used a non >$14.99 coupon to buy Fire Emblem ($12.99) with my Edge card. Total was $7.19 plus tax. One thing that may be a problem, although the clerk didn't say anything, the receipt says "Disc: 5.00 Promotion Not Found" for the line item that takes the coupon off.[/QUOTE]

I was talking to the manager behind the counter and he mentioned it usually takes 24 hrs for the coupon to get into their system so that could explain that.

I just returned from a Gamestop in my area. Apparently, a proactive e-mail was sent this morning saying there was a misprint in the original coupon and they should only accept the coupon for used GC games $14.99 and up. He even tried my coupon on a cheaper item and it rang up that the item was ineligible for the coupon. (Metroid Prime for $5.99 - $5 was a no go.)

However, I did find a copy of Penny Arcade's comic collection, Vol 2 for $5.99 (volume 1 is priced the same). I feel so dirty for walking in expecting to spend $1 with the coupon and taking the bait to spend $6!!!

[quote name='chimpian']tried it in the livingston mall,nj and picked up battalion wars and paper mario both for about $18 total.

also i jsut checked and mario has this horrible sticky crap on it, any ideas on how to get it off?
or should i just try mild dish soap then rubbign alcohol

happy hunting all[/QUOTE]

Use Goo Gone.

Well, I'm heading to Gamestop in an hour or so... hopefully my store doesn't read their e-mails. Although I think they should still honor it.

How fucking lame. I get all exciting thinking I am finally going to score a decent deal at a GS and bam, they change what they originally had. Its no wonder why they ranked as the worst company on CAG. FUcking bull shit. I will still try to use the coupon though...So angery right now! Hey GS, take some notes from amazon.com...they don't even specialize in video games and they are a millions times better at your own game. fuck YOU GS!

my GS on RT 17 in NJ ried a 9.99 game and the coupon would not work. Then he tried a 14.99 game and the coupon did work. Leave it to GS to find another way to piss us off

I went to three different Gamestop/EB Games stores this morning. The selection wasn't too good, but I did get three complete games for $5 plus tax. I'm sorry to hear about the new $14.99 restriction, but there wasn't much more I really wanted anyway.

I thought that it was kind of off that GS would actually have a worthwhile deal, so the coupon adjustment doesn't surprise me. Anyway, good luck to anyone who attempts to use the old version of the coupon. I would've loved to get Battalion Wars...

[quote name='Heavy-Sixer']Will the old version work on games $15 & up? Or won't it work at all?[/quote]

It should since both use the same coupon code.

gah I really want Resident Evil 2 but it's still too dang expensive!

in for a bunch of the $1.99 AC games if the stores by me haven't been wiped.

I went to three GSs; the first had nothing worthwhile, the second didn't have their online connections and accepted the coupons on $4.99 games after calling their district manager (free Viewtiful Joe and Intellivision lLives), and the third told me they'd gotten an email that said it was only good for $14.99 and up (tho I got some used DVD boxsets super cheap there, even before the buy 2 get one free, that I'd been looking for, so it was still worthwhile going). I may have gotten to the 2nd store before the email had gotten out (or at least before the district manager had read it). The original coupon says something about "see local store associate for details", so they're probably not actually breaking consumer protection law by not honoring it on cheaper games.

[quote name='jgressley']However, I did find a copy of Penny Arcade's comic collection, Vol 2 for $5.99 (volume 1 is priced the same).[/quote] That's a pretty good deal, I think regular price is $12.99 or so. I may see if any of my local GSes have Vol 3 and how much they want for it.

And PA has some funny stuff to say about GS today. Dija whoziwhat? Wigital diga-whachamaha? Heh heh heh. I can only hope EB/GS suffers such a fate...soon.

From the way Gamestop/EBGames do their promotions/trade-in prices, it doesn't sound insane that one or two corporate people from gamestop check Cheapassgamer.com often daily, kinda creepy actually.

[quote name='eugaet']That's a pretty good deal, I think regular price is $12.99 or so. I may see if any of my local GSes have Vol 3 and how much they want for it.

And PA has some funny stuff to say about GS today. Dija whoziwhat? Wigital diga-whachamaha? Heh heh heh. I can only hope EB/GS suffers such a fate...soon.[/quote]

3rd Volume was still $12.99 or I would have grabbed it, too.

[quote name='shinclyde']From the way Gamestop/EBGames do their promotions/trade-in prices, it doesn't sound insane that one or two corporate people from gamestop check Cheapassgamer.com often daily, kinda creepy actually.[/quote]

.........and get that extra $10 on two 360 games shut down, no infact change it to only be for games released this month.

Oops wrong window.

Though it does suck that the coupon is restricted to games 14.99 and up, I still managed to find a few games worth getting...

I picked up Resident Evil 4 for about $12.00 after the coupon, Edge Card, and tax. So not so bad (I wish they had it in a non Blockbuster case, but at least it has the actual insert, no book though).

I also considered getting Zelda: Four Swords Adventure, Luigi's Mansion, or Kirby's Air Ride wich would also fit in the deal.

I say its a decent deal, better then paying full price, thats for sure... but I can agree that Game Stop/EB aren't quite what they used to be.

Hitup three stores and they all let me use one coupon. Ended up with Viewful Joe and Metroid prime free. Third store only let me use it on a 14.99 title so I picked up resident evil.

Third store was nice enough to give me a couple of free lost in blue 2 stylus packs for the trouble. While browsing I also noticed they restocked some old penny guides from the back room. Yay for another tales of legendia

Thanks, op!

bread's done
Back