GS/EB in-store specials: $5 off any used Gamecube game! [3/30 - 4/5]

[quote name='reibeatall']No, it has nothing to do with the Edge card.

Basically, there are multiple ways to sign up with your e-mail address. In store when you reserve stuff, when you return stuff, or online. They send these to you.[/quote]

Great, thanks a bunch. Hopefully they'll give me my deal next week:cool:

no cigar for me at all. wouldnt budge said it was a computer problem and it was in the system.

[quote name='theflicker']Stopped at 2 and picked up Viewtiful Joe 2 at 2.99 and Beyond Good & Evil for 9.99.[/quote]
You're a lucky bastard for even finding the GameCube version of that. All I was able to find ever was a lone PS2 version. :(

I stopped by a GameStop earlier. Picked up Skies of Arcadia Legends.

SoAL = $19.99
-$5.00 Promo = $14.99
-$2.00 (10%) Edge Card Discount = $12.99
x6% Florida Sales Tax = +$0.78

Total: $13.77

Friggen win.

Might later on pick up Wario World or one of the Resident Evil titles I don't have.

[quote name='Tsukento']You're a lucky bastard for even finding the GameCube version of that. All I was able to find ever was a lone PS2 version. :(
[/quote]

BG&E for is that hard to find? I might have to get my store's copy, then.

[quote name='Tsukento']BG&E has been near impossible to find at most places. I didn't even find my copy until GameStop bought up Rhino.[/quote]

LOl check you pm box!

[quote name='Tsukento']You're a lucky bastard for even finding the GameCube version of that. All I was able to find ever was a lone PS2 version. :(

I stopped by a GameStop earlier. Picked up Skies of Arcadia Legends.

SoAL = $19.99
-$5.00 Promo = $14.99
-$2.00 (10%) Edge Card Discount = $12.99
x6% Florida Sales Tax = +$0.78

Total: $13.77

Friggen win.

Might later on pick up Wario World or one of the Resident Evil titles I don't have.[/quote]

You're lucky you guys only have to pay 6%, in the other two counties it's 6.5% and 7.0% ;)

I might pick up Skies of Arcadia, hope it's still there

[quote name='Rozz']You're lucky you guys only have to pay 6%, in the other two counties it's 6.5% and 7.0% ;)
[/quote]

We're running 8.25%

6% is frustrating enough as is. I can't imagine 6.5% or 7%. That practically kills whatever discounts Edge Card gives. :(

I'd rather move to a state that has no sales tax.

I picked up Metroid Prime for a buck with no problems. I almost got Resident Evil 0 too, but the second disk was missing.

If I go in on two seperate days, but still have the same guy behind the counter, will I be able to use it twice? I really want Killer7 and Billy Hatcher.
(Keep in mind that I don't think this guy likes me very much because I told him I don't like Halo)

[quote name='yukine']I've got you all beat, tax here is 8.50%. :cry:[/quote]

8.8% Granted not a competition that I'd want to win, but, ya know.

[quote name='d00k']If I go in on two seperate days, but still have the same guy behind the counter, will I be able to use it twice? I really want Killer7 and Billy Hatcher.
(Keep in mind that I don't think this guy likes me very much because I told him I don't like Halo)[/quote]
The coupons are on the site. You're making seperate purchases. So you'll be alright. :p

[quote name='Tsukento']The coupons are on the site. You're making seperate purchases. So you'll be alright. :p[/quote]

Ok. I still hope there's a different cashier though...

On Friday, 3/30 I stopped by a GS and found a used copy of StarFox Adventures for GC for $9.99 and gave them the old non-restricted coupon and my Edge Card.

Cashier took the coupon and ran it but it wouldn't take. He looked to the senior cashier who said, just mark it down $5. So he took off $5 and also applied the edge card so I walked out with the game for $4.50 before taxes.

Not sure if it will work for the remaining couple of days that it's valid (they probably will have read the email by now I would think.) But thanks OP for the heads up!

I used this twice - once for F-Zero and once for Geist. I live in a small town, which may have made this more possible. Anyway, I paid roughly seven bucks for both games. I think it's still a decent deal if you're getting a 17.99 game that's kind of hard to find, too. Five bucks is five bucks.

Just used it twice as well, SSX Tricky and Star fox Adventures both were 2.69 after tax (i found the one Starfox that wasnt marked up to 9.99 yay). This has to be the best deal of the year (for me atleast)...by the end of the weak im gonna end up more gamecube games then i can ever play

Does anyone remember the last time they had a b2g1 sale? This merger has been even worse than I thought it was going to be.

$5 off is nice though.

Hit up two GameStops earlier.

Custom Robo - $8.47
I-Ninja - $4.49

They manually overided the computer not accepting the discounts without any problems. Think I might nab some other games in the process. :)

I really bummed cause I got to this thread way late (today), and thought there wasno way I could get in on this. Well, Reibeatall was correct about the update in Store Informer! I went to my store (where I once worked) and showed the ASM the coupon; he had no idea about it at all, and said it was a pretty cool coupon. I was looking around and then felt sorta dishonest, so I told him straight up what I had heard (I know, it's a n00bish mistake but he's a cool guy and a friend of mine, and I figured if the SI was really there, it would be no problem). He wouldn't let me use the edge card though, since it says no other promos on the coupon :p So long story short, I picked up Killer 7 - $3.99, and I may go back for Rogue Squadron for $5. Other games I wanted were gone (one being f-zero gx), which had been there forever.

[quote name='GrilledWitOnions']I really bummed cause I got to this thread way late (today), and thought there wasno way I could get in on this. Well, Reibeatall was correct about the update in Store Informer! I went to my store (where I once worked) and showed the ASM the coupon; he had no idea about it at all, and said it was a pretty cool coupon. I was looking around and then felt sorta dishonest, so I told him straight up what I had heard (I know, it's a n00bish mistake but he's a cool guy and a friend of mine, and I figured if the SI was really there, it would be no problem). He wouldn't let me use the edge card though, since it says no other promos on the coupon :p So long story short, I picked up Killer 7 - $3.99, and I may go back for Rogue Squadron for $5. Other games I wanted were gone (one being f-zero gx), which had been there forever.[/quote]

Mwahahaha. Told ya!

[quote name='schuerm26']Does anyone remember the last time they had a b2g1 sale? This merger has been even worse than I thought it was going to be.

$5 off is nice though.[/quote]

You know, I was thinking this myself a few weeks ago. They're so big now that they can hold out while chains like Gamerush clear out stock and become less of a threat.:cry:

ZOMG I forgot to say!

Today when I went in to use the coupon, one of women working there said that they were taking ALL GAMECUBE GAMES PRICED $5.99 AND BELOW OFF THE SHELVES! I have no idea if this is YMMV or not. Just beware.

[quote name='ihadFG']Sheesh, my tax is only 5%[/quote]

Dook, New Hampshire doesn't have Sales Tax or State Income Tax? Where does the state get it's money from? (Wrong thread I know)

[quote name='d00k']ZOMG I forgot to say!

Today when I went in to use the coupon, one of women working there said that they were taking ALL GAMECUBE GAMES PRICED $5.99 AND BELOW OFF THE SHELVES! I have no idea if this is YMMV or not. Just beware.[/quote]
Not really much to worry about, seeing as they're mostly crap 3rd party titles and EA Sports games.

so they are honoring them now? that's good to hear...wonder what made them change their mind. guess i'm picking up wave race tomorrow

It's likely due to people having printed them out and trying to bring them in without knowing (or just trying to get through a loop hole, like all of us are :p) that it was updated.

No objections with them honoring it. It's probably the one good thing GameStop's done in a good while. $5 off with 10% off is likely the best deal you're ever going to get on GameCube games from GameStop until they start pushing them off shelves.

I picked up Turok:Evolution for $2.82 yesterday night with the coupon+edge card. I know it sucks, but I loved the N64 Turoks and figured I would complete my collection.

The clerk looked like he was typing a book while trying to get the coupon to work (I guess he was adjusting the price of the game because the computer knew not to do it), but he didnt give me any problems, or say anything. It's great that they are honoring it, I would guess it is really to clear shelf space for the new systems.

There are 5 GS/EB's within 15 minutes of me, and I am going to hit all of them today, and get one game from each, whatever is cheap. Good luck to everyone else who wants to stockpile GC games.

Edit: Stopped by the closest EB during lunch, with coupon in hand. I found a couple of $5.99 games and a pair of $4.99 that I would have rather had (XIII, THPS3). I handed the clerk a $5.99 game with the coupon, and said "I would rather get one of these $4.99 games, but I dont know what you would do... maybe pretend it is $5.99 and I'll pay the $0.99?"... He called the manager, and the manager just said "Mark it down to zero"... I walked out with XIII for FREE!!! who-hoo. Thanks OP and those who made the sheets of coupons!

Went today to a nearby mall with one coupon and a gift card I received for Christmas. Hit up the Gamestop and found nothing worth buying, and then went to the Ebgames to be greeted with Beyond Good and Evil right on the top shelf of the used games rack. Picked it up, handed in my coupon, and renewed my edge card (whose discount was applied as well) for just under 25 dollars - the amount the giftcard was worth.

Well.. I picked up Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy. Read somewhere that it was a pretty good game.. It was 1.99+ tax after coupon. Too bad it was missing the instruction booklet.

I really wish I clicked this thread earlier. There are a bunch of games I still want, but I'm only gunna be able to go to Gamestop one more time before the deal expires :whistle2:(

[quote name='schuerm26']Dook, New Hampshire doesn't have Sales Tax or State Income Tax? Where does the state get it's money from? (Wrong thread I know)[/quote]
I have no idea :p
But I love it.

Just picked up resident evil 0 for under 5 bucks, i was talkin to the guy at the register he was tellin me how the company made 500 million in profits last year and its about damn time they have a good coupon. ^_^

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Just picked up resident evil 0 for under 5 bucks, i was talkin to the guy at the register he was tellin me how the company made 500 million in profits last year and its about damn time they have a good coupon. ^_^[/quote]I already have 0, but I saw it at my store and thought it was priced much higher? At any rate, nice deal!

edit: it was priced $9.99 at my store, so it must have been $4.99 w/coupon, which I guess is technically under $5. Glad I already have a copy as the copy at my store is generic cover. I got mine a year ago for my birthday. My parents bought it a pawn shop and it was complete and everything :D

Got F-Zero (complete and actually in excellent condition!) today for about $3. The coupon wouldn't accept and the guy asked his manager, who was equally confused. It seems as though they're completely unaware about the change on the website, because that's the 2nd time I've used those coupons at that store :)

Damn! I just went back there today but I didn't have the coupons. Such a waste :bomb:

My GS is really lacking in Gamecube games. Today they only had 2 of the 7 games I was looking for. Hopefully they'll be there tommorrow.

picked up Tales of Symphonia and Super Smash Brothers in pretty good condition,I might pick up Super Mario Sunshine next before the coupon expires.

Used the coupon yesterday to pick up Sphinx & the Cursed Mummy for $2.11 with tax. Probably will try to pick up one more game tomorrow.

[quote name='cchen326']How are you guys getting games for $1.99. The coupon states any used gamecube game $14.99 and up?[/quote]

That's the revised coupon. Here's the original version that many are still accepting.

[quote name='Reira']That's the revised coupon. Here's the original version that many are still accepting.[/quote]If they don't accept it, tell them to check their store informers, it instructs them to accept it. Something like, "I heard you still accept the coupons, someone at a forum said it was in a store informer..."

I think that would work :D

bread's done
Back