GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

[quote name='Cleaner7']

Yeah, I hate when a product is pushed as "Limited" and then a year later you can find it new in bargain bins for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. Also, there is a difference between Limited and Collector's Editions. From what I gather, CEs aren't as limited, they are just nicer versions with extras. They aren't run as fully as the regular editions, but more are run than LEs. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've noticed so far with all these 360 LEs and CEs.

The only reason I didn't buy FFXII CE when it came out was because I was broke and wasn't sure if it'd be that good. Finally picked it up this weekend for $30.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this wasn't ever explicitly marketed as an LE so there was no reason to think it would be limited. But that doesn't stop EB/GS employees from pushing it as such (of course, they do tnat with just about *every* new release to get people to preorder). So I knew going in it wouldn't be extremely hard to come by after release, but I also didn't think it would be this common to find new/sealed/discounted several months later.

[quote name='CouRageouS']Did anyone pick up the $10 Wii stand? The one that lights up and adds and extra fan. I was wondering if it says Gamestop on it because the IGN review shows that it does in some pictures.[/quote]

Yep, it says GameStop right on the front of it. Also, there's not a setting to keep the fan ON while turning the light OFF. Oh well.

I saw those coolers and asked an employee if the Wii had any overheating problems. He said "No, thats probably why theyre on clearance".

When using Goo Gone to remove stickers, just put 2-3 droplets on the sticker, then let it sit for about 15 minutes. It should peel right off with no reisdue. But DONT saturate the case with it, as overexposure will wrinkle the clear plastic vinyl.

Haven't received a confirmation email, but the website says my Castlevania 2-pack that I ordered late last Friday finally shipped. So if you're worried about your order, check the website, not your email.

[quote name='Cleaner7']
Yeah, I hate when a product is pushed as "Limited" and then a year later you can find it new in bargain bins for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. Also, there is a difference between Limited and Collector's Editions. From what I gather, CEs aren't as limited, they are just nicer versions with extras. They aren't run as fully as the regular editions, but more are run than LEs. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've noticed so far with all these 360 LEs and CEs.

The only reason I didn't buy FFXII CE when it came out was because I was broke and wasn't sure if it'd be that good. Finally picked it up this weekend for $30.[/quote]

Yeah, but the thing is that there were articles/reviews and multiple GS/EB employees saying that this would be a limited run. I don't think there is a solid rule that when LE is used, it is definitely a limited run and that CE only means it's more special. I see them used interchangeably enough.

When FFXII was first launched, it seemed the regular edition of the game was more limited!

The CE was at every single GS/EB in sight and the original version was only available at BB and CC in limited quantities. I don't think my Walmarts got their stock for a few weeks, oddly enough.

Now the CE/regular parity is more or less even, with possibility of more CE's hiding somewhere.

[quote name='io']Yeah, this wasn't ever explicitly marketed as an LE so there was no reason to think it would be limited. But that doesn't stop EB/GS employees from pushing it as such (of course, they do tnat with just about *every* new release to get people to preorder). So I knew going in it wouldn't be extremely hard to come by after release, but I also didn't think it would be this common to find new/sealed/discounted several months later.[/QUOTE]
Yup. My friend and I were told (lied to) that they were so limited that the only way we would get one was to preorder. I didn't even own a PS2 (never had) and even I bought into the hype and preordered one. Luckily, it sold for a little higher than I paid to a French dude on eBay, but it sucks for him that it was sold under false "Limited" pretenses (it was the official word from the source!).

When I got my PS3 in November, I then began waiting for it to get cheap. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I saw those coolers and asked an employee if the Wii had any overheating problems. He said "No, thats probably why theyre on clearance".

When using Goo Gone to remove stickers, just put 2-3 droplets on the sticker, then let it sit for about 15 minutes. It should peel right off with no reisdue. But DONT saturate the case with it, as overexposure will wrinkle the clear plastic vinyl.[/QUOTE]

Oh, there have been a few reports of damaged GPUs from overheating (the artifacts don't go away after cooling down), but these are likely caused by all those stupid (and pointless) BD&A stands which amazingly carry the official Nintendo Seal of Quality. That company has been slapping it on everything including cheapo SD cards, non-adjustable Wii Remote straps, GBA link cables (competing with Nintendo's own official GameLink ones), and non-conditioned car adapters. BD&A is abusing their contract which was given to them originally just to make "Official Nintendo" hats, shirts, stuffed animals, etc.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Yeah, but the thing is that there were articles/reviews and multiple GS/EB employees saying that this would be a limited run. I don't think there is a solid rule that when LE is used, it is definitely a limited run and that CE only means it's more special. I see them used interchangeably enough.[/QUOTE]
There were definitely "second waves" of the "Limited Edition" Platinum GBAs and GCN consoles in the US. Right after they are almost impossible to find another huge shipment with updated boxart floods the market until the end of the console's life. Peachy.

Don't matter if FFXII was in an elite special collectors package to me the game sucked lol.. was kinda mad that I ran out and bought it at launch.. the only good thing about it was CC had it on the same day in ad for $10 cheaper so at least I did not have to spend $50 on it.. I was so excited about that game to :cry:

get extra 20 bucks when you trade in system

does not included first gameboy advance or gameboy color

So i wonder ifi could take my gameboy pocket and demand an extra 20 or the old black and white first gameboy : )

I think you're kidding, but it's funny that you mention that, as I was thinking about trying it or trying my old PS1. I think they just don't take older systems back at all now, though.

[quote name='slidecage']get extra 20 bucks when you trade in system

So i wonder ifi could take my gameboy pocket and demand an extra 20 or the old black and white first gameboy : )[/quote]

im going to try my game gear

I was also lied to about FFXII. They even mentioned another LE game that they couldn't accept anymore preorders for, and said I needed to preorder FF to get it. They knew damn well they had plenty. It was their highest selling game for a while, and they were still loaded with them. I spent $90 in credit for the game and guide on launch, what a waste.

[quote name='slidecage']get extra 20 bucks when you trade in system

[/quote]

The fact that GBC is listed must mean they still accept trade-ins for it. But I'm sure they won't accept anything older.

[quote name='Zygote']Are stickers consistent on every store? I saw a 50% sticker on DQVII when the ad said 25% so I could get it for $10 ?[/quote]

not consistent but prices shold be accurate. I saw Popo Crois had the 25% off sticker its suppose to be %50 off

Score!

Castlevania Double Pack
RPGMaker 3
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life (GC)
Rise of Nations
GCN extension cables
A bunch of PS1 games

... and all I wanted was RoN when I walked in the store. It was a tough choice with RPGMaker 3 against King of Fighters 2006...but I have a feeling RPGMaker 3 will be harder to find down the line.

[quote name='CaoPi']not consistent but prices shold be accurate. I saw Popo Crois had the 25% off sticker its suppose to be %50 off[/QUOTE]

Well in the event that they do give you a larger discount, you could always just try to get it. If its a lower discount, isnt the price already entered in the system? If not, whip out the ad right next to you

Picked up Starcraft Battlechest, figure I should play through it before 2 comes out. I never got into Starcraft even through I love the Warcraft games. Also picked up Rise of Nations.

[quote name='rcman']Have anyone checked out the RenChi sale? how is this sale compared to theirs, have anyone done a quick comparison?[/QUOTE]
What's on sale? There's no details other than some unspecified games are on sale for wildly varying amounts. I saw nothing worthwhile about any of their prices. Maybe if you're into imports. I'm not, so maybe you'll find some value there but I can't say.

caved in and picked up KOF 2006

the EB I went to (San Rafael, CA), seemed to have everything on the list. I was surprised to still see some 360 and PS3 games left.

the only things I don't recall seeing were the Castlevania 2-Pack, some of the PC games (they only had Condemned).

All the local gamestop/eb games had their games gutted out... except for the malls, everything was sealed. However, most of the Guild Wars Nightfall games looked like they were tampered with. Luckily I got a sealed one and I made sure it wasnt tampered with. Now I just need to get Factions and try to beat that story mode. So far the cheapest I seen Factions go for is $30 off Amazon. Still no luck with Starcraft, not too sure if I even want to go bother to order it online, but I'm not too sure if I'll even play it after buying it. Still $10 is too good to pass up.

Just a note - I've heard good things about Outrun for PSP here on CAG and $10 seemed like a good price. I picked one up at GS the other day and then grabbed the ad for a potential price match at GC (would rather save my precious EB credit for other games - possibly B2G1, etc). I went in there today and lo and behold, that is the current regular price at GC anyway.

So, in case anyone missed it at EB/GS or simply doesn't want to spend money there, Gamecrazy has it for $10 also.

[quote name='io']Just a note - I've heard good things about Outrun for PSP here on CAG and $10 seemed like a good price. I picked one up at GS the other day and then grabbed the ad for a potential price match at GC (would rather save my precious EB credit for other games - possibly B2G1, etc). I went in there today and lo and behold, that is the current regular price at GC anyway.

So, in case anyone missed it at EB/GS or simply doesn't want to spend money there, Gamecrazy has it for $10 also.[/QUOTE]

Outrun 2006 for PSP is definitely worth the $10! I was shocked myself at how fun it was and how it retains the feel of the original OutRun. The PS2 version is also worth a purchase at $15. The Xbox version is the best, but it's nearly impossible to find a copy anywhere.

And I agree, I always give GameCrazy business over eb/GS if possible. If GC goes under, GS will have that much more of a monopoly.

[quote name='LancerEvoX']All the local gamestop/eb games had their games gutted out... except for the malls, everything was sealed. However, most of the Guild Wars Nightfall games looked like they were tampered with. Luckily I got a sealed one and I made sure it wasnt tampered with. Now I just need to get Factions and try to beat that story mode. So far the cheapest I seen Factions go for is $30 off Amazon. Still no luck with Starcraft, not too sure if I even want to go bother to order it online, but I'm not too sure if I'll even play it after buying it. Still $10 is too good to pass up.[/QUOTE]

Factions for $20 with free shipping:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/ProductDetail.jsp?ProductCode=610756

A year ago I would have jumped at those $5 UMDs...now they just seem silly to me since I have an Ipod Video with a backlog of months worth of TV shows to watch. Watching the Dr. Who spinoff series Torchwood right now...almost done with Season 1...good stuff.

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

So I went to exchange the Castlevania double pack for Suikoden V and I was supposed to pay the $15 difference, but then he refunded the game for the full price so I didnt have to pay $15. SCORE. And then I went home and opened up what was supposed to be Suikoden V, but he put the wrong Disc in! He put in IV. :cry: If I go back tomorrow and tell them what happened, what are the chances they're going to believe me? fuck

[quote name='TheMaidenOfSorrow']:cry::cry::cry::cry:

So I went to exchange the Castlevania double pack for Suikoden V and I was supposed to pay the $15 difference, but then he refunded the game for the full price so I didnt have to pay $15. SCORE. And then I went home and opened up what was supposed to be Suikoden V, but he put the wrong Disc in! He put in IV. :cry: If I go back tomorrow and tell them what happened, what are the chances they're going to believe me? fuck[/quote]

It probably would have been better if you went back there the same day, but as long as you do it as soon as possible than it should be okay. If it came with the original box then it will definitely seem more believable.

I hope things go well for you. Good luck!

Not sure if this has been posted somewhere, but I thought this was quite the deal. 2GB SD card from Sandisk for only $20, which is $5 cheaper than the 1 GB card for whatever reason. Limit 2 per customer. Cheapest USA shipping I saw was $3, 5-10 business days.

I don't think there's any difference between the Wii version and a regular Sandisk SD card other than the color, so it would be a good opportunity to get some quality, but cheap memory for your Wii, camera, etc.

[quote name='Rockgamer']It probably would have been better if you went back there the same day, but as long as you do it as soon as possible then it should be okay. If it came with the original box then it will definitely seem more believable.

I hope things go well for you. Good luck![/QUOTE]
Not to mention the fact that there should be a Suikoden V disc sitting around that isn't in inventory.

[quote name='daroga']Ooh, cool. Does that only work if you buy from their listed sites or can I use my EB purchase? Never done one of those before.[/QUOTE]

You can buy games and accessories from any store (online or b&m) and get the rebate.

[quote name='sarausagi']If it's the Sandisk one they sell, then it should be $20.[/quote]

Is it really a sale if its the same price everywhere? A co-worker asked me how much a 2GB should cost and I said well BB has them on sale for $20, and she said ok good because she bought it for $20 at Circuit. I assume retailers are just ticketing these items as sales, but they have been cut across the board already anyway everywhere for 2GB

[quote name='LanceJr']Is it really a sale if its the same price everywhere? A co-worker asked me how much a 2GB should cost and I said well BB has them on sale for $20, and she said ok good because she bought it for $20 at Circuit. I assume retailers are just ticketing these items as sales, but they have been cut across the board already anyway everywhere for 2GB[/QUOTE]
The 2GB Wii edition SD card is "on sale" for $47.49 at Circuit City. Pricematching to Gamestop saves a couple more bucks.

[quote name='GunstarRed']Outrun 2006 for PSP is definitely worth the $10! I was shocked myself at how fun it was and how it retains the feel of the original OutRun. The PS2 version is also worth a purchase at $15. The Xbox version is the best, but it's nearly impossible to find a copy anywhere.

And I agree, I always give GameCrazy business over eb/GS if possible. If GC goes under, GS will have that much more of a monopoly.[/QUOTE]
No mention of the PC version?!

Gonna go get Outrun for PSP today and use that pricegrabber thing.

[quote name='jer7583']Gonna go get Outrun for PSP today and use that pricegrabber thing.[/quote]

That EBgames on Silverspring Dr. in the timmerman plaza had alot of them as of Wednesday...

I observed my local Gamestop change the pricing on some of the sale items. Will the discount be based on the new prices?

[quote name='Derrick1979']That EBgames on Silverspring Dr. in the timmerman plaza had alot of them as of Wednesday...[/QUOTE]

Yeah, unfortunately I'm not in milwaukee anymore. I miss it. Done with school now so I'm back in michigan for the time being. Only a few Gamestops around here.

[quote name='mrmafia33']I just got pheonix wright. Good ass game.[/quote] I just got around to playing this as well, started last night...got it a while back from CC. Agreed, it's a great game!

I'm still waiting for my Castlevania 2-pack...hopefully will have it on Monday. When did you place your order? Mine was placed around 10pm CST on Friday.

[quote name='eugaet']I just got around to playing this as well, started last night...got it a while back from CC. Agreed, it's a great game!

I'm still waiting for my Castlevania 2-pack...hopefully will have it on Monday. When did you place your order? Mine was placed around 10pm CST on Friday.[/quote]

I didnt order it online, I went to the store. I cant wait for that toys r us sale!

It took going to about five Gamestops to find a sealed FFXII CE. The other four had copies, but they were gutted. To add insult to injury, the red line through the price tag often went off the label and on to the case itself. And customer X is supposed to pay for this as a "new" copy?

Oh, and totally OT: I'm watching Pistons-Cavaliers, so I'm seeing ads for House of Payne in every commercial break. Anyone who finds the commercials funny fails at life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back