GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

Just in case it hasn't been mentioned.

After the Game Days sale, most of the games' SKU's will be converted to used. I know the deal isn't as good as it is now, but they aren't just being shipped off.

I was so pissed off when I went into my GS yesterday. I was coming with sole intent of buying Diablo 2 for 10 bucks. Finally, I have a chance to buy it for cheap. I went in and saw no copy of the game, I was about to leave heartbroken when I asked one of the dorks if they have another copy. My eyes lighten up with the sight of the extra copy. My joy was shortlived when he told me that it wasn't on sale, it had to be marked down to be on sale. What kind of crap is that? He didnt even have the decency to scan and check. Angered, I walked out and vowed never to shop at my local GS again. So, I will just buy the game online instead.

[quote name='Derrick1979']Wow looks like someone is turning a profit off some cheap bought UMD's[/quote]

Unless it goes higher by quite a bit, he's losing money, and this is before factoring in the tax. Of course, this is assuming he got it all from the EB/GS sale.

[quote name='Mugen Power']Unless it goes higher by quite a bit, he's losing money, and this is before factoring in the tax. Of course, this is assuming he got it all from the EB/GS sale.[/quote]

I was not meaning he got them all from that sale you can get UMDS dirt cheap you just have to look for them I doubt he paid alot for those or he wouldnt be selling those in bulk....

Just got my shipment of:

2x Return to Arms
2x Castlevania Double Pack
1x Quake 4

I'm so excited!!! I tear open the strangely light shipping box and to my delight I find: Buffy the Vampire Slayer Chaos Bleeds for Xbox. Not extra, just by itself. Although I've always been intrigued by the game and it's prequel and heard they are really good even if you never saw the show like me, this is not worth the $79 I paid. Time to call their wonderful CS reps. I love GS/EB.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Is there a way to get free shipping on this deal? The shipping has always killed the deal for me.[/QUOTE]
Oh come on. The free shipping code has been mentioned at least a dozen times in this thread, it's been the same for years now and you can also find it on the front page.

I read the thread before... couldn't find it. I hear the free shipping code is on the front page, under the GS/EB logos, but I STILL can't find it.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place... What's the code?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']I read the thread before... couldn't find it. I hear the free shipping code is on the front page, under the GS/EB logos, but I STILL can't find it.

Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place... What's the code?[/quote]

The code is "SAVER", anyway.
So I placed an order for Ninja Scroll UMD and Castlevania double pack during the weekend. Expecting the items today, and nothing here. check order status for UPS and my shipping is delayed for some unknown F up on their part. Then I check the status on Ebgames.com and only my UMD shipped. Called, seems Castlevania for gba is now outta stock, no surprise, but then why did those sob's let me add it to my cart and check out! Damn them corporate fat cats! Anyway so i guess im stuck w/o the double pack.:bomb:

I got a question about Dragon Quest 8. I got the version with the FF 12 demo. I wanna know if the box is supposed to have some sort of shrinkwrapping around it or not because mine doesn't, just a sticker at the top and bottom.

[quote name='icarusmight']The code is "SAVER", anyway.
So I placed an order for Ninja Scroll UMD and Castlevania double pack during the weekend. Expecting the items today, and nothing here. check order status for UPS and my shipping is delayed for some unknown F up on their part. Then I check the status on Ebgames.com and only my UMD shipped. Called, seems Castlevania for gba is now outta stock, no surprise, but then why did those sob's let me add it to my cart and check out! Damn them corporate fat cats! Anyway so i guess im stuck w/o the double pack.:bomb:[/quote]

I am surprised you did not try to get it in store I have a few stores around me that have 2-3 in stock still.. at those stores you have to ask for them they did not gut them for some reason..

But they gutted just about everything else on that sale..

Except for the wait to talk to a Customer rep, my call went pretty painlessly. She didn't hassle me or make me wait forever to talk to manager although I did expect to repeat my story a couple of times and I did. She quickly agreed to send out my order again and when I asked what to do with the Buffy game I received by mistake, she said "Use it as a coaster." Guess I'll get to check out one of the Buffy games after all. It looks like someone just mispacked a couple of orders so I wonder what the reaction of the person who received my order was.

[quote name='Denken']I got a question about Dragon Quest 8. I got the version with the FF 12 demo. I wanna know if the box is supposed to have some sort of shrinkwrapping around it or not because mine doesn't, just a sticker at the top and bottom.[/quote]

yeah that's how it packaged, no shrink wrap over the cardboard but it should have stickers sealing the bottom and top. The original Star Ocean 3 is packaged the same way.

[quote name='icarusmight']The code is "SAVER", anyway.
So I placed an order for Ninja Scroll UMD and Castlevania double pack during the weekend. Expecting the items today, and nothing here. check order status for UPS and my shipping is delayed for some unknown F up on their part. Then I check the status on Ebgames.com and only my UMD shipped. Called, seems Castlevania for gba is now outta stock, no surprise, but then why did those sob's let me add it to my cart and check out! Damn them corporate fat cats! Anyway so i guess im stuck w/o the double pack.:bomb:[/quote]

Because of their screw up, it sounds like I'll only be getting Champions and Quake. Hopefully? My bro will be disappointed about his copy of Castlevania as well. I second the :bomb:

[quote name='icarusmight']Called, seems Castlevania for gba is now outta stock, no surprise, but then why did those sob's let me add it to my cart and check out![/quote]That's why I was so nervous with my order, and I placed it on the Friday night before the sale officially started. Because the availability of a game on the EB/GS website during a sale is no indication of available stock of said game. At one point, the Game Day GBA page was updated stating the 2-pack was OOS, but you could still add it to your cart if you didn't go through the Game Day ad. Eventually, the OOS notification disappeared.

Was it this past weekend or the first weekend of the sale in which you placed your order? Because if it was the first weekend, that's even more pathetic on the part of EB/GS...the 2-pack was available for order on their site well into the next week.

All that being said...I received my 2-pack today. The website said my order had shipped as of last Tuesday, so after that I didn't really have much to worry about.

[quote name='eugaet']That's why I was so nervous with my order, and I placed it on the Friday night before the sale officially started. Because the availability of a game on the EB/GS website during a sale is no indication of available stock of said game. At one point, the Game Day GBA page was updated stating the 2-pack was OOS, but you could still add it to your cart if you didn't go through the Game Day ad. Eventually, the OOS notification disappeared.

Was it this past weekend or the first weekend of the sale in which you placed your order? Because if it was the first weekend, that's even more pathetic on the part of EB/GS...the 2-pack was available for order on their site well into the next week.

All that being said...I received my 2-pack today. The website said my order had shipped as of last Tuesday, so after that I didn't really have much to worry about.[/quote]

I placed mine on the same Friday night you did when it was the day before the sale started in B&M stores. The only online order I placed that I've seen in my local stores has been Return to Arms so I don't even have that local option for Castlevania!

[quote name='jdawgg76']Except for the wait to talk to a Customer rep, my call went pretty painlessly. She didn't hassle me or make me wait forever to talk to manager although I did expect to repeat my story a couple of times and I did. She quickly agreed to send out my order again and when I asked what to do with the Buffy game I received by mistake, she said "Use it as a coaster." Guess I'll get to check out one of the Buffy games after all. It looks like someone just mispacked a couple of orders so I wonder what the reaction of the person who received my order was.[/quote]

Very nice, sounds like they gave you a free game.

[quote name='jdawgg76']Except for the wait to talk to a Customer rep, my call went pretty painlessly. She didn't hassle me or make me wait forever to talk to manager although I did expect to repeat my story a couple of times and I did. She quickly agreed to send out my order again and when I asked what to do with the Buffy game I received by mistake, she said "Use it as a coaster." Guess I'll get to check out one of the Buffy games after all. It looks like someone just mispacked a couple of orders so I wonder what the reaction of the person who received my order was.[/quote]

That person's probably wondering where his/her Buffy game is. :lol:

i saw nothing but gutted games of everything. guess they are getting ready to sell all that stuff as used

anyone trade in a ds lite? i think it should go for 90. is that a cheap ass deal?

I just received my order after a f up by them and I need help with something.

I ordered The replacement killers, Young guns and Ultimate avengers. The movies I ordered are shrink wrapped. Every other UMD I bought from them was cellophane wrapped. Are the movies I bought used? I called and was told if I ordered new then they should be but it's at the packers discreation, whatever that meant? If anybody else ordered any of these movies could you give me a heads up on what's going on?

Thanks for any help in advance.

The good: Received an email stating that my redo order shipped. Due to arrive tomorrow.

The bad: My two copies of Castlevania Double Pack were not included. The order to replace my order which I never received included a price of 0.00 for each game including the Castlevanias which were listed as Not Shipped. I received a second email stating that part of my order was cancelled which of course meant the CDPs.

The UGLY: The games listed as cancelled are the ones listed as $0.00 not the "previous" order which was 14.99 which makes it look like they don't plan on refunding me.

I can't check my CC at work so I don't know if they have already credited my account, but I'll probably have a fun call to make tomorrow. Do they try to make nice (like a giftcard or something) when they FUBAR something like this or is their attitude more like your lucky to get your money back?

[quote name='jdawgg76']The good: Received an email stating that my redo order shipped. Due to arrive tomorrow.

The bad: My two copies of Castlevania Double Pack were not included. The order to replace my order which I never received included a price of 0.00 for each game including the Castlevanias which were listed as Not Shipped. I received a second email stating that part of my order was cancelled which of course meant the CDPs.

The UGLY: The games listed as cancelled are the ones listed as $0.00 not the "previous" order which was 14.99 which makes it look like they don't plan on refunding me.

I can't check my CC at work so I don't know if they have already credited my account, but I'll probably have a fun call to make tomorrow. Do they try to make nice (like a giftcard or something) when they FUBAR something like this or is their attitude more like your lucky to get your money back?[/QUOTE]

It's a "your lucky to get your money back" deal. I swear, after the last two orders I placed with them and they were both f:ed up, I will never buy from them again.

Well after my Castlevania didnt ship cause it was out of stock they just charged me for the UMD i ordered, so more than likely you will also be only charged for the items that shipped.:lol:

FYI.....They dropped the trade in value of a Gamecube system...its now $10 (although the $20 "bonus" credit is still in effect) so the total trade in value through the 17th is $30....They also dropped the price on Used Gamecubes so they are now only $50...nice, once the trade in bonus expires, they'll be offering a credit value of 1/5th of their selling price.

Well, this sale turned into a bust for me as I returned the two games I bought last week (Outrun and Worms for the PSP). I picked up Outrun for the same price with less valuable Gamecrazy credit (their normal price is $9.99) and Worms I figured wasn't worth $15 considering I have the XBLA version and Worms 2 is coming out for PSP soon enough (then I'll wait a year for a price drop ;)).

I was surprised that they still had just about everything they had when I was there 10 days ago. In particular, they still have multiple sealed FF XII CE and Champions Return to Arms. I found that pretty surprising. The only thing that looked about half empty was the UMD section - which, to me, is another surprise considering the crapfest of movies that consisted of.

It seems they really aren't moving this stuff - wonder if they'll increase the discount at some point?

Edit - Oh yeah, I forgot, they are going to gut them and sell them as used... Seems a shame for those sealed FF XII and Return to Arms to sully them all like that ;).

I picked up castlevania curse of darkness for the ps2 for $9.99 today. 50% off 19.99. things were pretty well picked over. wouldnt have minded getting the gba crash/spyro games but the $14.99 price seemed like too much.

on a side note they had rygrar for the ps2 used for $6.99. worth it?

[quote name='monkeydeew']will the umds get gutted and sold as used as part of buy 2 get 1 free like dvds?[/QUOTE]

They dont usually have a specific B2G1 for umds. And they'll still sell them as new if the gut them, but it seems like all 3 GS I went to had UMDs sealed and in their own display with the "$4.99 UMDs"

A lot of the games on sale at my local gamestop where in a bin and had multiple gutted copies. I really don't understand why they would go through the trouble if they are going to be in a bin, rather than on a display shelf.

[quote name='anotherpoorgamer']A lot of the games on sale at my local gamestop where in a bin and had multiple gutted copies. I really don't understand why they would go through the trouble if they are going to be in a bin, rather than on a display shelf.[/QUOTE]

Its just their friendly way of telling you they presume all their customers are probably thieves....I have one around me that even gutted all the $5 UMDs they have for the sale.

[quote name='K_G']Its just their friendly way of telling you they presume all their customers are probably thieves....I have one around me that even gutted all the $5 UMDs they have for the sale.[/quote]

My thinking was that should have just kept the extra copies in the behind the counter or in the backroom, leaving one gutted copy all the time on the sales floor.

On a whim, I asked a GS employee if they had any Castlevania Double Packs. There weren't any in the sale bins, but it showed up in the system online. That was a few days ago, though, so I thought they had sold out.

I was wrong. Sitting in the drawer was not one but three copies. Turns out the store had them from before the sale and forgot to put them out with the stock they got in specifically for the sale.

I bought it, but thought about returning it (I'll probably never get around to playing it). Instead, I put it up for trade.

Oh, for Richmond CAGers, it was the Gamestop in Mechanicsville (Hanover Plaza/Square/whatever), and they should still have a couple left.

Heh, didn't even know about this sale till I hit EB at the mall yesterday, I rarely go down there since EB has become a place I rarely, if ever need to get my games at. I found a copy of KOF 06 for $15, which was cheap enough to persuade me to get it. I'm a sucker for KOF games, and this one got great reviews. They still had the bins full though with everything on the list about, despite some decent games in there.

[quote name='omegaweapon7']anyone knows if the $20 bonus applies to gbaSP and psone trade ins?[/QUOTE]
Not on the ps1 (they won't take it)
Should work on the SP, but I noticed the yesterday the $20 bonus credit signs weren't hanging in the two stores I visited....but the offer is still being listed as available on the website
http://www.ebgames.com/gs/gamedays/gd_coupons.asp

[quote name='omegaweapon7']anyone knows if the $20 bonus applies to gbaSP and psone trade ins?[/quote]
I traded in a gbaSP and a micro on Thursday (6/7) and got a bonus of $20 on each of them. I had called ahead and asked the manager of my local EB if the bonus would work for those systems. He told me yes. When I went in the computer wouldn't give the bonuses but he did an override since I had called beforehand. So YMMV.

I also traded in 14 GBA games and in total ended up with over $180 in store credit. Not too shabby!

I have a question. I bought a game at one Gamestop and want to exchange it but at a different Gamestop closer to me.Will they honor it?

We receieved an email today saying that the Game Days sale will be extended beyond June 17th, but no end date was given. Im going to assume it will go on an extra week though.

[quote name='pammyspyce']I traded in a gbaSP and a micro on Thursday (6/7) and got a bonus of $20 on each of them. I had called ahead and asked the manager of my local EB if the bonus would work for those systems. He told me yes. When I went in the computer wouldn't give the bonuses but he did an override since I had called beforehand. So YMMV.

I also traded in 14 GBA games and in total ended up with over $180 in store credit. Not too shabby![/quote]

how much does a micro trade in? before and after bonus?

Well,today I bought:
Champions: Return to Arms - $15
Popoliciris - $10
Castlevania Curse of Darkness - $10

and at Circuit City,I bought:
Super Mario Strkers - $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back