GS/EB: Memorial Day Sale: Online Now! 5/26-6/17 Complete Ad Posted

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoony 1337

CAG Veteran
CheapyD Edit:
Below are links to the complete ad. Sale starts Friday evening online and Saturday in stores. Check out those $5 UMDs!
Entire Ad

Online Offers:
Xbox 360 - Xbox
PS3 - PS2 - PSP - UMD
DS - GBA - GameCube
PC
Accessories
Trade-in offers

Here is a list of games that will be marked down in an upcoming Gamestop/EB Games sale.

http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3060/sale1zk0.jpg

http://img103.imageshack.us/img103/8705/sale2nk8.jpg

Enjoy.

[quote name='reibeatall']Look at the first 2 digits of the SKUs.

16 = GBA
18 = DS
19 = PSP
20 = XB360
21 = Xbox
22 = GameCube
27 = PS3
28 = PS2
64 = PC
80 = Accessories.
[/quote]
Alpha list, thanks to CocheseUGA:
In Alpha order:

Final Fantasy VII Advent Children 25%

Game Boy Advance
Cars 25%
Castlevania Double Pack 50%
Crash Bandicoot 2: N-Tranced 50%
Crash: Huge Adventure 64mb 3k EEPROm 25%
Crash/Spyro Superpack Purple + Orange 25%
Crash Superpack – Crash 2 + CNK 25%
Naruto II: Ninja Council 25%
Open Season 33%
Shrek 2/ Madagascar Bundle 25%
Sonic the Hedgehog Genesis 25%
Teen Titans 33%

Nintendo DS
Age of Empires 25%
Brain Boost Beta 25%
Brain Boost Gamma 25%
Cars 25%
Crash Boom Bang 25%
Dragon Ball Z: Supersonic Warriors 2 25%
Flushed Away 25%
Open Season 25%
Phoenix Wright 33%
Sonic Rush 25%
Superman 25%
Super Monkey Ball: Touch & Roll 25%

Sony PSP
Activision Hits Remixed 25%
Armored Core: Formula Front 50%
Bust-a-Move Deluxe 60%
Cars 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Dragon Ball Z: Shin Budokai 25%
Open Season 25%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 50%
PoPoLoCrois 50%
Sega Genesis Collection 25%
Sonic Rivals 25%
Worms: Open Warfare 25%

Xbox 360
Chromehounds 25%
Condemmed 33%
Fear 33%
Quake 4 50%

Xbox
25 to Life 25%
Bards Tale: Song of the Bard 50%
Battlefield 2: Modern Combat 50%
Capcom Classics Collection 25%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Counter Strike (PH) (BC) 50%
Crime Life: Gang Wars 50%
Destroy All Humans 50%
FIFA 07 50%
Fight Night Round 2 50%
Flatout (BC) 50%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harry Potter Goblet of Fire (BC) 50%
Hunter: The Reckoning Redeemer 50%
Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction 50%
Jaws Unleashed 25%
Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning 33%
Medal of Honor: European Assault (BC) 50%
NASCAR 2006: Total Team Control 60%
NASCAR 07 50%
NFS: Carbon 33%
Open Season 25%
Real World Golf 50%
Scarface 33%
Shattered Union 50%
Shrek 2/ Shark Tale Combo 25%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Soul Calibur II (PH) 50%
Spongebob: Lights, Camera, Pants! 50%
SSX 3 (PH) (BC) 33%
Superman (Returns?) 25%
Tiger Woods 07 50%
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2: Bush (PH) (BC) 33%

Gamecube
Cars 25%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Flushed Away 25%
Harvest Moon: Another Wonderful Life 50%
Legend of Spyro 33%
Naruto Clash of Ninja 50%
NFS: Most Wanted 33%
Open Season 25%
Sims 2: Pets 33%
Sonic Adventure DX: Director’s Cut 50%
Sonic Heroes 33%
Sonic Riders 50%

Playstation 3
Genji: Days of the Blade 25%
Full Auto 2 25%
NBA 07 25%
Playstation 2
24: The Game 50%
25 to Life 25%
Armored Core: Last Raven 50%
Blitz: the League 50%
Cabela’s Dangerous Hunts 50%
Cars 25%
Castlevania: Curse of Darkness 50%
Champions: Return to Arms 50%
Crash Nitro Kart (GH) 25%
Crash Tag Team Racing 50%
Crash Twinsanity 25%
Crash WOC 25%
Delta Force: Black Hawk Down 25%
Dragon Quest VIII 25%
Dynasty Warriors 5 50%
Ed, Edd n Eddy 50%
Family Feud 25%
Final Fantasy XII CE 25%
GTA: San Andreas 25%
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life SE 50%
History Channel Civil War 33%
Indigo Prophecy 50%
KOF 2006 50%
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude 25%
Need for Speed - ??? 50%
Masashi: Samauri Legend 50%
Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks 50%
MX Unleashed 50%
Outrun 2006 Coast 2 Coast 25%
Real World Golf 50%
RPG Maker III 50%
Rumble Roses 50%
Scarface 33%
Shadow the Hedgehog 50%
Sims 50%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Sonic Riders 50%
Sopranos 50%
Spider-Man 2 50%
Spongebob: Battle for Bikini Bottom 50%
Spyro: A Hero’s Tail 25%
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly 25%
SSX Tricky 50%

PC
Condemmed 50%
Diablo II 50%
Diablo II Expansion 50%
Guild Wars Online: Nightfall 50%
King’s Quest Compliation 50%
Magic the Gathering: Battle Grounds (Permanent Markdown)
Medieval 2: Total War 25%
Movies, The 25%
Rise of Nations 75%
Sonic Heroes 50%
Space Quest Compliation 50%
StarCraft 50%
WarCraft III Expansion 50%

Accessories
DS/GBA Universal Mini Pak 50%
DS Lite Play Pak 33%
DS Pro Tec Kit 50%
PS2 NBA Controllers 50%
PS2 Wireless 2pack 50%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS2 Wireless Guitar 33%
PS3 Component Cable 33%
PSP MS 2GB 50%
PSP Pro Tec Kit 50%
PSP Theatre Experience 50%
XB360 Charge Kit 50%
XB360 Component Cable 33%
XB360 Cooler 50%
XB360 DriveFX Logitech Wheel 33%
XB360 Inteligent Remote 50%
XB360 Multi-Hub 50%
Wii Component Cable 33%
Wii Fan Stand 50%
Wii Memory SD 2GB 50%
Wii Sports Pack 50%

[quote name='elmyra']Did the B2G1 on XBox games end Sunday? I called a local GameStop and that's what they told me, but employees have given me bad information before.[/quote]

B2G1 on XB and DVD's ended Sunday. B2G1 on all used games is coming back next Sunday: June 3 to June 9.

[quote name='Mugen Power']For those who've already gone to the store and saw or picked up a copy of Dragon Quest VIII, were they the Greatest Hits version?[/quote]I saw some in the store and they're not GH. They're the cardboard boxed version. Maybe I should've picked it up >_

Managed to pick up a new, non-gutted version of FFXII CE for $23.xx after using a $10 giftcard I had. They had 3 at the location I went to so I was happy since I called a different location yesterday and they were sold out.

Also picked up an original case + manual to Shenmue II. I bought the game used a couple of weeks ago with one of those generic Gamestop cases and it really bugged me since I like to have the real deal and take care of my stuff. They had a real case at this other location today and the guys gave it to me free after I explained that I was willing to pay for this new version and return the old case version. They said the casing doesn't matter to them so I got it for free. :D

If anyone has an original case and/or instruction manual to Panzer Dragoon Orta, I'd be willing to buy that from them. Picked up a used copy with Shenmue II and it was also in a generic case. :bomb:

[quote name='Cleaner7']Managed to pick up a new, non-gutted version of FFXII CE for $23.xx after using a $10 giftcard I had. They had 3 at the location I went to so I was happy since I called a different location yesterday and they were sold out.

Also picked up an original case + manual to Shenmue II. I bought the game used a couple of weeks ago with one of those generic Gamestop cases and it really bugged me since I like to have the real deal and take care of my stuff. They had a real case at this other location today and the guys gave it to me free after I explained that I was willing to pay for this new version and return the old case version. They said the casing doesn't matter to them so I got it for free. :D

If anyone has an original case and/or instruction manual to Panzer Dragoon Orta, I'd be willing to buy that from them. Picked up a used copy with Shenmue II and it was also in a generic case. :bomb:[/quote]

Awesome games man! I have one each of both games still sealed and brand new! They're like two of my cherished possessions. I keep thinking I want to play them but at the same time I want to leave them sealed.

[quote name='Mugen Power']For those who've already gone to the store and saw or picked up a copy of Dragon Quest VIII, were they the Greatest Hits version?[/QUOTE]

I have only seen the sealed boxed non-GH version (at three different GSs)

[quote name='Jonathan360']Awesome games man! I have one each of both games still sealed and brand new! They're like two of my cherished possessions. I keep thinking I want to play them but at the same time I want to leave them sealed.[/QUOTE]

LOL. From what I hear they are great games and you should definitely play them. Maybe rent them if you don't want to open your sealed copies.

I've been trying to buy older games during the summer games draught. Recently picked up Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. And a couple of months ago I bought Psychonauts, Otogi 1, and Mercenaries (sealed) for Xbox. Still looking for Jet Set Radio Future and a few other games.

P.S. I'm a girl.

[quote name='Cleaner7']LOL. From what I hear they are great games and you should definitely play them. Maybe rent them if you don't want to open your sealed copies.

I've been trying to buy older games during the summer games draught. Recently picked up Ico and Shadow of the Colossus. And a couple of months ago I bought Psychonauts, Otogi 1, and Mercenaries (sealed) for Xbox. Still looking for Jet Set Radio Future and a few other games.

P.S. I'm a girl.[/quote]

Jet Set Radio I am looking for as well. I wanted a new copy to go with my collection. I have Crazy Taxi III as well, though that is not compatible on my 360 sadly. Guess I'm just a huge Sega fan. And it doesn't matter if you're a girl or not (though it makes me feel weird liking these games that a girl likes) lol. And I apologize for saying "man." Jus so used to saying that on videogame boards!

[quote name='reibeatall']It actually ended yesterday.[/quote]
Oh well, I'll just wait until next Sunday. Thanks (also to GLOCKGLOCK) for the confirmation.

[quote name='Jonathan360']Jet Set Radio I am looking for as well. I wanted a new copy to go with my collection. I have Crazy Taxi III as well, though that is not compatible on my 360 sadly. Guess I'm just a huge Sega fan. And it doesn't matter if you're a girl or not (though it makes me feel weird liking these games that a girl likes) lol. And I apologize for saying "man." Jus so used to saying that on videogame boards![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I've been looking for the games added to the latest 360 BC list and it's definitely difficult finding them. Just beat Indigo Prophecy yesterday and I can say I love that game!

You shouldn't feel weird liking games that a girl likes, especially with me. I love all games, including "boy games" such as Gears of War, God of War, Halo, Onimusha, etc.

Now back on topic, thanks for posting this deal OP! I've been wanting FFXII CE and can't wait to dig into it this week. Now if only I could've gotten KH2 at Circuit City...

[quote name='Cleaner7']I love all games...[/QUOTE]

Really? That's...strange. I'd never make that claim. There are several genres of games that I wouldn't play if I was paid to do so. There are also some games that are just so generally poor, that I feel as though I'm owed several minutes of my life back from the developers for having tried their product. Think of games like these as the video game equivalent of "3000 Miles to Graceland."

You love *all* games? I'm sure that you didn't honestly mean that to be all-inclusive.

[quote name='boagman']Really? That's...strange. I'd never make that claim. There are several genres of games that I wouldn't play if I was paid to do so. There are also some games that are just so generally poor, that I feel as though I'm owed several minutes of my life back from the developers for having tried their product. Think of games like these as the video game equivalent of "3000 Miles to Graceland."

You love *all* games? I'm sure that you didn't honestly mean that to be all-inclusive.[/QUOTE]

Haha. No, that wasn't all inclusive. Never figured someone to take that so literally. That was a really general statement. I'd like to think that I'm willing to try new, different games out and really enjoy those unique experiences. For example, Psychonauts and Indigo Prophecy were unique games that I greatly enjoyed.

[quote name='Cleaner7']Haha. No, that wasn't all inclusive. Never figured someone to take that so literally. That was a really general statement. I'd like to think that I'm willing to try new, different games out and really enjoy those unique experiences. For example, Psychonauts and Indigo Prophecy were unique games that I greatly enjoyed.[/QUOTE]

Ah, gotcha. Well, the only real reason I went there was that you categorized "boy games" and I thought that was a bit odd, in and of itself. Wasn't trying to be a twerp or anything, but I *had* to know if you meant what you said. You never know...there are thousands and thousands of people for whom "That's So Raven" is a title they'd buy, play, and defend.

[quote name='boagman']Ah, gotcha. Well, the only real reason I went there was that you categorized "boy games" and I thought that was a bit odd, in and of itself. Wasn't trying to be a twerp or anything, but I *had* to know if you meant what you said. You never know...there are thousands and thousands of people for whom "That's So Raven" is a title they'd buy, play, and defend.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I see. It's because that other guy said that it felt weird liking the same games as a girl so I responded by saying that I enjoy "all" games. Basically saying that I don't just like games that appeal to girls and do enjoy other games that people usually associate with boys/guys. Let's just say I dislike bad games and That's So Raven would be included in that. :)

I seem to be in an RTS mood with all these deals, does anyone know where i can get age of mythology w/ expansion and rise of nations Thrones and Patriots?

Question: how many people are finding these games still sealed, and how many have seen them where the store has gutted them all? I ask because one location i stopped by yesterday has them all sealed up factory fresh (picked up Harvest Moon another...GC for $10), and the next had opened every one and put all the merchandising stickers right on the case. This gets on my nerves, and it's one reason why I quit dealing with Gamestop. Something just tweaks me about paying for a "new" game and getting it opened and covered with a ton of nasty stickers. Not to mention it's their way of saying "welcome to our store, now keep your hands off our merchandise you grubby little thief". Every other retailer keeps cheap games out in the open, but Gamestop assumes we're all shoplifters.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']Question: how many people are finding these games still sealed, and how many have seen them where the store has gutted them all? I ask because one location i stopped by yesterday has them all sealed up factory fresh (picked up Harvest Moon another...GC for $10), and the next had opened every one and put all the merchandising stickers right on the case. This gets on my nerves, and it's one reason why I quit dealing with Gamestop. Something just tweaks me about paying for a "new" game and getting it opened and covered with a ton of nasty stickers. Not to mention it's their way of saying "welcome to our store, now keep your hands off our merchandise you grubby little thief". Every other retailer keeps cheap games out in the open, but Gamestop assumes we're all shoplifters.[/QUOTE]
Out of three stores nearby (Newnan, GA), none were gutting the clearance games or UMDs.

"new" at gamestop/eb is what i consider used. unless the game is sealed in the plastic, it's not new.. especially since store employees are allowed to play the games. this is the equivalent of giving me a slice of pizza but licking it first

i don't know why they don't just leave one empty box out on display and keep all the sealed games in the back or behind the counter. some of the games i picked up were sealed.. other i saw were the typical opened, stickered disasters.

Went to one of the three Gamestops nearby to see what they had. They seemed to have everything, but they gutted 90% of the games. I asked if they had any sealed Quake 4, which they did surprisingly. They had some gutted and stickered Castlevania packs and none sealed, so I passed.

All the games I purchased were new and sealed as well. All of the games were in three seperate cardboard bins near the register. They had everything I wanted to buy, which I was happy about. This was in Avon Commons EB in Avon, Ohio.

When I got to the Jefferson Pointe Fort Wayne EB at about 10:10 on Saturday morning, the manager guy came in and told the two guys working to take select stuff (i.e. the more expensive stuff) out of the bins and gut it.

Most of the rest were sealed, but there were a few gutted games here and there - if fact, I didn't notice until I paid that my son had grabbed an opened Shadow the Hedgehog for the PS2, so I turned to the bin and swapped it for a sealed one.

I dunno if this is YMMV but I bought Red Star (Ps2) it was 25% off. And I diddn't see it on the list. Oh and I also picked up Scarface.

I noticed on the Resdient Evil 4 PC version the awful yellow "This game contains copyright technology that may blahblahblah" warning, right under system requirements. I thought Ubisoft had sworn off Starforce a year ago? Or is it different protection software?

All of the copies at my EB were gutted, but since they were just robbed a few weeks ago, I can't really blame them (They're not in the best place in town). They did offer to shrink wrap my KOF2006 for me, though.

[quote name='sprintsucks5892']They did offer to shrink wrap my KOF2006 for me, though.[/QUOTE]

hahah, what, that'll make it new? they've got some balls.

Yeah they had a disc only viewtiful joe and said well we can make you a case then they used one of those generic dvd cases with white paper and wrote Viewtiful joe PS2 on it lol... I told them to keep it..

It looked like most of the games were still wrapped and sealed at the 4 EB/GS/EBX stores I went to. Nnot every store had everything I wanted and I was looking to see which one had a copy of DQ VIII in the best condition. I didn't pay too close attention as I only looked for the stuff I wanted but it seemed like pretty much everything was still sealed. However, 1 of those stores cut the seal on their copies of DQVIII for some reason (the game inside was still shrinkwrapped) and I noticed another game that still had the Sony sticker seal on it but no wrap.

[quote name='Mugen Power']It looked like most of the games were still wrapped and sealed at the 4 EB/GS/EBX stores I went to. Nnot every store had everything I wanted and I was looking to see which one had a copy of DQ VIII in the best condition. I didn't pay too close attention as I only looked for the stuff I wanted but it seemed like pretty much everything was still sealed. However, 1 of those stores cut the seal on their copies of DQVIII for some reason (the game inside was still shrinkwrapped) and I noticed another game that still had the Sony sticker seal on it but no wrap.[/QUOTE]
FWIW, the manual could have been removed from that copy of DW VIII because it is contained within the slip case and not the shrink-wrapped inner case.

[quote name='iamthekiller']"new" at gamestop/eb is what i consider used. unless the game is sealed in the plastic, it's not new.. especially since store employees are allowed to play the games. this is the equivalent of giving me a slice of pizza but licking it first

i don't know why they don't just leave one empty box out on display and keep all the sealed games in the back or behind the counter. some of the games i picked up were sealed.. other i saw were the typical opened, stickered disasters.[/QUOTE]
Most EB/GS stores do just that: One gutted copy to represent many sealed copies. When some stores open more or all copies of a specific game for a sale like this (due to the risks of putting them in a bargain bin), it's not like they are all huddled around waiting to [Play your Disc/Lick your Pizza] the moment it leaves the package. How can they play 30 copies of Final Fantasy XII Collector's Edition and make saves on every copy of Phoenix Wright? They did all that damage with the initial gutted copy. Now, I can't stand it when it's the last copy and gutted is the only choice or if it was a Collector's Edition that should have been sealed in the display case all along, but if I saw Castlevania Double Pack there like that, I totally would not mind buying it that way. Sure, there's a certain fun to opening your games, but that's now what you're paying for even when you buy new (I'm just looking for assurance that it really is new and the sale has pretty good odds). Gutted Nintendo PIN code games are a big no-no for me. Today, I found that they left the Steam key for Half-Life 2 Holiday 2006 edition in the two gutted packages. With a Steam game, the disc is just a freebie to speed installation and the code is all anyone needs. What the hell was the point of gutting the discs and leaving the key?! The clerk just said "Yeah, we know how Steam games work and we take care of it." but he still just gave me a stupid look when I tried to hand him the cases and asked him to take care of it then.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']I noticed on the Resdient Evil 4 PC version the awful yellow "This game contains copyright technology that may blahblahblah" warning, right under system requirements. I thought Ubisoft had sworn off Starforce a year ago? Or is it different protection software?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, just the usual blacklist virtual drives / CD imaging tools and the obligatory CD checks with SecuROM stuff is likely too (nothing that takes over your computer). They just don't want you to buy it with the assumption that you have the right to back it up like traditional PC software. Though SecuROM and such is perfectly copyable, circumventing it violates the DMCA and that is all the protection they need.

[quote name='CZroe']FWIW, the manual could have been removed from that copy of DW VIII because it is contained within the slip case and not the shrink-wrapped inner case.[/quote]

The manual was in both cases that were at that store. I actually bought one of the copies in case I couldn't find it at the other stores since that was the first one I went to. When I got to the 3 other EB/GS/EBX in the same shopping area, they all had copies of them BUT were all sealed. However, they were all a little more worn than the unsealed one I bought, not that the one I had was in the best condition. But I ended up exchanging my unsealed one for a sealed one at EBX. The girl working there didn't really seem to believe me that the Gamestop would open the games because she said she used to work at GS and they don't do that (even though I've bought something gutted before from the GS she said she used to worked at that). But after thinking about it for little bit, she did the exchange.

Anyway, if anyone's looking for a copy of DQ VIII and the seal is broken, check inside to make sure the instruction book is in there.

I went to the gamestop here in phillipsburg, NJ I got Armored Core and the genesis replay for the PSP. They had the genesis game on the shelf and the clerk was supprised that it was part of the sale. I wanted quake for the 360, but they was sold out.

1st post!!!!

The three EB/GS locations I've been to on Long Island had all of their games sealed and fresh, nothing otherwise. The only differences between stores was that one had the UMDs in their own display and available (unavailable/not stickered in the other stores), they all had differing stock, and one location kept all of the 360 Sale titles behind the counter since grabby hands and theft tend to be pretty big around here.

[quote name='scottman']I guess this doesn't help those who already bought it from EB, but circuit city seems to sell the rise of nations gold edition for 9.99 once in a while. If you want that version and can wait (and hope they do it again), they have done that already probably twice in the last 6 months.[/QUOTE]
Actually the Circuitcitys seem to be selling the jewel case version of Rise of Nations for 9.99

[quote name='Heavy Hitter']When I got to the Jefferson Pointe Fort Wayne EB at about 10:10 on Saturday morning, the manager guy came in and told the two guys working to take select stuff (i.e. the more expensive stuff) out of the bins and gut it.[/quote]

I think this is what they did at the one I went to as well. Out of all the games I bought, the only one that was gutted was DW5, which was the most expensive one I bought (it was $25, compared to all the other games I bought being $15 or less). To their credit, the guy there tried looking for a sealed copy, but he couldn't find one (not surprising since all ten copies in the bin were gutted).

I hate getting them gutted, but I didn't want to go to another one just to have it have gutted copies as well. The disc looks perfect though, and the only real problem was the residue left by the annoying sticker they had on the case (not the price sticker, but the "GAME DAYS 50% OFF" one).

I hate getting them gutted, but I didn't want to go to another one just to have it have gutted copies as well. The disc looks perfect though, and the only real problem was the residue left by the annoying sticker they had on the case (not the price sticker, but the "GAME DAYS 50% OFF" one).[/quote]

GOO B GONE is your ally on this one.

Depending on the EBStop, not all games are gutted which makes me happy. The games I bought were not in the bins nor gutted. They were held where they hold all the games, sale or not. So obviously they weren't gutted. I went to 4 stores, but worth it since I really cannot stand gutted after some past incidents.

Wal-Mart, Target, and CC all sell Rise of Nations JC for $10. But I have yet to see the gold edition for sale at a B&M store for cheap

Sigh...I caved in MAJORLY and bought one of the two sealed FFXII from my local gamestop. Luckily, I live in a totally brand spanking new neighborhood, and they build a totally huge brand spanking new deserted shopping center, and the gamestop there sees about 0 traffic daily, so it was an easy pickup. Heck the store opened two weeks ago, but fortunately I guess CEs of FFXII were something they had. I'll keep it sealed for a while until I finish other games (I recently commandeered my bro's ps2, so I need to get some good games and try the system out for the first time "in the twilight of its life", no less).

Anyways, thanks to you bastards for making me cave in (and a more sincere thanks to the OP).

I finally decided to check this sale out late Monday afternoon. The closest GS had 2 bins full of games. Most were still sealed, including 5 copies of FF XII CE - joke was on me for buying this at release and not yet playing it :bomb:. At least I was able to get $10 back (when it was offered with a $10 GC during Black Friday). I also saw several Return to Arms (thought that would be gone for sure) and just about every other game it seems...

All I bought was Worms and Outrun for PSP. I may return Worms though if it is no different than the XBLA version (which I have). Does anyone know?

I got Rise of Nations and Indigo Prophecy for PC today.

Rise of Nations is pretty good, only played the tutorial mission, and Indigo Prophecy is pretty amazing. Too bad it's the PS2 version, has lots of audio bugs and textures are blurrier than I remember the xbox version being. Still a good game i never gave a chance when i originally bought it.

[quote name='io']
All I bought was Worms and Outrun for PSP. I may return Worms though if it is no different than the XBLA version (which I have). Does anyone know?[/QUOTE]
Looking at the Gamespot reviews for them both, it seems that the PSP version actually has more weapons and maps, but I'm not sure what the exact differences are.

[quote name='Arkay Firestar']How much was FFXII CE when released, btw? More than 49.99?[/QUOTE]

Indeed, it was $60 and was pushed by the EB/GS clerks as being "limited" so you had to preorder it to guarantee a copy, yadda, yadda, yadda. I wouldn't have done it at all if it wasn't for all the credit I built up with the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal (combined with cheap or free games from Best Buy ;)). But, man, it would have been nice if it was at least *somewhat* limited. I mean, pretty soon this will be bargain bin fodder. I have a feeling they are sitting on tons more of these in a warehouse somewhere :lol:.

icruise - thanks, I'll read through some reviews (though they never tend to have enough detail). What the XBLA version really lacks is much of a single-player mode. There's just the 20 challenges and the achievements to unlock. I've done all that already without playing it too much. If the PSP has nothing more to get through than the same challenges or lacks things to unlock (since it doesn't have the achieveements for sure) then it won't be too appealing. I would only be playing it single-player (since it is just local wireless and I don't know anyone else with a PSP).

[quote name='jer7583']I got Rise of Nations and Indigo Prophecy for PC today.

Rise of Nations is pretty good, only played the tutorial mission, and Indigo Prophecy is pretty amazing. Too bad it's the PS2 version, has lots of audio bugs and textures are blurrier than I remember the xbox version being. Still a good game i never gave a chance when i originally bought it.[/QUOTE]

I remember looking forward to Indigo Prophecy when it first came out, but I didn't really have the money to buy it at the time. Finally rented it from GameFly and beat it this weekend. Wish I would've supported this game when it came it. It is definitely amazing!

[quote name='io']Indeed, it was $60 and was pushed by the EB/GS clerks as being "limited" so you had to preorder it to guarantee a copy, yadda, yadda, yadda. I wouldn't have done it at all if it wasn't for all the credit I built up with the trade 3 get an extra $10 deal (combined with cheap or free games from Best Buy ). But, man, it would have been nice if it was at least *somewhat* limited. I mean, pretty soon this will be bargain bin fodder. I have a feeling they are sitting on tons more of these in a warehouse somewhere .[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hate when a product is pushed as "Limited" and then a year later you can find it new in bargain bins for 1/2 or 1/3 of the price. Also, there is a difference between Limited and Collector's Editions. From what I gather, CEs aren't as limited, they are just nicer versions with extras. They aren't run as fully as the regular editions, but more are run than LEs. I could be wrong, but that's just what I've noticed so far with all these 360 LEs and CEs.

The only reason I didn't buy FFXII CE when it came out was because I was broke and wasn't sure if it'd be that good. Finally picked it up this weekend for $30.

Did anyone pick up the $10 Wii stand? The one that lights up and adds and extra fan. I was wondering if it says Gamestop on it because the IGN review shows that it does in some pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back