GS: PSOne w/ 5" LCD screen is 29.99

NolbertoS

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I heard this on GAF, and I hope this is a true deal, as this thing is OOS in most other places. Can anybody who works at GS confirm this deal, as the person from GAF said it's being clearanced. Also can somebody provide the SKU so I can located the deal around my area, as PSOne stuff are hard to find nowadays.

Anyone know if you can still pick up the Sony brand car adapter kits for these anymore? The only reason I want to pick this up is if I can play it on the road. Hopefully I'll be able to find one nearby. :O

I stopped by a gs while i was running errands and asked...the ass hat behind the counter said and i am not kidding at all "OMG we havent had those in like ages, who wants to play a ps1 anyways" I know its not all people that work at GS, but it really seems like they look for the most antisocial losers ever to work there (for the most part there are some quality CAG that work there too).

I've never actually heard someone say OMG before...a part of me died.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']I stopped by a gs while i was running errands and asked...the ass hat behind the counter said and i am not kidding at all "OMG we havent had those in like ages, who wants to play a ps1 anyways" I know its not all people that work at GS, but it really seems like they look for the most antisocial losers ever to work there (for the most part there are some quality CAG that work there too).

I've never actually heard someone say OMG before...a part of me died.[/quote]

lol that's hella funny.

I saw one of these at the Gamestop in Everett, WA next to Target. I was going to get it, but I know I'll never use it.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']
I've never actually heard someone say OMG before...a part of me died.[/quote]

Wait, did he say "Oh my God" or "O.M.G." ... because if it was the latter then may god help him.

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I work at a GameStop, so I can confirm this deal. As of Thursday morning(04-10-08) all the PS ONE Systems BRAND NEW are $19.99, and the PS ONE Systems w/LCD Screen are $29.99. If you would like a system you can kindly ask an employee at GameStop to do a "SKU search" for you. I don't have the SKU on hand at the moment, but if you tell an employee to look up:

Description: PS ONE System
Department: 02

They should be able to find a store near you that might have one. If anyone lives in Minnesota I checked this morning and there was one store near the Mall of America with 4 left(I don't remember what city, but you can call your GameStop and they can check). There are no coupons that can further discount new systems. RARELY EVER would a GameStop discount a BRAND NEW system. They track that stuff on us, and if we ever maually override it we could get a first and final warning. Apparently, it's THAT serious. :hot:[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's near where I live. I'll have to check this out.

[quote name='supraazn']Wait, did he say "Oh my God" or "O.M.G." ... because if it was the latter then may god help him.[/quote]

It was "o.m.g" and at first i was angered by his comment...at this point i just feel bad for the guy.

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']I am working at GameStop tomorrow from 2PM-10PM. I am willing to do a store search for anyone that wants to leave their ZIP CODE. I know some employees at GameStops are lazy asses or asses in general, but I'm not one of them :applause:

I will be checking this thread tomorrow before I work, so leave your ZIP CODE if you want me to search and I'll post a reply tomorrow after work(10:15PMish).[/QUOTE]

Any chance you could check 12302 or 02215? Thanks in advance.

I just found one at a store in the boonies I frequent. They had 3 when I got there, and the manager was shocked when I asked for one. After seeing the price, he then picked up the other 2 for 'his collection'

Alright fellow CAGers, listen up. I wrote down everyone’s ZIP Code and compiled a list of them(as of 04-11-08 @ about 1:00pm). Anyone who has PMed me I will place your ZIP Code here too, WITHOUT your UserName(I think one of you didn’t want to show it for some reason). I know it only takes a few minutes to send the PM back, but I had a really long day, and I have a long one tomorrow too, so please bare with me here. I have listed the store that is closest to you by city, mileage and also placed its phone number(for your convienence). Store searches will look up for the closest store that has it in stock as of this morning. If you know there's one closer to you it only means that it was out of stock!

These are all PS ONE Systems WITH LCD screen. I didn't bother checking them without the screen. Just to quickly explain, the searches take 1-2 minutes each, and I can only look up one SKU at a time, factoring in that I was at work(trying to work and do this) alone, it got a little crazy. All of these locations had ONLY ONE as of this morning(unless I specifically stated). Store searches show me 1-3 in stock, 4-9 in stock or 10+ in stock. So, call them and have them hold one for you before you pick it up. Happy hunting! :bouncy:

14150 - Buffalo, NY - 3.1 Miles - (716)874-0316; Cheektowaga, NY - 8.7 Miles - (716)892-3846

33954 - Sarasota, FL - 31.9 Miles - (941)922-2117

17551 - Harrisburg, PA - 37.1 Miles (717)541-5580

90680 - Anaheim, CA - 7.9 Miles - (714)563-2322; Huntington, CA - 8.5 Miles - (714)378-9243

92111 - Next closest store was about 110+ Miles, Sorry >_<

30905 - Next closest store was about 74+ Miles, Sorry >_<

90034 - Los Angeles, CA - 6.5 Miles - (323)299-0987; Hawthorne, CA - 9 Miles - (310)727-9808

60120 - Geneva, IL - 12 Miles - (630)262-0766; Schaumburg, IL - 16.5 Miles - (847)240-5656 - HAS ~4-9 IN STOCK!

91344 - Panorama City, CA - 5.3 Miles - (818)893-1090

73131- Next closest store was about 71+ Miles, Sorry >_<

65802 - Springfield, MO - 4.5 Miles - (417)823-0434

48144 - Toledo, OH - 4 Miles - (419)843-4901 - HAS ~4-9 IN STOCK!; Holland, OH - 10.1 Miles - (419)861-0263

91765 - Covina, CA - 7 Miles - (626)858-9100; Brea, CA - 7.9 Miles - (714)256-2343
and
92708 - Costa Mesa, CA - 3.5 Miles - (714)557-6933; Huntington Beach, CA - 5.9 Miles - (714)378-9243

48197 - Ann Antar, MI - 3.9 Miles - (734)973-2941

98225 - This zip code provided is close enough to 98225. The store listed at 98221 was about 5 miles further than this zip.
and
98221 - Everett, WA - 48 Miles - (425)423-8644

94303 - San Leandro, CA - 19.1 Miles - (510)317-9590

02818 - North Kingstown, RI - 2.7 Miles - (401) 541-9006; Cranston, RI - 9.7 Miles - (401)944-1143

48161 - Toledo, OH - 14.3 Miles - (419)478-8270

74074 - Next closest store was about 50+ Miles, Sorry >_<

56001 - Mankato, MN - 0 Miles - (507)388-9986 - 10+ IN STOCK!

76017 - Arlington, TX - 7.3 Miles - (817)801-6636; Arlington, TX - 7.8 Miles - (817)801-6636

50111 - Des Moines, IA - 16.2 Miles - (515)287-7950

78218 - Next closest store was about 50+ Miles, Sorry >_<

I'm sorry to have missed the ones that posted after I left work. I am on an extremely tight schedule this weekend, and I unfortunately cannot do any more searches. I can tell you that an employee is obligated to help you if you ask them "Can you do a store search for a SONY PS ONE SYSTEM WITH LCD SCREEN". If an employee laughs at you or says OMG(that was too funny, he'd have been fired if he worked at my store), you can kindly ask for the District Manager's phone number. This is considered a red flag, and scares the crap out of employees. I haven't met an employee of GameStop who has heard this line and blown off a customer. You should never have to say this, but I guess some of the stories I've heard on here kinda irritated me, and I'll give you that little info to try on those "a-holes" :lol:

P.S. My aologies for getting this out so late, I didn't think it'd take almost an hour to type :whistle2:D

Let me be the first to say, thanks so much for all of your hard work :)

Hopefully we all can get one, this will be great to take on road trips :) thanks again

[quote name='Sharingan Tony']
92111 - Next closest store was about 110+ Miles, Sorry >_<

[/quote]

Thanks a lot man for your efforts, its really appreciated.

I'll take it as a good thing anyways.
Because i don't really need one of these, just thought it would be cool to have one and its a steal at the price.
But really its better that i got to save the $30.

Dammit I just wanted a screen...and the closest (searched last night) is a mere 4 states away!

Hmmm, anyone wanna keep the console, send me the screen for $ or game(s)?

Edit - wanted to add in i've got complete dibs on a Toledo one. I plan on waking up before store opening to get ready to call nonstop. >_> Gonna get one held for me til I can drive down.
Do you know if stores can get stock transfered? :D Otherwise I might make the Toledo drive tomorrow.

[quote name='yukafls']Is this hard to find?[/quote]

Hard to find in general?
No not really.

Worth it anymore in this gaming generation?
Again no not really.

But for 30 bucks? ... hell people have paid more for less.
The main thing is the screen. Its pretty small but still nice.
Just cool to have and again $30 its worth it to many people just for the hell of it.

oh, maybe I will check out my stores. I might try to trade any CAGs who want one. First things first though, I gotta find the system.

Yeah, no problem. I've visited here often, and don't get to post too many deals. Figured, I could try and help out since I see most of you guys post stuff before I can get on it(how do some of you get the price changes for GameStop without even working there? ;)). Good luck to all of you, and don't be afraid to be forward about asking for product. Most of the time a typical employee will set the phone down, and just dink around(without really looking), and tell you they're sold out. This happens often, just tell them that you are on the GameStop website, and it says they have one in stock(just lie to them since they're lying to you :lol:).

simply disgusting.
That fool stealfromcaggive2fw not only posted the 30$ combo for gamestop on fatwallet BUT he also stole and copy and paste Tony's zip code inventory check word for word too.
All this without a single word of credit.
He even changed the wording in his post to make it look like he checked those zip codes.
To think Tony's hard work being used like that is infuriating.
Alwell ... can't do much about scum like that.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=822556

now its on SD too.

[quote name='supraazn']simply disgusting.
That fool stealfromcaggive2fw not only posted the 30$ combo for gamestop on fatwallet BUT he also stole and copy and paste Tony's zip code inventory check word for word too.
All this without a single word of credit.
He even changed the wording in his post to make it look like he checked those zip codes.
To think Tony's hard work being used like that is infuriating.
Alwell ... can't do much about scum like that.

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?catid=18&threadid=822556

now its on SD too.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wasn't surprised. I forgot to Tell Tony that he should've just PM'ed everybody who was interested in the combo, that way prevent any FW/ SD posters from finding it, even than. The combo is rare to find that SD or FW posters would probably be wasting gas trying to locate them, if another person hasn't beaten them to the punch, based on Tony's list that almost all stores have only 1 in stock.

FW/SD members are bottom feeders. All they care about is making money while doing a poor job at it. Some of the things those members post makes me wonder if any of them have at least a highschool education. I mean, they ALWAYS steal our hard earned work (this case), coupon scans, and valuable info and give NO credit. And then when you call a member out, they try to lie about it. You know yourre a pathetic indiviudal when you lie to people about copying and pasting on message boards...

"stealfromcag...blah blah..." you can tell a person with that kind of name is going to go far in life.

[quote name='kevzik']FW/SD members are bottom feeders. All they care about is making money while doing a poor job at it. Some of the things those members post makes me wonder if any of them have at least a highschool education. I mean, they ALWAYS steal our hard earned work (this case), coupon scans, and valuable info and give NO credit. And then when you call a member out, they try to lie about it. You know yourre a pathetic indiviudal when you lie to people about copying and pasting on message boards...

"stealfromcag...blah blah..." you can tell a person with that kind of name is going to go far in life.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I wouldn't worry about it though, things happen, that's why most smart CAGers PM each other deals and which city and store they found it to prevent anybody from stealing a thread from CAG. I think that's the best full way to prevent any FW/SD person to steal the thread is just PM'ing deals locally to local posters or anybody who's inquiring in the thread.

[quote name='kevzik']FW/SD members are bottom feeders. All they care about is making money while doing a poor job at it. Some of the things those members post makes me wonder if any of them have at least a highschool education. I mean, they ALWAYS steal our hard earned work (this case), coupon scans, and valuable info and give NO credit. And then when you call a member out, they try to lie about it. You know yourre a pathetic indiviudal when you lie to people about copying and pasting on message boards...

"stealfromcag...blah blah..." you can tell a person with that kind of name is going to go far in life.[/quote]

Edit: I love how sd members value these "rep" points. Its a neat idea, but those guys act like its actually worth a damn in their life....sick.

Damn SD/FW I knew something like this was going to happen, its too bad CAG doesnt drop the ban hammer like GAF does.

Also angry posts on those sites wont help, scum never changes, so its better not to post in them at all so the topic doesn't get bumped to the font page.

Cool, I have a local EB that still had one of these a week ago.

EDIT - Oh, and if anyone wants to have a "Greasers vs Socs" rumble ala The Outsiders with SD/FW, count me in. I've got a length of chain down in my garage. Stay golden Ponyboy!

Story of epic win and sadness....
DSC00715.jpg

Win for Cag/Me
Sadness for hoarders/SDscum

Ann Arbor store on washtenaw is out...I didn't think they had any I had directions printed out to get to one of the stores in Toledo :) Good luck everyone

Thanks so much Sharingan Tony!!

Yea within an hour im heading to the Toledo store myself, i called and asked them to hold one, so I hope they did.. I'm not in much of a mood to have to glitter/magazine rack.

Generalization sucks. Not everyone at FW or SD is scum, many of them are CAG-ers as well. Internet sites are a reflection of real life in some ways...there are good people and scumbags in any mix. Good deals get copied from site to site, it happens in both directions.

Most people don't do it out of spite like the FW poster, though.

[quote name='Halo05']Cool, I have a local EB that still had one of these a week ago.

EDIT - Oh, and if anyone wants to have a "Greasers vs Socs" rumble ala The Outsiders with SD/FW, count me in. I've got a length of chain down in my garage. Stay golden Ponyboy![/quote]

lol

Damn, I'd love to find a couple of the screens by themselves.

Can't think of a cheaper way to let the kids watch the Zune in the car...

Congrats to those that succeeded.

But I just glanced at the SD thread.
Why would a cag post over there the deal came from "'cheapassgamer.com" ?
The damage is already done, why invite new noncontributing lurkers/cut n paste opportunists?

shakes head....

Comments like this on FW are the reason for my comment:
"51 stores w/in 24 miles from my zip. Looks like I'll be busy today. BTW, the OP is right. Brand new, these are going for $80+ on fleeflay."

I have accounts on both sites, and gotten quite a few things from both FW/SD, but when it comes to video game deals on there the majority of the people aren't parents getting things for their kids, its ebay scum buying everything up.

Also the screen looks freaking amazing!!! I had no idea i shoulda gotten one of these years ago

If there are any BUFFALO, NY Cagers I put the one at the Cheektowaga store on hold. Just an FYI. Not sure about the Delware/Buffalo one.

Thanks again Tony for that.

There is one a couple of towns over, and my friend at Gamestop said that she could try to get it to the store if I really wanted it.

[quote name='irishsoccermbw']Comments like this on FW are the reason for my comment:
"51 stores w/in 24 miles from my zip. Looks like I'll be busy today. BTW, the OP is right. Brand new, these are going for $80+ on fleeflay."
[/quote]

Right...but that comment was not written by everyone on FW. It was written by one person. There are eBayers here, too. It's not a site thing. It's an individual thing.

Anyone get one from one of the toledo stores? I was thinking about going down tomorrow and getting another as a backup but wanted to give everyone else a chance.

*edit* Also you can try calling 1-800-345-sony (on the yellow sheet in the package) they might be able to help you with the screen.

bread's done
Back