GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Buy it? I thought Microsoft was giving transfer cables out for free.

I'm gonna take my first gen 360 in for the trade. But I'm worried an uninformed employee will claim that the HD is part of the $100 trade in, or won't accept it without the ethernet cable or headset.

Apparently my store has one left, but I still need to track down my battery cases and my headset and get over there...hope I can.

Does anyone know if GS will test the USB ports on the unit? I just discovered today that that are not working. Since I never use them I know one of my kids had to have done something to them.

This deal becomes instantly not worth it to me if I am going to eat a refurb fee over USB drives.

I am torn I have a halo 360 unit I can trade or a recently aquired elite can the 25 for a game be combined with the offer?

I have smash, tatsun , new super mario for the wii. I can trade

Glad to see the topic reloaded.

Drove to GS near work after lunch, they got 8 but were sold out. Reserved mine and they'll be calling me next week when it arrives. Older guy named Bruce was super nice, store in Waukesha, WI on Sunset.

Console: $100
20GB HDD: $30
64MB Memory Card: $10
Charger Kit: $5
Total: $145

[quote name='jp0213']Officially they weren't doing it. Most places still aren't. Going to be YMMV. Also because the trade-in values wont activate unless there is a console on the other end of that trade to get the value. So pre-ordering the console wont get you those values.[/QUOTE]

My store in Hawaii got an email from Corporate last night telling them to take reservations and not sell them first-come-first-served anymore.

Hopefully my area will receive their shipments today...if not, then probably Monday.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Does anyone know if GS will test the USB ports on the unit? I just discovered today that that are not working. Since I never use them I know one of my kids had to have done something to them.

This deal becomes instantly not worth it to me if I am going to eat a refurb fee over USB drives.[/QUOTE]

It all depends on who you get. Like I mentioned a page or so back, they only checked for warranty stickers on mine, asked me if it worked and that was it.

[quote name='jorel']Glad to see the topic reloaded.

Drove to GS near work after lunch, they got 8 but were sold out. Reserved mine and they'll be calling me next week when it arrives. Older guy named Bruce was super nice, store in Waukesha, WI on Sunset.

Console: $100
20GB HDD: $30
64MB Memory Card: $10
Charger Kit: $5
Total: $145[/QUOTE]

So they took your console and gave you the deal even though they didn't have them in stock? Thanks for the info!

[quote name='evildeadjedi']Is the stylus and charger required for trade in of a ds?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.

[quote name='Blackjack13']So they took your console and gave you the deal even though they didn't have them in stock? Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

My GS said that they'd take the console as long as the deal lasts after I reserved mine.

Just got the information forward to me:

"gs is taking preorders. $50 deposit. they have a coupon code they can scan so you get bonus tiv on the preorder. wont apply automatically (for now) the store has to be on the ball and manually doing it. they are saying july 7th at definite re-stock date. i know of tons of stores getting restocked next week though."

This wasn't originally the case before the promo started. Guess the demand was higher than they expected. Who knows.

It's not so much about unexpected demand, but rather that Gamestops weren't notified that they'd be getting the 360 S's so soon, and were taken by surprise.

[quote name='Two Headed Boy']It's not so much about unexpected demand, but rather that Gamestops weren't notified that they'd be getting the 360 S's so soon, and were taken by surprise.[/QUOTE]

That and everyone seems to want one.

Thanks for getting my obscure DS game trades on the list, jp - it was pretty frustrating having a whole stack of DS games that for the most part were completely missing from the lists so I just brought a bunch in and asked for quotes. I didn't end up trading them all but I just wanted to know what they were. I tried to update as many as I could in the DB but some of them didn't have a place to enter the values - odd...

Wow, Amazon is offering $29 for trade of Demon's Souls and GameStop only $10... That really sucks... Wanted to trade in Killzone 2, LBP, and Demon's Souls and do the B2G1 with Red Dead Redemption, ModNation Racers, and GOW3.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']It all depends on who you get. Like I mentioned a page or so back, they only checked for warranty stickers on mine, asked me if it worked and that was it.[/QUOTE]

OK. Hopefully they don't even notice then. If they see it and try to hit me with the refurb fee I don't think it will be worth the trade in then. What sucks is that I have no way to transfer our saves now. I don't want to waste 20 bucks on a one time use transfer cable. Plus, I didn't want to deal with trading in everything but the HDD and then returning the HDD within 7 days becuase my GS doesn't apply it back toward your sale, they just give you a gift card for it. Kind of defeats the purpose of the trade then.

Can I plug our HDD into another persons console and back it up on a thumbdrive there or does that screw up the license for them?

Wow, Amazon is offering $29 for trade of Demon's Souls and GameStop only $10... That really sucks... Wanted to trade in Killzone 2, LBP, and Demon's Souls and do the B2G1 with Red Dead Redemption, ModNation Racers, and GOW3.

demon souls is on the list for guarantee $25.

[quote name='hawaiiboy']demon souls is on the list for guarantee $25.[/QUOTE]

What does guarantee $25 mean?

Edit: Nevermind, Google is my friend. Thanks.

Oh fuck it, I did a reserve too.

I'll bring my old Xbox Elite when they call me. He told me that they are going to receive a new shipment next week. I'm not sure about the last part but good if true.

Was able to trade in my old premium and get a Slim today. Only 1 out of the 3 stores i called got them in. The one I went to said they had been swamped with calls but then no one was coming in to get them. They only had 4 and I got there about 20 minutes after they opened.

[quote name='lllGurulll']OK. Hopefully they don't even notice then. If they see it and try to hit me with the refurb fee I don't think it will be worth the trade in then. What sucks is that I have no way to transfer our saves now. I don't want to waste 20 bucks on a one time use transfer cable. Plus, I didn't want to deal with trading in everything but the HDD and then returning the HDD within 7 days becuase my GS doesn't apply it back toward your sale, they just give you a gift card for it. Kind of defeats the purpose of the trade then.

Can I plug our HDD into another persons console and back it up on a thumbdrive there or does that screw up the license for them?[/QUOTE]

FYI: MS kinda lied the cable itself is usable again, and again, and again.

[quote name='Goodeye']FYI: MS kinda lied the cable itself is usable again, and again, and again.[/QUOTE]

I know it is reusable but I will have no need of it after one transfer. I run my device till it dies anyway.

[quote name='Blackjack13']So they took your console and gave you the deal even though they didn't have them in stock? Thanks for the info![/QUOTE]

Yes, and I think they would reserve it for you either way, trade in or not.

Got the last one that the GS near me had today :)

Just a FYI for those doing trade-in's.. I only received $133 for My system + two 60GB hard drives. I asked about it because the website says the hard drives are $30 each, but she told me that she had an e-mail stating to only give the promo bonus to one item, so the Xbox got $100 but the hard drives only got $16 each :( A little disappointing but I wasn't going to stand in line and argue over $30.

just traded my arcade in with a shit load of stuff and walk out with the xbox 360 s and $217 on my new edge card

traded in

console / 1 controller
+ 9 wireless controller 26.28 each with edge
+ 2 20gb harddrive 32 ? each with edge
+ 2 network adapter 43 ? each with edge
+ a bunch of headset / ethernet cord/ cables this and that

[quote name='Katsumi87']Got the last one that the GS near me had today :)

Just a FYI for those doing trade-in's.. I only received $133 for My system + two 60GB hard drives. I asked about it because the website says the hard drives are $30 each, but she told me that she had an e-mail stating to only give the promo bonus to one item, so the Xbox got $100 but the hard drives only got $16 each :( A little disappointing but I wasn't going to stand in line and argue over $30.[/QUOTE]

This community is not for you.

Got mine. Last one in store. All went fine, only hiccup is I noticed that two of the games I traded in didn't get full value. I wanted to trade in 9 games for the "Trade 3, Get $10 extra" deal, and then trade in Just Cause 2 and Super Mario Galaxy for $25 each. Well, JC2 and SMG got mixed in with the Trade 3, Get $10, and two games just got usual EDGE bumpage. If I take my receipt back, will they be able to adjust that, or will it be a huge pain? It's not a huge deal to me (though I'd like that extra $15), but if I can get it done with ease I will.

Anyways, traded in Console+Controller, HDD, Wireless adapter and 11 games and got the new 360 and had $13.xx leftover on EDGE.

Got a new one today after trading in a launch unit with no HDMI, it's been refurbed once previously. Received $100 + $31 + $26.28 for the xbox, 20gb hard drive and a wireless controller. Paid the remainder with EDGE credit I had built up already.

The guy hooked up the unit to a tv behind the counter and made sure it turned on, scrolled around a little with the wired controller I was trading in and that's it. Didn't test usb's, didn't test the disc drive, didn't run a game. He did check the warranty sticker at the last minute as it looked like he almost forgot about it.

All values before promos:

DS Phat 25.00

:360:
Chronicles of Riddick 4.00

:ps3:
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion 4.50
Rock Band Metal Track Pack 3.50

72.00 in credit to my edge card since they sold the last used copy of Demon's Souls before I arrived.

[quote name='NipPicker']just traded my arcade in with a shit load of stuff and walk out with the xbox 360 s and $217 on my new edge card

traded in

console / 1 controller
+ 9 wireless controller 26.28 each with edge
+ 2 20gb harddrive 32 ? each with edge
+ 2 network adapter 43 ? each with edge
+ a bunch of headset / ethernet cord/ cables this and that[/QUOTE]

either you hoardered a bunch of 360 controllers that went on clearance at target or your just a controller freak.

[quote name='Katsumi87']Got the last one that the GS near me had today :)

Just a FYI for those doing trade-in's.. I only received $133 for My system + two 60GB hard drives. I asked about it because the website says the hard drives are $30 each, but she told me that she had an e-mail stating to only give the promo bonus to one item, so the Xbox got $100 but the hard drives only got $16 each :( A little disappointing but I wasn't going to stand in line and argue over $30.[/QUOTE]

I would be arguing with them. Nowhere on their promo does it say only one price on that entire list will be honored. That is just asinine what they did to you.

Also, I just called my local GS and they said they are sold out and not expecting anymore until July 9th. Guess that kills the trade in.

Called a few stores looking for the new slim. Two stores hadn't received their shipment for the day, but they did tell me I could pre-order now.

The third store did get 4 in but they were down to one unit left. I asked him to hold hit for 10 minutes, but he couldn't since he had been getting tons of calls from people wanting it.

Good thing I was already in the car and had my old 360 with me:D.

Traded in the refurb Pro unit (06 mfr) that MS sent me as a replacement for my 2006 Pro model (which went E74). I never did like that MS effectively gave me someone else's console.

TRADES

-360 console with Wired controller $100
-my original Wireless controller $25
-20GB hard drive $30
-512MB memory unit $18 (dude was shocked it was that high)
-3 wired headsets at $5 each
two of these were the old style, giant plastic plug
-Live Vision camera $4.50
the camera and one headset came from the BB sale on the Vision pack

They did test the unit by plugging it in, turning it on and booting up a game disc.

In the end, I got about $202 (including EDGE boost). Paid the difference with GS credit, which for me was currently around 30/70 my cash to GS credit.

Very slick console indeed. But it's funny that I miss the option to change the faceplate.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Also, I just called my local GS and they said they are sold out and not expecting anymore until July 9th. Guess that kills the trade in.[/QUOTE]

Not if you trade it in and put $50 down to reserve one from their next batch.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Not if you trade it in and put $50 down to reserve one from their next batch.[/QUOTE]

Not if I have to be without the unit for nearly a month. My kids would never understand that.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Also, I just called my local GS and they said they are sold out and not expecting anymore until July 9th. Guess that kills the trade in.[/QUOTE]

Really? Mine said they have a couple left but are getting more next week.

Oh...yeah...well there's a dilemma. If you have the cash, you can put $50 down and reserve it...then when they call you in, which hopefully would be before 7/11, take your 360 down and do the trade.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Oh...yeah...well there's a dilemma. If you have the cash, you can put $50 down and reserve it...then when they call you in, which hopefully would be before 7/11, take your 360 down and do the trade.[/QUOTE]

Gives me a new dilema though. With the faulty USB port on my unit, I would hate to give them $50 and then find out they are going to charge me a refurb fee on my current unit for trade. I won't trade it in if I have to pay the refurb fee and if I don't trade it in, I won't want the new unit. That means they would only refund my money in store credit which I don't want.

Got the last one today after selling my old unit to a lady with her son outside for 180 heh. This thing is dead silent.

at first glance it appears to be the same connector but since I don't have an old set I can't be sure. What a crock of crap that they downgraded to composite cables from component >

[quote name='Brenex']at first glance it appears to be the same connector but since I don't have an old set I can't be sure. What a crock of crap that they downgraded to composite cables from component >

[quote name='lllGurulll']Not if I have to be without the unit for nearly a month. My kids would never understand that.[/QUOTE]

If they don't get any til the 9th, go in on the 9th and try again. You could always try one last time on the 11th, and if they really don't have it then, then at that point you might as well pre-order it.

Edit: I also just realized that I traded in my component cables instead of the standard ones. Oh well, I wouldn't be using it anyway.

[quote name='lllGurulll']Gives me a new dilema though. With the faulty USB port on my unit, I would hate to give them $50 and then find out they are going to charge me a refurb fee on my current unit for trade. I won't trade it in if I have to pay the refurb fee and if I don't trade it in, I won't want the new unit. That means they would only refund my money in store credit which I don't want.[/QUOTE]

Not if you provide the original receipt, there's no reason why they wouldn't refund you in the amount that you paid if you provide the receipt.

Blah my EDGE card expired a long time ago...but do you think it's a good idea to renew it just to get 10% more for trading my xbox accessories? I rarely use my EDGE card when I signed up for it...

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back