GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Was able to trade in my refurbed 360 and a 20GB HDD for the last slim at a GS I didn't even know existed until today (not in the best of neighborhoods). Anyway, they said they got in 4 total and someone was calling for the last one as I was buying it ;).

Was pretty ticked initially that I was going be forced to pay for a new AV cable because I had popped the plastic open on my mine (a while back I had to have the AV cable and HDMI cables connected at the same time). But then they took so long checking out my system that by the time they rung me up, the guy doing it forgot to charge me.

All and all I ended up paying like $140 out of pocket after the trade in and around $40 credit I had on my Edge card. Probably not the most thrifty use of money ever, but I like having the "new sexy", and I had been thinking about buying a bigger hard drive and/or N wireless adapter for while so that's how I'm justifying it to myself. Plus hopefully I will be permanently RRoD free from here on out....*knock on wood*

The controller that comes with the 360 S feels really cheap. The buttons are not as responsive, and the D-Pad flat out sucks in comparison to the other wireless 360 controllers I have.

[quote name='HydroX']The controller that comes with the 360 S feels really cheap. The buttons are not as responsive, and the D-Pad flat out sucks in comparison to the other wireless 360 controllers I have.[/QUOTE]

Feels the same to me, apart from the shiny/smooth bottom part.

To take advantage of the deal, do I have to trade in my old 360 when I reserve the new 360? I'd really hate to be without my 360 when I just bought Mass Effect 2 today.

Just traded my first gen, no HDMI 360. The person in front of me was trading his in too and the cashier seemed to just go through the motions with testing his console out and was pretty quick with him. The cashier I got was super thorough checking mine and I must've been there for 40 minutes (partly because they can only test one console at a time), and also because he couldn't get the full trade-in bonus value to work so someone else had to help him. But I got $185 total (throwing in a headset, the 20 HD, a 64 memory card and the wireless antenna thing), which is probably double what I could've gotten for it otherwise on Craigslist or Ebay.

[quote name='Razzuel']To take advantage of the deal, do I have to trade in my old 360 when I reserve the new 360? I'd really hate to be without my 360 when I just bought Mass Effect 2 today.[/QUOTE]

That is what a trade-in is. :)

[quote name='Indiana Jones']That is what a trade-in is. :)[/QUOTE]

Well, the OP does state the following:

Can I just pre-order or reserve the console?
Yes. This came in from a GameStop employee. "gs is taking preorders. $50 deposit. they have a coupon code they can scan so you get bonus tiv on the preorder. wont apply automatically (for now) the store has to be on the ball and manually doing it. they are saying july 7th at definite re-stock date. i know of tons of stores getting restocked next week though."
I was hoping for some clarification on how this process exactly worked. So does this mean I can reserve a new 360 tomorrow and basically lock down my reserve as being eligible for the trade-in deal when I come back to pick up my new 360, which would mean I wouldn't have to trade in my old 360 until I pick up my new 360?

[quote name='Razzuel']Well, the OP does state the following:

I was hoping for some clarification on how this process exactly worked. So does this mean I can reserve a new 360 tomorrow and basically lock down my reserve as being eligible for the trade-in deal when I come back to pick up my new 360, which would mean I wouldn't have to trade in my old 360 until I pick up my new 360?[/QUOTE]
No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve to get the values. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jp0213']No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.[/QUOTE]

What would stop you from putting the $50.00 down just for the pre-order and than when they call you can bring in your Xbox cancel the original pre-order and than do a repurchase with your trade-in?

I forgot to put the promo values item into that post. Nothing would stop you, you would have to hope that they got enough 360s in before the end of the promo or that they extend the promo. I do expect that they will extend the promo though.

Local Gamestop didn't have any in stock. Might go tomorrow before work to trade in a few games and put a deposit down on one if they come in after I get back from a cruise and the system trade-in promo is still active.

[quote name='jp0213']No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve to get the values. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.[/QUOTE]that is what one of my Gamestops told me.

[quote name='ajh2298']What would stop you from putting the $50.00 down just for the pre-order and than when they call you can bring in your Xbox cancel the original pre-order and than do a repurchase with your trade-in?[/QUOTE]
My other Gamestop told me I could reserve it for $50 and then trade in my unit when the restock is in.

Why can't these managers get on the ball and figure this stuff out?

[quote name='jp0213']No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve to get the values. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the clarification.

I guess I'll have to decide on whether or not I can be without my 360 for a potentially extended amount of time.

Blah my EDGE card expired a long time ago...but do you think it's a good idea to renew it just to get 10% more for trading my xbox accessories? I rarely use my EDGE card when I signed up for it...

[quote name='sasuke543']Blah my EDGE card expired a long time ago...but do you think it's a good idea to renew it just to get 10% more for trading my xbox accessories? I rarely use my EDGE card when I signed up for it...[/QUOTE]
If you never used it before, you'll barely make enough extra off the accessories to cover the purchase of the EDGE, if you make enough to cover it at all. In your situation I wouldn't unless you plan on buying a lot of used games.
[quote name='lllGurulll']Why can't these managers get on the ball and figure this stuff out?[/QUOTE]
Well I think a lot of them have been told they'll get another restock before the end of the promo. Which seems likely, but I personally wouldn't hedge my bets on it. You have a situation where being without the console isn't necessarily easy so. Gotta think over all of the options.

[quote name='jp0213']Well I think a lot of them have been told they'll get another restock before the end of the promo. Which seems likely, but I personally wouldn't hedge my bets on it. You have a situation where being without the console isn't necessarily easy so. Gotta think over all of the options.[/QUOTE]

Just called back the Gamestop that said I could preorder now and trade in when it is available to pick up. The manager told me to ignore the other Gamestop as they rarely give accurate information. He assured me I can buy now and trade later. heh

Now I just have to worry about that nasty USB issue.

[quote name='jp0213']No, you will have to trade in your 360 at the time of reserve to get the values. They have a code that they have to use to show it as a pre-order for the slim so the promo will activate, or attempt to.[/QUOTE]
I went to two different games stops and was informed I could not trade in my items today, but I can pre-order with the $50 and bring my items in when available. I was also afraid they may change the TIV by the time they arrive, but confirmed the $50 was refundable for any reason. One manager indicated "that as long as I reserve it they are sure they will match the current TIV". Personally I'm not counting on it hence I wanted to confirm the deposit was refundable.
I'm number 4 on the wait list, so figured I had a pretty good chance receiving it before the promo expired (that is if they don't pull it early).
At this point since a few were able to trade in for a preorder, I'm guessing the gamestops that I visited were out of the loop.

[quote name='Lordgestle']I went to two different games stops and was informed I could not trade in my items today, but I can pre-order with the $50 and bring my items in when available. I was also afraid they may change the TIV by the time they arrive, but confirmed the $50 was refundable for any reason. One manager indicated "that as long as I reserve it they are sure they will match the current TIV". Personally I'm not counting on it hence I wanted to confirm the deposit was refundable.
I'm number 4 on the wait list, so figured I had a pretty good chance receiving it before the promo expired (that is if they don't pull it early).
At this point since a few were able to trade in for a preorder, I'm guessing the gamestops that I visited were out of the loop.[/QUOTE]
I think a lot of times it depends upon who you talk to and who has access to the store emails from corporate. I don't work for GameStop, and when I did over Christmas two years ago I think it was, I never touched the computer for the most part. Never rang anything up or checked any store emails. Not sure who actually ahs access to it.

I was hired by that store manager for work on the weekends to just answer questions and sort out the shelves. I did that half the time I was there buying anyway. He mainly hired me just so I could get the employee discount. Good guy.

I would be surprised if they don't extend this promo. The PS3 Slim upgrade got extended around 3 times and the Wii Upgrade offer, while not much of a gamble on GameStops part, got extended a couple times as well.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Scored a X360 S. No extra $25 bonus for me, and I also didn't anticipate the need for a play and charge kit but they told me I needed it, so I had to pay $12 for one...all in all $200.xx credit out the door after all the stuff I traded in.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, unless I am grossly misinformed, you just got conned by a greasy teenager. You "need" a play and charge kit? Really? I am disappointed in you, young padawan.

[quote name='Razzuel']To take advantage of the deal, do I have to trade in my old 360 when I reserve the new 360? I'd really hate to be without my 360 when I just bought Mass Effect 2 today.[/QUOTE]

I just put my reserve down and the guy told me they would honor the trade in deal if it was over when they got the next batch in. The time frame he quoted me was still before July 11th but he still made sure to point it out. This is probably YMMV but it never hurts to ask.

man, I appreciate the work that went into this thread but do we really need to fish through all this junk text, disclaimers, and 'spoilers just to find out what the current gamestop deal is?'

[quote name='Agentredd']man, I appreciate the work that went into this thread but do we really need to fish through all this junk text, disclaimers, and 'spoilers just to find out what the current gamestop deal is?'[/QUOTE]
I've been riding a fine line on that for a while. We have a lot of users that use this thread in stores on mobile devices to pick up clearance items to take to GameStop. That is the reason for the rainbow of colors. There were some issues with text showing up on the mobile format incorrectly in some cases so I try to make those easier to read for regular site users and mobile users as well. It's been a fine line.

Also, all that other text has been collected because every thread we would get the same questions over and over. I try to keep it condensed and as easy to follow as possible. I've been debating moving everything down one post and moving the FAQ into the second post. Possibly using spoilers for the answers to again cut down on the length of the page for scrolling.

[quote name='Agentredd']man, I appreciate the work that went into this thread but do we really need to fish through all this junk text, disclaimers, and 'spoilers just to find out what the current gamestop deal is?'[/QUOTE]

I greatly appreciate the masterful work that was put into this post. I don't know what you consider "Junk Text" but the disclaimers are very helpful and the use of the spoiler button means you don't have to skim through absolutely everything to find what you need. If those spoiler buttons weren't there I can't imagine what you'd have to say about it.

Base TIVs from today-

Wii -
Super Smash Bro Brawl - 16.50
Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ultimate - 13.00
Cake Mania in the Mix - 4.50

DS -
Imagine Family Doctor - 4.00
Sim City - 3.25
Ener g Gym Rockets - 2.75
Ener g Dance Squad - 2.00
Lock's Quest - 2.25
Geometry Wars Galaxies - 1.75
Mario n Luigi Bowser's Inside Story - 15.00
Mega Man Zero Collection - 9.00

Got our slim a little while ago $100 trade of our arcade along with some other gamestop credit. Only $50 out of pocket. Looks good so far.

Base values
Wario Land Shake It $4.25
Guinness World Records $2.00
Loco Roco 2 $3.00

I saw something really sad a little while ago. I was third in line at gamestop. (Just trading stuff in). A group of three people was in front of me. 2 of them were doing the system trade in. They had called ahead to make sure some were available apparently. Anyway, the manager went to get the boxes and came back empty handed. He said both of them were damaged so he couldn't sell them. Now before you doubt him, this manager is a great guy. He wouldn't pull a shady move and he did the system trade for the guy in front of these people. I felt really bad for the people because they had apparently driven some distance. That said they were very polite about it.

And now, some TIVs

Xbox 360 Dirt 2 12.00 (base) 26.20 with promo and edge
PS3 Super Street fighter 4 20.00 base
Wii Smackdown 2010 8.25 base 25.82 with promo and edge

What's the big deal? Everything's on the top of the first page. Everything else is just our meaningless replies.

[quote name='mr rico college']They are not restocking the gamestops until next month and buy then the deal will be over.[/QUOTE]
The date I keep hearing is July 9th and the deal ends July 11th. If I can't get the deal, I'll cancel my order and they lose money.

PS2 Trade is values Base and then with edge card

Mortal Kombat Amrageddon 3.00 3.30
Zatchbell: mamodo Battles .50 .55
Crash Twinsanity 1.75 1.93
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw 2009 4.75 5.23
Harley Davidson Motorcycles 1.75 1.93
Ace Combat 5 2.50 2.75
Incredible Hulk 3.00 3.30
Hot Shots Golf Fore .60 .66
Madden NFL 2009 3.25 3.57
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 1.50 1.65
God of War II 5.25 5.77
Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2.25 2.47
Soul Calibur III 2.75 3.03
Grand Theft Auto San Andreas 5.00 5.50
Tekken 4 2.75 3.03
Madden NFL 2003 .20 .22
Half Life 3.00 3.30
WWE Smackdown Here Comes Pain 2.25 2.47
Hitman 2 Silent Assassin .90 .99
Super Trucks Racing .55 .61
WWE Smackdown Vs Raw Shut your Mouth 1.75 1.93
Fight Night round 2 2.75 3.03
WWE Smackdown Just Bring it 1.25 1.37
Grand Theft Auto Vice City 2.00 2.20
Devil May Cry 3 2.00 2.20
Scarface 2.75 3.03
Dragon Ball Z Infinite World 6.00 6.60
Incredibles Rise of the Underworld 1.25 1.37
Gran Turismo 3 A Spec .50 .55
Sims 2 Pets 4.50 4.95

Fifa street 2.00 2.20
Tomb Raider Legend 1.25 1.37
Mx Vs Atv Unleashed 1.75 1.93
Firepro Wrestling Returns 1.25 1.37
Rock Band 2.00 2.20
Tony Hawk's Underground 1.00 1.10
Juiced .80 .88

Oh the misinformed. GS really hires some dunces and they seem to get you to fall for it.

Most (if not all) GS's will be restocked at least twice next week. All of the CO area stores are saying they'll be 4-8 per shipment. (Number will be even as there's 2 consoles per shipping carton)

[quote name='ttimepopi']Fifa street 2.00 2.20
Tomb Raider Legend 1.25 1.37
Mx Vs Atv Unleashed 1.75 1.93
Firepro Wrestling Returns 1.25 1.37
Rock Band 2.00 2.20
Tony Hawk's Underground 1.00 1.10
Juiced .80 .88[/QUOTE]
What system is this for?

Also, I've changed the layout of the first 5 posts. Not sure how I like it. May just be because I'm used to the old layout. Wanting some feedback.

the store I went to only had one guy working...the other guy that was scheduled to work i guess broke his arm or something that night....he just had us plug it in and run it while he would scan somebody else up...

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Oh the misinformed. GS really hires some dunces and they seem to get you to fall for it.

Most (if not all) GS's will be restocked at least twice next week. All of the CO area stores are saying they'll be 4-8 per shipment. (Number will be even as there's 2 consoles per shipping carton)[/QUOTE]

How is it everyone elses fault they have to believe what GS employees tell them when it comes to stock issues. What? Are they supposed to just accuse them of lying right there in the store?

It is not the consumers fault that the store may not give them accurate information.

I know io and freeorelse i love the cheap ds games. I was just happy they took them for over $1. I dont know how those ener-g crap games get twice geometry wars galaxies...not like I played them but still, just name recognition.
It also sucks that megaman zero collection is so low already, I should have got another brawl for 15 more tiv but these are things you say post fact.
lol peace! thanx jp n cag! ;)

[quote name='wildpygmy'] ... and I had been thinking about buying a bigger hard drive and/or N wireless adapter for while so that's how I'm justifying it to myself. Plus hopefully I will be permanently RRoD free from here on out....*knock on wood*[/QUOTE]

That's the way I saw it . Well that, a new warranty and I got rid of the refurb MS sent me.

Picked mine up today. After trading a bunch of old DS games that I had laying around plus one controller and my wireless adapter I ended up at 285.73 total but I also bought an Edge card so I only ended up paying about 30 dollars for my xbox.

just my luck they have this Slim promo after i've already traded/sold my 20 gig hdd, spare wireless controller, and 2 headsets.

now i'm left with a Jasper arcade, one wireless controller, and my 120gb hdd..just the basics

i'll get next to **** for that. And i don't get paid til the end of the month :(

and i don't really want to trade the majority of my "keeper" titles to upgrade. Although I do have a few that are on the guaranteed $25 TIV list (Forza 3, MW2, BFBC2, RDR)

Thanks for the information on the new end date for the slim upgrade promo.

Updated lists and database.

[quote name='jp0213']Also, I've changed the layout of the first 5 posts. Not sure how I like it. May just be because I'm used to the old layout. Wanting some feedback.[/QUOTE]

Any reason why the FAQ scroll-a-thon isn't after the TIVs? I mean, the very first question is about why the prices are so low, but it's before any prices even show up.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Got mine. Last one in store. All went fine, only hiccup is I noticed that two of the games I traded in didn't get full value. I wanted to trade in 9 games for the "Trade 3, Get $10 extra" deal, and then trade in Just Cause 2 and Super Mario Galaxy for $25 each. Well, JC2 and SMG got mixed in with the Trade 3, Get $10, and two games just got usual EDGE bumpage. If I take my receipt back, will they be able to adjust that, or will it be a huge pain? It's not a huge deal to me (though I'd like that extra $15), but if I can get it done with ease I will.

Anyways, traded in Console+Controller, HDD, Wireless adapter and 11 games and got the new 360 and had $13.xx leftover on EDGE.[/QUOTE]

Not to be that guy, but does anyone have an answer to my question?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back