GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Horsewarrior of Janjaweed']Any reason why the FAQ scroll-a-thon isn't after the TIVs? I mean, the very first question is about why the prices are so low, but it's before any prices even show up.[/QUOTE]
I feel putting the question before they see the base values puts them in the right mindset. A lot of people barely read the first post as it is. If I put the FAQ after the trade-in values we would get more redundant questions than we already do because no one would actually see the post. At least they have to scroll past the FAQ to even get to the prices listed. Also, some people look at the values from the database and then look at the promos in the thread.

Depending upon how good standing you are with your local GameStop will determine how easy it is. Some stores won't do it and since you signed the pad and left the store it is pretty much binding. People have had varying levels of success getting them to fix items like that.

[quote name='jp0213']Depending upon how good standing you are with your local GameStop will determine how easy it is. Some stores won't do it and since you signed the pad and left the store it is pretty much binding. People have had varying levels of success getting them to fix items like that.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response. Probably not worth the hassle or the trip.

I'm happy I got mine today this afternoon been using it all night, runs great not too hot for me. I don't have in a cabinet or anything, it's sitting on my desk. I trade my 2nd refurb from launch unit, 20 gig, extra controller, = 155 credit then I traded two launch PSPs 1000 and 1001 the 1000 was a Japanese import, they don't take imports but this guy was very cool and over road it because it was in perfect condition. 60 each = 120 so 275 credit and I put 27.43 on my CC and got my new shiney 360. Very happy, I took advantage or of the PS3 deal for a slim too got 150 for a 20 gig fatty. I love Gamestop they take care of me.

Is it really much more quiet than the older 360? How is the controller that comes with it? Feel the same as the older wireless controllers? Thanks.

I have a 20 gig model (I got a 60 gig hard drive from a friend) that I bought in 2007 and am thinking of upgrading for the security of a new machine and since with this promotion it'd only cost me about a 100 bucks.

My plan

Xbox w/ Controller x2
20GB HDD x3
120GB HDD
512MB MU
Headset

I think that is all I have..and should be around $300. If it is about the same I will upgrade my Power card too.

[quote name='mswierzb']Is it really much more quiet than the older 360? How is the controller that comes with it? Feel the same as the older wireless controllers? Thanks.

I have a 20 gig model (I got a 60 gig hard drive from a friend) that I bought in 2007 and am thinking of upgrading for the security of a new machine and since with this promotion it'd only cost me about a 100 bucks.[/QUOTE]

It is so quiet, and I don't have the any heat problems its just warm. The controller feels different like it is a little more precise somehow maybe my imagination. I love the thing.

I have one quick question i have 3 360 wireless controllers, but the my little sister bit off the top of all analogs. So will GS even accept my controllers or will they just deduct? im thinking in trading in my console.

one more question i don't have the AV cables for my 360 will they accept an hdmi?

[quote name='boredasfook']I have one quick question i have 3 360 wireless controllers, but the my little sister bit off the top of all analogs. So will GS even accept my controllers or will they just deduct? im thinking in trading in my console.

one more question i don't have the AV cables for my 360 will they accept an hdmi?[/QUOTE]
It's going to depend upon the GameStop if they accept the controllers like that. The ones around me wont take them at all in that condition. If you didn't have one controller that was good to trade in with the console, they will either make you buy a used controller from them or not accept the console. Same goes with the A/V cables. If you don't have the A/V cables they'll make you buy a used set from them.
[quote name='Jonsoncao']I have a q here, if I traded my old xbox, what should I do with those save files?[/QUOTE]
Not entirely sure what you are asking. Are you wanting to know how to pull the saves off the hard drive before you trade in?

hey jp, is it possible to keep track of various tiv for the "slim" upgrade bonus and the date CAGs report them (I'd like to see the trends and changes)? I hope the tiv of the accessories hold up till I can get some more controllers/etc so my credit covers the total cost.

Thanks jp0213 i think I'm just going to stick with my console I'm getting a bit desperate. I have a jasper model so it runs fine just need to upgrade to a 250 HDD. 20GB HDD ain't cutting it for me.

There are no trends...the prices are stated on the GS website. CAGs that are getting more is due to the code not working properly on their system, and therefore the increased pricing is YMMV.

What happens if they have no slims in stock? Do they still give you the higher values or do they make you wait until they get it in stock and give you raincheck.

Just picked up the last one at my local gamestop. Got a lucky break. Signed up for edge, traded in a bunch of stuff I never play and I'm actually up $100 after trade.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']hey jp, is it possible to keep track of various tiv for the "slim" upgrade bonus and the date CAGs report them (I'd like to see the trends and changes)? I hope the tiv of the accessories hold up till I can get some more controllers/etc so my credit covers the total cost.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='LinkinPrime']There are no trends...the prices are stated on the GS website. CAGs that are getting more is due to the code not working properly on their system, and therefore the increased pricing is YMMV.[/QUOTE]
Linkin pretty much covered it. Once they get the promo fixed in their computers there will be no variation on the amounts.
[quote name='J7.']What happens if they have no slims in stock? Do they still give you the higher values or do they make you wait until they get it in stock and give you raincheck.[/QUOTE]
The information I was given is that they now have a code they input in the computer during your trade to activate the slim upgrade promo, but towards a pre-order/reserve.

So... does the new Slim actually come with 1 month of gold? It's listed on GameStop's site, but I for one cannot find anything inside the box, and last I checked they stopped giving out 1 month trials for making a new account.

TIV 6/18
:ps3:Skate 2 - $6
:ps3:Prince of Persia - $4.50
:ps3:Godfather 2 - $5.75
:360:60gb HDDD - $16
:360:Wireless Controller - $12.75

[quote name='PrinnyOtaku']So... does the new Slim actually come with 1 month of gold? It's listed on GameStop's site, but I for one cannot find anything inside the box, and last I checked they stopped giving out 1 month trials for making a new account.

TIV 6/18
:ps3:Skate 2 - $6
:ps3:Prince of Persia - $4.50
:ps3:Godfather 2 - $5.75[/QUOTE]
I would imagine it is just like all the other consoles. You just create a new profile under the silver membership and BAM, you are given a free month of Gold.

Eh, last time I made a new GamerTag on my 360 it just stayed at Silver... Possibly because I had other profiles on the system? Who knows >.>

I scored the last one at a local GS about 2:30pm in the afternoon. Soon after I got there, there were several others trying for the slim but came too late. I felt bad because they all had backpacks full of trade in items. I can't believe I was able to get the last one!!!!!!!!!!

After trades, it came out to be $83. I will get $40 for the hard drive when I'm done transferring my stuff over. The new xbox is so quiet...

Moodz - I'm pretty sure you're not getting $40 on your hdd. You only get those prices towards the purchase of the slim. Since you've purchased it you're gonna fall back into the lower tier of TIVs now.

I asked prior to trading mine in as I didn't want to do a USB drive but I had to.

Good luck to you if it works though.

[quote name='blk00civicsi']Moodz - I'm pretty sure you're not getting $40 on your hdd. You only get those prices towards the purchase of the slim. Since you've purchased it you're gonna fall back into the lower tier of TIVs now.

I asked prior to trading mine in as I didn't want to do a USB drive but I had to.

Good luck to you if it works though.[/QUOTE]

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx

the asterisk implies it should be fine

[quote name='Mizzou75']Not to be that guy, but does anyone have an answer to my question?[/QUOTE]

I hit that same snag, but luckily I caught it and noticed the total value of my game trade was not what I had calculated it to be prior to going into the store. Turns out that their system wouldn't let them mix the $25 tiv games in on the same transaction with the games for the +$10/3 deal. The manager just entered the different deals in two separate transactions and all went perfectly. I'd imagine that they would adjust your credit to reflect their advertised specials if their system didn't give the proper credit. Hopefully you catch an employee that understands the dilemma. :)

Sidenote - I had a great experience with the manager at my local Gamestop. In addition to being super cool about working out the hiccups of the trade, he seemed to actually care about customer service. I couldn't find my composite cables for my console trade-in and I asked if he had any for sale. He told me that he had some extras in the back and just handed me a set; saved me some cash. I'm typically not a Gamestop shopper due to bad past experiences, but I will go back to this particular location in the future.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']http://www.gamestop.com/gs/landing/xb360250trade/default.aspx

the asterisk implies it should be fine[/QUOTE]
Yep, that is exactly what the store manager told me as well. 7 days.

I just wish they would give it back to you in cash so it truly went toward your trade upgrade. They just give you a giftcard for the amount of the HDD though.

Since my USBs are shot, I am just going to take my HDD to a friends house and pull my saves off of it from his console and put it on a USB drive.

I stand corrected. Although that page mustve recently went live. As it wasn't broken out like that earlier. :( I wouldn't have had to spend the 45 mins moving shit to my 16gb drive.

I think that was the better route for me as I broke a gamestop ban to buy this. The TIVs were too irresistable to not pass up.

I got lucky and found one maybe the last in my area. I called about 6 stores at around 4pm when I got off work. None had any so I called the store that I did the upgrade trade at but did not expect them to have one since they are the probably the largest/nicest store in the area. But apparantly one guy was trying to buy 2 of them, one by him and another by his wife or whoever was there with him but the clerk remembered the trouble I had trading in my old 360 yesterday and held one for me. I was actually genuinly impressed that a GS manager would actually remember a customer and actively try to help them out. Anyways got it in irvine, I'll go there if I need to use a GS again as they were the nicest employees I've met so far.

^^^It needs to be a microsoft one, the third party wont work. BUt you can trade it in with the system that works fine. You just cant get $25 for it on its own.

I traded my console today but unfortunately they are out of stock so they had to reserve/preorder it for me. So I already have $100 down.
Question is, can I trade in one more xbox console and still get the $100 tradein promo? They also told me I can only get the 360 slim on the store where I preordered it from so can I refund my money and then put it into another gamestop store just in case the other store get it earlier?

[quote name='Bawse']For the trade in does it only work with Microsoft branded controllers or could I use a gamestop 360 controller?[/QUOTE]

I used a some cheap mad katz wired controller and they took it.

My trade in was:

arcade with wired controller $100
2 20 gig hard drives $62.00
Wireless G $42.40
4 Wireless Controllers $105.12
2 wired headsets $11

Total: $320.52 Got the new xbox and $20.53 on my edge card!

Traded a few random games for some extra credit today with the current +$10 promo

Base Values:

:360:
Street Fighter IV - $3
Incredible Hulk - $4
Iron Man - $5

It looks like Hulk is the only game with a different price.

hey guys, i got a question for you..

can i take advantage of the trade in bonuses for the xbox hardware stuff (like a hdd, controllers, and mu) without actually trading in a xbox console? thanks! =)

Base trade prices on 6/18:

DS
iconds.gif

Contra 4 $4.75
DSi XL System $100 ($20 drop from last Friday)

Xbox 360
iconxbox360.gif

Hellboy $3.00
Tetris Evolution $8.00

Note on the DSi XL: I had them scan the actual system to verify that the base was down to $100 and it comes up as $125 with the current promo.(was really hoping for the $145) I didn't actually trade the DSi as I am on the fence about selling on ebay/craigslist and/or waiting it out toward the end of the $25 system promo to see the trade value goes back up a little. Any thoughts?

[quote name='infinitelegacy']hey guys, i got a question for you..

can i take advantage of the trade in bonuses for the xbox hardware stuff (like a hdd, controllers, and mu) without actually trading in a xbox console? thanks! =)[/QUOTE]

no, it has to be traded towards the newer 360 system. The accessories (HDD, MU, Controllers, Network Adapters) are automated through the GameStop computer to apply the extra credit when it is being sold with a new system in the same transaction.

Can you trade it in towards the preorder. Go back a day later, and claim you found one at Kmart, walmart, the alley in the hood, and cancel it and get all the credit put on an edge card?

6/18 Base TIVs

360 -
Unreal Tournament 3 - $2.50 (up $0.50)

DS -
Final Fantasy IV - $6.00 (same)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $7.25 (same)

[quote name='Estebon']Can you trade it in towards the preorder. Go back a day later, and claim you found one at Kmart, walmart, the alley in the hood, and cancel it and get all the credit put on an edge card?[/QUOTE]

The deal doesn't work on a pre-order. It will only work on an actual console purchase. You could buy the console and then try returning it but it would be YMMV on them letting you keep the bonus tiv. I think that returning a console is a much bigger issue than returning a game. It would help to get a gift receipt and do the return at a different GS, though.

[quote name='emg28']The deal doesn't work on a pre-order. It will only work on an actual console purchase. You could buy the console and then try returning it but it would be YMMV on them letting you keep the bonus tiv. I think that returning a console is a much bigger issue than returning a game. It would help to get a gift receipt and do the return at a different GS, though.[/QUOTE]
Of course it works on the preorder. Others have already traded in on the preorder offer. I'm going in tomorrow to do the same at the store managers invitation. Except, in my setup, I will be preordering the system and then coming back when it gets in to do the trade. All confirmed with the store manager.

Might be a YMMV thing at other GS but that is the setup at mine.

Question about the refurb fee

It states....

Hardware

Core unit + wireless controller - $60 (6/15/10)

Console Refurb Fees (Amount deducted when console is marked as defective)

Core unit w\ wireless controller - $50 (4/10/10)

For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and put a refurb fee on the console. The refurb fee on the console will vary on the price of the console so those numbers will change. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above. They will not, however, take RROD 360 consoles. There may be stores that still do it, but official policy is to not take them in.

so, if I am reading this correctly, a console that gets hit with a refurb fee would only be worth as little as $10? What constitutes the fee. Just that the console does not play a game/turn on or are there other factors too.

What kind of console refurb fees have others been hit with?

[quote name='lllGurulll']I would be arguing with them. Nowhere on their promo does it say only one price on that entire list will be honored. That is just asinine what they did to you.[/QUOTE]

Maybe I'll try calling them next week, but there were ~10-15 people behind me that had been in line 40+ mins and all they wanted was to buy a game or two.. I didn't want to take another 15min to argue. I guess it's more of a lesson learned.. Bring the Promo Printout from Gamestop.com incase they try to do the same thing :\

[quote name='Estebon']Can you trade it in towards the preorder. Go back a day later, and claim you found one at Kmart, walmart, the alley in the hood, and cancel it and get all the credit put on an edge card?[/QUOTE]
I supposed you could but they could also override the bonus credit you got as well.
[quote name='emg28']The deal doesn't work on a pre-order. It will only work on an actual console purchase. You could buy the console and then try returning it but it would be YMMV on them letting you keep the bonus tiv. I think that returning a console is a much bigger issue than returning a game. It would help to get a gift receipt and do the return at a different GS, though.[/QUOTE]
GameStop changed their stance on the pre-order/reserve thing. They have a special code they sent out via the corporate email to input to get the values towards a pre-order/reserve.
[quote name='lllGurulll']so, if I am reading this correctly, a console that gets hit with a refurb fee would only be worth as little as $10? What constitutes the fee. Just that the console does not play a game/turn on or are there other factors too.

What kind of console refurb fees have others been hit with?
[/QUOTE]
Well the refurb fees for the 360 consoles were listed when they were worth more. The refurb fees could be lower now. Refurb fee can put on a system for: defective ports, tray not opening, games not playing. Some stores actually test to see if a hard drive and memory card unit work in the console, so if those don't work it'll be a refurb fee. If a console can't get online, not banned but the network port is just defective they'll hit it with a refurb. If it doesn't turn, has the RROD, or if they have the setup to test for being banned from Xbox Live they will not take them.

If they try and hit you with taxes, can you buy a giftcard (if the state doesn't charge full balance on merch credit)?

I am most concerned with the HDD situation. I have a 120 with all my stuff, and I can't trade it in without transferring it.

[quote name='alanamaslama']6/18 Base TIVs

360 -
Unreal Tournament 3 - $2.50 (up $0.50)

DS -
Final Fantasy IV - $6.00 (same)
Final Fantasy Tactics A2 - $7.25 (same)[/QUOTE]

Seriously? That's a really good TIV on FFT since they sell it for $8.99 used.

Does Gamestop refuse to answer the phone before 10am?

Finally got a few to answer. They are saying around July 9th or 3 weeks until a new shipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back