GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
i LOVE Gamestop employees who have no idea what is going on.
The chick was at first only going to give me $170 credit for what should have been $200. Correct her and she "fixes it" to where I'm at $210
After that she asks me if I want to reserve the new 360 or if I just want it put on an Edge card. Was surprised about that and told her to put it on an Edge card
Walking out of the store I notice on the receipt she gave me credit for a wired headset as a wireless headset, which is $9.50 on trade in
So pretty much after trading all of that 360 stuff in, Soul Calibur IV, and a PSP 3000, I now have $320.00 on my Edge card :)
It's also nice because the free $25 GameStop gift card I got from some survey site also arrived today

6/25 Base TIV.

:360: A/V cable - $2.50
:360: Wireless controller - $12.75
:360: 512mb memory unit - $7.50
:360: 20gb hard drive - $10.00
:360: Wireless network adapter G - $24.00

Also my Xbox 360 Modern Warfare 2 Wired Controller traded in for $7.50 if you want to add that to the list as well!

Base TIV 6/25

iconxbox360.gif
Bully SE 9.93
iconxbox360.gif
Rockstar Games Table Tennis 1.10
iconxbox360.gif
Brutal Legend 8.84
iconxbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead 2 15.43

iconps2_r2.gif
Shadow of Rome 2.20

New Trade-in Values for ya (6/25/10)

All for :360: Base Value
Fallout 3 -$5
Bioshock - $4
Lost: Via Domus - $2.50
COD 2 - $2.50
Dead Rising - $3
Ninja Gaiden 2 - $4
Star Wars Force Unleashed - $3
Elder Scrolls Oblivion (original) - $4
Condemned - $2

My now 4-year-old 360 was about to bite the bullet (freeze ups, disc read errors), so I thought I'd trade it in before the extra $25 trade-in value deal expired. Play tested like a charm at my local MN GS and so I got $85 for the system and another $65 for my 9 games (with the extra $10 per three games). Walked out of the store with a brand-new arcade system having paid $2 out of pocket.

I was very happy.

[quote name='Jay']Base TIV 6/25

iconxbox360.gif
Bully SE 9.93
iconxbox360.gif
Rockstar Games Table Tennis 1.10
iconxbox360.gif
Brutal Legend 8.84
iconxbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead 2 15.43

iconps2_r2.gif
Shadow of Rome 2.20[/QUOTE]

Those are not base values. Let me translate to pre-edge/promo values since you don't know how to read a receipt.

iconxbox360.gif
Bully SE 6.00
iconxbox360.gif
Rockstar Games Table Tennis 1.00
iconxbox360.gif
Brutal Legend 5.00
iconxbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead 2 11.00

iconps2_r2.gif
Shadow of Rome 2.00

Time to contribute, Base TiV

:ps3: Street Fighter 4 - $4.50
:ps3: The Saboteur - $5.25
:ps3: Assassins Creed 2 - $8.50
:ps3: X-Men Origins: Wolverine Uncaged Edition - $6
:ps3: Bourne Conspiracy - $4
:ps3: IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey - $10.25
:ps3: NBA 2k10 - $11.75

This is before 10% and extra $10 for 3.

None of these games I'd play again.

[quote name='z24buddy']Those are not base values. Let me translate to pre-edge/promo values since you don't know how to read a receipt.

iconxbox360.gif
Bully SE 6.00
iconxbox360.gif
Rockstar Games Table Tennis 1.00
iconxbox360.gif
Brutal Legend 5.00
iconxbox360.gif
Left 4 Dead 2 11.00

iconps2_r2.gif
Shadow of Rome 2.00[/QUOTE]

hahaha. wow. CAG in training steps up.

[quote name='Velo214']here's that +$% promo coupon, don't know if it can be reprinted here tho
featureimg_062410.jpg

PlatformTitle Current Value
clear.gif

360Lost Planet 225.00360Red Dead Redemption25.00
360Skate 325.00360Blur22.00360UFC Undisputed 2010 22.00
360Alan Wake20.00360Split Second20.003602010 FIFA World Cup South Africa20.00
360Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands20.00360Splinter Cell: Conviction20.00360Super Street Fighter IV18.00
clear.gif

PSPModNation Racers12.50PSP2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa12.00
clear.gif

DSPicross 3D6.00
clear.gif
PS3Red Dead Redemption25.00PS3Lost Planet 224.00PS3Skate 324.00PS3UFC Undisputed 201022.50PS3ModNation Racers22.00
PS3Blur21.00PS3Super Street Fighter IV20.00PS32010 FIFA World Cup South Africa19.75PS3Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands18.50PS3Split Second16.25
PS3Grand Theft Auto: Episodes of Liberty City 14.75PS33D Dot Game Heroes13.50
clear.gif

WiiSuper Mario Galaxy 224.00WiiMonster Hunter tri (gameonly)22.00Wii2010 FIFA World Cup South Africa16.00

oh my god, sorry that looks so bad. it's late and i dont want to clean it up i just copy n pasted, but you get the deal...
[/QUOTE]

what day was this email sent out? was it a promo email or the one with the flyer attached?

06/25

these tiv are still the same as in the OP

WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2010 for Wii $8.25
Risen for 360 $11
wired headset (mine was official) for 360 $5

This is probably listed elsewhere, but I'm lazy and can't seem to find it:

- once this promotion ends, how much do you normally get for trading in your 360 and stuff? I want to upgrade, but don't have the $$$$ to do so at this time. Just trying to get an idea how much of a "bonus" they are giving you now compared to normally ?

[quote name='DeadKevin666']This is probably listed elsewhere, but I'm lazy and can't seem to find it:

- once this promotion ends, how much do you normally get for trading in your 360 and stuff? I want to upgrade, but don't have the $$$$ to do so at this time. Just trying to get an idea how much of a "bonus" they are giving you now compared to normally ?[/QUOTE]

With a wireless controller, $60 is the base price. So you get a $40 boost on it from this promo, and if you're lucky they'll also apply the $25 hardware bonus through Sunday (YMMV though).

If you trade in now without the deal, you'd definitely get the $25 boost from that promotion.

[quote name='BrooklynZoo']I'm in Manhattan and the Gamestop up here said they stopped taking reservations and aren't making good on the deals. WTF?[/QUOTE]

Same response today in Golf Mills, IL. XB360 slim reservations for the 2nd batch (eta August) ended yesterday evening Friday Jun 25th, so they couldn't apply the $100 promotion for an old 360 system. Sux!

[quote name='BrooklynZoo']I'm in Manhattan and the Gamestop up here said they stopped taking reservations and aren't making good on the deals. WTF?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it's too WTF. Stores are getting easily a dozen or so deep in reserves on the consoles, so them stopping taking 'preorders' on a product that is actually already out when they're getting that far behind doesn't surprise me. As far as 'making good' on the deal, technically they still are, they just don't have the product the deal is good on. If they get stock greater than what is reserved already then I'm sure they'll honor the promotion until the advertised date...it's just much more difficult to get in on now because of the high demand.

Minus well call this a dead deal IMO. I got same responses as mentioned earlier. Gamestop gives me another reason not to give my business. Thinking I'm better off looking for a deal on a 250 gb hard drive.

So my GS is willing to apply the promotion as long as you trade in-before the date. (E.g. if you trade in the old x-box on the 16th you'll get your $100 even if you don't get the new system until the 18th), which is what the rep recommended I do. You might check and see if they'll let you turn in ahead of the end of the promo end time. It makes sense in a way, since you can put any amount towards a pre-order. I can see where they wouldn't want to honor it too given that you technically won't be "buying" the new one until it is there.

Stopped by GS to unload a few low TIVs for the bonus $10.
Base values from today (June 26, 2010):

:360: Two Worlds $1.50
:360: Viking: Battle For Asgard $2.00
:wii: Madworld $2.50

I stopped by my local GStop. The manager told me that they were instructed not to take anymore reservations on the new consoles yesterday (Friday), so they couldn't offer the upgraded trade in values. He advised me to hold onto my trade-in console until they got some stock in (since the trade in offer was good until mid July) so I can get the higher credit. But after some talking, he graciously offered to override it knowing that I would be buying one when they were in stock.

Just traded in a useless cracked DS Phat with no stylus and a giant crack near the GBA slot for 55 bucks. I'm incredibly happy. This will be going straight towards a 3DS.

TIV 6/26/10

:wii:

Boom Blox - 8.00 (no change)
Dragon Quest Swords: Masked Queen & the Tower of Mirrors - 3.00 (no change)
No More Heroes - 3.75 (no change)
Obscure: The Aftermath - 2.75 (down from 3.00)
Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition - 4.75 (no change)
Tenchu: Shadow Assassins - 3.00 (no change)
Tomb Raider Anniversary - 4.25 (no change)
Wii Play - 3.25 (no change)

mlb 2k7 (ds) - 2.50
crackdown (360) - 2.50
ninja gaiden 2 (360) - 4.00
x-men origins wolverine (360) - 5.00
blitz the league (ps2) - 1.25
super mario world 2 (gba) - 6.50

Traded in, today

Tiger 10 Wii - $25
Super Smash Brawl Wii - $25

Not bad because I also sold my Wii told on another forum so I'm happy!

As much as I love to rail on GS (the stores & their employees)...

You should be blaming Microsoft. (or GS Corp)

My GS told me that they got a shipment this week of... 2!! I can understand if they're having problems pumping them out. But MS shouldn't have boasted about it at E3 if they didn't have a ton ready.

Oh and GS corp I think should get blame too. When you seem Amazon had a ton for a while (I think they're sold out now) or even Best Buy having piles of them, it makes you wonder who the hell placed the orders for the stores. And who was the genius who said, "Hey lets send them 1 by 1 until we fulfill that store's quota?"

Whichever carrier (prob UPS) that is delivering these tiny ass orders must be making a killing.

[quote name='DeadKevin666']Just trying to get an idea how much of a "bonus" they are giving you now compared to normally ?[/QUOTE]
You've actually lost money. About 2 weeks before the promotion started, I traded in a 360 with a wireless controller for $140.

360 - Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - $20 (6/25/10)
360 - Battlefield Bad Company 2 - $22 (6/25/10)

Both remained unchanged, just updated dates. :)

360:

Burnout Paradise - $5
Left 4 Dead - $5
Crackdown - $2.50

PS3:

Conan - $3.25

DS:

IL 2 Sturmovlk: Birds of Prey - $2.50

PSP:

Shaun White Snowboarding - $2.75

6/26 Base:

:ps3:
Brutal Legend 4.25

:psp:
LocoRoco 2 3.00
Midway Arcade Treasures: EP 2.25

Gotta love when they give you an extra $10 for some cheap ass games :) Just wish I had more to unload!

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Anyone know the base value of a Wii?[/QUOTE]

you want to trade in your wii with all the good games coming out?

[quote name='DGenerateKane']Anyone know the base value of a Wii?[/QUOTE]

Anyone have 30 seconds to read the first page?

[quote name='clevelandmvp']Does the extra $10 deal still work today {Sunday}, or did it end Saturday?[/QUOTE]

wow...2007, 2004? it's a lazy Sunday...
read the first frickin post...it's amazing...!

[quote name='donut']wow...2007, 2004? it's a lazy Sunday...
read the first frickin post...it's amazing...![/QUOTE]

I DID. It says deal expires the 27th. My question was if that means it expired and does not work on the 27th, or it works until close on the 27th. Thanks for your helpful and kind reply though.

[quote name='clevelandmvp']I DID. It says deal expires the 27th. My question was if that means it expired and does not work on the 27th, or it works until close on the 27th. Thanks for your helpful and kind reply though.[/QUOTE]

Works until close today. So go crazy with it?

has anyone seen flyers posted up of what the next trade in deal will be? will they extend this trade 3, get $10 or a trade x, x, x, get xx%, xx%, xx%?

06/27

Forza 3 still $12 base. I traded in both disks btw, which i didn't even know there were 2 until i opened the game.

also traded in a 360 with wireless controller plus the other required stuff. I got $125 after the $25 promo despite NOT putting it towards a "slim". the cashier didn't even ask/mention the upgrade deal.

Blur (360) - 22.00

Add in Edge and the $5 coupon GS sent me via email, and I ended up with 29 and change trade in for a game I got for 11 and change at BB. Mind you, I purchased it intending to give it a try, played it for awhile, then realized it wasn't worth passing up a near $20 profit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back