GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
Xbox 360
--------------

Games I traded in today ( Base Value )

Gears of War 2 = $5.00
Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City = $12.00

Called around and got some quotes this morning. All 360.

Chaotic Shadow Warriors - 5
CoD WaW - 6
Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion GotY ed - 9
Fable 2 ph w/ dlc - 7
Rainbow Six Vegas 1 - 1.5
Sonic & Sega All Stars Racing - 9
Splinter Cell Conviction - 18
Split Second - 22
UFC 2010 - 17

[quote name='flagg1216']...

to you and the guy saying to pitch a fit with the manager you could also try to learn the promo, it clearly states what systems it applies to which is not any of the three you mentioned.:roll:[/QUOTE]

Try learning reading comprehension genius. The guy io and I responded to traded in a bunch of games and I said all games EXCEPT for PS2, GC, and GBA games are eligible for the bonus. I then copied and spoiler taged the promo info from the op. Gamestop's computer messed up in that person's case, we think because he traded in too many games at once. None of the games he listed were on PS2, GC, or GBA.

Learn to read and think about what you write before you roll your eyes at me.

Edit: Didn't see jp already corrected you.

[quote name='tears2040']Xbox 360
--------------

Games I traded in today ( Base Value )

Gears of War 2 = $5.00
Grand Theft Auto Liberty City Stories = $12.00[/QUOTE]

do you mean gta: episodes from liberty city?

[quote name='rjbooth']Which store I have go the two in Howell and one in Brick and that is what I am always told.[/QUOTE]

Try the one in Wall, just traded in some games today that were below 2.00. It's like 15 minutes north of the Brick store, just take Rt. 70/35 north - it's in the plaza with a K-Mart. Haven't encountered a bad employee there ever either.

PS3
Condemned 2: Bloodshot - 2.50
Rogue Warrior - 6.00
The Darkness - 1.50
Shaun White Snowboarding - 3.00

PSP
LocoRoco 2 - 3.00

DS
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin - 3.50
Final Fantasy IV - 6.25 (kept this, just brought it in case one game didn't qualify since I don't have a DS right now)

Total, 41.45

Also gathered up the change lying around my room/car and Coinstar'd it - got an 84.41 Amazon Gift Card.

[quote name='y2jasper']do you mean gta: episodes from liberty city?[/QUOTE]

Yes, you are correct. That's what I meant, my fault on the confusion.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Try learning reading comprehension genius. The guy io and I responded to traded in a bunch of games and I said all games EXCEPT for PS2, GC, and GBA games are eligible for the bonus. I then copied and spoiler taged the promo info from the op. Gamestop's computer messed up in that person's case, we think because he traded in too many games at once. None of the games he listed were on PS2, GC, or GBA.

Edit: Didn't see jp already corrected you.[/QUOTE]

I guess you also didn't see that I had corrected myself. I missed the "non" from your statement. I already said that I misread what you had posted. Also, just as an fyi, you had asked if they were tagged as a refurb. Their pos will not remove the $10 bonus even if they were tagged for a refurb. It was indeed a case where it didn't apply to some of the games because of the amount he traded in.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Try learning reading comprehension genius. The guy io and I responded to traded in a bunch of games and I said all games EXCEPT for PS2, GC, and GBA games are eligible for the bonus. I then copied and spoiler taged the promo info from the op. Gamestop's computer messed up in that person's case, we think because he traded in too many games at once. None of the games he listed were on PS2, GC, or GBA.

Edit: Didn't see jp already corrected you.[/QUOTE]

Which is ironic since you just launched into a tirade on someone for not reading properly.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Anyone know if NSMBWii is still trading for $25.50?

Crap I had no idea it was that high I thought last time I checked it was lower![/QUOTE]

I just called and it is still $25

Base TIV
:ps3:
Dark Void 5.00

:wii:
House of the Dead Overkill 6.00
House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return 7.00
Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles 7.00
Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles 12.00
Dead Space Extraction 7.00
Conduit 7.00
Wii Sports 5.00
Wii Sports Resort 10.00

Trade-in values on 7/10:

PS3:
Heavy Rain - $17
Dante's Inferno - $10

Wii:
Bust a Move Bash - $4

PS2:
DragonBallZ: Budokai 3 - $2
Spongebob: The Movie - $2.25

[quote name='negid']Hope it's ok to post a general question about Gamestop here.

Can I transfer the money from my edge card to a gift card?[/QUOTE]
I think if you ask them they'll do it, I had a similar scenario once.

If they say no, buy a game using your edge card, then return it a day or so later and ask them to put the credit on a gift card.

I forgot exactly what I did, but I had an edge card with $15 and a gift card with $30 in the same day doing a return.

You can straight up buy gift cards with your edge card credit. I use to do that a lot.
Flip a lot, buy gift cards in $100 increments, then sell them on eBay for $80-$90 a pop. Quick, easy way to get real moneys and still come out ahead, if you flip properly.

[quote name='JP']You can straight up buy gift cards with your edge card credit. I use to do that a lot. Flip a lot, buy gift cards in $100 increments, then sell them on eBay for $80-$90 a pop. Quick, easy way to get real moneys and still come out ahead, if you flip properly.[/QUOTE]

jp am i crazy or did your name used to be longer?

[quote name='y2jasper']jp am i crazy or did your name used to be longer?[/QUOTE]
Not crazy, it used to be jp0213. After about 6 months I hated the 0213 part but didn't feel like bugging cheapy and I didn't really participate/lurked so figured he wouldn't change it anyway. I was emailing him last week about the glitches with the prices BBCode I'm using in the lists currently and just inquired about a name change to JP, since everyone calls me that anyway. Fixed the glitches and the username. It's really funny if I post after io. At least it was to me: io, JP. Not as funny as I think it is but I find it entertaining.

[quote name='JP']You can straight up buy gift cards with your edge card credit. I use to do that a lot. Flip a lot, buy gift cards in $100 increments, then sell them on eBay for $80-$90 a pop. Quick, easy way to get real moneys and still come out ahead, if you flip properly.[/QUOTE]

JP!!! Now our secret money making scam is out! :hot::bomb::hot: It's okay though, since you are a CAG Legend.

[quote name='shiftymcneely']JP!!! Now our secret money making scam is out! :hot::bomb::hot: It's okay though, since you are a CAG Legend.[/QUOTE]
I could spoiler it, or even better put it in the first post. No one would find it there!

CAG Legend? I thank you for the kind words but I do not even come close to a legend. Just a guy lucky (dumb) enough to swipe a thread from a mod and run with it.

[quote name='Survivalism']Which is ironic since you just launched into a tirade on someone for not reading properly.[/QUOTE]

That's my fault, all I saw was his rolly-eye emoticon at me and I got furious, not looking at any other posts.

If he hadn't done the rolly-eye I wouldn't have been that mad. My anger still stood but I thought I should add the edit since I saw jp corrected him before I had posted my response.

[quote name='JP']You can straight up buy gift cards with your edge card credit. I use to do that a lot.
Flip a lot, buy gift cards in $100 increments, then sell them on eBay for $80-$90 a pop. Quick, easy way to get real moneys and still come out ahead, if you flip properly.
[/QUOTE]

There's a much better method to this but I can't spoil it. Your method works, but you lose the $10-15 less than the FV that the gift card sells for PLUS 9% in eBay fees PLUS 2.9% in Paypal fees. So your $100 gift card now is $79 in cash.

Oh, and if you don't physically mail the card and use some kind of delivery confirmation, the buyer can scam you saying "Item Not Received", leaving you with no way to prove delivery.

(Take it from somebody who sold a 12-month Xbox Live card, mailed it, and had the buyer claim the code was ripped off. When it was sealed in that plastic hell MS uses. Rightttttt.)

[quote name='JP']Not crazy, it used to be jp0213. After about 6 months I hated the 0213 part but didn't feel like bugging cheapy and I didn't really participate/lurked so figured he wouldn't change it anyway. I was emailing him last week about the glitches with the prices BBCode I'm using in the lists currently and just inquired about a name change to JP, since everyone calls me that anyway. Fixed the glitches and the username. It's really funny if I post after io. At least it was to me: io, JP. Not as funny as I think it is but I find it entertaining.[/QUOTE]

Boy I am annoyed by people who change their name....

Question, is it a gift card you get or is it $200 cash?

Also, do you guys think its worth it to trade in an MGS4 80GB PS3 for the $200? Dont really know what to do here...thanks!

Bast TIV as of July 13th.

Wii Console - $60.00
Wii Sports Resort - $10.00
Wii Motion Plus - $10.00
New Super Mario Bros - $25.00

Gamecube:
Resident Evil 4 - $3.50
Gamecube Controller - $5.25

Is the Slim trade-up program still on? I know it was originally July 18th, but they've stopped advertising it. I was able to pick-up a Slim while I was driving around, but I didn't have my old 360 with me. The employee said I have 7 days to re-ring anything, and that the trade-up program WAS still on.

[quote name='Hostile']Instead of two gift cards I was given two Edge cards with the amounts on them. Is this what they usually do?[/QUOTE]

Normally they'll keep putting the store credit on the Edge card, unless your didn't have your first one with. Splitting it up onto two doesn't quite make sense.

[quote name='Test12345']Question, is it a gift card you get or is it $200 cash?[/QUOTE]

Store credit.

[quote name='foltzie']Boy I am annoyed by people who change their name....[/QUOTE]
Just curious as to why. Not a hostile statement before anyone assumes that, just genuinely curious.

Also updated lists and database.

[quote name='jonjosh']:O You can call gamestop and ask for a trade in value for a game?![/QUOTE]

Hit or miss depends on the time of day and attitude of the employee at that time.

TIV from today

Wii

Super Smash Bros - $17.00

Xbox 360

Meet the Robinsons - $2.00
Planet 51 - $7.00
Monsters vs Aliens - $6.00
PGR 4 - $1.50
Banjo Nuts and Bolts - $6.00

I traded 16 games and my fat airplane sounding ps3 and got 368 bucks. They didn't even plug it in. Got a new cool running slim ps3 and pre-ordered COD Black Ops and got a cool new poster!!!!!!!!!!!!

any word on what the new trade in promos will be next week? i have 3 games i could trade in, although i might get back more if they have another "trade 3/4/5, get 30%/40%/50%" sort of deal

[quote name='johnny clips']will they still make the trade if the warranty sticker is removed .[/QUOTE]

They took mine...didn't even check for it. Just plugged it up and popped a game in.

[quote name='Velo214']lol, i call and ask for tiv's all the time. they don't mind as long as you are friendly. ;)[/QUOTE]

Or as long as they aren't busy with other customers in the store. It's YMMV if they'll give you TIV's over the phone. Some DM's actually ban stores from doing it thinking it forces you to come into the store.

[quote name='MSUHitman']Or as long as they aren't busy with other customers in the store. It's YMMV if they'll give you TIV's over the phone. Some DM's actually ban stores from doing it thinking it forces you to come into the store.[/QUOTE]

Then just pick a zip code at random and call any store. TIVs are the same all across the country.

quick question... I ordered a game the other day with my gamestop credit and it went through today and i traded in a few things today to get some more credit and when I go to make an order it includes credit used to purchase the other game. Is there any way in the checkout to specify how much credit you want to use because my order is just going to get canceled if I go through with it. I want to place an order soon because of fear of a sell out for the B2G1. Thanks guys.

[quote name='ClevelandBrowns']quick question... I ordered a game the other day with my gamestop credit and it went through today and i traded in a few things today to get some more credit and when I go to make an order it includes credit used to purchase the other game. Is there any way in the checkout to specify how much credit you want to use because my order is just going to get canceled if I go through with it. I want to place an order soon because of fear of a sell out for the B2G1. Thanks guys.[/QUOTE]

You could probably go back to GameStop and have the credit you want to use for the second order put on to a giftcard. It's what I've done in the past, unfortunately there's really no other way to do it that I know of.

They should be able to apply a specific amount of credit toward the order rather than the whole amount on your edge card. I know they can do this with gift cards because I had the same situation the other day. I had them use a specific amount of a $60 giftcard so that there would be exactly enough left over on the giftcard to cover my preorder that I made on the same GC a few days earlier(since they don't deduct the purchase from the card until it ships). I would think they would be able to do the same with the edge card. (you just need to do the math correctly and make sure they leave the needed amount on the card)

Remember tax is always charged at gamestop.com so for example say you bought a game at the website for 19.99 plus 7% sales tax, you would need to leave $21.39 on the card to cover the bill, even if you are using trade in money from your edge card.

Edit, sorry I didn't understand that you were talking about both orders being online. That is a tough one. May just have to go with the last guys idea.

7/15

x360

mlb 2k10 $12

wii

marvel super hero squad $7
press your luck 2010 $9
mario kart $16.
are you smarter that a 5th grader $3

ds

transformers: autobots $4.75

ps3

marvel ultimate alliance 2 $10