GS TIV & Promos: Old thread, check first/last posts for link to new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
New thread located here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7529052

WHEN REPORTING VALUES PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Upcoming Promos:

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Tiered Trade Offer. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Get 10% extra in-store credit when you trade any game, 20% extra when you trade 3 or 30% when you trade 5 or more.

Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Madden NFL 11. (Ends 8/22/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Madden NFL when you bring in any two select games.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Madden NFL 2011 only. Madden releases 8/10. Release date subject to change. $40 savings is net after trades. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. No rainchecks. See store associate for details. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10[/QUOTE]

Power Trade 25% - Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 11, Metroid: Other M. (Ends 8/22/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Limited Time Power Trade: Get 25% extra in-store credit when you trade your old games toward a new Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M.

Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of Dead Rising 2, Halo Reach, Madden NFL 2011 or Metroid: Other M. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 08/22/10. [/QUOTE]

Extra $20 trade-in credit on handheld hardware. (Ends 9/5/10)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Bring in your DS or PSP today and get a $20 extra in-store credit.

PSPgo trade excluded. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 08/09/10 - 09/05/10.[/QUOTE]

First post contains promo information. The second post contains useful information and frequently asked questions. Third post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Fourth post has the PS2/GC values. Fifth post has DS/PSP/GBA values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='evildeadjedi']Yes sir :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the response.

Here is what I traded in today:

Wii
Resident Evil 4 - 5

PS3

Mercenaries 2 - 4
Darkness - 1.5
Motorstorm - 1.5
Stuntman Ignition - 2.5
Lost Via Domus - 3
Wanted Weapons of Fate - 5.0
Baja Edge of control - 4.0
Haze - 2.75

Traded in 2 Wii games towards Madden NFL preorder:

Super Paper Mario - 11
Boom Blocks Bash Party - 8.0

I also opened up an edge account today and this was my first time trading stuff into GS, I wasn't dissapointed

ahhhh missed the 3/10 trade in, for some reason i thought it'd be extended.

so now i have to either actually pay cash for the games on sale that i want, or trade in my games with no bonuses..... fuck

under the 3/10 i would've ended up with $140+ and been able to order online to get 20 off 80, instead now I'd end up with just under $100 credit and even in order to get that much I'd have to buy games on the spot (with the 25 percent bump if you purchase a new game).

so i think I might just try to resist and skip the sale entirely... had I got out today I would've been all set tho, that really sucks, blah.

traded in some more games:

Xbox 360:
Banjo Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts - $6 (7/18/10)
Ratatouille - $2.50 (7/18/10)
Viva Pinata - $3 (7/18/10)

Okay here's a question. I did the power trade of 25% bonus towards star craft II in our previous promo. I got like $28 in credit towards it.

Could I come back and trade using this new 25% promo and apply it in addition to my previous credit towards it?

Or better yet, could I continuously trade in games toward SCII on different trips to GS until I have enough credit to pay Star Craft II in full? Any help would be great, thanks!

I went to 3 different gamestop around 6:30pm yesterday only to find out they close at 6. I wanted that 25% tradein towards sc2. Crossing my fingers hopefully something better this week.

Here are a few trade in values from Saturday...

PS3
Warhawk - 2.50

X360
Component Cables - 4.50
Wired Headset - 5.00 (Still can't believe this)
Saints Row - 2.50
Tony Hawk's American Wasteland - 2.50

Any new trade in offers?

Can't believe only stuff going on in the game world is
Starcraft II, LEGO: Harry Potter, NCAA Football 11, Madden, and Crackdown

Unfortunately I am not remotely interested in any of those.

well the only new trade in offer is 25 % extra trade in towards purchase or pre order of any new game hmm with edge 10% pre order some game far off like rage or gears 3 and take out that credit a few weeks later

[quote name='killer9']well the only new trade in offer is 25 % extra trade in towards purchase or pre order of any new game hmm with edge 10% pre order some game far off like rage or gears 3 and take out that credit a few weeks later[/QUOTE]

Why do that when you can...

Trade games in and buy any new game in store
Get Gift Receipt
Return Game at a different store
Get credit back on your EDGE Card.

Does anyone know if the list of games for $40 on Crackdown 2 and Madden 11 has updated in-store? I remember from earlier pormotions that it sometimes takes a couple of days.

Also, Wii Sports Resort wasn't on that list before, correct?

Trade in values I forgot to post from the 3 for 10 promo.
Base values from July 14, 2010.
XBOX 360 - Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII = $2.50
XBOX 360 - Tom Clancy's HAWX = $7.00
Wii - House of the Dead 2 & 3 Return = $7.00

Updated lists and database. Hoping to have some time this week to at least finish the conversion of the Wii list, maybe even get the PS3 list started.

Base values today (7-19)

:ds: Ener-G: Gym Rockets - $2.50
:wii: Muramasa: The Demon Blade - $8
:360: Rock Band: AC/DC Track Pack - $2.50
:ps2: Soul Calibur III - $2.75

Base values from yesterday 7-18
Blur PS3 - $22
Final Fantasy XIII PS3 - $17
Lego Harry Potter 360 -$20
Singularity PS3 - $22
Tiger Woods 11 360 - $20
Red Dead Redemption 360 - $24
Ghostbusters 360 - $5
Ninja Blade 360 - $6
Fight night round 4 360 - $5

[quote name='JP']I was surprised by that as well.[/QUOTE]I guess their back-stock of fat PS3s and first-gen slim PS3s is lower than expected?

[quote name='rjbooth']This could really backfire if Sony dropped the price of new systems or added BC again.[/QUOTE]It certainly could, which is why it's worth waiting out a couple of weeks to see if something comes up around early August.

[quote name='iPhone']Does anyone know if the list of games for $40 on Crackdown 2 and Madden 11 has updated in-store? I remember from earlier pormotions that it sometimes takes a couple of days.

Also, Wii Sports Resort wasn't on that list before, correct?[/QUOTE]

On a different note, does anyone know if Gamestop.com pre-orders eventually return the credit to your Edge card? I'm having some trouble over a canceled pre-order and the credit I had associated with it. Essentially, it's gone and I have no idea why it still hasn't been refunded.

$200 no hassles for any PS3 is tempting...I have a refurbished 60GB I bought from GameStop years ago. Held onto it thinking it would eventually be worth something due to the hardware BC...not so much, though, and I'm wondering if I should just toss it now before the inevitable YLOD.

Should I go ahead and trade in Red Dead Redemption towards black-ops with this 25% extra ?

There is still 4 months to go. Anychance I'll get a better deal within that time ?

[quote name='nixmahn']Any new trade in offers?

Can't believe only stuff going on in the game world is
Starcraft II, LEGO: Harry Potter, NCAA Football 11, Madden, and Crackdown

Unfortunately I am not remotely interested in any of those.[/QUOTE]

It's called gaming in July and really it's amazing there are any games outside of the two football games. Usually that's all there is from July-mid August historically.

[quote name='officerrickyross222']about to head out but before i do , does the 25 % extra work with the power sale ?[/QUOTE]

anyone kno ?

[quote name='iPhone']On a different note, does anyone know if Gamestop.com pre-orders eventually return the credit to your Edge card? I'm having some trouble over a canceled pre-order and the credit I had associated with it. Essentially, it's gone and I have no idea why it still hasn't been refunded.[/QUOTE]

Stuff is usually not charged until its about to ship. Did you call their customer service?

[quote name='ApeOverlord007']Would gamestop take my PSP even though it has no charger or battery? Would they just deduct the $15 for refurb?[/QUOTE]

Nope You have to have everything. You could buy the charger to put with it though.

[quote name='rjbooth']I was told no, however the store never did try to ring it up.[/QUOTE]

it does work confirmed just a sec ago :applause:

WWE smackdown vs. Raw 360 & PS3 $12
Bakugan Battle Brawlers 360 - $7

Local hollywood dumping everything for 90 percent off, snagged 5 copies of wwe for a total of 14 dollars. Turned it around to gamestop for 70 trade in after the trade 3 get an extra 10 deal. Bought fallout 3 goty and assassins creed 2 for 40 and 20, respectively, (power saver sale), and put the last ten on new vegas. All for 14 dollars.

great day at gamestop. i used my powerup b2g1f to get atv reflex, rabbids go home and terminator salvation(easy plat, free game, 7 tiv) all for a total of $32.38. rabbids had a sticker price of 26.99 but i was like i think this is cheaper and he went, yeah it is...lol. i then went to flip reflex and rabbids go home for 20 each but they had problems with the computer saying it wouldnt let them give me 20 each for preordering madden but they could give me crackdown with the discount, i said go for it. so it might no longer work on preorders, it has to be a new copy purchased at the time of trade in. they gave me base, then +25%, then manually adjusted from base to give me 20 each,n then +10%. omg! :) so i got $48.01 and bought crackdown for $11.99 credit and gonna return it tomorrow. so all in all i made $16 and got terminator for free, after i plat i flip for $7, so 23 free money, woot. oh yeah

base tiv
mx vs atv reflex 360 - $4
rabbids go home wii - $5

so they bumped my order up +$39, woot. peace all!

Last edited by a moderator:
great day for me aswell :D finally got bayonetta, darksiders, arkam asylum, fallout goty, might take fallout back tho. only want the dlc

Traded in two games toward a new game yesterday toward just cause 2 and didn't get any bonus other than edge. Any idea what to do? Should I bring in my reciept tomorrow and try and get the credit?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back