GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
When you're doing a trade-in and you give the employee your phone number. What do they see on their screen other than your name and address?

Can they see that I've traded in like 30 games this month?

[quote name='Tony208']When you're doing a trade-in and you give the employee your phone number. What do they see on their screen other than your name and address?

Can they see that I've traded in like 30 games this month?[/QUOTE]

They don't see what you have traded in recently.

Anyone got an idea on what the TIV for ODST or Brutal Legend on 360 will be next week? Or this week if possible, I would just call and ask, but where I live i have no cell signal.

Here's my trade-ins for today:

Xbox
Destroy All Humans 3: 11.75
Mercenaries 2: 4.50
Velvet Assassin: 3.75 (accurate)
Left 4 Dead: 15 (accurate)

quick question. seeming how gamestop wont accept multiple copies at one store, can i trade 1 Fairytales Fighters at one gamestop, then another at another store , and so on, all in the same day?

[quote name='dramasetter929']quick question. seeming how gamestop wont accept multiple copies at one store, can i trade 1 Fairytales Fighters at one gamestop, then another at another store , and so on, all in the same day?[/QUOTE]
I believe that would work, as when u give them your phone number they see your name and address, but not what you've traded in.
And you get the 50% coupon from their email deals.

Anyone looking to trade Arkham Asylum send it to Amazon. Trade deal of the Day is $33. I was able to use last weeks B2G1 to make a nice flip.

Got some values but I have to find my receipt.

[quote name='dramasetter929']quick question. seeming how gamestop wont accept multiple copies at one store, can i trade 1 Fairytales Fighters at one gamestop, then another at another store , and so on, all in the same day?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lovick']I believe that would work, as when u give them your phone number they see your name and address, but not what you've traded in.
And you get the 50% coupon from their email deals.[/QUOTE]

Over my 2+ years on CAG, I've seen people say they got banned from GS for buying a lot of the same game or trading in a lot of the same game. The one I remember clearly is a couple of people who said they got banned for buying up copies of Wii Sports from various stores. So, there must be some kind of system they use to red flag certain "high" risk customers, those that they consider to be resellers. I honestly don't know how this works exactly, or if the CAGs that reported these things were telling us the whole story, but I would definitely keep it in mind.

[quote name='lovick']Sooo... i'll ask again, anyone know tradein value for ODST and Brutal Legend?[/QUOTE]

Both are in the OP. ODST's TIV is from yesterday, but BL is from 12/6. And I'm sure if anyone who follows this this thread has a newer TIV, they would have shared it with us already.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Both are in the OP. ODST's TIV is from yesterday, but BL is from 12/6. And I'm sure if anyone who follows this this thread has a newer TIV, they would have shared it with us already.[/QUOTE]
I saw the ones in the OP, wasn't sure if anyone had anything newer.

Can someone please help me find the 50% trade in coupon.
I cannot find it, I do not get their emails.

I just signed up though. :/

edit: lol nevermind Imma idiot just found it on teh front page.

[quote name='jp0213']I think their is a central database or something that District Managers and a few others can look at.[/QUOTE]

It is diligent employees who recognize the same guys doing large amounts of trades. When it becomes obvious that someone is flipping large quantities of games they will cut them off.

Just called my Gamestop asking about the PSP/DS trade in 2/3 get $5/10 and the guy said he didn't see anything on it at all.. Boo that would be the only way I'd trade them in I think since otherwise they're pretty crappy values.. lol

[quote name='meds']It is diligent employees who recognize the same guys doing large amounts of trades. When it becomes obvious that someone is flipping large quantities of games they will cut them off.[/QUOTE]

That's a huge YMMV. They can deny any trades, but outside of multiple copies of the same game it's pretty rare for GS to cut someone off.

[quote name='bigpimpin24']Just called my Gamestop asking about the PSP/DS trade in 2/3 get $5/10 and the guy said he didn't see anything on it at all.. Boo that would be the only way I'd trade them in I think since otherwise they're pretty crappy values.. lol[/QUOTE]

It's in this week's ad. Why call GS when CAGs know the deals better than many employees? ;)

Lol. After just looking the ad up on their website I see you're right. Yeah I suppose you're right though, you guys usually do have the upper hand xD. Thanks :p

[quote name='meds']It is diligent employees who recognize the same guys doing large amounts of trades. When it becomes obvious that someone is flipping large quantities of games they will cut them off.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't call them diligent; more jackasses. How dare we try to make a couple bucks by flipping games? I mean, they are still going to make their ridiculous markup on the used games, so what's the big deal? Fight Night 4 is trading in for like $6 right now and is still being sold at $34.99.

Metroid Prime Trilogy is $20 @ BB this week. GS TIV is $19.50. Decent flip with 3/4 trade, even more with 50% coupon. If you have some rewards zone credits, makes it even sweeter. :)

my trade in for yesterday:

used +50% coupon + 10% edge:

COD MW 2 PS3 --- $30 + $18
COD WAW 360 --- $8.75 + $5.26
Halo Wars 360 --- $8.00 + $4.80
Tiger Woods 07 360 --- $1.50 + $0.90
Fairytale Fights PS3 --- $9.00 + $5.40
TOTAL: 90.81
and then the 4 for +$20 deal

Battlefield: BC PS3 --- $5.75 + $5.58
Skate PS3 --- $5.75 + $5.58
Assassin's Creed PS3 -- $7.75 + $5.78
Fairytale Fights 360 --- $9.00 + 5.90
TOTAL: 51.09
so fairytale fights is apparently $9....decent flip....(BB is $22 tho)

not to brag but....notice I got three saints rows today too... but since I have three gamestops within 2 miles in MASS it was a piece of cake and an easy $15 profit. I haven't finished ass creed 2 or Forza 3 but I am going to find them after the holidays when the prices lower on amazon or GS. I love getting the better of Gamestop

Uncharted 2..................... $40.00 50%add
Little Big Planet............... $16.40 50%add
Mirror's Edge................................................ $11.88 t4=20
NBA 2K9........................................................... $7.75 t4=20
Orange Box................................................... $12.15 t4=20
Resistance....................................................... $7.75 t4=20
Saints Row 2................................................. $10.50 t4=20
Buzz................................................................... $8.03 t4=20
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion................................ $13.80 t4=20
Tiger Woods 10.............. $32.00 50%add
Tomb Raider Anniversary............................. $8.30 t4=20
Tomb Raider Legend....................................... $7.20 t4=20
Top Spin 3...................................................... $11.88 t4=20
World Series of Poker 08............................ $11.60 t4=20
Prince Of Persia.............................................. $8.85 t4=20
Race Pro.......................................................... $10.78 t4=20
Mini Ninjas.................................................... $14.35 t4=20
Forza 3.............................. $40.00 50%add
Grid.................................................................. $10.78 t4=20
Assassin's Creed 2......... $48.00 50%add
Blue Dragon...................................................... $7.75 t4=20

Total back >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>$360.73

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='tattoojeep']not to brag but....

Uncharted 2$25.00$27.50$12.50$0.00$40.00
Little Big Planet$10.25$11.28$5.13$0.00$16.40
Mirror's Edge$6.25$6.88$0.00$5.00$11.88
NBA 2K9$2.50$2.75$0.00$5.00$7.75
Orange Box
$6.50$7.15$0.00$5.00$12.15
Resistance
$2.50$2.75$0.00$5.00$7.75
Saints Row 2
$5.00$5.50$0.00$5.00$10.50
Saints Row 2
Saints Row 2
Buzz
$2.75$3.03$0.00$5.00$8.03
Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
$8.00$8.80$0.00$5.00$13.80
Tiger Woods 10
$20.00$22.00$10.00$0.00$32.00
Tomb Raider Anniversary$3.00$3.30$0.00$5.00$8.30
Tomb Raider Legend$2.00$2.20$0.00$5.00$7.20
Top Spin 3$6.25$6.88$0.00$5.00$11.88
World Series of Poker 2008$6.00$6.60$0.00$5.00$11.60
Prince Of Persia$3.50$3.85$0.00$5.00$8.85
Race Pro$5.25$5.78$0.00$5.00$10.78
Mini Ninjas
$8.50$9.35$0.00$5.00$14.35
Forza 3$25.00$27.50$12.50$0.00$40.00
Grid
$5.25$5.78$0.00$5.00$10.78
Assassin's Creed 2
$30.00$33.00$15.00$0.00$48.00
Blue Dragon$2.50$2.75$0.00$5.00$7.75
$360.73[/QUOTE]

After all that, I can still barely read it...

That's just....wow. I'm not going to be able to use that info because it'll take me about 20 minutes or more to decipher the prices.

Must have used one of those pen scanner things rofl. TIV values for today on old stuff:

PSP:
Fifa World Cup 2006 1.75
Puzzle Challenge: Crosswords 1.50
Twisted Metal: Head On: 1.25
Tekken Dark Resurrection: 6.50
WWE Smackdown vs Raw 2006: 1.25
Hot Shots Open Tee: 1.25
Astonishia Story: 1.00
Killzone Liberation 4.50
Kao Challenger .80

Nintendo DS:
Charlottes Web: 1.25
Dino Master: Dig Discover Duel: 1.00
Garfield Tail of Two Kitties: 1.25
Simpsons The Game: 3.25
Mario & Sonic Olympic Games: 7.25

Total after 2/3 get $5/$10 promo 72.21

Just noticed I missed out on an extra 10$ cause of the games that were exactly at 1$ and didn't qualify. :( Oh well, they were just sitting around anyways..

[quote name='tattoojeep']sorry ... It took me awhile to fix it but it was fixed... excel doesn't come over to CAG easily[/QUOTE]

That doesn't look much better. Just put base TiVs in your posts to make it easier on jp and the rest of us. No need for info on the promos you used or how much you walked away with.

Here is what I have to report from today:

:psp:
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite - $5

:360:
Band Hero - $19.25
NCAA Footbal 10 - $16.75
Left 4 Dead - $15
Red Faction - $12.50
Cars Race O Rama - $9.75
IL-2 Sturmovik - $15
NPPL Paintball - $6
Cabela Outdoor Adventure - $6

Madagascar Karts - was in the $5-8 range. I didn't trade it so I don't remember the exact value, figured the info is more useful than having no value in the OP.

TIVS from last night (all base values)

Assassin's Creed 2(360) $30
Assassin's Creed 2(PS3) $30
Mirror's Edge (PS3) $7
MLB 2K9 (PS3) $6.25
Assassin's Creed (360) $5.75

My trades from today (Base TIVs before promos, all are 360 unless specified)

Fairytale Fights (360/PS3) - 9.00
Namco Museum Virtual Arcade - 5.50
Dragon Age: Origins - 23.50
Star Wars : The Force Unleashed - 2.00
NBA Street Homecourt - 2.00
Lost Odyssey - 9.00
Marvel UA/Forza 2 Pack - 2.25
Crackdown - 2.75

Base Values from today:
Rock Band Metal Track Pack :360: 5.25
Metal Gear Solid 4 :ps3: 4.00
Dead Space :ps3: 6.00
Godfather 2 :ps3: 8.00

Modern Warfare 2 :360: 30.00
Guitar Hero: Smash Hits :360: 11.25
X-Men Origins: Wolverine :360: 9.25
Fairytale Fights :ps3: 9.00
Brutal Legend :ps3: 23.50

Base Values:

PS3 FairyTale Fights - $9.00
Xbox 360 FairyTale Fights - $9.00
Xbox 360 Wanted Weapons of Fate - $4.00
PS3 Saints Row 2 - $5.00

Xbox 360 - TNA Wrestling - $1.00

The clerk just smiled and asked to see "my Rewards card".

Some base values from earlier today:

COD: WAW:360:-$8.75
Halo 3:360:-$9.00
Fairytale Fights:360:-$9
Fairytale Fights:ps3:-$9

After the trade 4/get $20 bonus and EDGE the total came out to $59.33. I bought the God Of War Collection(new/sealed) and put down pre-orders for Darksiders and God Of War III with most of what was left.

Funny thing is, the first two 360 games came from the Hollywood Video from the $5 sale, where I traded 2 other copies of Fairytale Fights for $16 a pop before hitting GS. LMAO

Both answers in the first post. 12/27 on when it ends and the coupon is also in the first post. The promo could be extended though, that part isn't in the first post.

Totally random, got a call today from Game Stop telling me that I might have unused credit, so I went to gamestop.com/credit and sure enough I had 12.xx unused somehow o_O ...not complaining...

12/21

:360: CoD World at War - $8.75
:360: GTA IV - $6.25
:ps3: Far Cry 2 - $6.50
:ps3: Saints Row 2 - $5

With Edge plus the $20 bonus I got $49.15, not bad at all.
The Far Cry 2 was rejected by NorAm/Amazon for "missing item" and yet it was mint and complete. Go figure... I got $12.15 for it at GS compared to the $10 NorAm was gonna give me, so screw 'em ;).

It's kind of amazing, but it looks like I'll be passing on the 50% coupon this time. I guess if the $20 bonus for 4 games promo wasn't running I would have used it for sure. But since I've had very little that had a base value over $10, the 50% was worse than the $5 bonus per game.

12/21 Trade-Ins

:360:
Lord Of The Rings Conquest - $5.00
Harry Potter OotP - $2.75 (down $0.50 for 10/22)
Simpson The Game - $7.00
Legendary - $4.50 (down $0.75 from 11/3)
Bully Scholarship Edition - $8.00

:wii:
Lego Batman - $6.00 (up $1.00 from 7/27)
Thrillville - $3.00
Speed Racer - $3.00 (down $3.00 from 1/20)
Metroid Prime 3 Corruption - $3.00
Soul Calibur Legends - $3.25 (down $1.25 from 10/6)
Wii Music - $3.00 (down $5.00 from 10/3) - OUCH!
Bigs 2 - $8.00
Far Cry Vengance - $1.75 (down $1.75 from 7/15)

[quote name='perdition(troy']mw2
ps3-30
360-30

uncharted 2 - 25

mario and sonic winter olympics - 15

my credit after flipping two sets of these, 320. nice day.[/QUOTE]

hmm why didnt u trade in 1 more game and use the 50% extra bonux?

coulda netted... $15+$15+$12.50+7.50 ($50 extra?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back