GS TIV: Trade 2/4/7 get extra $10/25/50 on 360/PS3/Wii games, $30 HW bonus on new HW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
NEW THREAD HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6866412

[quote name='CheapyD']I'd like to encourage you guys to submit your GameStop trade-in values to our database directly. You can access it from the main navigation bar under Retailers -> GameStop or here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/retailer.php?do=view&retailerid=13[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

Upcoming Promos:

[quote name='Rei no Otaku']I didn't see this posted here.

I work at GS and we just got the info on this in today's store informer. Basically 50% trade in credit on ALL games. Yes, every game and no minimum value. As usual it stacks with Edge card.

I know I have some crap to unload come Monday![/QUOTE]

flagg1216 also noted that this promo only goes for a week.

[quote name='flagg1216']wii/ps3/360 trade 2 for 20% bonus 4 for 30%bonus or 6+ for 40%

no other info.no pics.[/QUOTE]
This one will probably start after the week long Extra 50% on all games promo.

GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

Trade more, get more! (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any 2 Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games and get an extra $10 trade-in credit, trade 4 get $25 or trade 7 get $50.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Games with a trade value of $5.00 or less are excluded from offer. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. Offer not good on cash trades.[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (2/21/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 2/21/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID (thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Arkansas, California, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases: Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
For those thinking of doing the 'buy a new 360 Elite, get a $50 GS gift card' promo that's going on from the 15th till the 21st, the price of the Elite is reduced by $50 and the gift card is added to the total purchase price for the transaction.

tl;dr version: You ain't getting jack shit 'free'. I'm debating if I wanna keep the Elite I bought about an hour ago or just return it and the gift card for my $321 and change back.

Called today to find out an updated TIV for the Xbox 360 wireless G adapter since I was thinking of upgrading to the new "N" adapter.

Base TIV 1/17/2010
iconxbox360.gif

Wireless G Adapter $20 (big drop)

[quote name='MSUHitman']No change to wireless 360 controller TIV @ Arnold, MO Gamestop on 1-16.[/QUOTE]

so is it still ~$11.50? Can't seem to find it on database, did a thread search and that was the rice in early December 09. Thanks.

[quote name='dizdaz']Updated TIV 1/18
Just called Gamestop today
Army of Two 40th Day is $22 for PS3[/QUOTE]

Damn only $22? Didn't AoT 40th Day just come out a week ago?

[quote name='brother bendu']Damn only $22? Didn't AoT 40th Day just come out a week ago?[/QUOTE]

yea i know right? weird.. i asked for bayonetta and darksiders and they were still $25.
maybe AoT sucked too much? lol

[quote name='dizdaz']yea i know right? weird.. i asked for bayonetta and darksiders and they were still $25.
maybe AoT sucked too much? lol[/QUOTE]

Maybe they're expecting a lot of people to trade it in, and for them to lower the price based on the first Army of Two?

[quote name='dizdaz']yea i know right? weird.. i asked for bayonetta and darksiders and they were still $25.
maybe AoT sucked too much? lol[/QUOTE]

Maybe it does lol. Sounds like I rather sell AoT on Ebay and get more of a profit.

Thanks for the info!

[quote name='tattoojeep']Does anyone know what James Cameron Avatar trades for?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='tattoojeep']bump... avatar? ps3?[/QUOTE]

If someone else has the TIV, they will report it. You could also call them yourself and report it so we have it.

PS3 updates for today 1-18
Fairytale Fights still $9
Ratchet and Clank Tools of Destruction still $7.50
Ratchet and Clank Crack in Time down to $21

Traded all the above in for Darksiders. Got the bump in credit for the "get the biggest new titles for $19.99" deal for Crack in Time. Got the 30% extra and 10% EDGE bonuses on all games. All told, bought Darksiders and added $1.01 to EDGE card. Below are TIVs after bonuses.

Fairytale Fights $12.60
Tools of Destruction $10.50
Crack in Time $42.10

[quote name='GuardianE']Wow. You bumped a two hour old post?

Try calling a Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

b!te me.... the post was getting buried.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']If someone else has the TIV, they will report it. You could also call them yourself and report it so we have it.[/QUOTE]

your right i could... i thought this was a forum where you could find out and ask if anyone knows what the TIV is for certain things. sorry for not understanding what this web site and forum post was for.

:booty::booty:

[quote name='tattoojeep']b!te me.... the post was getting buried.[/QUOTE]

What, do you check this thread every one or two hours to remind people that you're looking for a TIV? No one has it. Try calling a Gamestop and reporting the TIV here like bigdaddybruce mentioned.

You asked. No one had it. Make yourself useful, or get bent.

TIV as of 1/18

Prof. Layton and the Curious Village (DS)- $15
Sudoku Ball Detective (DS)-$6.50

Nothings changed...too bad I totally overlooked the 30% TIV increase coupon for DS games....dern!

Does anyone know Madden 10 for PS3 trade in value after the 30%? I wanna drop it before it goes to basically nothing.

[quote name='tattoojeep']b!te me.... the post was getting buried.[/QUOTE]

There is a trade in value tracker if you look under retailers -> Gamestop

Granted the PS3 version is not listed but all things considered, the :360: version is most likely the same price, give or take a penny.

[quote name='jd2k9']Does anyone know Madden 10 for PS3 trade in value after the 30%? I wanna drop it before it goes to basically nothing.[/QUOTE]

According to the Gamestop TIV tracker thing on here, it'd be $28.XX after 30%, but that doesn't seem right -- too high for a sports game, no matter how new, lol. I'd call 'em and ask what the base trade in value is though, then just use a calculator to provide what you're looking for.

[quote name='HydroX']According to the Gamestop TIV tracker thing on here, it'd be $28.XX after 30%, but that doesn't seem right -- too high for a sports game, no matter how new, lol. I'd call 'em and ask what the base trade in value is though, then just use a calculator to provide what you're looking for.[/QUOTE]

Ya that does seem too high. Because soon it will go to nothing when playoffs end. Every year I end up keeping it and getting nothing. My bro also has a copy for his PS3 so I figure I mise well trade it now before its too late. But ya seems way too high.

[quote name='aspen1284']TIV as of 1/18

Prof. Layton and the Curious Village (DS)- $15
Sudoku Ball Detective (DS)-$6.50

[/QUOTE]

^Ditto and I used the 30% ds coupon not a bad deal :applause:.

[quote name='jd2k9']Ya that does seem too high. Because soon it will go to nothing when playoffs end. Every year I end up keeping it and getting nothing. My bro also has a copy for his PS3 so I figure I mise well trade it now before its too late. But ya seems way too high.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I used to do the same thing. Dump it before the end of playoffs because it ALWAYS takes a Hindenburg nose dive to $1.00 TIV

[quote name='HydroX']Yeah, I used to do the same thing. Dump it before the end of playoffs because it ALWAYS takes a Hindenburg nose dive to $1.00 TIV[/QUOTE]

Ya I am gonna head there now and check it out. Id rather just go there (its only 2-3 mins away) so mise well. I hope i can get atleast $20.. but we shall see.

WOW so I am pretty surprised yet very happy :) I ended up trading Madden 10 (PS3) in for $30.45 after the extra 30% plus the extra 10% from edge card.. So $30.45 for Madden with the inevitable price drop of it going down to $2-3 TIV by the time the playoffs end w00t.. Also I got it for $50.00 when it came out anyways so I got plenty of playing time in with it only to lose $19 cant beat that. Plus my bro also has a PS3 and Madden 10 so I can still play it whenever I want.

[quote name='jd2k9']WOW so I am pretty surprised yet very happy :) I ended up trading Madden 10 (PS3) in for $30.45 after the extra 30% plus the extra 10% from edge card.. So $30.45 for Madden with the inevitable price drop of it going down to $2-3 TIV by the time the playoffs end w00t.. Also I got it for $50.00 when it came out anyways so I got plenty of playing time in with it only to lose $19 cant beat that. Plus my bro also has a PS3 and Madden 10 so I can still play it whenever I want.[/QUOTE]

Wow, nice! I'm shocked (and pleased) that you got as much as you did. I guess the tracker was up-to-date.

[quote name='HydroX']Wow, nice! I'm shocked (and pleased) that you got as much as you did. I guess the tracker was up-to-date.[/QUOTE]

Ya I know! Thanks :) I never thought I would get so much for it this late into the season/playoffs. I know the 2 guys at gamestop were pretty surprised when it showed up as that much. He said its going to drop down to virtually nothing very soon (as we all know) but ya it worked out great.

[quote name='GuardianE']What, do you check this thread every one or two hours to remind people that you're looking for a TIV? No one has it. Try calling a Gamestop and reporting the TIV here like bigdaddybruce mentioned.

You asked. No one had it. Make yourself useful, or get bent.[/QUOTE]

Some people are too lazy to do their own legwork to get their own answer to a question they have and would rather repeat and repeat the question until someone breaks down and gets the info FOR them.

I've seen it ALOT in newbies who have been here less than 6 months, but there are some veteran CAG's who do it too. It's just annoying, but since people keep catering to them it'll continue.

[quote name='sylaxRKO']I have a 360 that has an open tray error will GS buy it[/QUOTE]
Can it play games?
Not really sure what the open trade error is, but if it can play games they should take it.

[quote name='lovick']Can it play games?
Not really sure what the open trade error is, but if it can play games they should take it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure either, but I'm sure GameStop will take any open trade that you have. They just won't give you much for it.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Some people are too lazy to do their own legwork to get their own answer to a question they have and would rather repeat and repeat the question until someone breaks down and gets the info FOR them.

I've seen it ALOT in newbies who have been here less than 6 months, but there are some veteran CAG's who do it too. It's just annoying, but since people keep catering to them it'll continue.[/QUOTE]

Excuse me. I am at work and cannot make a phone call. I looked up on the site to see how much it was selling for. This forum is for that if you have not figured it out yet. I have been on this site for over two years and have spent alot of time helping others figure out what prices things were going for and I would think that if I asked the question I wouldn't get flamed for it. what gives you the right to flame me because I bumped a thread that was no longer on the first page of this forum section. SOme people can be so rude!

[quote name='tattoojeep']Excuse me. I am at work and cannot make a phone call. I looked up on the site to see how much it was selling for. This forum is for that if you have not figured it out yet. I have been on this site for over two years and have spent alot of time helping others figure out what prices things were going for and I would think that if I asked the question I wouldn't get flamed for it. what gives you the right to flame me because I bumped a thread that was no longer on the first page of this forum section. SOme people can be so rude![/QUOTE]

It's fine to ask once.

To bump it an hour or two later on a thread that is constantly on the first page - now that's ridiculous.

So if you're at work (or even if you're not), one post asking the value should be more than suitable... why? It's called having patience. It's not like the trade value is going to change within a matter of hours - someone will post it if they have it, when they see your question - so if you're at work, just call on a break or call after work. It's not like PS3 Avatar is breaking banks or anything.

Also: This post is in the deals forum, where people post deals and help to update with trade values after they return from the store, not constantly yammering every hour "zomg wut iz teh avatar ps3 trade valu at now!!?!!!"

The first amendment gives us the right to "flame" you, if that's what you want to call it. If you think that's flaming then you have lots to learn, young Padawan.

[quote name='jd2k9']WOW so I am pretty surprised yet very happy :) I ended up trading Madden 10 (PS3) in for $30.45 after the extra 30% plus the extra 10% from edge card.. So $30.45 for Madden with the inevitable price drop of it going down to $2-3 TIV by the time the playoffs end w00t.. Also I got it for $50.00 when it came out anyways so I got plenty of playing time in with it only to lose $19 cant beat that. Plus my bro also has a PS3 and Madden 10 so I can still play it whenever I want.[/QUOTE]

I was thinking about trading NBA 2K10 but it's only 16 base, now I'm thinking Madden. I also thought Resistance 2 would get more than 6.25 but oh well.

[quote name='funkflexmctough']I was thinking about trading NBA 2K10 but it's only 16 base, now I'm thinking Madden. I also thought Resistance 2 would get more than 6.25 but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Resistance 2 TIV is only $6.25? WTF? That sounds like the GameSpot I know lol.

01/19/10:

:360:Star Wars: The Force Unleashed $2.00
:360:Plug and Charge Kit $5.25

Bah, forgot these as well:
:360: Tekken 6 $22.00
:360: Assassin's Creed 2 $25.00

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='brother bendu']Resistance 2 TIV is only $6.25? WTF? That sounds like the GameSpot I know lol.[/QUOTE]
Amazing how much that error still gets made. ;)

[quote name='brother bendu']Resistance 2 TIV is only $6.25? WTF? That sounds like the GameSpot I know lol.[/QUOTE]

Not really a surprise. Resistance 2 came out over a year ago. You can get used copies on eBay for like $25.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Amazing how much that error still gets made. ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL Opps! GameSTOP. Thanks for the correction.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Not really a surprise. Resistance 2 came out over a year ago. You can get used copies on eBay for like $25.[/QUOTE]

Oh I thought it might sell higher on Ebay, because its a PS3 game and it seems for the most part they hold their value longer than Xbox 360 games. Guess I was wrong. . .:cry:

Also I do not know if this was posted already, but MadWorld is $5 TIV.

TIV update
Dark Void for PS3- $20

Wow it was $20 on the launch day. I asked the Gamestop dude because I was kind of interested in the game because i kinda enjoyed the demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back