GS Trade-in Values: Old Thread, Check First/Last Post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JP

CAG Veteran
Feedback
181 (100%)
THIS THREAD LOCKED, NEW ONE HERE: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6952150

[quote name='CheapyD']Also, the CAG Trade-In Value Tracker is now live and accessible from the main navigation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='jp0213']I've received a couple pm's from people wanting to contribute prices but don't want to get harassed about selling to someone or getting more at place x. If this is the case for anyone, you can pm me any values and I'll update them in the list and database.[/QUOTE]

PLEASE POST BASE VALUES & SYSTEM IT IS FOR.

Current Promos:
GameStop.com Information (will post it when they update it)

50% Bonus On All Games Traded (3/17/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games and receive an extra 50% trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Offer good towards games normally accepted in trade only. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

$30 Towards New Hardware (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade in any Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, DSi, DSlite or PSP toward any new systems and get an extra $30 trade-in credit.

Expires: 3/14/2010. Offer only valid toward the purchase of a new hardware system. Offer not good on cash trades. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Hardware must have all necessary components for trade. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer vailid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only.[/QUOTE]

Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III (4/4/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Save $40 on Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III when trade 2 select Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii games.

Click Here for details.

Offer valid toward a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII or God of War III only. Final Fantasy XIII releases 3/11/10, God of War III releases 3/16/10. Release date subject to change. Customer may be responsible for sales tax on full retail price in some states. Price shown is net after trades. God of War III's and Final Fantasy XIII's regular retail price is $59.99. Net retail will differ for special editions. Offer and qualifying titles for trade subject to change without notice. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. See store associate for details. No dealers. No rainchecks.Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only. Offer valid 02/22/10 - 04/04/10..[/QUOTE]

Power Trades 25% (3/14/2010)
[quote name='GameStop.com']Trade any games towards the pre-order or purchase of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell: Conviction: Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption or Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver and receive an extra 25% Trade-in Credit!

Expires: 3/14/2010. Full trade value amount must be applied toward pre-order/purchase of a new copy of God of War III, Final Fantasy XIII, Splinter Cell Conviction, Battlefield Bad Company 2, Red Dead Redemption, Pokemon Heart Gold or Pokemon Soul Silver. Trades must be in full working condition to receive full value. Cannot be combined with any other offer. Trade-ins subject to manager approval. Offer valid only toward games normally accepted in trade. See store associate for details. No dealers. Offer valid in the United States, Puerto Rico and Guam only..[/QUOTE]

Nintendo DSi XL Promo (Unsure End Date)
[quote name='vze21gwa']Gamestop is having a trade up offer for the Nintendo DSi XL, where you can get one for $99.99 if you trade in your DSi or $129.99 if you trade in your ds lite. Just thought to let you know cause it's not posted.
[/QUOTE]

GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID(thanks Xfactor4)
THE GAMESTOP USED GAME PRODUCT ID "CRACKED":

:gc:=916xxx
:360:=952xxx
:ps2:=938xxx or 939xxx
:wii:=917xxx
:psp:=935xxx
:ds:=919xxx
:ps3:=930xxx
:gba:=914xxx

FAQ
These trade-in values are really low!
While that may be true, if you combine the games with the right promotion they can work to your advantage. There are knowledgeable people in this thread that are normally willing to help.

Can I trade-in sealed games?
No. You might come across the rare GameStop that would let you do it, but they are going to open them anyway.

Do trade-ins have to have their original case, insert and manual?
No, however it will be YMMV on if they charge you a refurbish fee for them in that condition. Most GameStops wont charge a fee but there are some that charge for incomplete games.

Will they accept my game if it is really beat up?
YMMV. It really all depends upon the employee you get. Some will charge refurbish fees, some wont, some wont accept the game and others just take them without a second glance.

I have a Collector's/Limited/Special edition of a game, do I have to trade-in all of the extras?
No, but there are a handful of games that their variations have separate listings at GameStop: Madden 09 Anniversary Edition, Battlefield: Bad Company Gold Edition, and a few others.

Can I trade in multiple copies of the same game?
YMMV. The official policy is no, but there are some GameStops that overlook that rule.

What all do I have to trade in for a console trade-in?
Xbox 360: Console Unit, power brick, A/V Cables, Controller (wired/wireless)
Wii: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cables, Wiimote, Nunchuck, Sensor Bar
Playstation 3: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller, USB Cable
Playstation 2: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller (Must be a DualShock2)
GameCube: Console Unit, Power Cable, A/V Cable, Controller
PSP: Handheld, A/C Adapter
Nintendo DS/DSLite/DSi: Handheld, A/C Adapter, Stylus

Can I trade in a defective/broken console?
For the most part yes. If it powers on but doesn't play games, they will take the console as a refurb unit and cut the trade-in value in half. You are still required to trade in everything required listed in the question directly above.

How much does an EDGE card subscription cost?
It costs $14.99 and is good for a year. It also comes with a 1-year subscription to Game Informer magazine.

What bonuses come with having an EDGE card?
You will get an extra 10% trade-in credit on the base value of the game and an extra 10% off the purchase of used games.

Does the EDGE Card give me a bonus on hardware trade-ins?
No. You will only get the bonus for games and accessories.

What if I want cash instead of credit, what do they deduct?
If you decide that you want cash instead of credit, they will take 20% off the base values and promos will not apply.

Does promo "....." have a minimum trade-in value?
If the promo has a minimum trade-in value requirement, it will be listed in the promo. If it isn't there, then there is no limit. However, as with all trades, they are subject to manager approval so the manager could have setup his own little rule-set requiring a minimum of whatever.

I used a Power Trade promo for a pre-order, can I cancel that pre-order and get the credit or move it to another game I want?
Yes on both accounts. However, if you do a bunch of the power trades and just straight drop the pre-order you could create some ill-will between yourself and the employees you cancel on.

I just tried to use a promo that has a select list of games eligible, but they say my game isn't eligible anymore, what gives?
Basically they have the right to change the eligible games at any time. They tend to update these frequently so as to lock out any easy/cheap games. It's best to check the eligible list the day of your trade.

Can I stack two different trade-in promos?
No. The only thing that will stack with trade-ins is your EDGE card.

If I pay for an item using all credit on my card, do I have to pay sales tax?
This varies depending upon the state you live in.

What states charge sales tax on purchases made with credit and which ones don't?
Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arkansas, California, Florida, Maryland, Michigan, Pennsylvania,
Does Not Charge Sales Tax on Credit Purchases:Arizona, Colorado, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, Oregon, Texas, Wisconsin, Virginia,

My state doesn't charge sales tax on purchases made by credit, why is gamestop.com charging me tax?
It is just the way they have designed their system. The best theory we have seen is that since you are only inputting the number off of the back of the card, it isn't going to pick up the programming from the specially tagged EDGE cards.

First post contains promo information and the FAQ. Second post has the 360/Wii/PS3 values. Third post has the PS2/GC values. Fourth post has PSP/DS values.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
JP I added them all to the cag database to save you from having to do it.
(- went down + went up)
All base
Ps3
Dragon age-19.25
Dead space-6.00
Call of duty Mw2-23.00
Call of duty Waw-12.75
Bayonetta-24.00 -
Ghostbusters-6.00 -
Quantum of Solace-5.50 +
Turning point: fall of liberty-2.00 +
Lost Odyssey-8.00
After edge and promo I gained 170.40 to my credit total :lol:

All PS3
Base/Promo+Edge

Resistance - 7.00/11.20
Mirror's Edge - 6.75/10.81
Pure - 6.00/9.60
Prince of Persia - 5.25/8.39
Fuel - 3.75/6.01
Uncharted - 9.50/15.20
Eternal Sonata - 10.25/16.40

I used Uncharted and Eternal sonata towards my purchase of FFXIII bringing trade in value to 20.95 with edge for Uncharted and 21.02 with edge for Eternal Sonata.

[quote name='GUNNM']So AC2 TIV would be around 22$?[/QUOTE]

The AC2 TIV has been quite jumpy lately, if anything you should call first and see what it is at the moment.

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']My wording was off. ECA[/QUOTE]

No, i'm pretty sure after all we know, you're still wrong. But that's another discussion.

Either way, your response to jody in this thread is pretty evident of how much of an ass you are.

I think I'm gonna be trading in the following:

Pikmin (New Play Control!) - Wii
Ford Racing Off Road - Wii
2 Wii Wheels
Uncharted 2 - PS3
Tekken 6 - 360 (If I can get one at Family Video)

[quote name='confoosious']what the f are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

[quote name='JohnDoeHoe22']My wording was off. ECA[/QUOTE]

[quote name='confoosious']No, i'm pretty sure after all we know, you're still wrong. But that's another discussion.

Either way, your response to jody in this thread is pretty evident of how much of an ass you are.[/QUOTE]

Let's talk about video games

Nope, not an ass. Just very blunt and truthful, I don't hold back, but you all know that.

Gamestop haters refer to Page 7. Back to the thread.

eric-cartman-240.jpg

All 360 (besides KZ2) (w/ promo included)

Orange Box - $10.50
GTA IV - $6
Killzone 2 - $15.50
Battlestations: Pacific - 11.25
Ace Combat 6 - $13.50
+10% Edge Card

Total - $62.50

Put all towards Battlefield: BC 2

[quote name='unknownthreat']2/22 TIV

Mass Effect 2- $35
Bioshock 2- $25

Suprised they didn't lower the me2 tiv. $56 after promo and edge![/QUOTE]

Man, that ME2 trade value is amazing!!

Traded in MW2 and went back again when I saw what they were giving for L4D2. I decided to buy the Edge card because I might payoff in the long. Clerk remembered me, spent 10 minutes reversing my previous trade to make sure I got the Edge bonus. I know there is some Gamestop hate so far in this thread but some of these guys are real nice.

[quote name='shockblocker']Traded in MW2 and went back again when I saw what they were giving for L4D2. I decided to buy the Edge card because I might payoff in the long. Clerk remembered me, spent 10 minutes reversing my previous trade to make sure I got the Edge bonus. I know there is some Gamestop hate so far in this thread but some of these guys are real nice.[/QUOTE]
Most Gamestop hate is just blind bandwagon hate.

People crave acceptance.

Just a heads up, JP. In the Wii list, you list Dragon Ball Z BT2, BT3 and Budokai 3. Budokai 3 is a PS2 exclusive, so I think that one might've been intended to be listed as BT3.

[quote name='wrencrest']Has anyone ever seen GS TIVs change midday? I havent, just curious...[/QUOTE]

It's been years (8 or 9) since I worked at Gamestop, but back then all prices and TIV updated in the system in the AM...as with most retailers, it would be to difficult to have an active price database.

Just traded a few in on my lunch break a few hours ago -

:360: Magna Carta 2 - 15.00
:ds: New Super Mario Bros. - 15.00
:ds: Castlevania: Dawn of Sorrow - 4.00

All are base TIV.

Between the promo and my Edge card, it added up to nearly $55! Now I don't have to be jealous of all the people scoring crazy TIVs with Mass Effect 2 (which I can't do because I love the game too much to part with it). I am definitely liking this deal - makes me wish I hadn't unloaded so many games during the last promo.

The high TIV for ME2 is great for all of us. Those of you trading it in get back nearly everything you spent (although in the form of credit), while those of us that don't have it yet shouldn't have a problem finding a copy during the next B2G1.

I traded in a couple of Wii games plus a bunch of games for older systems. I updated the CAG database wherever I could, but some I couldn't input the data for some of the older games. Anyway, here are the base TIVs for the games I traded in:

Wii

Punchout - $19
Tigers Woods 10 - $18.25

Gamecube

Super Mario Sunshine - $6
Metroid Prime - $.75
Sega Soccer Slam - $.60

PS2

MLB Power Pros - $1
NBA Street Vol. 3 - $2
Peter Jackson's King Kong - $1
Phantom Brave - $.75
Genji - $.50
Project Snowblind - $.55
Splinter Cell - $.90
Xenosaga: Episode 1 - $1.50

DS

New International Track & Field - $1.75

GBA

Defender of the Crown - $.25
Mario Tennis - $2.25
Wade Hixton's Counter Punch - $.25

Obviously, I hardly got anything for the older games, but overall, I still came away with over $90 after Edge + promo.

Ok, probably stupid question but...
On the $40 towards FF13/ GOW3, is it an additional, or is it just $40 for the 2 games, because a lot of those games are worth more than $20 each.

If it's just $40 bucks I should probably just do the additional 50% on trade-in right?

The deals don't stack. Only the Edge discounts stack with any other offer.
[quote name='PipTheFair']Ok, probably stupid question but...
On the $40 towards FF13/ GOW3, is it an additional, or is it just $40 for the 2 games, because a lot of those games are worth more than $20 each.

If it's just $40 bucks I should probably just do the additional 50% on trade-in right?[/QUOTE]

Okay, I finally have a complete list of values. I will work on updating right now. I'm also using this post as a marker for things I need to update that aren't currently on my list. I'll go back through and look for state information as well.

PS3:
MW2 = 46
BORDERLANDS = 46.50
DA:ORIGINS = 38.50

preordered FF13 and Yakuza 3

i thought it was 54.99 if you preordered it @ gamestop but the employee told me it'll be discounted on the day of the pick up???? fuccin assholes

Purchased on 11/25/2009 B2G1 Free Deal - PS3 all used (w/edge)

Dragon Age: $49.99
Borderlands: $49.99
COD MW2: $0 (this would be the free one)

Cost per game incl Tax $107.64/3 = $35.88

Sold on 02/22/2010 50% Bonus Trade-In + Edge
Dragon Age: TIV $31.76
Borderlands: TIV $37.19
COD MW2: TIV $36.80

Total Credit: $105.75

So basically I got to play 3 top games for 3 months for the cost of a few dollars.

Moral of the story is that Gamestop is good if you buy games at the right time (B2G1 Free) and sell at the right time (50% Bonus). If you just go in and buy and trade games at random you will get ripped off.

[quote name='shockblocker']The deals don't stack. Only the Edge discounts stack with any other offer.[/QUOTE]
That's not what I meant. I wanted to know if it was 40 bucks towards FF13 on top of the TIV of the games, or if it was just a flat 40$

Ohio does not charge tax on trade ins.
[quote name='jp0213']Okay, I finally have a complete list of values. I will work on updating right now. I'm also using this post as a marker for things I need to update that aren't currently on my list. I'll go back through and look for state information as well.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='Zhanmadao']PS3:
MW2 = 46
BORDERLANDS = 46.50
DA:ORIGINS = 38.50

preordered FF13 and Yakuza 3

i thought it was 54.99 if you preordered it @ gamestop but the employee told me it'll be discounted on the day of the pick up???? fuccin assholes[/QUOTE]

This thread is to post the base values not values with all promos applied as this just leads to confusion.

[quote name='PipTheFair']That's not what I meant. I wanted to know if it was 40 bucks towards FF13 on top of the TIV of the games, or if it was just a flat 40$[/QUOTE]
For the FFXIII/GoW3 deal, they apply the trade-in value of what you get toward the two games so that it takes $40 off.

[quote name='PipTheFair']That's not what I meant. I wanted to know if it was 40 bucks towards FF13 on top of the TIV of the games, or if it was just a flat 40$[/QUOTE]

It's just a flat $40. Do the 50% deal, most times that deal isn't so great unless one of the game's TIV dropped below $20.

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']It's just a flat $40. Do the 50% deal, most times that deal isn't so great unless one of the game's TIV dropped below $20.[/QUOTE]
Ok Cool

Probably gonna trade in bayonetta and DA:O now that I've played them through about 3 times each and pay for ff13 that way

[quote name='In MRB We Trust']just traded in Mass Effect 2, Borderlands, and Soulcaliber 4 and got $102!!![/QUOTE]

[quote name='skrymir']Purchased on 11/25/2009 B2G1 Free Deal - PS3 all used (w/edge)

Dragon Age: $49.99
Borderlands: $49.99
COD MW2: $0 (this would be the free one)

Cost per game incl Tax $107.64/3 = $35.88

Sold on 02/22/2010 50% Bonus Trade-In + Edge
Dragon Age: TIV $31.76
Borderlands: TIV $37.19
COD MW2: TIV $36.80

Total Credit: $105.75

[/QUOTE]

It's great to know you got more with the trade in, edge, etc, but it'd help to just post the base trade in values to avoid confusion.

So basically I got to play 3 top games for 3 months for the cost of a few dollars.

Moral of the story is that Gamestop is good if you buy games at the right time (B2G1 Free) and sell at the right time (50% Bonus). If you just go in and buy and trade games at random you will get ripped off.

CaG newbie learns something in one month that most asshats can't learn after a few years, details at eight.

[quote name='mistrsam']CaG newbie learns something in one month that most asshats can't learn after a few years, details at eight.[/QUOTE]

:applause:

Okay guys, after reading through some of these values I have, they are not base. I was able to fix them without issue but this promo is going to be long and there are going to be people reporting in who probably don't do it regularly. With that in mind, please post base values. I don't have time to always go through and fix them. If today is any indication of what this thread is going to be like the next couple weeks, that is going to become VERY important. I will NOT update values that are not listed as base values.

I will put a mention in the first post about reporting in the BASE values. Thanks guys for helping out in the regards.

[quote name='Rusty Spoon']It's just a flat $40. Do the 50% deal, most times that deal isn't so great unless one of the game's TIV dropped below $20.[/QUOTE]
Not just flat $40 if you have edge card since you get $40 plus 10% of the base value for the games. There are very few games on that list where the 50% is not the better deal. That said this is what I am gonna do tonight and I am suprised no one else has noticed RB2 (Xbox 360) on the list. For example what i am going to do to is trade Rock Band 2 and Oblivion: GOTY (both on the list!) for about $41.60 towards FFXIII

Math:
Base is about $6 for RB2 and $10 for ES:O GOTY so 6+10=16
16*10%=1.60 Edge bonus added to the $40 for both of those games = 41.60 approx.

Otherwise under the 50% deal I would only get 16 + 16(50%) + 16(10%) = 16+8+1.60
=25.60

All XB360:
Dragon Age: Origins- $21.25
Assassin's Creed 2- $15.00
Mass Effect 2- $35
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising- $10.00
Left 4 Dead 2- $29.75

My trade from today.

Uncharted 2 24.75---39.61 with bonus
MW2 23.00----36.80 with bonus
Metriod prime trilogy 20.00---32.00 with bonus
BioShock 8.75----14.01 with bonus
MLB 07 .70-------1.12 with bonus

Total with bonus 123.54.. Not to bad in my opinion..

Traded in some games today here's what traded:

PS3 games:
- Borderlands - 23.25 + (11.62) = 34.87
- Mini Ninjas - 15.00 + (7.50) = 22.50
- Lost Planet - 6.00 + (3.00) = 9.00
- Socom Confrontation - 5.00 + (2.50) = 7.50

XBOX 360 games:
- Halo 3 - 6.00 + (3.00) = 9.00
- Army of Two - 5.75 + (2.88) = 8.63

Total = 91.50. That's without an Edge card, don't have one.

[quote name='jp0213']Okay guys, after reading through some of these values I have, they are not base. I was able to fix them without issue but this promo is going to be long and there are going to be people reporting in who probably don't do it regularly. With that in mind, please post base values. I don't have time to always go through and fix them. If today is any indication of what this thread is going to be like the next couple weeks, that is going to become VERY important. I will put a mention in the first post about reporting in the BASE values. Thanks guys for helping out in the regards.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='moojuice']All XB360:
Mass Effect 2- $52.50
[/QUOTE]

I feel sorry for jp.

PS3:

Saints Row 2: 5.00

Lego Indiana Jones: 6.50

Lego Batman: 7.00

Lego Star Wars Complete: 9.50

Uncharted: 9.50

Infamous: 12.00

GTA4: 8.00

PS2:

GOW1: 2.75

Gow2: 5.00

fixed it all prices pre bonus.

Has anybody had any luck about complaining about refurb fees to the DM's of the store. I traded in a few games just now and got hit with a $4.00 refurb fee I was not told about till after the trade was finalized. The best part about it was it was a game I got from Gamestop.com and never played so the scratch that was on the disc was there when i got it. I can understand charging refurb fees if they actual refurb the games but the kid just printed out the stickers to put the game right back on the shelf to sale to somebody else. Also I think it is BS that they dont tell you about the fee as they are charging it to you and point out why they are doing it. By the time you see the receipt with the fee on it its to late to argue anything because the trade has been completed.

(All 360)
Borderlands-$23.75
Dragon Age-$21.25
Left 4 Dead 2-$29.75

[quote name='jp0213']Okay guys, after reading through some of these values I have, they are not base. I was able to fix them without issue but this promo is going to be long and there are going to be people reporting in who probably don't do it regularly. With that in mind, please post base values. I don't have time to always go through and fix them. If today is any indication of what this thread is going to be like the next couple weeks, that is going to become VERY important. I will NOT update values that are not listed as base values.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='lokizz']all of these prices reflect the tiv pluss bonus and edge card bonus.[/QUOTE]

Seriously?

[quote name='ajh2298']Has anybody had any luck about complaining about refurb fees to the DM's of the store. I traded in a few games just now and got hit with a $4.00 refurb fee I was not told about till after the trade was finalized. The best part about it was it was a game I got from Gamestop.com and never played so the scratch that was on the disc was there when i got it. I can understand charging refurb fees if they actual refurb the games but the kid just printed out the stickers to put the game right back on the shelf to sale to somebody else. Also I think it is BS that they dont tell you about the fee as they are charging it to you and point out why they are doing it. By the time you see the receipt with the fee on it its to late to argue anything because the trade has been completed.

(All 360)
Borderlands-$23.75
Dragon Age-$21.25
Left 4 Dead 2-$29.75[/QUOTE]

I always have them print out the values before I actually agree to trade them in. Don't let them just assume you're going to trade them in regardless of what value you're getting.

This happened to me once and I was pissed (mostly because they didn't tell me, as some of the games which were from the HWV $3.99 sale were in bad shape).

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back