GTA V special edition instock on AMAZON DEAD DEAD

To the people who bought extra copies to sell, I'd sell now. This is a huge franchise, do you honestly think these aren't going to come back in stock again, with a much larger supply? Sell now while you can profit $20 or so. 

To the people who bought extra copies to sell, I'd sell now. This is a huge franchise, do you honestly think these aren't going to come back in stock again, with a much larger supply? Sell now while you can profit $20 or so.

The time to sell was 1-2 weeks ago.....

The time to sell was 1-2 weeks ago.....
It's near its highest point now. It can only go down from here. The time to sell is before it restocks again. That shouldn't be long from now. After all, there's demand, and you know they won't pass up the money.

sad if people are only making 20 bucks off it, the dlc only should sell in the $60 range, the steelbook for $30, the blueprint $15. oh yeah, and then you are left with the game.

Damn, I missed out on catching the Amazon restock.

At $80, it would have only been $4 for every one frame per second in GTA V.

Last edited by a moderator:
sad if people are only making 20 bucks off it, the dlc only should sell in the $60 range, the steelbook for $30, the blueprint $15. oh yeah, and then you are left with the game.
$60!?!?! Why are people paying so much for the DLC? Lol. I'm gonna stop by a few stores and see if any are available then...

My eBay listing for the DLC alone sold for $64.99 this morning! If not for this thread, I wouldn't have known how much it was going for, so thanks, everyone! :D/

Now I'll see how much I can get for the blueprint...the steelbook is all I really want to keep anyway, and I can trade in the extra copy of the game to BBY.

My eBay listing for the DLC alone sold for $64.99 this morning! If not for this thread, I wouldn't have known how much it was going for, so thanks, everyone! :D/

Now I'll see how much I can get for the blueprint...the steelbook is all I really want to keep anyway, and I can trade in the extra copy of the game to BBY.
it probably sold right after mine sold for $64, lol i had to wait for someone to buy the one that was $55 before mine was the lowest price one. i really dont get it, the dlc seems pretty tame to me. i could see maybe the garage and cars from the collector's edition, not for these prices but i can see wanting those. these codes are just some clothes and guns.

it probably sold right after mine sold for $64, lol i had to wait for someone to buy the one that was $55 before mine was the lowest price one. i really dont get it, the dlc seems pretty tame to me. i could see maybe the garage and cars from the collector's edition, not for these prices but i can see wanting those. these codes are just some clothes and guns.
I don't get it either, but hey, I'm not complaining. ;)

People are crazy. I remember I bought the Halo 4 360. I made a TON of money back on that purchase selling the stuff that came with it.

Well, I meant sell intact. But if you want to sell the items individually, you may get more. The DLC isn't going for $60 anymore. It was high on day one, then dropped like $20 to $30 on the second day after a lot of people started listing theirs to get some quick cash. I don't know what it's at now. I stopped looking. Either way, you'd probably end up with like $110 (minus like $18 or so for fees, of course) on the high side intact, and I don't see getting much more selling the parts individually. Except, as you said, you'd get to keep the game.

Wait, just the *special edition* dlc code (not the collector's edition dlc code) is selling for that much? Ugh, I really want to fly that atomic blimp...

Back in stock! So I could buy and then sell the dlc for about $50. Making the game with steel book like $30 hmm...

Wondering If I should do this so my brother can get a cheap copy.

Picked up a :360: copy even though I shouldn't since it will be forever until I get to play it.  

But can't say no to this...just can't do it because I have no will power and I am  weak...

THIS IS BACK IN STOCK. Just grabbed one to replace the badly damaged one they sent me on Tuesday. Caution, they ship in bubble mailers and my first one was smashed

Thanks for the heads up! Came to the boards hoping I'd find a topic like this. Saw one at my Target but they had it for 360, and I wanted it for PS3.

Is the PS3 version of the game in higher demand? I'm not just talking about the special editions, but even the regular version. I was at Target and the game was displayed everywhere with each system getting even distribution of shelf space, but the PS3 version had a lot of empty spaces or spaces with only 1-2 copies left, while the 360 spaces were all in ample supply with at least 5 copies. 

BTW, for anyone curious, Digital Foundry compared the two versions and looks like Rockstar did not slack off. 

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-grand-theft-auto-5-face-off

Ok gonna ask opinions... If I decided to keep this forever and not open it good move or no??? Got the CE today at local GameStop when someone didn't pick their preorder up.... Seemed pretty limited so impulse jumped on it.

THIS IS BACK IN STOCK. Just grabbed one to replace the badly damaged one they sent me on Tuesday. Caution, they ship in bubble mailers and my first one was smashed
Contact amazon. They are really nice and will atleast give you some gift cards.

edit - in for one.

Contact amazon. They are really nice and will atleast give you some gift cards.

edit - in for one.
They refunded me $16 for the damaged one and upgraded my shipping for the new one to One Day Shipping. Sold my dented copy to a friend for $60

Did target have these? Anyone have the dcpi
I was at the Bridgewater (NJ) Target yesterday and they had a bunch if copies there. Decided not to jump on the SE since I already have the standard edition opened and with University I doubt I will have much time to play in the coming weeks anyways. I couldn't help you with the DCPI though, sorry.

Back in stock! So I could buy and then sell the dlc for about $50. Making the game with steel book like $30 hmm...

Wondering If I should do this so my brother can get a cheap copy.
Take into account the fees.

Ok gonna ask opinions... If I decided to keep this forever and not open it good move or no??? Got the CE today at local GameStop when someone didn't pick their preorder up.... Seemed pretty limited so impulse jumped on it.
I'd say no. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it comes back in stock. I could be wrong of course, but with things like this, if there's a chance, you should sell. It's better to make $20 than it is to lose $50. Who cares if you miss out on $80 or so three years down the line? This just doesn't have that rare feel that some do.

Take into account the fees.

I'd say no. I'm guessing it's only a matter of time before it comes back in stock. I could be wrong of course, but with things like this, if there's a chance, you should sell. It's better to make $20 than it is to lose $50. Who cares if you miss out on $80 or so three years down the line? This just doesn't have that rare feel that some do.
I already sold the DLC for $80 on ebay.

Now just waiting on an offer for the hat which is selling for $40+

Bank Bag is selling for $35+

if I can get out of this getting the steelbook and game and MAYBE keeping the blueprint and not spending money then i'm happy. i'm seeing people selling the box the collection came in lol dunno if i'll go to that extreme or not. But end result will be good I think making out with the steelbook and game without being out much

This is somewhat related, but I could use some advice, fellow CAGs:

As I mentioned in this thread, I sold my GTA V SE DLC on eBay this morning and already received payment from the buyer. I told the buyer that I could either send him the code directly via an eBay message or mail it to him with a tracking number, and I asked him to pick one of the two options. He chose the first.

I got home from work, verified the code was valid through PSN (entering the code but not redeeming it), then sent him the message containing the code. He thanked me soon after, but then he sent another message asking (paraphrasing) "if it's not too much trouble, could you mail the voucher to me, as well?" I'm not sure how I should respond--I did specify that he had to choose one option, and I can't really understand why he'd want the voucher if I already sent the code. What do you guys think I should do?

As a note, the buyer is new on eBay as of 9/17.

As I mentioned in this thread, I sold my GTA V SE DLC on eBay this morning and already received payment from the buyer. I told the buyer that I could either send him the code directly via an eBay message or mail it to him with a tracking number, and I asked him to pick one of the two options. He chose the first.

I got home from work, verified the code was valid through PSN (entering the code but not redeeming it), then sent him the message containing the code. He thanked me soon after, but then he sent another message asking (paraphrasing) "if it's not too much trouble, could you mail the voucher to me, as well?" I'm not sure how I should respond--I did specify that he had to choose one option, and I can't really understand why he'd want the voucher if I already sent the code. What do you guys think I should do?

Mail the voucher

Mail him the voucher. When I sell DLC I usually message the code through eBay messages and then mail the voucher. I haven't had a problem yet.

he probably is going to scam you.

Does that actually work, Vigilante? I thought once you entered the code and hit "ok" that it becomes invalid to all other accounts but your own.

Does it only invalidate once you confirm and actually download the content?

he probably is going to scam you.
This is the main reason I'm hesitant to mail the voucher, since he can claim he never got it, but couldn't that be addressed by my getting a tracking number?

Does that actually work, Vigilante? I thought once you entered the code and hit "ok" that it becomes invalid to all other accounts but your own.

Does it only invalidate once you confirm and actually download the content?
Yes, as long as you don't hit "Continue" after confirming the code, it doesn't actually redeem it. I've done this before with other codes, so I know it's still valid.

This is the main reason I'm hesitant to mail the voucher, since he can claim he never got it, but couldn't that be addressed by my getting a tracking number?

Yes, as long as you don't hit "Continue" after confirming the code, it doesn't actually redeem it. I've done this before with other codes, so I know it's still valid.
wtf are you talking about. Not everyone is out to get you on eBay... He can claim he never got it either way if you dont mail the physical voucher with a tracking #. Just mail it.

he is really try to scam you, you lose either. you are in a lose-lose situation. better save the conversation as evidence incase. lol

he is really try to scam you, you lose either. you are in a lose-lose situation. better save the conversation as evidence incase. lol
How can he claim he never got the voucher if I can verify he did with the tracking number?

And I've been sending copies of my responses to my email address, so I should be good on that front.

The only risk-free way to sell DLC is to mail the vouchers and list the item as the buyer paying for the voucher and not the actual code or content. This way they can't file a claim lying and saying it doesn't work, because your listing will be for the voucher, which you can prove with a tracking # and shipping receipts.

The downside to that is, you will have skeptical buyers, so an established account helps, so you'll be trustworthy. If you are a new seller, buyers will smell scam right off the bat listing it that way.

bread's done
Back