GTA V special edition instock on AMAZON DEAD DEAD

I have sold CD-Keys and such and had newbie eBay members scam me, but it has never cost me anything.

You need to claim that you are selling something physical (i.e. the cardboard piece of paper with the CD-Key on it). When it comes to vouchers like with GTA, just mail them the piece of paper.

If when you are paid and it says you're eligible for seller protection, and you are selling "something" physical, then you have nothing to worry about.

The only thing you need to do is bite the shipping cost and ship the piece of paper out with tracking. So, just go with USPS First Class with a shipping weight of 1 oz. If they file a claim afterwards and the tracking says it was delivered, then you can open a case with PayPal and you'll get your money back.

The process takes a week or two but I've never failed to get my money back as long as you use tracking and your item description doesn't say you're selling a code and that's it.

This is the main reason I'm hesitant to mail the voucher, since he can claim he never got it, but couldn't that be addressed by my getting a tracking number?

Yes, as long as you don't hit "Continue" after confirming the code, it doesn't actually redeem it. I've done this before with other codes, so I know it's still valid.
Is xbox live like that with codes?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is xbox live like that with codes?

It's one way or the other with Xbox and I don't remember which way it goes. Either online or on the console it will ask you to verify or whatever before redeeming the code. The other way redeems it automatically with no option to back out once it's entered. If my Xbox account wasn't all screwed up I'd check for you but it is so I can't.

And this is sold out again for both versions.

I have sold CD-Keys and such and had newbie eBay members scam me, but it has never cost me anything.

You need to claim that you are selling something physical (i.e. the cardboard piece of paper with the CD-Key on it). When it comes to vouchers like with GTA, just mail them the piece of paper.

If when you are paid and it says you're eligible for seller protection, and you are selling "something" physical, then you have nothing to worry about.

The only thing you need to do is bite the shipping cost and ship the piece of paper out with tracking. So, just go with USPS First Class with a shipping weight of 1 oz. If they file a claim afterwards and the tracking says it was delivered, then you can open a case with PayPal and you'll get your money back.

The process takes a week or two but I've never failed to get my money back as long as you use tracking and your item description doesn't say you're selling a code and that's it.
Thanks for the advice--I already printed out the shipping label exactly as you suggest (USPS First Class w/ 1 oz. shipping weight), and I plan on dropping it off at the post office tomorrow. Hopefully things will turn out all right. :pray:

I'm pretty sure you can look at it on the website without redeeming it. Going through the console doesn't allow you to do that though.
You got that the COMPLETE opposite... if you enter it on xbox.com it redeems automatically, on the console it gives you the option to redeem or cancel.

*sigh* OK, thanks for your input.

In the future, I'll follow ShadowAssassin's advice and list the voucher, not the code, as the item for sale.
Even if you mail it he can file a SNAD and it would be hard to prove that he used it. You people who sell your DLC on eBay all take this risk and should just accept it.

as long as you insure yourself who cares?
how do you insure against SNAD (Significantly Not as Described).

The only positive outcome that can come from a SNAD dispute is eBay ruling "no fault" and they refund the buyer out of their pocket. You can't protect yourself from someone who is set on pulling a scam.

All they have to do is open the SNAD and you'll be forced to either A) return for refund or B) allow eBay to make the decision

A Couple of tips for you guys.

1. Personally I was able to buy dlc codes from a certain time for 5 bucks from the stores and sold them on ebay for 30 bucks a pop. 

2. I was never once, out of like 20 DLC transactions, that I sold on ebay, scammed. I am just saying this because I didn't send it through the mail and sent them just through their e-mail. Just be cautious I guess & it really is just luck if you get someone who wants to scam you.

3. Paypal almost always sides with the buyer if they open up a dispute.

4. Even if you send the voucher things can still go wrong. But yes the best way to do it is to send it through the mail. If the buyer opens up a dispute, it's pretty much ymmv when it comes to the solution that ebay comes to.

5. 1 Ounce - 3 Ounce First Class Mail is always the same price. I know it doesn't matter though. :p

Sometimes you get your listings reported by jealous sellers.  One cag said his eBay account got suspended for a few months because he got so many reported on him.  Pretty f'd up.  I say let bygones be bygones.

CE is oos so I think we should mark it dead in the OP to be moved to graveyard.

2. I was never once, out of like 20 DLC transactions, that I sold on ebay, scammed. I am just saying this because I didn't send it through the mail and sent them just through their e-mail. Just be cautious I guess & it really is just luck if you get someone who wants to scam you.
But were any of those buyers brand-new eBay members who created their account a day or two before you posted your listing(s)?

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic--there's nothing else I can do now that I mailed off the voucher this morning with Signature Confirmation--so I just hope I don't find a "Claim Made" (or whatever) email in my inbox over the next week.

What really gets me is that I set up my listing as a BIN or Best Offer, and my first offer ($50.00) was by the guy who bought it at full price! I had submitted a counteroffer of $55.99, but I saw the sold confirmation email shortly after. I was an idiot and didn't notice that the buyer was the same guy until this morning...is it possible that he just panicked and paid the full price to secure the DLC (and maybe didn't notice my counteroffer)? Or am I just really screwed? :???:

But were any of those buyers brand-new eBay members who created their account a day or two before you posted your listing(s)?

I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic--there's nothing else I can do now that I mailed off the voucher this morning with Signature Confirmation--so I just hope I don't find a "Claim Made" (or whatever) email in my inbox over the next week.

What really gets me is that I set up my listing as a BIN or Best Offer, and my first offer ($50.00) was by the guy who bought it at full price! I had submitted a counteroffer of $55.99, but I saw the sold confirmation email shortly after. I was an idiot and didn't notice that the buyer was the same guy until this morning...is it possible that he just panicked and paid the full price to secure the DLC (and maybe didn't notice my counteroffer)? Or am I just really screwed? :???:
Always be sure to set thresholds on what sort of buyers can buy from you. You can block new buyers, those with 0 or negative feedback and/or those who don't have a PayPal account linked (why this isn't a standard is beyond me).

As stated above, always be sure to word your description that you're selling a PHYSICAL item. Everyone knows what you're selling, but for that eBay rep reviewing a case of attempted fraud (not as described, code redeemed, etc), they won't be able to credit your account.

Mine was shipped to me in a buble mailer as well and was crushed. This seems to be an ongoing thing with Amazon these days. I had to order SMT IV 3 different times before it showed up in a box.

Ughhh your gta 5 special edition was crushed?

Im so frustrated lol. My best buy steelbook was perfect. Then i place it in the slipcover, and the slip scratched it!

I hope the amazon copy isnt crushed

saw 4 of these sitting in the case at walmart. not in the display part but down in the bottom. i imagine they are stashing them down there til after the ad so they dont have anyone bitching about the ad error. (even though they did have the announcements about it being wrong everywhere)

Thanks for the advice--I already printed out the shipping label exactly as you suggest (USPS First Class w/ 1 oz. shipping weight), and I plan on dropping it off at the post office tomorrow. Hopefully things will turn out all right. :pray:
i dont know if it really makes a difference, but I like to message the buyer and ask if the code worked out alright and if everything was good, that way when they respond i can use that as proof. but i guess im just paranoid and if someone was planning on scamming you they probably wouldnt respond, or at least wouldnt admit that it worked. it gives me some peace of mind though.

Yeah there was this guy. He was brand new and had bought my item twice lol. Everything went fine.

Referring to the last part, yes he could of just panicked thinking that there was not going to be anymore codes or something.

Why would you do signature confirmation? He can just not sign for it and claim he never got it...

Next time don't sell anything online if you are going to stress out this much over nothing. Signature confirmation, just wow.

The only risk-free way to sell DLC is to mail the vouchers and list the item as the buyer paying for the voucher and not the actual code or content. This way they can't file a claim lying and saying it doesn't work, because your listing will be for the voucher, which you can prove with a tracking # and shipping receipts.

The downside to that is, you will have skeptical buyers, so an established account helps, so you'll be trustworthy. If you are a new seller, buyers will smell scam right off the bat listing it that way.
there is never a "risk free" way to sell on ebay

any buyer can open an item not as described claim, the buyer can say 1) the code didn't work or 2) the package was empty and he will be refunded in full.

Guys it's back in stock in Amazon. =)
Arg... fuck it. I bought a copy. I can hopefully sell the DLC code and justify keeping the game until I play it and beat it, and maybe dump the disc for some of the money back.

BTW, is the SE disc the same as the regular edition disc? Or is it different?

Arg... fuck it. I bought a copy. I can hopefully sell the DLC code and justify keeping the game until I play it and beat it, and maybe dump the disc for some of the money back.

BTW, is the SE disc the same as the regular edition disc? Or is it different?
Discs are the same, case is a great looking Steelbook though, I have one. The blue map is ok as well but I don't see using it.

Why would you do signature confirmation? He can just not sign for it and claim he never got it...
I didn't see any other type of delivery confirmation, so I thought that was my best option...I guess it wasn't, based on your response. It has a tracking number, though, so can't it still be tracked by looking up the number? Also, why would he be given the package if he won't sign for it? Don't you have to sign to get the package?

If it isn't obvious, I'm new to shipping through eBay directly (when I've sold items on Amazon, I just went to the post office and paid for the shipping and tracking there), so I apologize for my naïveté.

...But yeah, this is a lot more trouble than I was expecting, so I probably won't sell DLC this way again unless there's a physical voucher.

Again.. you can't get an accurate inventory level check that way when it's an item like this that is limited to one per account. IT just doesn't work
I remember you saying that. I wasn't trying to check inventory. I was seeing if there was a limit to how many we could buy. I was surprised it let me buy 99.

Edit:

Nevermind. One of the last checkout screens said limit of 1. And I redeemed all those kindle cards for nothing...

What are you talking about? This is now the "how to flip codes on eBay" thread. Get out of here with that restocking stuff. ;)
Yeah sure...lol.

Maybe you should create a new ebay thread then....thread title still says AMAZON right? So you get out of here and make your own ebay flipping thread. I'm updating this for people who are still interested on buying a spec ed copy from amazon or from wherever else it becomes available. :rofl:

I bit. I have the money, and I'm starting a slightly higher-paying job next week. Will play this when transitioning from day to night shifts next week . . . steep, but such is my only addiction. Thanks for sharing re: the restock.

Damn, I want this but I've been playing my regular copy of GTA V. Obviously I want the Steelbook but NOT the game since I have it already.. Decisions decisions.

As for the code flipping bidness, if you are going to be stressing about it, do what others have said and DO NOT sell more codes online. It's incredibly easy for someone to rip you off with a code, they can simply say the code didn't work and you have -no- way of proving so. Doesn't matter if you send them the actual voucher for it either, because hey guess what? Code didn't work.

Plus DLC codes has always been that gray area on eBay. They don't remove as many auctions as they used to, but you still aren't exactly protected if it's not an actual tangible product, and a piece of paper with a code that you are going to DIGITALLY redeem isn't exactly "tangible".

And as always, eBay has yet again updated their TOS and made it easier for scammers to play off their schemes. For any code that is worth $15+, I rather just keep it or swap it with someone trustworthy than try to make a quick buck from it on eBay.

Bought a copy myself....been comtemplating if it's worth it but finally decided to get one for the PS3. I'm not really going to sell the contents to make money though, I'm actually just buying to have the spec ed to keep and play. 

Damn, I want this but I've been playing my regular copy of GTA V. Obviously I want the Steelbook but NOT the game since I have it already.. Decisions decisions.

As for the code flipping bidness, if you are going to be stressing about it, do what others have said and DO NOT sell more codes online. It's incredibly easy for someone to rip you off with a code, they can simply say the code didn't work and you have -no- way of proving so. Doesn't matter if you send them the actual voucher for it either, because hey guess what? Code didn't work.

Plus DLC codes has always been that gray area on eBay. They don't remove as many auctions as they used to, but you still aren't exactly protected if it's not an actual tangible product, and a piece of paper with a code that you are going to DIGITALLY redeem isn't exactly "tangible".

And as always, eBay has yet again updated their TOS and made it easier for scammers to play off their schemes. For any code that is worth $15+, I rather just keep it or swap it with someone trustworthy than try to make a quick buck from it on eBay.
Get it...trade in your copy for $40 at bb and sell the blueprint map if you don't want to sell the dlc. You could easily have your money back.

THIS.

That's why when it comes to online passes / DLC codes you'd rather just use it or take the risk of someone buying it then just rip you off by opening a case which you know you'll likely lose.

If you don't sign for the package the mail carrier isn't going to give it to you. Pretty sure that's the whole point of signature confirmation.

I ordered my copy Wednesday night and its here Friday afternoon.

It shipped it a bubbler. I will check it and edit the condition.

Its mint condition. No damage.

Get it...trade in your copy for $40 at bb and sell the blueprint map if you don't want to sell the dlc. You could easily have your money back.
Totally forgot about the guaranteed TIV, I might do that. Been awhile since I visited a BB to trade in, do they still accept games without case/manual? Cause I gotta trade in GoW: A which I got from the CE.

Totally forgot about the guaranteed TIV, I might do that. Been awhile since I visited a BB to trade in, do they still accept games without case/manual? Cause I gotta trade in GoW: A which I got from the CE.
Its not a guaranteed trade in value, but they will probably have it at $40 or so for a while.

They should, but it really depends on your local bb.

Sorry for turning this thread into an eBay one, guys--I appreciate the advice you've given and I'm most likely not doing this again due to the risk factor.

I did send another message to the buyer asking if the code worked and if he needed any help with anything, and he responded that it "Worked just like said", so at least I have that response as evidence.

there is never a "risk free" way to sell on ebay

any buyer can open an item not as described claim, the buyer can say 1) the code didn't work or 2) the package was empty and he will be refunded in full.
If you provide tracking information though, you will still get to keep your money when you file a reverse claim of buyer abuse.

Sorry for turning this thread into an eBay one, guys--I appreciate the advice you've given and I'm most likely not doing this again due to the risk factor.

I did send another message to the buyer asking if the code worked and if he needed any help with anything, and he responded that it "Worked just like you said", so at least I have that response as evidence.
Lol. So you didn't even get scammed. You're just overly concerned. (Understandably so...)

Lol. So you didn't even get scammed. You're just overly concerned. (Understandably so...)
Yeah, we filled his head with paranoia, as long as anybody understands the risk. I think this is one of the reasons eBay want's to stay away from them.

Guys you just have to trust people in this case(as crazy as it sounds). I've sold a handful of codes on ebay with no problem and never had trouble and this is doing the opposite of shadowassassin's great advice. fucking live a little, the juice is worth the squeeze here.Follow shadowassassin's advice list it as a voucher with tracking and worse come to worse you're insured and you ave evidence it got there let ebay worrry about the rest.

Sucks this thing is now in stock all the time. Now that DLC value will plummet.

bread's done
Back