GTA V special edition instock on AMAZON DEAD DEAD

It's a bit unfair of Forbes to put GTA V in the same bucket as blockbuster films when comparing opening day sales. The cheapest iteration of this game is 4 times as expensive as that of a premium movie ticket. Apples to apples, if they were selling tickets to the GTA V movie, it would have grossed $200M in the first 24 hrs.

That being said, the highest grossing single day film of all time is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt. 2, which made $91M in its first 24 hrs.

You win Rockstar. :bow:
Not to get this page too far off topic but I think it's valid to compare the two considering the production budgets. GTA V is allegedly the most expensive game ever but there's a ton of movies in that budget range. And only judging by box office totals I can't see many films reaching a lifetime total of a billion.

Just this summer we've had around $200 million: Iron Man 3, World War Z, Pacific Rim, Lone Ranger, and Man of Steel plus a lot more $100 million+ movies.

Unfortunately, the more interesting story would probably be what kind of percentage of sales Rockstar is receiving from GTA V. With box office receipts we usually assume 50% goes to the studio but what about games sales?

Give the game more time before you decide you don't like it ... I was on the fence about it myself until I started ignoring the missions and story and just began messing around. This is basically San Andreas with GTA IV's and Red Dead's graphics and I think it shines when you just set yourself loose across the countryside, causing mayhem and running from the law. There's so much to see and do, the environments are spectacular and diverse. It's fun finding new weapons and shops ... just last night I discovered the gas can at a random country gas station ... you can pour gas on a car, pour a line from the car in a circle or where ever else and then shoot the line and watch the flames expand and blow up the car.

Plus, I think GTA Online is going to be amazing ... I would definitely play this more and let yourself get used to things like controls, etc. It may not be the best game ever, but it's pretty impressive.

Give the game more time before you decide you don't like it ... I was on the fence about it myself until I started ignoring the missions and story and just began messing around. This is basically San Andreas with GTA IV's and Red Dead's graphics and I think it shines when you just set yourself loose across the countryside, causing mayhem and running from the law. There's so much to see and do, the environments are spectacular and diverse. It's fun finding new weapons and shops ... just last night I discovered the gas can at a random country gas station ... you can pour gas on a car, pour a line from the car in a circle or where ever else and then shoot the line and watch the flames expand and blow up the car.

Plus, I think GTA Online is going to be amazing ... I would definitely play this more and let yourself get used to things like controls, etc. It may not be the best game ever, but it's pretty impressive.

That's actually the next thing I don't like about it. They made the game even more Ghetto then San Andreas.

I liked Vice city a whole lot more as it mimics Tony Montana from Scarface. It was quality while still being classy.

IN GTA V its some knucklehead who drops the N word every few sentences. Same thing with the radio stations. Its all rap music N word and N word that. For one I hate rap music with a passion. And that is a staple of the game. Just like how San Andreas was.

I want a GTA game where the music is 90s alternative rock.

Its almost like rockstar was trying to make a political statement with the game. Since the franchise has always been known to push boundaries.

To me the only thing GTA V has on Vice city is graphics.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's actually the next thing I don't like about it. They made the game even more Ghetto then San Andreas.

I liked Vice city a whole lot more as it mimics Tony Montana from Scarface. It was quality while still being classy.

IN GTA V its some knucklehead who drops the N word every few sentences. Same thing with the radio stations. Its all rap music N word and N word that. For one I hate rap music with a passion. And that is a staple of the game. Just like how San Andreas was.

Its almost like rockstar was trying to make a political statement with the game. Since the franchise has always been known to push boundaries.

Have you played to the point where Franklin meets Michael? Once that happens, the ghetto stuff starts to subside. I mean, it's still there ... sort of like the real ghetto ... but you can ignore it and play however you'd like.

I really do have to give Rockstar credit, because once you start driving out of the city and into the country, it actually feels pretty backwater and has a totally different vibe. I love how the radio stations actually change when you drive out of the city too, so suddenly that station playing rap is now playing something in Spanish or maybe some weird euro-pop or something .. oh and last night I was killed by a mountain lion unexpectedly while running through the mountains ... it's the little things.

I would say that this game does a great job of really defining and fleshing out a number of different environments that make up the world map .. are they mostly based on stereotypes ... sure ... but so far, it sort of seems like the theme of the game is about different worlds intersecting and the interplay between the three main characters.

Welcome to modern day America. Seems to be a perfect parody of the world we live and the society that surrounds us. Hell, maybe I just live in a shit hole.

Don't worry, it'll be back in stock soon.
Thanks, I hope so. I bookmarked it, so I'll keep checking it. I had no intention of buying this game, so I didn't preorder the special edition. After watching lots of gameplay and reading lots of reviews, I think I'll get $80 out of it. Initially, I was just going to wait for the inevitable "Complete Edition" but after watching so many youtube videos about this game, I think I want to jump into it now.

Not to get this page too far off topic but I think it's valid to compare the two considering the production budgets. GTA V is allegedly the most expensive game ever but there's a ton of movies in that budget range. And only judging by box office totals I can't see many films reaching a lifetime total of a billion.

Just this summer we've had around $200 million: Iron Man 3, World War Z, Pacific Rim, Lone Ranger, and Man of Steel plus a lot more $100 million+ movies.

Unfortunately, the more interesting story would probably be what kind of percentage of sales Rockstar is receiving from GTA V. With box office receipts we usually assume 50% goes to the studio but what about games sales?
Totally agree. I'd love to see those take home numbers for Rockstar too.

The only thing that really bothers me about this game is that Rockstar ignored five years of improvements in open-world navigation. I hate driving while staring at a tiny box in the corner of the screen. Games like Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs add actual arrows into the world to signal turns - so you can drive while looking at the world, not a tiny GPS. It's particularly tragic with GTA V because the world is so well-realized - I want to focus on it, but if I want to know where I need to go, I can't.

The only thing that really bothers me about this game is that Rockstar ignored five years of improvements in open-world navigation. I hate driving while staring at a tiny box in the corner of the screen. Games like Saint's Row and Sleeping Dogs add actual arrows into the world to signal turns - so you can drive while looking at the world, not a tiny GPS. It's particularly tragic with GTA V because the world is so well-realized - I want to focus on it, but if I want to know where I need to go, I can't.

That was never something needed in GTA games. Saints row is a GTA clone and a bad one.

That was at least something that wasn't broke and didn't need to be fixed.

I'm not in kindergarten where I need arrows to direct me where to go. Leave that for people who play saints rows.

I bought 2 copies of saints row 2. Played 5 minutes and sold both copies.

I also really liked in Sleeping Dogs how you could toggle the GPS to different missions without needing to pause the game and go into the map. I think GTA V is phenomenal from what I've played, but as others have said, you also get the feeling these games are made in a vacuum, which to some degree does hurt it a bit. They've incorporated stuff from other R* games (i.e. MP3's shooting), but things from other devs like the in-world GPS feel like they were either ignored, or they felt it wasn't needed.

Thanks, I hope so. I bookmarked it, so I'll keep checking it. I had no intention of buying this game, so I didn't preorder the special edition. After watching lots of gameplay and reading lots of reviews, I think I'll get $80 out of it. Initially, I was just going to wait for the inevitable "Complete Edition" but after watching so many youtube videos about this game, I think I want to jump into it now
Same happened to me.

I do find myself staring at the radar a bit too much when trying to find my way, so I agree there should be a better way. If nothing else have the radar turn into a more GPS looking screen that warns you of upcoming turns like a real Garmin or something would.

One thing that was in GTAIV but not in V was that the nicer cars in IV would have a GPS navigation voice give turn by turn directions which, in addition to being helpful, was a nice, added detail that's absent in V.

But overall, the game is pretty damn awesome and I'm happy with all of the improvements made. Driving feels tighter (last time I tried playing IV I couldn't stand the floaty, boat like cars that couldn't even make a low speed turn without using all the lanes), the shooting is much improved, and the game looks like it's on a different system than IV with the detail and color palette.

And if you don't like Franklin's more ghetto story, at least it's only a third of the game. I'll admit that I'm more partial to Michael's more domesticated life.

He's a late bloomer.

When I was 13 I got arrested in 7th grade for marijuana possession. My dad picked me up from school and took me to blockbuster and bought me PS2 and rented me GTA vice city. I was playing the GTA PS1 games before age 10.

Though I was a straight F student. My parole officer says I'm doing great though. So I turned out all right.
My parents bought me Doom when I was 4 years old.

I grew up playing Heretic, Doom 1 and 2.

The GPS arrows would have been great for GTA V. I've always hated having to use the little minimap so much. Especially when you're zooming at high speeds trying to do other stuff and there are many turns. 

I love GTA and I love Saints Row. To me, I don't see the need to choose one or the other. I play and enjoy both. They are both excellent games IMO.

Looks like both versions are sold out again.

You know you played too much GTA V when.

for my n____ who be thinkin' we soft
We don't, play
We gonna' rock it 'til the wheels fall off
Hold up, hey
for my n____ who be actin' too bold
Take a, seat
Hope you ready for the next episode
HeyyyeyyyeEYEYyyyEYYYY....
.... SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY!

Picked up a special edition copy of PS3 since I was lazy and never preordered. Than I got butt hurt and really wanted a copy but all sold out and jacked up prices on ebay. I picked up GTA V along with RED DEAD UNDEAD for $47.99 from toys r us using the 20% promotion along with free rockstar game priced below $19.99. I will decide to keep the SE copy or flip it. If I keep it I will probably flip my regular copy along with red dead for $45 to a lucky fellow ;).

http://slickdeals.net/f/6277046-grand-theft-auto-v-tru-59-99-free-rockstar-game-19-99-under-ymmv-in-store-20-or-25-for-tru-cardholders-off-coupon-9-19

I smell a sexual innuendo somewhere in there.
Seems like someone needs to relieve himself soon...

By the way. My package is supposed to arrive today.

Tracking says it was delivered at 5:30am in the morning. Wtf?

And the status changed to delivered 15 minutes after it areived at the post office

Seems like someone needs to relieve himself soon...

By the way. My package is supposed to arrive today.

Tracking says it was delivered at 5:30am in the morning. Wtf?

And the status changed to delivered 15 minutes after it areived at the post office
Relieved.

Alright, I don't see it anymore. We're good now.

Spoke to my brother and he is down to pick up my GTA V copy that is couple days old for $40 and I will keep the SE copy I picked up from amazon since that is what I truly wanted. I might play red dead undead for a little and then trade it into bestbuy for $8 gift card. That would make my GTA V a free rental while I wait for my SE copy since I only paid $47.99 for both GTA V and Red Dead Undead.

bread's done
Back