GTA V special edition instock on AMAZON DEAD DEAD

Discs are the same, case is a great looking Steelbook though, I have one. The blue map is ok as well but I don't see using it.
Great. Hopefully I can beat it before December and sell the disc only for $20 or something.

I hope my copy doesn't arrive damaged but I know it will given that it's Amazon and their useless bubble envelope packages. My brother's copy from GS was sent in one of those thin cardboard wraps and was damaged. I was surprised since GS is usually really good about shipping CEs in boxes.

My copy arrived in good condition for being in a crappy bubbler.  Can't wait to play it. I have platinum in GTA IV and I got 100% in Vice city when I was a kid. Even got that bonus shirt and 200 armor and health.

Last edited by a moderator:
so ive got a collector's edition in stock near me, is it worth it? i dont have very much gamestop credit, so id be paying with *gasp* cash, and paying tax, ugh.

If you provide tracking information though, you will still get to keep your money when you file a reverse claim of buyer abuse.
no not true at all.. you need to read the ebay buyer protection. If you have tracking it is only protection for item not received it is NOT protection for item not as described. You will NOT keep your money.

I have been selling for ebay for years, you should not go around giving false information.

You are welcome to sell something to me on ebay for $100 and we can test it :)

I didn't see any other type of delivery confirmation, so I thought that was my best option...I guess it wasn't, based on your response. It has a tracking number, though, so can't it still be tracked by looking up the number? Also, why would he be given the package if he won't sign for it? Don't you have to sign to get the package?

If it isn't obvious, I'm new to shipping through eBay directly (when I've sold items on Amazon, I just went to the post office and paid for the shipping and tracking there), so I apologize for my naïveté.

...But yeah, this is a lot more trouble than I was expecting, so I probably won't sell DLC this way again unless there's a physical voucher.
Refusing a package and requesting a refund is what I meant.

Unless it's been changed very recently...

If a buyer refuses delivery on a package they are no longer under eBay Buyer Protection. Advantage: Seller.
Not true. I have done it before as a buyer and incurred it as a seller. It is a non-delivery situation and you just claim a non-receipt of item and you will be awarded your money back entirely, even if the seller has restocking fees or charged for shipping.,

Not true. I have done it before as a buyer and incurred it as a seller. It is a non-delivery situation and you just claim a non-receipt of item and you will be awarded your money back entirely, even if the seller has restocking fees or charged for shipping.,
No. That is not correct. You can't make up your own eBay rules.

Look here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/refunds.html#return

Returning an item
If you'd like a refund, you'll generally be required to return an item. Here are some things to keep in mind:

• Don't send an item back unless the seller or eBay asks you to.
  • Package the item carefully and securely with all parts. The seller must receive the item in the same condition as you received it.
  • When you send the item, you'll need to include tracking information. For items worth $750.00 or more, signature confirmation is required.
Important: If you refuse delivery of an item so you won't have to return it, the item won't be covered by eBay Buyer Protection

Damn... this is just as bad as the people who say "I stated no returns in my listing...." and think they actually don't have to accept returns OR the people who put "I said no international bidders...." but didn't enact the appropriate blocks in eBay and PayPal

I just picked up a copy too. I had a $20 credit when my Killzone mercenary code didn't work. I'm going to turn around and sell the game in the steel case and the map and keep the DLC. My son has the game and he will probably be through with it by the end of the weekend so I'll just keep his copy to play.

I just picked up a copy too. I had a $20 credit when my Killzone mercenary code didn't work. I'm going to turn around and sell the game in the steel case and the map and keep the DLC. My son has the game and he will probably be through with it by the end of the weekend so I'll just keep his copy to play.

Damn your son is a champ.

Games like this take me weeks to get through.

No. That is not correct. You can't make up your own eBay rules.

Look here:

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/refunds.html#return

Returning an item
If you'd like a refund, you'll generally be required to return an item. Here are some things to keep in mind:

• Don't send an item back unless the seller or eBay asks you to.
  • Package the item carefully and securely with all parts. The seller must receive the item in the same condition as you received it.
  • When you send the item, you'll need to include tracking information. For items worth $750.00 or more, signature confirmation is required.
Important: If you refuse delivery of an item so you won't have to return it, the item won't be covered by eBay Buyer Protection

Damn... this is just as bad as the people who say "I stated no returns in my listing...." and think they actually don't have to accept returns OR the people who put "I said no international bidders...." but didn't enact the appropriate blocks in eBay and PayPal
And this is why we continue to have an eBay rant thread... lol

He's a straight A, hyper focused 13 year old who is allowed to play GTA for the first time this year. He had to give me a list of reasons why I should let him. He did. He argued his case. He gets to play as long as his nerdlinger grades stay As. Besides if it takes him longer, I still have to finish FFVIII (been playing that for 14 years) and ME 3. So I've got time.

He's a straight A, hyper focused 13 year old who is allowed to play GTA for the first time this year. He had to give me a list of reasons why I should let him. He did. He argued his case. He gets to play as long as his nerdlinger grades stay As. Besides if it takes him longer, I still have to finish FFVIII (been playing that for 14 years) and ME 3. So I've got time.

He's a late bloomer.

When I was 13 I got arrested in 7th grade for marijuana possession. My dad picked me up from school and took me to blockbuster and bought me PS2 and rented me GTA vice city. I was playing the GTA PS1 games before age 10.

Though I was a straight F student. My parole officer says I'm doing great though. So I turned out all right.

gonna open this can of worms:

any thought into these ending up like the max payne 3 special editions that were discounted down to $20, less than a year after release? i'm sure everyone here is aware of how well this game is selling, but once the market has been satisfied these limited/special/collector's editions seem to get some nice discounts if you're willing to wait, stock willing.  we all saw how quickly the last of us' stock of survival/post-pandemic was snatched up, but that was the initial offering on a new franchise.  i'm speculating that rockstar pumped out tons of these and they could be down to $40 by black friday.

thought? 

any thought into these ending up like the max payne 3 special editions that were discounted down to $20, less than a year after release? i'm sure everyone here is aware of how well this game is selling, but once the market has been satisfied these limited/special/collector's editions seem to get some nice discounts if you're willing to wait, stock willing. we all saw how quickly the last of us' stock of survival/post-pandemic was snatched up, but that was the initial offering on a new franchise. i'm speculating that rockstar pumped out tons of these and they could be down to $40 by black friday.

thought?

The value of GTA games no matter what version for the most part don't retain their value.

In fact the vanilla versions of GTA games are almost a staple in how much games depreciate in value over time.

any thought into these ending up like the max payne 3 special editions that were discounted down to $20, less than a year after release? i'm sure everyone here is aware of how well this game is selling, but once the market has been satisfied these limited/special/collector's editions seem to get some nice discounts if you're willing to wait, stock willing. we all saw how quickly the last of us' stock of survival/post-pandemic was snatched up, but that was the initial offering on a new franchise. i'm speculating that rockstar pumped out tons of these and they could be down to $40 by black friday.

thought?
no. not happening.

who else other then AZ has the SE in-stock online? and Amazon has kept their inventory because it's one per account---and even then its gone in and out of stock.

So barring a reprint (very unlikely) it won't happen

Guys, I have a dilemma. I bought a reg copy of GTA V. Then I bought the Gamestop Collector's Edition. I need some money right now so I am looking to make as much money back on this. I want to keep the reg copy of the game and the DLC codes from the CE. I couldn't care less for the collector's items. What would you guys suggest? How much do you think i could get for the Collector's Edition with everything included except the DLC codes?

Guys, I have a dilemma. I bought a reg copy of GTA V. Then I bought the Gamestop Collector's Edition. I need some money right now so I am looking to make as much money back on this. I want the game and the DLC codes. I couldn't care less for the collector's items. What would you guys suggest? How much do you think i could get for the Collector's Edition with everything included except the DLC codes?
Maybe $100?

The DLC codes in the CE are part of the reason why it resells for so high.

Deposit bags are going between $30-$50 online; maybe more to suckers or international buyers.

How much are you looking to get. I would buy the deposit bag and hate for a reasonable price.

Guys, I have a dilemma. I bought a reg copy of GTA V. Then I bought the Gamestop Collector's Edition. I need some money right now so I am looking to make as much money back on this. I want the game and the DLC codes. I couldn't care less for the collector's items. What would you guys suggest? How much do you think i could get for the Collector's Edition with everything included except the DLC codes?
I'm fairly certain this will come back in stock at some point, so I priced competitively and sold mine fast. I sold the four items that came with the CE for $85 plus $10 shipping. I just made sure to add in the description that other people are selling the hat for $50, not many bundle it, and I added the hat and bag name to the title so people could find my bundle. You should consider selling the DLC while people are over-paying for it. The CE DLC goes for more than the other. All in all, I paid less than $2 for the unopened steelbook copy with that box it came in (I liked the box, what can I say...). I did however have to buy a second copy, so that sale gave an additional $25 or so. Anyway, when pricing, keep in mind feeBays fees. I see a lot of people here completely disregard them when talking about their prices.

This is a good site for planning out a sale:

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

You can list your prices and it'll deduct fees.

I'm fairly certain this will come back in stock at some point, so I priced competitively and sold mine fast. I sold the four items that came with the CE for $85 plus $10 shipping. I just made sure to add in the description that other people are selling the hat for $50, not many bundle it, and I added the hat and bag name to the title so people could find my bundle. You should consider selling the DLC while people are over-paying for it. The CE DLC goes for more than the other. All in all, I paid less than $2 for the unopened steelbook copy with that box it came in (I liked the box, what can I say...). I did however have to buy a second copy, so that sale gave an additional $25 or so. Anyway, when pricing, keep in mind feeBays fees. I see a lot of people here completely disregard them when talking about their prices.

This is a good site for planning out a sale:

http://www.newlifeauctions.com/calc.html

You can list your prices and it'll deduct fees.

Ummm.. what do you need to plan?

It's 9% eBay + ($.30 + 2.9% PayPal) for domestic transactions if you list in the video game category as Fixed Price. If it's international payment then PayPal takes 3.9%.

If it's in the console category then eBay only takes 4%

Thank you. The DLC is all I wanted. Do you guys thing the DLC from teh CE will be available on the marketplace at some point? I may just say fuck it and return it to Gamestop. I don't really wanna deal with people on ebay.

2 for 2. Amazon yet again ships my second Special Edition in a bubble mailer, and the bottom is creased this time.
Mine was shipped in a bubble mailer and it was completely ripped open with damage to the box. It probably fell out and they just stuck it back in. I don't usually complain to Amazon anymore but I did this time and got a nice discount on it. Otherwise they said they'd send a replacement but for me the cheaper the better.

It's 9% eBay + ($.30 + 2.9% PayPal) for domestic transactions if you list in the video game category as Fixed Price. If it's international payment then PayPal takes 3.9%.

9% and 4%? That's way off. All the fees I've incurred have been higher than 9%. I use that website because finding shit on eBay's crap help section is a pain, so I don't know how they work fees.

Edit: You may be right about the 9%. I don't know where you got 4% though. feeBay has never been that low. At least not from what I remember.

Thank you. The DLC is all I wanted. Do you guys thing the DLC from teh CE will be available on the marketplace at some point? I may just say fuck it and return it to Gamestop. I don't really wanna deal with people on ebay.

I think in most instances DLC finds its way onto the marketplace or in a complete edition although there are instances where that doesn't happen for certain games.

As a very conservative figure I think you could get at least $100 for all the other items after fees---probably slightly more but that means you're still paying upwards of $50 for the DLC yourself.

I am contemplating buying the hat and deposit bag as display pieces since I sold my CE sealed for around $250 at the start of the week but don't feel like paying more then $50 for the combination of the two and that most likely won't happen

^you can do all that math in your head? that was part of his plan to help people calculate expected profits. and ebay takes 8% now

on consoles and cpus now.

9% and 4%? That's way off. All the fees I've incurred have been higher than 9%. I use that website because finding shit on eBay's crap help section is a pain, so I don't know how they work fees.
yeah, the dude tried to crap on you and it didnt work. final value fees are pretty much 10% now

Edit: You may be right about the 9%. I don't know where you got 4% though. feeBay has never been that low. At least not from what I remember.

No it is absolutely right---however I'm going by the fee structure for a basic store subscription. Here is the link:

http://ebay.com/help/sell/storefees.html#fvf

I'll say it again. 9% Final Value Fee (FVF) for video games; 4% for consoles. FVF also apply to whatever you charge for shipping.

PayPal takes $.30 as a transaction fee (non-refundable) and 2.9% of the entire price if it is a domestic currency and 3.9% if it is foreign.

Not hard math to do in your head.... and if you need to just round up to 10% for eBay and 3% for PayPal and add the two together.

yeah, the dude tried to crap on you and it didnt work. final value fees are pretty much 10% now

Wrong.

Just save yourself the trouble and don't argue eBay or PayPal policy with me.

And if it was "pretty much 10%" why would you need a calculator to plan out your fees? You can't calculate 10% of a sale in your head?

no. not happening.

who else other then AZ has the SE in-stock online? and Amazon has kept their inventory because it's one per account---and even then its gone in and out of stock.

So barring a reprint (very unlikely) it won't happen
It's not one per account. I got two. It's one per transaction.

dude its been 10%  for a while. you can't even win your win own argument, that page is outdated. so you can calculate 10% ebay fees and 2.9% paypal fees in your head but somehow you make a living on ebay? I'm a CPA and I will never do that. . Good bye and good life. 

It's not one per account. I got two. It's one per transaction.

You got two of the same platform on the same account in the past 48 hours? I'm not going to say you're lying but I don't believe you. Once you try to checkout with the second copy it will adjust your quantity back to zero and give you the following error:

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.

You got two of the same platform on the same account in the past 48 hours? I'm not going to say you're lying but I don't believe you. Once you try to checkout with the second copy it will adjust your quantity back to zero and give you the following error:

We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable.
Is it a 48 hour limit?

I pre-ordered one back in August and bought one now when it restocked on Wed. Still isn't one per account.

Well I opened my copy. I couldn't resist. Plus I thought to myself what sense is there is keeping a GTA game sealed.

I'm surprised the steel book was saran wrapped as well.

Considering Its only $20 extra then a vanilla copy and the DLC can sell for at least $20 bucks I think its worth it if you were going to get a vanilla copy anyway.

dude its been 10% for a while. you can't even win your win own argument, that page is outdated. so you can calculate 10% ebay fees and 2.9% paypal fees in your head but somehow you make a living on ebay? I'm a CPA and I will never do that. . Good bye and good life.

I'm talking about fixed price listings in a store subscription at $19.95/month or $15.95/month if paid a year in advance.

Your fees will drop to 9% on video game and 4% on consoles.

If you list more then 10-20 items a month you will most likely pay for your subscription.

I'm talking about fixed price listings in a store subscription at $19.95/month or $15.95/month if paid a year in advance.

Your fees will drop to 9% on video game and 4% on consoles.

If you list more then 10-20 items a month you will most likely pay for your subscription.

Is it a 48 hour limit?

I pre-ordered one back in August and bought one now when it restocked on Wed. Still isn't one per account.

No it's a 7 day window. If you preordered one weeks or months ago why would they not let you order one this week when they restocked? But you certainly did not order two this week one the same account because the system will prevent you from doing so. It is ONE per account for this new allotment of inventory.

A little OT but this is kind of nuts. GTA V had the biggest launch in entertainment history, and by a good margin.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/20/grand-theft-auto-v-crosses-1b-in-sales-biggest-entertainment-launch-in-history/
I didn't read the article but I saw something on Yahoo! (maybe it's the same article) that mentioned 800 million in the first 24 hours which blows out last years COD, and you're right it wasn't even close.

a GS employee I talked to said he thinks a lot of the success stems from the fact it's been a handful of years since the last title released.

A little OT but this is kind of nuts. GTA V had the biggest launch in entertainment history, and by a good margin.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/erikkain/2013/09/20/grand-theft-auto-v-crosses-1b-in-sales-biggest-entertainment-launch-in-history/

That's really not surprising one bit.

I knew before its release it had the potential to be the highest grossing game ever. People who grew up with GTA knew it had potential to outsell COD black ops.

I even told that to a few people on PSN that I play games with.

That's really not surprising one bit.

I knew before its release it had the potential to be the highest grossing game ever. People who grew up with GTA knew it had potential to outsell COD black ops.

I even told that to a few people on PSN that I play games with.
I'm glad it destroyed CoD's sales and am not surprised it beat it in sales but I am a little surprised by the amount it beat it. Over 50% more sales day one than the best selling CoD (which previously held the record). I hope it keeps selling too, the game deserves it imo. Much much better than GTA IV so far. And definitely better than CoD which I'm obviously sick and tired of.

I'm glad it destroyed CoD's sales and am not surprised it beat it in sales but I am a little surprised by the amount it beat it. Over 50% more sales day one than the best selling CoD (which previously held the record). I hope it keeps selling too, the game deserves it imo. Much much better than GTA IV so far.

So far I'm hating it.

I'm in the very start though. The very opening bank scene. I think the controls are extremely tank like and clunky. Doesn't feel like I have free movement like in other GTA games. It lost some of that sandbox openness due to the controls not the size of the game.

I have platinum in GTA IV and I still have my PS2 save file of vice city at 100%

In san Andreas I have like 70% same with GTA 3.

So far this is my least favorite GTA game.

So far I'm hating it.

I'm in the very start though. The very opening bank scene. I think the controls are extremely tank like and clunky. Doesn't feel like I have free movement like in other GTA games. It lost some of that sandbox openness due to the controls not the size of the game.

I have platinum in GTA IV and I still have my PS2 save file of vice city at 100%

Honestly I don't like the controls either and the game could have been much better in that regard. It always just seems to lag behind the times in that area. I didn't like the game at that point either but it gets better/you get used to it.

How did amazon ship these for you guys?
Seems like everyone got it in a bubble mailer.

So far I'm hating it.

the beginning is really slow, and shooting recticle is way too small for me.

Honestly I don't like the controls either and the game could have been much better in that regard. It always just seems to lag behind the times in that area. I didn't like the game at that point either but it gets better/you get used to it.

I'm so used to GTA controls that I was pretty surprised when I started this. I never did a lot of research to learn about the controls for fear of spoilers.

Sony has been using dual analogs since PS1 and even the PS4 has the same control scheme.

Rockstar should have stuck with their original controls. They fixed something that wasn't broke and made it worse.

It's a bit unfair of Forbes to put GTA V in the same bucket as blockbuster films when comparing opening day sales. The cheapest iteration of this game is 4 times as expensive as that of a premium movie ticket. Apples to apples, if they were selling tickets to the GTA V movie, it would have grossed $200M in the first 24 hrs.

That being said, the highest grossing single day film of all time is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt. 2, which made $91M in its first 24 hrs.

You win Rockstar. :bow:

It's a bit unfair of Forbes to put GTA V in the same bucket as blockbuster films when comparing opening day sales. The cheapest iteration of this game is 4 times as expensive as that of a premium movie ticket. Apples to apples, if they were selling tickets to the GTA V movie, it would have grossed $200M in the first 24 hrs.

That being said, the highest grossing single day film of all time is Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows Pt. 2, which made $91M in its first 24 hrs.

You win Rockstar. :bow:
Yeah this is a pretty big deal. The king has officially been knocked off. Who knows maybe that'll finally make the COD devs humbled for once. I remember people being "wow'd" by Ghosts. The nuthuggery is entertaining.

Although something to note Take Two has been caught with shady accounting practices in the past.

bread's done
Back