Guardians of the Galaxy (SteelBook)(3D Blu-ray)(Blu-ray)(Digital Copy)(Only @ Best Buy) $34.99 *in stock again

Usually on the day prior to release, it shows up online for in-store pick up for hours but then it disappears then re-appears on release date for online and in-store pick up.  It may be gone quick but it should be available online release date.  Also it should be available in-stores too but some stores get crazy where people grab a hand full of copies so you may want to get there when it opens.  I missed out on the bonus because I waited for gift cards to come in but at least now I will get it free thanks to free gift cards.

Last edited by a moderator:
so I won't get it for 19.99 ... I seriously doubt it will be 19.99 release week for the steelbook....  Last time I called they ended up fucking with my pre-order for TF:AOE Steelbook by cancelling it when I never told them to cancel it.  In the end they ended up sending me a free copy of the steelbook because of their fuck up.

Thanks for the heads up! I really wanted to get in on this one after I saw this thread. Great movie btw, I had a good time seeing it in the theater.

Awesome, got one!

Question about these marvel movies, now that they're a Disney company.  Will the prices stay high like Disney movies do or will they drop to $10 after a year or so?  I'm thinking of the Lego movie I spent $15 on and now it's $4.

Awesome, got one!

Question about these marvel movies, now that they're a Disney company. Will the prices stay high like Disney movies do or will they drop to $10 after a year or so? I'm thinking of the Lego movie I spent $15 on and now it's $4.
Marvel Studios movies tend to stay high. Lowest prices are generally on the week of release. Rarely they drop near $10, but you'll have to wait and the price drop is for a limited period.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, got one!

Question about these marvel movies, now that they're a Disney company. Will the prices stay high like Disney movies do or will they drop to $10 after a year or so? I'm thinking of the Lego movie I spent $15 on and now it's $4.
Yea they are just as bad as Disney movies, at least all the ones that have been released since disney owns them... Like Iron man one got cheap quick... But since they stay at $30 except for release, it's why I preordered this one, $20 and 100 points? even though I don't have a 3d tv I am fine with this!

That's too bad.  I was hoping to save some money waiting for BF prices, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen.  I should have gotten Captain America when it came out too then.  

joshxx, on 24 Nov 2014 - 10:48 AM, said:
Was going to preorder and its sold out again , damn bad luck
I can't believe how fast this keeps selling out. I noticed it had the "myBB early access" logo right above the add to cart button, I wonder if they saved a set amount for this sale? If so, they may have saved some for the Black Friday sales, might want to keep an eye on this when that sale goes live?

Do you guys think there will be physical copies of the steelbook in stores, come the 9th?

I honestly didn't think these things would sell out this quick. And, idk, I had a chance this morning to pre-order it, but there was no store pickup option, which rustled my jimmies a little bit. Didn't PO it, and now they're sold out.

This is gonna play out like or worse than the Avengers Steelbooks, I bet...definitely worse than the Thor ones. I can imagine that one of the biggest movies of the year is gonna equal the resellers buying these in bulk and flipping them on eBay for hefty profits. At this point, I don't care whether or not I get the Steelbook. Long as I get the movie for a good price, that's enough for me. Cause this movie's worth the money in any case.
In checking eBay, some people are already hocking their merch: $40-50 for the SB version. -_-

If you buy one for shipping, it will be sent in a plastic envelope with no padding. Despite that, I've never received a damaged steelbook from Best Buy.

Do you guys think there will be physical copies of the steelbook in stores, come the 9th?

I honestly didn't think these things would sell out this quick. And, idk, I had a chance this morning to pre-order it, but there was no store pickup option, which rustled my jimmies a little bit. Didn't PO it, and now they're sold out.
Most likely you just have to be at the store before they open to snag a copy.

I went to best buy earlier to see if I can preorder it. The guy tried to but the computer showed it couldn't but they did it have it in stock at the back. He said around 67? 

Pretty much if you didn't get a chance to preorder it online make sure you head there and snag a copy when it opens. 

I should have pre-order this when I had the chance. I missed those freaking points. Anyway I have like a Best Buy near my job so probably I will just get there when they open and grab a steelbook copy. 

so, i'll admit i didn't read all this thread. That being said, what's the chances of me walking into best buy first thing tuesday morning and them having this?

I'm going to try and get one at my nearest BB, but it's almost a 30 minute drive.

Bummed I didn't see this sooner.

If I can get more then one I'll help some of you guys out, all I'll ask is the price of the flick plus shipping costs. Not worried about making anything off of it.

Usually Monday around midnight.

Just got an email from BB this morning saying that my copy shipped. Should have it in a few days.

So not only was my order of three adjusted to $19.99 each, but they doubled up on my pre-order points. They added 665 points to my account. :)

And I received pickup notices for four more in-store tomorrow.

I should start up a hashtag for unintentional hoarding.

So not only was my order of three adjusted to $19.99 each, but they doubled up on my pre-order points. They added 665 points to my account. :)

And I received pickup notices for four more in-store tomorrow.

I should start up a hashtag for unintentional hoarding.
Mine hasn't adjusted yet, got a notification of a charge of 30 to my AMEX for the order for my pickup

I'm leaning towards the Target version over Best Buy.  Extra content always trumps packaging for me.  Suggestions?

I haven't been this stoked for a home release since the Vengeance trilogy tin set- maybe the Mahogany Edition Anchorman).

Anyway, this will be fun to comb through for easter eggs and all the little details. Not sure if I'll watch the AoU bonus stuff now or after I've seen it. I only watched the trailer once to to keep from ruining anything for myself.

bread's done
Back