Guardians of the Galaxy (SteelBook)(3D Blu-ray)(Blu-ray)(Digital Copy)(Only @ Best Buy) $34.99 *in stock again

There is a sneak peek at AoU.
Yeah but I meant an actual trailer, not a bunch of talking heads making generic comments about how great the movie is and how great making the movie is.

It's certainly not a big deal or anything, I just think it's really really weird. I can't figure out why they wouldn't put a trailer for it on the disc when I know they have a couple they could've used.

Easier solution to remove the glue: Get a piece of tape, fold it over and repeatedly press it against the glue. It will remove the sticky residue.

This way you aren't putting any weird substance (goo gone, peanut butter lol) on your precious steelbook cases.
You sir deserve an Award! I finally got a Steelbook in the second wave of sale, and I got most of that glue off, but the tape got that pesky residue off easily! Thank you bunches.

Jeez I did want one of these.  So bummed out.  Not willing to pay those outrageous scalper prices.  $30 was stretching it for me since this isn't a Criterion title but I love the look of the steel and I was going to sell the 3D disc since it's a conversion anyway.

It's instock now for $34.99. I refuse to give scalpers my money. Just ordered! I added some pens to get free shipping.

You guys gotta buy Disney/Marvel movies as soon as they are released.
Yeah, anyone who waits thinking they're gonna get a deal on them is a fool. Very seldom do they ever get a deal and even if they do it's usually a very long time after the release. There's also supply issues many releases have had (like this one) so it's just smarter to buy now than later.

I would like to but $35 is too rich for my blood, even selling the 3D version for $5 to some sucker(it's not real 3D).

If it was $30 then I could indulge having spent $5 more then I usually would, at $25.  But while this is a nice steelbook I don't spend over $20 for single feature film Blu-ray's unless it's Criterion.

I'll wait to see if they end up decreasing it by $5.  If it sells out before then so be it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a certain sense of stubborness about certain things.  I almost always refuse to pay over $10 for a standard single music cd.  If it was an SACD, DVD-Audio, etc. then that would be an exception.

$35 for me is overcharging for this aesthetic value.  I did crack on the "Ben-Hur" CE but that was so crazy with all the nice extras at $40.

Criterion has a certain standard of busting their asses, trying to find the best master of a film and then they do a very good job of a restoration most of the time.  That is why I'm more than willing to shell out more for them.

Wow this is still available? I recall saying that there was plenty before it released and people doubted me. Not that I have a magic ball, or affiliated with Best Buy in any way....

Was just getting ready to brave EBay resellers until I saw this. Considering $35 is the starting bid for most of the EBay auctions I have no problem paying that direct from BB.

Glad they actually ordered enough inventory of this one for 2 restocks unlike Thor 2, which I still don't have, and Captain America 2.

I waited this whole time, now I'm unsure if I even want the steel or not.

I don't have any need for the 3D disc. As much as I like the steelbook 35 plus tax is slightly more then I want to pay retail wise. Thought about just finding a 18 to 20 dollar copy with the DVD.

Really glad I didn't freak out too much when the hoarders went on their frenzy.

I have a certain sense of stubborness about certain things. I almost always refuse to pay over $10 for a standard single music cd. If it was an SACD, DVD-Audio, etc. then that would be an exception.

$35 for me is overcharging for this aesthetic value. I did crack on the "Ben-Hur" CE but that was so crazy with all the nice extras at $40.

Criterion has a certain standard of busting their asses, trying to find the best master of a film and then they do a very good job of a restoration most of the time. That is why I'm more than willing to shell out more for them.
Just like I refuse to go to AMPM because they charge a fee to use debit!!!

lol.. I think I got Ben-Hur for $5-$10 3-4 years ago at BBY.

edit: I googled it and it was $10.99.

Still, 5 dollars is kinda ridiculous to say pass on. This is something that's likely only getting one run with shitty prices all around so it's kind of dumb to back out now for a lousy 5 bucks.

Still, 5 dollars is kinda ridiculous to say pass on. This is something that's likely only getting one run with shitty prices all around so it's kind of dumb to back out now for a lousy 5 bucks.
I'm not going to roast the guy for $5, if I left it up to my wife I wouldn't have any movies. We all have to draw the line somewhere, I've done it too but I'm far from a hardcore steelbook collector.

It would nag at me Navex, more than not buying it. Besides Criterion, the only chance you see me paying that much for a domestic movie would be if it's truly a small print local movie or if the place pressing the movie follows my politics on certain issues regarding pay and their employee's buying habits.

I have a winter soldier or Thor 2 SB to trade for one of these if anyone is interested. Sealed and unopened.

Anyone in NYC want to trade if you have a new sealed copy?

It would nag at me Navex, more than not buying it. Besides Criterion, the only chance you see me paying that much for a domestic movie would be if it's truly a small print local movie or if the place pressing the movie follows my politics on certain issues regarding pay and their employee's buying habits.
I'm with you on this one. it was a good movie but now I feel it's overpriced. In earnest, I generally refuse to pay much for my blus. I'm more of a game collector and see them as more valuable. movies are fun to have as a hobby but anyone buying this stuff thinking it's actually going to be worth something more in the future (and I don't mean just momentary demand spikes related to the release) is kidding themselves.

Romeo there is one exception at the current time, the Twilight Time releases.  They're limited pressings and some go for a mint now, especially since they did a remaster of "Fright Night" especially since Sony was so stupid as to undervalue that classic movie.

Romeo there is one exception at the current time, the Twilight Time releases. They're limited pressings and some go for a mint now, especially since they did a remaster of "Fright Night" especially since Sony was so stupid as to undervalue that classic movie.
Okay, well there are always a few exceptions, but Ike you said, it's the exception, and not the rule when it comes to films. Fact is as technology advances and steaming becomes the norm, I don't see how most if not every movie doesn't become readily available. sure, games may be headed n the same direction, but unlike films, they require significant investment to make them play right on other console/systems and gaming companies are reluctant to invest that money to transfer lesser known games. that same hurdle is just not there for films.

It's not the 5 dollar price difference that gets me. It's the fact that if, yes I had been keen or swift enough, I could have gotten it for 20.

25 would have been ok as a retail price for me as well, but after it hit 30 I was having second thoughts. So that's why 35 is really off putting to me.

This is nitpicking but this is also CAG, so yeah.

I waited this whole time, now I'm unsure if I even want the steel or not.

I don't have any need for the 3D disc. As much as I like the steelbook 35 plus tax is slightly more then I want to pay retail wise. Thought about just finding a 18 to 20 dollar copy with the DVD.

Really glad I didn't freak out too much when the hoarders went on their frenzy.
I don't own a 3D Television but considering the Marvel movies only include a digital copy in the 3D version it makes the 5 dollars more I usually pay (I got this one for 20) worth it to legally own the movie for Itunes and now Vudu with Disney Anywhere

Finally bit the bullet on this. I missed out on release day, and don't want to spend the eBay prices. Passed on the first restock as well, but decided to get it just because I have been wanting to watch the movie again and might as well get it.

I don't own a 3D Television but considering the Marvel movies only include a digital copy in the 3D version it makes the 5 dollars more I usually pay (I got this one for 20) worth it to legally own the movie for Itunes and now Vudu with Disney Anywhere
Good point.

I don't usually dig the digital content, still have some codes around here that I have not used, but you make valid points.

What are the other Marvel steelbooks selling for on eBay? It's been quite a while since I even bought a steelbook actually.

Around the time that the Dues Ex steelbook was really hot was the last I had dropped some serious cash on one. That and the MGS limited edition steely.

bread's done
Back