Guardians of the Galaxy (SteelBook)(3D Blu-ray)(Blu-ray)(Digital Copy)(Only @ Best Buy) $34.99 *in stock again

I haven't been this stoked for a home release since the Vengeance trilogy tin set- maybe the Mahogany Edition Anchorman).

Anyway, this will be fun to comb through for easter eggs and all the little details. Not sure if I'll watch the AoU bonus stuff now or after I've seen it. I only watched the trailer once to to keep from ruining anything for myself.
Yea disney and Marvel leave cool/epic easter eggs in these films that you don't really notice till you watch it on your own screen. These releases I look forward to every year. Much more than other home releases. WE ARE GROOT !!!

Dear Bruce,

Just a quick note to let you know your order will be here at our NJ Best Buy store waiting for you on, Tuesday, December 9, 2014. See store address & hours.

To make sure everything gets to its rightful owner, we'll need to see:

Your state-issued photo ID

The order number listed below or a copy of this e-mail

*Also important: We'll have your order waiting for you until Wednesday, December 17, 2014. After that, we will cancel your order.

When you come to pick up your order, look for the sign that says "Store Pickup" or ask one of our associates to direct you. They'll be happy to help.

Plus, it's not too late to purchase Geek Squad Protection! Check with your Sales Associate to see if your product qualifies, and keep your device running like the day you bought it.

And if you ordered anything that isn't listed below, that means we'll be emailing you a separate status update.

Visit BestBuy.com/OrderStatus to view your order.

And finally, thanks for shopping with us.

Sincerely,

Karalyn Sartor
Vice President Customer Care

Awesome! Going to pick up Thor 2 too for $20.

With the exception of people going in and picking up 10 copies each, I don't see any shortage of the steelbook if you just walk into a Best Buy. This movie was a huge hit and will not be short ordered. I have seen the boxes of steelbooks at Best Buy.

Last edited by a moderator:
With the exception of people going in and picking up 10 copies each, I don't see any shortage of the steelbook if you just walk into a Best Buy. This movie was a huge hit and will not be short ordered. I have seen the boxes of steelbooks at Best Buy.
You underestimate the power of these mcu steelbooks. Thor dark world and capt america 2 copies vanished almost instantly and it will be the same for this sadly, no matter how many copies are ordered for instore

You underestimate the power of these mcu steelbooks. Thor dark world and capt america 2 copies vanished almost instantly and it will be the same for this sadly, no matter how many copies are ordered for instore
Not really. I've been picking these up since they started so I know how they are popular. This release is going to be larger than that of the Cap WS steelbook. And that is currently the largest to date.

N

Not really. I've been picking these up since they started so I know how they are popular. This release is going to be larger than that of the Cap WS steelbook. And that is currently the largest to date.
This will not be something available for weeks, i work at best buy and have seen the stock way lower than it was for captain america winter soldier.. I cant see them lasting longer than 2 days, the hype for this movie was bigger than Cap also.

Bah! it's still not available online. I hope it'll be available by the time I get off of work.

Bah! it's still not available online. I hope it'll be available by the time I get off of work.
Don't count on it if it is any time past noon. Most stores will have very limited numbers of these on hand.

My store has 18. 7 are all ready alloted for in store pick up leaving 11 for the floor. And then that doesn't count the in store pick up orders they may get tonight if it goes live again.

I'm really hoping to get one of these. I work all day and can't get into the store when they open. Can I call them and pay over the phone for a pickup?

If it is in stock online. If isn't they will tell you no more then likely. But you can always try and maybe they will be willing to help out.

The online ordering might return but you'll have to keep an eye on it. Sometimes it'll pop up around 1-3 AM CST. At least it did for Captain America: WS and Thor 2.

If it is in stock online. If isn't they will tell you no more then likely. But you can always try and maybe they will be willing to help out.
The online ordering might return but you'll have to keep an eye on it. Sometimes it'll pop up around 1-3 AM CST. At least it did for Captain America: WS and Thor 2.
I will keep my eyes peeled for it then since I'll be up during those times. Thanks for the heads up.

If it wasn't raining heavily today, I would heavily lean toward going out and buying the Steelbook, even if I don't want to spend $22 on a movie. The Best Buy in my area is on the coast line.

N

This will not be something available for weeks, i work at best buy and have seen the stock way lower than it was for captain america winter soldier.. I cant see them lasting longer than 2 days, the hype for this movie was bigger than Cap also.
Heck no this won't be available for weeks! It should still be available late afternoon even up to tomorrow for some stores. Well today is The day and we shall all see for ourselves.

I am not a fan of the cassette tape cover AT ALL, rather get the one with all characters.

A shame BB doesn't have that cover for steelbook.

So not only was my order of three adjusted to $19.99 each, but they doubled up on my pre-order points. They added 665 points to my account. :)

And I received pickup notices for four more in-store tomorrow.

I should start up a hashtag for unintentional hoarding.
Geez man. Not sure it qualifies as unintentional any more. lol

I am not a fan of the cassette tape cover AT ALL, rather get the one with all characters.

A shame BB doesn't have that cover for steelbook.
Funny, I really dislike the look of that group photo they're using for the standard cover. Just looks bad to me despite loving this movie completely.

So not only was my order of three adjusted to $19.99 each, but they doubled up on my pre-order points. They added 665 points to my account. :)
And I received pickup notices for four more in-store tomorrow.
I should start up a hashtag for unintentional hoarding.
I'll buy one from you! I missed out on this :(

So I got to Best Buy at 10:02. Some dude already had every steel in his hands, but employees stopped him and explained the preorder left very few available and he had to check if there was a per person limit. Employee then asked me if I was looking for the steel and the guy holding them all agreed to let me have one before seeing if he could buy the rest. (This was only 3 after a few other customers I guess were given one). Looks like they let him have those last 3.

So I got to Best Buy at 10:02. Some dude already had every steel in his hands, but employees stopped him and explained the preorder left very few available and he had to check if there was a per person limit. Employee then asked me if I was looking for the steel and the guy holding them all agreed to let me have one before seeing if he could buy the rest. (This was only 3 after a few other customers I guess were given one). Looks like they let him have those last 3.
What a Dick!

Freaking hoarders...

Scalping dick, god some people will do anything to make a quick buck.

Yeah, I'm sure lol. I know this economy blows and there's more wage slave jobs than good paying ones but there has to be something out there so you don't stoop that low to pull this kinda shit.

Looking at the thread on bluray.com, plenty of stories of scalpers buying multiple copies and steelbooks gone within minutes. 

I got to my store probably 2 or 3 minutes after opening and I went straight to the display. I only saw about 7 there but don't know if some were bought already since a few people were in that area. While I was choosing, some girl grabbed at least 2. I had to take care of some returns and I was out of the store maybe 10 minutes after I grabbed my copy out of the display. I turned to look at the display on my way out and they were already all gone.

My local one had about 12 and they limited customers to two each. One guy was trying to buy at least 6 and was getting pissy. I was glad they limited this time. Buying half a dozen copies for resale is a shitty thing to do.

My local one had about 12 and they limited customers to two each. One guy was trying to buy at least 6 and was getting pissy. I was glad they limited this time. Buying half a dozen copies for resale is a shitty thing to do.
Limits only happen if the employees and store care enough to implement it. Pretty sure there are people out there that grab every single steelbook on the display.

I picked up 2.  One was in store pickup for myself.  My boss let me leave work at 10:30am to get him one.  There was 1 left after that.

Limits only happen if the employees and store care enough to implement it. Pretty sure there are people out there that grab every single steelbook on the display.
They had an employee standing at the Guardians rack. They took this one really seriously. I'm surprised Cap 2 wasn't based on how many complaints Thor 2 brought. Pretty sure one or two people bought all of them and they weren't even able to fulfill online hold orders. That's their fault, I guess.

4 copies total at my store. Guy tried to grab all of them but I snatched my copy out of his hands. He seemed shocked and didn't know what to say. Hate these reselling pricks. My son was super happy that I snatched it. I love the case a lot.

They had an employee standing at the Guardians rack. They took this one really seriously. I'm surprised Cap 2 wasn't based on how many complaints Thor 2 brought. Pretty sure one or two people bought all of them and they weren't even able to fulfill online hold orders. That's their fault, I guess.
Nice to see your store do something about it at least. Of course, a hoarder could always use other people to buy more copies.

4 copies total at my store. Guy tried to grab all of them but I snatched my copy out of his hands. He seemed shocked and didn't know what to say. Hate these reselling pricks. My son was super happy that I snatched it. I love the case a lot.
Lol!
Thats funny. I got my copy since i had to be here at 7am. If all stores are anything like mine, there are copies on the display shipper, the big huge new release display and the movie pods. Im still upset i didnt get to pre order it though the 100pts woulda been cool

My two closest stores were wiped clean at open thanks to living in scalp central. If anyone has an extra, I've got PayPal at the ready.

Went to pick up my preorder today and there was NONE on the shelves. Better get there quickly if you didn't preorder.

I got there 20 minutes after the store open btw.

Went this morning and there was already a line of 15 people deep. Didn't think much of it as I usually pick up the Marvel steenbooks with no issue, but every individual in line went for these steenbooks. I bought 2 for myself, as it seemed most people were. One woman had 8 in hand though and was directed to the 2nd stash of them. Not sure if they limited them, but they only had 5 left when checked out at 10:15am.

BTW, the one I have opened needs goo-be-gone fast! The sticky substance they used this time around to keep the paper card on left a horrible residue all over the top and bottom of the front.

There has been the same guy at my Best Buy for the last three Marvel Steelbooks. He is a very overweight middle aged guy driving a beat up station wagon. I had trouble with him for the Thor 2 one but for these last two I just do instore pickup to avoid the hassle. I just happen to get to the store at open because I was off from work both times and had errands to run. I know for Thor 2 he got 5-6 copies and for Cap 2 he had more than that. I know he had more than 2-3 this time also.

Walked in around 10:05. Went to the display (first thing one sees when one walks in) and they were all out of SBs. Asked the greeter if they had any more, and he directed me to the back. Went to the back, and asked an employee who was putting up blu-rays for display about the SBs. Said he just gave the last copy to another customer, even though they had around 40, at 10:00.

tl;dr? Freakin' hoarders.

Anyway, they really should limit special stuff like this, to like, 2-3 per person, or have it be like Black Friday where they hand out tickets, first come first serve limit 1.

Went to pick up my preorder at Store Pickup and was given the regular 3D Blu Ray instead, with store pickup sticker taped on it (aren't these usually shrink wrapped?), and that the steelbook "had sold out about 10 minutes after opening".

What the shit, man.  I asked for and recieved a refund.  I can only imagine an employee or employee giving it to a friend.

My online order was shipped on the 6th and it says it's scheduled for delivery on the 12th.  They made me pay for shipping and this is the best they can do?

Went to my local store and got there 5 minutes early at 9:55. The doors were already open. I paniced and ran straight for the new release rack. There were only 3 left so i snagged 2. After i paid i took a look at the rack and the last one was gone already. Wow what an ordeal.

Anybody in San Jose have any leads? I went to McCarthy Ranch at 10:15 and came out disappointed.

All sold out in Dallas at the midway/635 location. :/

EDIT: and so is Irving. There's no fucking excuse for this. Why do they let anyone but more than one or two?

got there like at 9:30. I was probably one of the first few there around 15-20 mins later about 20-30 people showed up. They opened the exit door instead the entrance door. Everyone one zerg rushed it straight to the blu rays. For a second I thought it was gone already I went to the steelbook section but went back to the entrance and noticed they had another booth set up just for Guardians. I ended up getting a copy. I thought I was screwed but gladly got one. 

Arrived at Best Buy 20 minutes before opening and there were already six people ahead of me. When the doors were finally opened, there must have been at least 40 additional people after me. I saw around 15 Steelbooks on the first display and grabbed my two. There was another display stand and a few others were huddling around it so I'm unsure if there were more Steelbooks to be had.

bread's done
Back