Guess the Game from the Screenshot

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Another one:
0115d2dc.gif
[/QUOTE]

Montezuma's Revenge? I don't remember a VCS version.

[quote name='Strell']Gosh, I sure hope no one gets this one!

mysterygame.jpg
[/QUOTE]

I DO BELIEVE NO ONE HAS GOTTEN THIS ONE YET.

Have at you, knaves!

[quote name='woobacca']I know I've played this, but I can't place it. It feels like Raiders of the Lost Ark for Atari 2600, but I posted that last week and the little pixel dude looks different.[/QUOTE]

Right system. Right theme. But not Raiders and not Montezuma...
Think Egypt. :D

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']I'm not as think as you drunk I am. Yeah, I meant shmups.[/QUOTE]Heh cool website

[quote name='Strell']I DO BELIEVE NO ONE HAS GOTTEN THIS ONE YET.

Have at you, knaves![/QUOTE]System? Another screenshot maybe? C'mon throw me a frickin' bone here!

The system didn't have blast processing. It had MEGATON processing. AND flashing lights.

Also if you stayed up late at night you could watch it catch small insects, not unlike an angler fish.

It's blinking........

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Right system. Right theme. But not Raiders and not Montezuma...
Think Egypt. :D[/QUOTE]
Tutankham! I had to dig a little but finally found it thanks to your hint.

[quote name='Strell']The system didn't have blast processing. It had MEGATON processing. AND flashing lights.

Also if you stayed up late at night you could watch it catch small insects, not unlike an angler fish.

It's blinking........[/QUOTE]
:shock: :shock: :shock: Well this certainly gives me something to go on. I'll get back to you after some digging unless someone else beats me to it.

A looks like NES GI Joe, although I think it's the Capcom Sequel (The Atlantis Factor?) and not the Taxan original (which was fun, IIRC).

[quote name='Strell']B. U.N. Squadron
C. Snake Rattle 'N Roll
E. Defenders of Dynacron City[/QUOTE]
[quote name='Mex25']A. Low G Man[/QUOTE]

All correct. That just leaves D.

[quote name='Heyricochet']1.
[/QUOTE]
It's either Zany Golf or Populous -- both are ugly 3D games for Genesis from EA's first run at the console.

Here's one from a game I wish I would've owned at some point:

[quote name='ViolentLee']It's either Zany Golf or Populous -- both are ugly 3D games for Genesis from EA's first run at the console.

Here's one from a game I wish I would've owned at some point:
[/QUOTE]

This is a Neo Geo game called Wind Jammers right?

[quote name='Rodimus Donut']This is a Neo Geo game called Wind Jammers right?[/QUOTE]
You are correct. It's a mixture of Dodge Ball and Air Hockey that I've never been able to put more than a few minutes into.

[quote name='Darkside Hazuki']Here's a classic for the morning folks:

92nl.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Looks like Vanguard, but it's the arcade version, not the Atari one I'm used to.

[quote name='kaw']You are the man.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I try... :) Well, I've got a couple of singles for now, but the main reason I haven't posted too much is that I've been working on a couple of puzzles. I've still got to piece everything together, but let it be known that some new puzzles are on the way... But for now, try these...

gamequiz27.gif

gamequiz28.png

[quote name='Strell']Disney Adventure in Magic Kingdom

I rented that game and that was the only ride I couldn't beat (I want to say it is Space Mountain). This was probably 15 years ago. :p[/QUOTE]

Sorry, Strell. I've been busy and completely forgot to acknowledge your correct answer. That is indeed the Space Mountain ride from Adventures in the Magic Kingdom. Well done!

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']A new one for y'all:
50a3aa1c.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Nobunaga's Ambition for NES.

[quote name='BlueWingX']But for now, try these...

gamequiz27.gif

gamequiz28.png
[/QUOTE]

Magician and Panic Restaurant for NES.

Frame%2055%2003.gif

Guess which US title was made out of this game....they ripped out a few sprites, replaced them with something a little more recognizable, just like Mario 2/Doki Doki Panic.

[quote name='Heyricochet']
3.[/QUOTE]

Yoshinoya - answer courtesy of Hardcord Gamer Magazine

[quote name='Apossum']
Frame%2055%2003.gif

[/QUOTE]

Yo! Noid - answer courtesy of right-clicking the image

[quote name='ViolentLee']It's either Zany Golf or Populous -- both are ugly 3D games for Genesis from EA's first run at the console. [/quote]

Nope sorry, try again.

[quote name='Mr Unoriginal']Looks like Vanguard, but it's the arcade version, not the Atari one I'm used to.[/QUOTE]

Correct!

More people should have bought this game:

134ov.jpg

[quote name='Jack']Magician and Panic Restaurant for NES.[/QUOTE]

Right you are!

[quote name='woobacca']2.
title6pd.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Well, I had to do a little research to get this because I didn't know it existed, but I'd recognize Skuld anywhere. Would this be Skuld's Bug Bashing Game from Aa! Megami-sama (or Ah, My Goddess)?

[quote name='BlueWingX']Well, I had to do a little research to get this because I didn't know it existed, but I'd recognize Skuld anywhere. Would this be Skuld's Bug Bashing Game from Aa! Megami-sama (or Ah, My Goddess)?[/QUOTE]
Yep, you got it. It's not a real game like all the others in this thread, but I couldn't resist posting it to see if anyone else has played it.

[quote name='woobacca']Yep, you got it. It's not a real game like all the others in this thread, but I couldn't resist posting it to see if anyone else has played it.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but I sure wish I had. Skuld is my second favorite AMG character. (Peorth is number one!)

Ok, the second BlueWingX Screenshot Trivia Contest is ready to begin!!! Ok, so we once again have several screenshots (15 to be exact), all with a unifying theme. All you have to do is identify the screenshots AND the unifying theme, and you win!!! I've provided a handy grid for ease of answering. What do you win, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. You'll win the coveted BlueWingX Trophy! The winner will be the first person with ALL 15 correct answers PLUS the unifying theme.

So, I suppose you want some sort of hints or helpful tips again, eh? Well, there's not too much I can tell you to start out with, other than the fact that all 15 games have something in common, and it's not that they're video games, or that some guy you knew owned all of them, or that YOU owned all of them. If we go for too long with no clear winner (Doubtful, I'm sure), I'll try to post some hints. That being said, good luck, and let the contest begin!!!

SpecialQuiz2.jpg

[quote name='BlueWingX']Ok, the second BlueWingX Screenshot Trivia Contest is ready to begin!!! Ok, so we once again have several screenshots (15 to be exact), all with a unifying theme. All you have to do is identify the screenshots AND the unifying theme, and you win!!! I've provided a handy grid for ease of answering. What do you win, you ask? Well, I'm glad you asked. You'll win the coveted BlueWingX Trophy! The winner will be the first person with ALL 15 correct answers PLUS the unifying theme.

So, I suppose you want some sort of hints or helpful tips again, eh? Well, there's not too much I can tell you to start out with, other than the fact that all 15 games have something in common, and it's not that they're video games, or that some guy you knew owned all of them, or that YOU owned all of them. If we go for too long with no clear winner (Doubtful, I'm sure), I'll try to post some hints. That being said, good luck, and let the contest begin!!!

SpecialQuiz2.jpg
[/QUOTE]
1977: A1 - Combat (Atari VCS)
1980: B1 - Las Vegas Blackjack (Intellivision)
1982: C1 - Donkey Kong (ColecoVision)
1982: A2 - Super Breakout (Atari 5200)
1985: B2 - Gyromite (NES)
1986: C2 - Pole Position (Atari 7800)
1986: A3 - Safari Hunt (Master System)
1989: B3 - Altered Beast (Genesis)
1989: C3 - Keith Courage in Alpha Zones (TurboGrafx-16)
1989: A4 - Tetris (Gameboy)
1989: B4 - California Games (Atari Lynx)
1991: C4 - Super Mario World (SNES)
1991: A5 - Columns (Game Gear)
1993: B5 - Cybermorph (Atari Jaguar)
1995: C5 - Mario's Tennis (Virtual Boy)

They were all bundled with hardware at the launch of the console and listed in chronological order.

[quote name='radjago']1977: A1 - Combat (Atari VCS)

They were all bundled with hardware at the launch of the console and listed in chronological order.[/QUOTE]

Wow nice work. I recongnized about 3/5 of the games but I wouldn't have gotten the bundled with hardware at launch thing.

[quote name='radjago']1977: A1 - Combat (Atari VCS)

They were all bundled with hardware at the launch of the console and listed in chronological order.[/QUOTE]

Wow! That is some excellent work! Truly worthy of the BlueWingX Trophy! radjago has been pm'd with his prize, as have previous joint winners, Dogpatch and Strell. So there you have it, folks, the winner of the 2nd BlueWingX Screenshot Trivia Contest! But don't worry, you'll all have another chance to win at the next contest. Thanks for playing!

bread's done
Back