Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

[quote name='Apossum']

There's an iso called "guitar Hero Hacker's Edition" floating around torrent sites. Not sure if these songs are on it.[/quote]

ive seen this to,...can anyone confirm whats on it

[quote name='guyver2077']ive seen this to,...can anyone confirm whats on it[/QUOTE]

i have it

here's the song list

Opening-Licks (classic Rock) *************DONE*****************

1. Blue Oyster Cult/ Dont Fear the Reaper ***EXPERT*** (DONE) 4:55
2. AcDc/ You shook me all night long (expert) DONE 3:30
3. Steppen Wolf/ Born to Be Wild (Medium, expert) done
4. Elvis/ Blue Suede Shoes expert DONE 2:01
5. Pink Floyd Comfortably Numb EXPERT DONE 6:23

Amp Warmers (Metal)************DONE***************

1. Iron Maiden/ Aces High
2. Blind Guardian/Mirror Mirror EXPERT DONE STAR POWER! 5:06
3. Avenged Sevenfold/ Bat Country Done (Medium, Hard, Expert) STAR POWER! 5:13
4. Dragonforce/Through the Fire and Flames DONE (HArd, Expert) STARPOWER!******* 7:24
5. Symphony X Smoke & Mirrors Expert DONE 6:08 MY OWN EDIT

String-Snappers Third (Rock) **********DONE**********

1. Mud vayne/ Happy (EXPERT) DONE 3:37
2. Breaking Benjamin/ Diary of Jane HARD DONE 3:18
3. Blink 182/Whats my Age Again (DONE) hard 2:26
4. Lustra/ Scotty Doesn't Know HARD DONE 2:56
5. School of Rock Main Theme ALL DONE 4:12

Thrash and Burn (Hard Rock) ************DONE***************

1. Killswitch Engage/ This Fire Burns v2 EXPERT STARPOWER DONE 3:05
2. Rammstein/ Links 2 3 4 EXPERT STARPOWER DONE 3:45
3. Rob Zombie/ Operation Overlord HARD DONE STARPOWER 3:28
4. Popa Roach/ Last Resort medium DONE STARPOWER 3:22
5. Linkin Park/ In the End HARD STARPOWER done 3:36

Return of the Shred (Video Games) *****DONE*******

1. Mike Tyson Punch Out (Hard) 3:32
2. Ninja Gaiden (Expert) 4:08
3. SuperMario Bros 2 Expert DONE 6:15
4. SystemofDown/ Legend of Zelda (Easy & Hard) 1:01
5. One Wing Angel (Expert) 6:07

Relentless Riffs (Metal & Rock) *****DONE*******

1.Kamelot/ Soul Society EXPERT DONE 4:17
2.Metallica/ Seek and Destroy HARD done 6:55
3.Muse/ Knights of Cydonia HARD done 6:03
4.Guns N Roses/ Welcome to the Jungle (DONE) 4:33
5.Disturbed/ Stupify medium hard DONE 4:36

FURIOUS WORKS

1. Collective Soul/ Heavy DONE EXPERT 2:56
2. Metallica/ Nothing Else Matters DONE 6:28
3. SystemofDown/Chop Suey DONE EXPERT 3:30
4. Seether / Remedy (One Cold Night) DONE EXPERT 3:41
5. P.O.D./ Alive (Medium, Hard, Expert) DONE

Face-Melters

1. Metallica/ Master of Puppets (DONE) EXPERT 8:37
2. Chuck Berry/ Johnny B. Good (DONE) ALL STAR POWER! 3:50
3. Guns N Roses/ November Rain done EXPERT 8:57
4. Jerry C/ Pacabel's canon (canon Rock) Expert 5:24
5. Led Zepplin/ Stairway to Heaven EXPERT DONE 8:02

Bonus (24 songs)

1. Eddie Van Halen/ Too Hot For Teacher Done (Medium, Hard, Expert)
2. Daft Punk/ Aerodynamic (medium, hard, expert) done
3. Jimmi Hendrix/ National Anthem (DONE) Expert MY OWN EDIT
4. Weezer/ Say it aint so Expert done
5. Cky / 96 Quite Bitter Beings Expert DONE
6. Tenacious D/ Beelzeboss DONE EXPERT
7. Beck/ Devils Hair Cut MEDIUM DONE
8. Survivor/ Eye of the Tiger medium DONE
9. Sum 41/ Over My Head Done (Hard, Expert)
10. Lynryd Skynryd/ Sweet Home Alabama Expert DOne
11. Metallica/ One HARD done
12. Ozzy Osbourne/ Shot in the Dark expert DONE
13. Popa Roach/ Blood Brothers DONE HARD
14. Led Zeppelin/ Living Loving Maid EXPERT DONE
15. Drowning Pool/ Love and war expert DONE
16. Tenacoius D/ pick of destiny hard
17. Johnny Cash/ Rusty Cage hard DONE
18. Thrice/ Stare at the Sun SIX (Medium, Hard, Expert)
19. Red Hot Chilli Peppers/ Under the Bridge (hard, expert) DONE
20. pantera/ walk Expert DONE
21. Nirvana/ Smells Like Teen Spirit Expert done
22. Limp Biskit/ Break Stuff medium done
23. Megadriver/ Megaman X experts
24. Dark Moor/ Vivaldi's Winter expert DONE

you can only choose the difficulties listed for each song, or else the game freezes up while loading the song.

it's decent but not great, lots of the songs have low volume, so you have to turn down the sound effects volume or the crowd/strumming wrong is way too loud. some of the songs are kinda off too. still, worth a dl if you have a modded ps2.

So, this ISO is only for PS2 stuff then? Why is it in teh 360 thread? I would assume you would need a modded 360 to do anything like that anyways.

[quote name='doubledown']So, this ISO is only for PS2 stuff then? Why is it in teh 360 thread? I would assume you would need a modded 360 to do anything like that anyways.[/QUOTE]

yea ps2 only i believe. not sure if the 360 one has been cracked the same way.

So, have they added any more content for download, or are they trying to milk everything they can out of the overpriced ones out now?

What I mean is, are they just waiting as long as they can before more and more people give in and buy these song packs?

It's been about a month now, not looking that good since it was supposed to have "the most downloadable content" ever for a Xbox game.

Has anyone actually had Red Octane reply to anything at all yet? I disputed my credit card charge from them a few weeks back, and my credit card company can't get them to respond at all...so I've been awarded a victory in my dispute.:lol: Great move, RO!

So what song(s) are good for trying the 500,000 point achievement? I'm thinking I might be able to pull it off with X-Stream on Expert, if I can pull off a perfect and use star power during the 3-note chord sequences...

Congrats, Ronin! I used to love 'em, till they started raping us on the DLC and making their controllers with whammy bars made of glass. :)

[quote name='Callandor']So what song(s) are good for trying the 500,000 point achievement? I'm thinking I might be able to pull it off with X-Stream on Expert, if I can pull off a perfect and use star power during the 3-note chord sequences...[/quote]

I'd imagine that if you could perfect Monkey Wrench on expert it'd have to be close to 500k.

[quote name='Callandor']So what song(s) are good for trying the 500,000 point achievement? I'm thinking I might be able to pull it off with X-Stream on Expert, if I can pull off a perfect and use star power during the 3-note chord sequences...[/quote]

I've done it on X-Stream and Killing in the Name. It's doable (but hard) on Freebird Expert.

[quote name='CryptopsyBodom']I've done it on X-Stream and Killing in the Name. It's doable (but hard) on Freebird Expert.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, but freebird on hard, if you got 100% may net 500k. I played it on medium to get my 300k achievement and I only got like 95% of the notes.

[quote name='CryptopsyBodom']I've done it on X-Stream and Killing in the Name. It's doable (but hard) on Freebird Expert.[/QUOTE]

Awesome. I'll gradually work on perfecting X-Stream, in that case (easy rhythms, but a couple of the chord transitions are a bitch to nail)

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I'm giving up on expert. Hangar 18 and Freebird are impossible.[/QUOTE]

I can't beat freya or crazy on you on expert, so I started a new band and will go through medium and hard again, maybe the practice will make me good enough to beat the songs.

Practice is the key.

[quote name='mr ryles']I can't beat freya or crazy on you on expert, so I started a new band and will go through medium and hard again, maybe the practice will make me good enough to beat the songs.

Practice is the key.[/quote]

Or quitting for a while

Seriously. If I get stuck on a song, I just stop playing. The next day, I go back, and can do it very easily. I don't get worked up when I play, I guess I just need a rest

I finally beat Freebird on Hard! Now on to expert but I doubt I'll ever finish - it was very difficult for me to do the Hard levels...

[quote name='linkpwns']Or quitting for a while

Seriously. If I get stuck on a song, I just stop playing. The next day, I go back, and can do it very easily. I don't get worked up when I play, I guess I just need a rest[/quote]

this is true. a good night's rest helps our brains to establish stronger connections to information we learned throughout the day. this applies to muscle memory exercises like guitar hero.

[quote name='linkpwns']Or quitting for a while

Seriously. If I get stuck on a song, I just stop playing. The next day, I go back, and can do it very easily. I don't get worked up when I play, I guess I just need a rest[/quote]

Indeed, I was stuck on 5 of the last 6 songs (Misirlou was oddly easy for me) and just put it down...the next day I beat all of em on the first or second try.

[quote name='mr ryles']I can't beat freya or crazy on you on expert, so I started a new band and will go through medium and hard again, maybe the practice will make me good enough to beat the songs.

Practice is the key.[/quote]

Those were both hard, for crazy on you just play enough times to get through the start, then it's not to bad. For Freya just pick certain notes to play that you can always get and purposefully miss others. You should manage to pass it.

As for waiting the next day, I beat all four of the songs but hangar 18 the first day I played them. Hangar 18 has taken me about 2 weeks and a hours worth of tries, but I can't get through the solo. However you guys have reinspired me and now I want to keep trying.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']Those were both hard, for crazy on you just play enough times to get through the start, then it's not to bad. For Freya just pick certain notes to play that you can always get and purposefully miss others. You should manage to pass it.

As for waiting the next day, I beat all four of the songs but hangar 18 the first day I played them. Hangar 18 has taken me about 2 weeks and a hours worth of tries, but I can't get through the solo. However you guys have reinspired me and now I want to keep trying.[/QUOTE]

thats what I do on freya, there are certain notes I know I can't get without messing up the next couple, so I just skip it.

Up to 9 FCs on hard.

Still can't FC Monkey Wrench for the 1000 note streak achievement though. I always seem to find a way to fuck it up. Highest streak is 915. I hate that song.

Well, I finally caved and bought the Bark at the Moon track pack. I'm so ashamed. :cry: Oh yeah, delirium is the only one who can even come close to my career score. Where's the fucking competition?! ;)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, I finally caved and bought the Bark at the Moon track pack. I'm so ashamed. :cry: Oh yeah, delirium is the only one who can even come close to my career score. Where's the fucking competition?! ;)[/quote]

Wait until I buy the game, and get my refurbished 360.

:cool:

[quote name='Flyersfan']Wait until I buy the game, and get my refurbished 360.

:cool:[/quote]

If you are as good at Guitar Hero as the Flyers are at hockey, I don't think your chances are very good.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']If you are as good at Guitar Hero as the Flyers are at hockey, I don't think your chances are very good.[/quote]

Pfft.

Why do you hate the Flyers?

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, I finally caved and bought the Bark at the Moon track pack. I'm so ashamed. :cry: Oh yeah, delirium is the only one who can even come close to my career score. Where's the fucking competition?! ;)[/QUOTE]

Did you ever send a friend request? I gotta be at least close to your career score. Unless you're near FCing lots of songs on expert.

[quote name='buttasuperb']Did you ever send a friend request? I gotta be at least close to your career score. Unless you're near FCing lots of songs on expert.[/QUOTE]

I sent one to you earlier actually, I don't know if you had accepted the last time I checked the leaderboards. I'll check in a bit. :D

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I sent one to you earlier actually, I don't know if you had accepted the last time I checked the leaderboards. I'll check in a bit. :D[/QUOTE]

Your only 4 million ahead of me. :lol:

I imagine if I can get threw the last 2 sets on expert I should get close to you, but I don't think I will ever beat the last 2 song sets. :whistle2:(

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Well, I finally caved and bought the Bark at the Moon track pack. I'm so ashamed. :cry: Oh yeah, delirium is the only one who can even come close to my career score. Where's the fucking competition?! ;)[/quote]

Come close? Are you ahead of me? My list shows me still in the lead of my friends list by a good amount. I was ranked around 1130 when I checked yesterday...been playing a lot after I stopped for a week or two and dropped down around 1500. I think I have 6 more career songs to 5 star on expert. Most of them just have 1 or 2 tricky parts that I need to go over a few times in practice mode and I should be good, but I still don't know how the hell I'm ever going to get 5 stars on Misirlou.

GH3 announcement including the following new songs:

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

Also from the press release, "fresh downloadable content will be offered on multiple platforms". We've seen the track record with DLC.

Additionally, I do not know what to make of the following statement either, "a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience". Does that mean that old guitars are obsolete. Part of why I bought GH2 was to use the guitar in subsequent releases.

Overall, I like the tracks announced and most are master tracks, which is nice, but I would love to see some DLC sooner than this and if my current guitar works with rock band as Harmonix has stated then I may be headed that way in the fall.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I sent one to you earlier actually, I don't know if you had accepted the last time I checked the leaderboards. I'll check in a bit. :D[/QUOTE]

I'll accept it after work today. Wasn't on xbl at all yesterday.

[quote name='mr ryles']Your only 4 million ahead of me. :lol:

I imagine if I can get threw the last 2 sets on expert I should get close to you, but I don't think I will ever beat the last 2 song sets. :whistle2:([/QUOTE]

Barely passing songs on expert isn't going to help your career score unless that's the only difficulty you've played. Career score only takes your highest score from across all difficulties for each song. Most of my posted scores are from hard, only a few from expert.

And, Sabotage? Paint It Black? Holy shit.

[quote name='delirium266']Come close? Are you ahead of me? My list shows me still in the lead of my friends list by a good amount. I was ranked around 1130 when I checked yesterday...been playing a lot after I stopped for a week or two and dropped down around 1500. I think I have 6 more career songs to 5 star on expert. Most of them just have 1 or 2 tricky parts that I need to go over a few times in practice mode and I should be good, but I still don't know how the hell I'm ever going to get 5 stars on Misirlou.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm about 200 ranks ahead. When you go to the leaderboards, highlight your name and press "up." ;)

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Yeah, I'm about 200 ranks ahead. When you go to the leaderboards, highlight your name and press "up." ;)[/quote]

Interesting...
I didn't realize the list doesn't start at the top. That's good though, I'm not getting much competition on my friends list either. I think the next person down on my list is ranked around 9,000.

[quote name='delirium266']Interesting...
I didn't realize the list doesn't start at the top. That's good though, I'm not getting much competition on my friends list either. I think the next person down on my list is ranked around 9,000.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it took me a bit to figure it out, too. It starts on your GT.

[quote name='prayformojo']GH3 announcement including the following new songs:

* Paint It Black (by The Rolling Stones)
* Cherub Rock (by Smashing Pumpkins)
* Sabotage (by Beastie Boys)
* The Metal (by Tenacious D)
* My Name is Jonas (by Weezer)
* Knights of Cydonia (by Muse)
* Rock And Roll All Nite (as made famous by Kiss)
* School's Out (as made famous by Alice Cooper)
* Slow Ride (as made famous by Fog Hat)
* Cult of Personality (by Living Colour)
* Barracuda (as made famous by Heart)

Also from the press release, "fresh downloadable content will be offered on multiple platforms". We've seen the track record with DLC.

Additionally, I do not know what to make of the following statement either, "a new button color design that will be integrated for an even greater authentic feel and rock experience". Does that mean that old guitars are obsolete. Part of why I bought GH2 was to use the guitar in subsequent releases.

Overall, I like the tracks announced and most are master tracks, which is nice, but I would love to see some DLC sooner than this and if my current guitar works with rock band as Harmonix has stated then I may be headed that way in the fall.[/QUOTE]

The soundtrack is already looking majorly kick ass. Sabotage and Paint it black already got me drooling. Plus some tenacious D and smashing pumpkins as well. All in all I don't see one bad song in that list. Plus Queens of the Stone Age have also been confirmed to be in the game.

Damn, you got about 700k on me.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Yeah, it took me a bit to figure it out, too. It starts on your GT.[/quote]

There's a new top dog in town. :cool:

[quote name='delirium266']Interesting...
I didn't realize the list doesn't start at the top. That's good though, I'm not getting much competition on my friends list either. I think the next person down on my list is ranked around 9,000.[/QUOTE]
Some of us are in the room. Jerks. ;)

bread's done
Back