Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

I bit on the Red Octane preorder this morning. I already have GH and GHII for PS2 - I can't believe I just spent $90 on something I already have. The DLC better include everything from the original GH because I'm getting rid of my PS2 stuff on eBay...

Played the demo at BB yesterday and the build quality on the new controller looks much better than the PS2 - seems more durable and less 'plastic-like'.

One downside is it's not as comfortable to use - the top corner near where the wire comes out seems to dig into your strumming arm as you play. It's pretty awkward to me and I really noticed it when playing. I'm guessing this will lessen with practice and once you learn to reposition your arm differently from the PS2 version but right now, it's annoying. Maybe it's just me though - anyone else who tried the new controller notice this at all?

[quote name='Scorch']RedOctane is shipping GH2 to stores next week but it's streetdated, I wouldn't count on anyone getting it early.

I can't wait.. I need to find a way to get this launch day!!![/quote]
My friend that works at GameStop said that they were expecting them Friday. This was from the shipping thinger(I forget the name of it on the actual system). So if they are getting theirs and RedOctane said that pre-orders would be getting theirs first, I wouldn't doubt that we get them this weekend or Monday. Then again, I wouldn't doubt we get them after release day since they are in high demand.

I would be all over this, but I will be living in Italy for the next year and getting my 360 over is going to be expensive enough... I can't imagine trying to ship over this game with two controllers...

Hopefully by the time I get back there will be wireless guitars.

i'm so psyched about this! can't wait to see how i match up against fellow cags... unfortunately, it doesn't look like redoctane's gonna ship it to me before it's already out...

[quote name='Kendal']I played this at Best Buy and I suck at it. I can't wait to get it.[/QUOTE]
Now THERE is the mark of a good game!

[quote name='Johnny Postman']Played the demo at BB yesterday and the build quality on the new controller looks much better than the PS2 - seems more durable and less 'plastic-like'.

One downside is it's not as comfortable to use - the top corner near where the wire comes out seems to dig into your strumming arm as you play. It's pretty awkward to me and I really noticed it when playing. I'm guessing this will lessen with practice and once you learn to reposition your arm differently from the PS2 version but right now, it's annoying. Maybe it's just me though - anyone else who tried the new controller notice this at all?[/QUOTE]

I don't think I noticed that playing at all. Overall, I thought it was the same if not better than the PS2 control. The fret buttons in particular had the right amount of resistance. I only recently had a chance to play on a third party control; boy, are the buttons ever hard to press!

Wow - I just looked at the achievements and some of them are impossible. 5 Stars on Expert for all songs? No freaking way. Also, I don't like how 280 points are tied up in co-op. If there was online co-op then fine but the only way to get these achievements is to have 2 guitars and friends who play video games of which I have neither. Bummer.

[quote name='asianxcore']I finally found a local Best Buy that had the GH2 360 demo setup....

.....but the guitar was broken[/quote]

that sucks i the BB near me doesnt have a demo sation set up :cry: :bomb:

any one want to donate some money so i can get the game

[quote name='KaneRobot']Now THERE is the mark of a good game![/quote]

Well I like a challenge. My left hand is pretty much useless, so I think this will make it or break it.

Anyone get a shipping notice yet? I did, but then I woke up from my dream...bummer.

[quote name='javeryh']Wow - I just looked at the achievements and some of them are impossible. 5 Stars on Expert for all songs? No freaking way. Also, I don't like how 280 points are tied up in co-op. If there was online co-op then fine but the only way to get these achievements is to have 2 guitars and friends who play video games of which I have neither. Bummer.[/quote]
Sounds like it's mirroring the in-game requirements for unlocking guitars, which you can unlock two guitars per difficulty by either beating all of the songs or 5-starring them all.

did anyone else get an email from red octane late yesterday with a 10% off coupon or 15% off an order of over $100...I had preordered a dual guitar bundle from them for the 360. Anyone know if you can get the coupon applied to my current order, or do i have to cancel it and reorder?

[quote name='ryanbph']did anyone else get an email from red octane late yesterday with a 10% off coupon or 15% off an order of over $100...I had preordered a dual guitar bundle from them for the 360. Anyone know if you can get the coupon applied to my current order, or do i have to cancel it and reorder?[/QUOTE]

coupon doesn't work for pre-orders

[quote name='anomynous']Just playe dit at best buy, it's a must buy[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

I finally found a Best Buy near me that had a working demo/kiosk up of GH2. I got to play a couple songs including one of the new songs, "Life Wasted" by Pearl Jam.

The guitar was nice. I actually like that the strum bar feels a lot more solid than the PS2 guitar. It was also nice playing GH2 on an LCD, with no lag (or any that I could notice).

I can't wait for next week.

[quote name='asianxcore']Agreed.

I finally found a Best Buy near me that had a working demo/kiosk up of GH2. I got to play a couple songs including one of the new songs, "Life Wasted" by Pearl Jam.

The guitar was nice. I actually like that the strum bar feels a lot more solid than the PS2 guitar. It was also nice playing GH2 on an LCD, with no lag (or any that I could notice).

I can't wait for next week.[/quote]I was at CC today and they only had a 10 song demo running, none of the new 360 songs. I didn't notice much difference in the guitar from the PS2 version, personally, but I didn't go nuts with it. I only played a couple verses of Surrender before someone started blasting rap music from another department and I couldn't even hear the 5.1 system they had the 360 on. :roll:

Still, I hope mine arrives soon, I'm jonesin'.

OXM #70 will have GH2 gamerpics as unlockables.

0Gdsb2JhbC9HCgQJBksIGANYL3RpbGUvMC8yMDAwMwAAAAAAAAD-UJ8Q.jpg

http://forums.xbox.com/11251987/ShowPost.aspx

[quote name='javeryh']Wow - I just looked at the achievements and some of them are impossible. 5 Stars on Expert for all songs? No freaking way. Also, I don't like how 280 points are tied up in co-op. If there was online co-op then fine but the only way to get these achievements is to have 2 guitars and friends who play video games of which I have neither. Bummer.[/quote]

Same, I don't have any friends that have a 360 and are getting GH2.

Most of the GH veterans will probably blaze through at least an estimated 600 gamerpoints pretty quickly.

[size=+1]Shipped![/size] Just got my confirmation a half hour ago. Very nice, we should have them in time for launch day if not sooner!

Link - might want to add "now shipping" to the thread title.

I am in the shipped club! I heard on gaymefaqs that someone got theirs from CC.com. I am not saying they didn't, but I don't believe hardly anything I see on that website. WEll the forums.

[quote name='Kendal']I am in the shipped club! I heard on gaymefaqs that someone got theirs from CC.com. I am not saying they didn't, but I don't believe hardly anything I see on that website. WEll the forums.[/QUOTE]
I suppose it's possible if they paid for overnight shipping...my origin scan was 3/28 (yesterday) and it was shipped around 1 am this morning, so if the guy was right near the warehouse or something it seems like it could happen.

I'm sure he could prove it by showing his gamercard.

It was Yambag. After posting I did some sluething(xbox.com FTW!) and found out he wasn't full of shit like most people who say they got gameX early.

Has anyone who took advantage of the Costco deal had theres ship out. I am starting to wig out, because I want this day one, but it hasn't shipped!

Just a heads-up. Some Circuit Citys have this available for order online with in-store pickup. I noticed that pretty much every store in Orlando stated "in stock" this morning. So I ordered it, and within minutes, got the email that it was ready to pick up. I swung by there and grabbed it with no problems whatsoever.

[quote name='Shagrath']Just a heads-up. Some Circuit Citys have this available for order online with in-store pickup. I noticed that pretty much every store in Orlando stated "in stock" this morning. So I ordered it, and within minutes, got the email that it was ready to pick up. I swung by there and grabbed it with no problems whatsoever.[/quote]Interesting, nothing here in Michigan like that. Might've been tempted to pick it up early and just return the RO one when it got delivered.

[quote name='Shagrath']Just a heads-up. Some Circuit Citys have this available for order online with in-store pickup. I noticed that pretty much every store in Orlando stated "in stock" this morning. So I ordered it, and within minutes, got the email that it was ready to pick up. I swung by there and grabbed it with no problems whatsoever.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the headsup!

One CC stores in my area (the closest, it's 10 minutes away) was the only one who listed it as "in stock". Hopefully I'll get my confirmation email to pick it up in store soon.

This CC was the same store that wasn't able to scan GH2 for PS2 early (barcode wouldn't scan). Will it be easier this time around, because I have already paid for it?

I'm thinking of doing what I did with Gears of War, which was buy it early at EB while I got a deal for it online. When the online order got to me later that week, I returned it to EB for a refund.

There's a CC near me that has it in stock, so I'm considering doing this, though the risk is considerably higher on a $90 game if it doesn't work. Does anyone know if CC puts any stickers on it that identify it as sold at CC?

[quote name='javeryh']How the crap does anyone get a 400k score for one song??[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it's hard, but not impossible. I'm only on the 2nd song (Possum Kingdom) and got 218,000

Also I never thought about this, but I'm wondering if those achievements will unlock during Co-Op (Score X points).

[quote name='buttasuperb']looks like one cc near me has it in stock.

will you still be able to get the free 1600 point card they are offering in next weeks ad?[/QUOTE]

It might be YMMV. On my receipt it says "Xbox 360 accessories" instead of the real product name. I'm guessing this is because the item isn't in their system yet? So hopefully by Tuesday, they'll have the name of the product that corresponds to the UPC that is on the receipt.

I'm going to try next week anyway.

All the Targets near me say they have in stock online, but the one I went to a litle while ago is NOT selling the game before street date, even though they have it in the back.

Bastards.

I just checked the shipping status on mine and it's secheduled for REdelivery on April 3 which is disappointing because I was hoping to have it for the weekend. I wonder what the "RE" means though because someone has been home for the past 3 days all day so it's not like they would have tried and then left - plus the third is Tuesday (why not try again Monday if you were already here?)...

Geezus, y'all are getting it fast. I'm stuck waiting until the BB sale ($10 GC w/$100 purchase) next week. Sometimes it hurts to be cheapass, if only a little.

[quote name='javeryh']I just checked the shipping status on mine and it's secheduled for REdelivery on April 3 which is disappointing because I was hoping to have it for the weekend. I wonder what the "RE" means though because someone has been home for the past 3 days all day so it's not like they would have tried and then left - plus the third is Tuesday (why not try again Monday if you were already here?)...[/QUOTE]

Its possible they fucked up and put it out for deliver on the wrong truck. That's happened to me before.

[quote name='javeryh']I just checked the shipping status on mine and it's secheduled for REdelivery on April 3 which is disappointing because I was hoping to have it for the weekend. I wonder what the "RE" means though because someone has been home for the past 3 days all day so it's not like they would have tried and then left - plus the third is Tuesday (why not try again Monday if you were already here?)...[/quote]Sure it's not REscheduled for delivery? That's what my tracking says. Likely there was either a miscaluculation when they shipped, or RO worked out a deal with UPS to give them the packages early but then delivery them on the 3rd or later.

If you ordered from redoctane.com you will have your game buy either the 3rd or the 4th. Unless they run out of stock. But there have been no signs of that yet. There have been people placing orders just today adn they already have conformation that there games will be shipped.

For someone who's never played the GH's before, this game is tough. I think I can cancel my gamefly subscription for the time being, this is going to last me for a long time.

bread's done
Back