Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

[quote name='ryanbph']so what did you end up doing?[/QUOTE]

Holding onto it until I get them to budge. As of yesterday, they promised me a new guitar would be shipped out the same day. But seeing it was so difficult to actually get a hold of them, I cast doubt on that claim.

Does anybody else get three stars on almost every expert song. I am currently on the set with Freya, and so far I have not been too stuck on any song, but I only have one 5 star and three 4 stars. I'm getting worried thought cuz those last 6 songs and phycobilly freakout are gonna be a pain in the rear.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']Does anybody else get three stars on almost every expert song. I am currently on the set with Freya, and so far I have not been too stuck on any song, but I only have one 5 star and three 4 stars. I'm getting worried thought cuz those last 6 songs and phycobilly freakout are gonna be a pain in the rear.[/QUOTE]

ya I can't beat crazy on you or freya.

On expert it is really surviving the song, not beating it. I think I have 3 starred every song on expert so far.

Freya was ridiculous, finally beat it today. Those ending parts are insane (like green to orange to yellow/blue)

Crazy on you is the one with (what seems like) a bunch of random shit in the beginning right?

[quote name='Mattte']Freya was ridiculous, finally beat it today. Those ending parts are insane (like green to orange to yellow/blue)

Crazy on you is the one with (what seems like) a bunch of random shit in the beginning right?[/QUOTE]

ya the start of "Crazy on you" is insane. It gets easier, but the whole song is hard except the chorus, so I can only make it about 50% through the song before I fail.

[quote name='mr ryles']ya the start of "Crazy on you" is insane. It gets easier, but the whole song is hard except the chorus, so I can only make it about 50% through the song before I fail.[/quote]
The strumming part is really tough to get down. I've been trying to 5 star it on Hard for days so I can keep working towards 5 starring everything but it is fucking rough. I also seem to keep having problems with that Crash Test Dummies song too. I got up to 180k on Hard and somehow it was still only 4 stars. I have so much trouble keeping a multiplier going during the verse of that song.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']The strumming part is really tough to get down. I've been trying to 5 star it on Hard for days so I can keep working towards 5 starring everything but it is fucking rough. I also seem to keep having problems with that Crash Test Dummies song too. I got up to 180k on Hard and somehow it was still only 4 stars. I have so much trouble keeping a multiplier going during the verse of that song.[/quote]

crash test dummies song?

I'm getting creamed on Carry me Home on Hard... My last song. I've just been trying to complete Hard. Making no attempt at 5 stars. I've made almost no effort to practice anything. I've completed most songs my first time, and 5 starred all easy and medium with no practice. I 5 starred the first 2 sets on Hard, then pretty much got 3's from there. I'm sorry, but I can't practice this game. Every time I start to replay the same song more than a few times I wonder why I'm not practicing my real guitar instead...

I'll probably try and survive through Carry me Home, then knock off Free Bird and sell the game. It was fun, but I'm not dedicated enough to try and compete on a higher level.

[quote name='delirium266']crash test dummies song?[/quote]

Once.. there was this boy who..

Not the song, nor is there one, but it popped into my head. =)

Latest DLC possibly revealed:

Content Pack 1:

“Cowboys From Hell” - Pantera
“I Love Rock & Roll” - Joan Jett & The Blackhearts
“Cochise” - Audioslave

Content Pack 2:

“Godzilla” - Blue Oyster Cult
“I Wanna Be Sedated” - The Ramones
“Sharp Dressed Man” - ZZ Top

Content Pack 3:

“Iron Man” - Black Sabbath
“Take Me Out” - Franz Ferdinand
“Smoke on the Water” - Deep Purple

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2784#more-2784

Of course no word on price.

[quote name='deadite76']Latest DLC possibly revealed:

http://www.xboxic.com/news/2784#more-2784

Of course no word on price.[/quote]DANG IT. Two songs I wanted (Iron Man and Take Me Out) in one pack. Please, let it be cheaper. I'm not sure I can fight the temptation not to get it even at 500 points...

EDIT: Scratch that, I wanted all 3. I might cave even if it's not cheaper...

The price really does make me cry...I was looking at the playlist from the first GH (I never played it) and it has some good songs. Would just be cheaper to get it for the for ps2 (and that sad fact makes me cry a little more).

i'm 4 songs away from 5 starring everything on hard.

laid to rest, psychobilly freakout, carry me home, and institutionalized

going to be a pain in the ass.

anyone know how much the guitar you get for doing that costs?

during a night of severe inebriation and spontaneity, i caved and bought the 3 packs currently up for d/l... somehow i feel soiled now...

[quote name='zola']during a night of severe inebriation and spontaneity, i caved and bought the 3 packs currently up for d/l... somehow i feel soiled now...[/QUOTE]haha, i like it. blame the booze thats what my parents did.

i actually tried playing this with the regular controller and it was actually not that bad. THen, my friend and i each grabbed one halh of a regualr controller and played a couple songs on hard that way. Surpriginlly, it was easier than playing it normally

Definitely some better songs on that list. Don't know why they're releasing songs in 2 packs like this. I want the entire GH1 collection as a whole...

[quote name='mr ryles']I would like some totally new songs, not just more GH1[/quote]Word, I'd be really happy with a Tool song on there. I'd love to see those bass riffs on Medium-->Expert. :cool:

[quote name='paz9x']blame the booze thats what my parents did.[/QUOTE]
That quote delivers.

Re: those "giving in" - I'm sure that's how Red Octane looked at it. "Yeah, they'll scream now, but if we get the backlash over with early, once they're done with the regular game, they won't be able to resist."

Know what would be awesome? If they actually RAISED the price 100 points. People would still buy it, and MS & RO get a good laugh at the jellyfish-like resolve of the gaming community.

Not I. Not only that, but I'm about 90% sure that I'm selling mine once I finish Hard instead of keeping it indefinitely as I intended before these prices were announced. If each of these packs were like 150-250 points, there'd be one less used copy of this game on the market....

[quote name='doubledown']So, how many people actually have bought the expansion songs from the Marketplace?

Just curious....[/quote]

I bought the bark at the moon pack, and the higher ground pack.. I just picked up a points card with some credit and it's not bad at all, a bunch of other people have too, when you look at the leaderboards or something on xbl.. a lot of people play one pack or the other.. so the sales aren't doing bad I wouldnt think.

[quote name='doubledown']So, how many people actually have bought the expansion songs from the Marketplace?

Just curious....[/QUOTE]

I'm holding out. It's tough b/c I want to play those songs, but I have so much other stuff going on that it's not as tough as I thought it would be.

[quote name='doubledown']So, how many people actually have bought the expansion songs from the Marketplace? [/QUOTE]

yup, bought them all the day they came out. My Lady and I needed more tracks!
But the intial GH rush has subsided and I think I'll be holding of on the next releases.

and yes, it would seem logical just to release GH1 as a whole.
But as we all know, money defeats logic.

Based off of the leaderboards about 10% of GH2 owners have purchased the DLC packs. Not sure if this meets sales projections, but my guess is that it is about what they thought they would do. No doubt that if they had lowered the prices more people would buy, but at 250 points to earn the same profit, about 20% of GH2 owners would need to buy the content (I'm not sure, if that would happen). I think what really pisses me off about the whole thing are the bundles, I'd rather pick and choose my songs and would have no problem paying $2 per song to do so. It seems like in every pack there is only 1 song that I like; however, pack 3 of the new rumored packs looks pretty enticing. Anybody think that we will see these tomorrow(2 week schedule for the GH1 content, once a month thereafter). Also, what would be cool is if they could release these packs so that they work within Guitar Hero 3, as well.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Word, I'd be really happy with a Tool song on there. I'd love to see those bass riffs on Medium-->Expert. :cool:[/quote]

I'm going to see them on 5/3, it's going to be gnarly.

[quote name='Tha Xecutioner']Word, I'd be really happy with a Tool song on there. I'd love to see those bass riffs on Medium-->Expert. :cool:[/QUOTE]
46 and 2 would be a great track for this game.

If they were totally new songs it would still be a stretch but it MIGHT be worth what they are charging. But for recycled GH1 content...don't think so sorry. Actually even if they were new songs the price is still a bit too high.

I'll be buying at least 2 packs of those songs, still a LOT cheaper than buying a PS2, GH and guitar. Plus I don't want all the songs so that will make it cheaper.

[quote name='screwkick']Bought all 3 packs the first day. Will be buying the new ones as soon as they come out as well.[/QUOTE]

That'll show 'em.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']That'll show 'em.[/quote]Hey, we each have our own way of sticking it to the man, alright? Some people start wars, some people use passive resistance, others withdraw all their money and hope to suffocate the fat cats in wads of cash!

Not everybody gives a fuck about "sticking it to the man" Maybe somebody just wants to use their own money to buy things that they personally feel is worth what they're paying. Just a thought.

[quote name='modium']Not everybody gives a fuck about "sticking it to the man" Maybe somebody just wants to use their own money to buy things that they personally feel is worth what they're paying. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

Here's a thought: Learn to take a fucking joke, you stuck up overly sensitive douche.

See? Comedy gold right there.

Finally beat it on hard, may not seem like much since a lot of people here beat it on expert but damn. Havent felt this good about beating something in a game since the harder difficulty levels in ninja gaiden.

[quote name='modium']So, you try to defend somebody and you get called a douche?

I love the cheapassgamer.com forums.[/QUOTE]

Man overboard!
sense_of_humor.jpg

[quote name='modium']Not everybody gives a fuck about "sticking it to the man" Maybe somebody just wants to use their own money to buy things that they personally feel is worth what they're paying. Just a thought.[/quote]We were just being silly. No need to get upset. :)

I'm starting to struggle with the songs on Medium and Hard and I think it may be due to the position of my fingers.

Where do you guys position your hands when you play and what do you do to hit the 5th key? (The one that your fingers don't normally rest on; either orange or green)

[quote name='Mindzeye82']I'm starting to struggle with the songs on Medium and Hard and I think it may be due to the position of my fingers.

Where do you guys position your hands when you play and what do you do to hit the 5th key? (The one that your fingers don't normally rest on; either orange or green)[/QUOTE]
one method doesn't work on all the songs, some songs you have to use one some the other some both like sweet child of mine on hard or expert go the practice section and play that on slow on expert you'll get better.

Damn it, I have been wanting to play Guitar Hero ever since it was announced for 360 and after playing it at CES this year, but I can't find a single fucking guitar and game. This article can attest to the lack of supply:

http://biz.gamedaily.com/industry/feature/?id=15909

and unlike all of those that complain about the price for the song packs, I don't mind them. Shit, the minute I can get a guitar and game I'm DLing all of them.

[quote name='modium']Not everybody gives a fuck about "sticking it to the man" Maybe somebody just wants to use their own money to buy things that they personally feel is worth what they're paying. Just a thought.[/quote]

Yaeh! Go modium! I'm here buddy and in the same boat. Screw the CAGs and their whining. All I want is some guitar hero and songs. Oh yaeh, go Activision!

[quote name='buttasuperb']i'm 4 songs away from 5 starring everything on hard.

laid to rest, psychobilly freakout, carry me home, and institutionalized

going to be a pain in the ass.

anyone know how much the guitar you get for doing that costs?[/QUOTE]

5 starred laid to rest and psychobilly freakout

unfortunately, i'm not even close on the other two

bread's done
Back