Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

So is GH2 going to continue to get DLC after GH3 is out?

I like playing the MCR songs on GH2, just hoping for more song downloads that aren't songs from GH1.

[quote name='menikmati']wtf? I've played guitar for 6 years and Expert is the ONLY mode I find to be fun.

Your finger independence and dexterity must be horrible, too many power chords eh?[/QUOTE]

Thing is, and I have no idea if this applies here or not, with real guitar you can THINK you are playing a song right even when you aren't ;)

[quote name='asianxcore']So is GH2 going to continue to get DLC after GH3 is out?

I like playing the MCR songs on GH2, just hoping for more song downloads that aren't songs from GH1.[/QUOTE]

im wondering if ill be able to load my DLC with 3 or will have to put it 2 so i can play killer queen.

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im wondering if ill be able to load my DLC with 3 or will have to put it 2 so i can play killer queen.[/quote]

Why would they allow that when they could make you rebuy it AGAIN for the low, low, LOW price of 4 payments of $17.95 + shipping and handling per song!!! Act now and they will throw in a free ginsu knife!!! Wow!!!!!

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']im wondering if ill be able to load my DLC with 3 or will have to put it 2 so i can play killer queen.[/QUOTE]

Considering GHIII uses new code, I highly doubt the Harmonix-programmed GHII DLC will work on GHIII.

I'm trying to five star Monkey Wrench on Medium. Does anyone have any suggestions for the really quick notes right after the intro? I tried alt-strumming (up and down), but that seems to be too fast, and strumming one way is too slow.

[quote name='lordwow']I'm trying to five star Monkey Wrench on Medium. Does anyone have any suggestions for the really quick notes right after the intro? I tried alt-strumming (up and down), but that seems to be too fast, and strumming one way is too slow.[/quote]

well... you have to alt strum at the right pace, not just as fast as possible. Just practice, you'll get better.

[quote name='guyver2077']starting playing this again..im rusty as shit..

what the easiest song to get the 200k score?[/QUOTE]

I thought Freebird on Medium was.

[quote name='guyver2077']starting playing this again..im rusty as shit..

what the easiest song to get the 200k score?[/QUOTE]

I think I got it on Monkey Wrench, either expert or hard.

[quote name='asianxcore']So is GH2 going to continue to get DLC after GH3 is out?

I like playing the MCR songs on GH2, just hoping for more song downloads that aren't songs from GH1.[/QUOTE]
GH2 being forgotten once GH3 is out will likely put MS abandoning the XBox once the 360 was out to shame.

[quote name='KaneRobot']GH2 being forgotten once GH3 is out will likely put MS abandoning the XBox once the 360 was out to shame.[/QUOTE]

Bummer, but expected.

It's just sort of annoying with all the hoopla around DLC for GH2, we got some GH1 songs and MCR. That's it.

Here's hoping there will be an influx of DLC in GH3 before another sequel comes out.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Woohoo, FINALLY 5-starred Psychobilly Freakout on Expert! Now all I need to do is perfect Misirlou. Any tips?[/quote]
Hit the right notes and don't miss any. ;)

I think what's best is to get the strumming rhythm down. Usually, you have a tendency to go slightly too fast or slightly too slow and that can screw up your combo. Actually, one thing that helped me was sitting down. It's much easier to get that incredibly fast rhythm going if I'm not standing. It's the only song I do better at while sitting, and it's how I 5-starred it. But, once you get the right speed going, your fret hand will slowly start to work in tandem and you'll really start to nail the changes as well as the rapid single-colored notes. Hope it helps (not like you need the boost on the leaderboards. :lol:)

Nothing for me in the new pack, although I wonder if this second consecutive release of new content means they are done with porting the old GH1 songs over.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']It's hard to top MCR in the crap category, but it's nice to see GH at least succeeded at something.[/QUOTE]

:rofl: Seriously, these songs blow.

a couple of these songs my be at least a little challenging though, which is good compared to the MCR songs.

The Trivium song sounds pretty good to me and it could be fun to play. I'll probably buy it because I don't mind the screaming stuff and hopefully these are more challenging songs.

I think the decisions they're making on downloadable content are very odd, to say the least. I'd love to know what the thought process was to decide on these releases. Aside from the completely arbitrary bundlefucking of GH1 songs, they release two niche-y packs which will only appeal to a few people. I can understand the MCR pack I guess, since they're pretty popular, but they picked the crappiest songs for a guitar game from a band that has overall some pretty solid guitar stuff. This metalcore pack is just baffling, though. This won't appeal to most people and they would have been better served putting out something with wider appeal. Maybe they are saving the good songs for retail games, but its not like there are a shortage of great songs that can be used.

I'm sorry, but these bands just suck. If people say they are fun to play, I may DL them, but for now, they're just growling and screaming, no singing, and the guitar is decent, but nothing great. Give me some damned Stratovarius, Iced Earth, and for God's sake some Satch (Surfing With the Alien would be fun, among infinite others)

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm sorry, but these bands just suck. If people say they are fun to play, I may DL them, but for now, they're just growling and screaming, no singing, and the guitar is decent, but nothing great. Give me some damned Stratovarius, Iced Earth, and for God's sake some Satch (Surfing With the Alien would be fun, among infinite others)[/quote]
Dude, Speed of light. :cool:
Melancholy for Iced Earth...:bouncy:

[quote name='Zmonkay']I'm sorry, but these bands just suck. If people say they are fun to play, I may DL them, but for now, they're just growling and screaming, no singing, and the guitar is decent, but nothing great. Give me some damned Stratovarius, Iced Earth, and for God's sake some Satch (Surfing With the Alien would be fun, among infinite others)[/quote]

satch... now that's a good song, too...

i think a community vote on the gh forums from a list of songs would be best, at this point, given the fact that they obviously don't (seem to) wanna shell out for some classics...

not to start another thread in a thread, but some G3 guitarists would be nice... good to see cliffs of dover, for instance in gh3. but if i were to pick 3 guitar songs, not obvious to the mainstream, "surfing with the alien"'s a nice place to start, followed by steve vai's "for the love of god" (DAMN, I LOVE THIS SONG!!), and top it off w/... hell, i don't know. s'more buckethead. how 'bout "bucketheadland", or in the vein of "jordan", how 'bout "king james" (the man loves basketball, apparently)?

totally off topic, but it was good to mention

[quote name='delirium266'] Aside from the completely arbitrary bundlefucking of GH1 songs, they release two niche-y packs which will only appeal to a few people.[/QUOTE]

Trivium and Atreyu are reasonably big bands playing a very mainstream style of music. They're fan base is mostly made-up of overprivelaged teenagers who probably know about or play Guitar Hero 2 and are very dedicated to the band.

[quote name='evanft']Trivium and Atreyu are reasonably big bands playing a very mainstream style of music. They're fan base is mostly made-up of overprivelaged teenagers who probably know about or play Guitar Hero 2 and are very dedicated to the band.[/QUOTE]

Which is probably why I've never heard of them.

still think these are a bit overpriced considering full albums are going to be on Rock Band and probably won't be using the same scale for three songs. I like how they support the game after the purchase, but these need to drop to get my points, just my opinion.

[quote name='CocheseUGA']Which is probably why I've never heard of them.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Unfortunately, Trivium has somewhat infected the metal community, because, ya know, DEY R HEEVY!!!!

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I'm with the "these songs suck" crowd. I would much rather they kept release GH songs since I've never played them.[/QUOTE]

I'm still wondering why they haven't done a quick port of GHI or 80's to cash in. Only owning a 360 I've never played them, but am considering picking up the PS3 version of GHIII just to have that option.

[quote name='Corvin']I'm still wondering why they haven't done a quick port of GHI or 80's to cash in. Only owning a 360 I've never played them, but am considering picking up the PS3 version of GHIII just to have that option.[/QUOTE]

That really puzzles me, too. I mean, couldn't they just release a version of GH2 with all the GH1+80s songs?

But I imagine they make more money this way, though. :bomb:

Let me just say Bury the Hatchet and Detonation are among the best GH note charts I've played (speaking for Expert, at least). They're quite hard, but very highly recommended if you think you're pretty good at the game.

[quote name='delirium266']Let me just say Bury the Hatchet and Detonation are among the best GH note charts I've played (speaking for Expert, at least). They're quite hard, but very highly recommended if you think you're pretty good at the game.[/QUOTE]

I second that, my fingers were hurting after those two. Atreyu was absurdly easy, yet sweet nonetheless.

bread's done
Back