Guitar Hero II - General Disscusion - Indie Pack #2 - 3 Songs Up Now

everytime i'm done with a song and i look at my computer or any other objects my vision gets all tripy....i've only been playing for 20 mintues

What's funny is I don't think I've ever gotten that at all (heard of it plenty of times), even after hours of playing. I bet it's because I play in the dark.

I remember when I first started playing guitar hero every song I listened to had colored buttons flying at me and I was tripping out at work. I'm glad I am not the only one who has been seeing things.

Is it safe?

C98730A91FF162.jpg

try not focusing really hard on the tv or moving back from the screen. i dont really think it could harm you if it goes away with a couple of minutes. try drinking some water when you play games.

Yeah I definitely freaked out the first time that happened to me.. I find it happens in certain songs that have really difficult repetitive licks that I have to focus real hard on.. I almost zone out and just stare at the screen, which makes the world go crazy when I look away from the TV.

it's the same thing that happens when you stare into a moving pinwheel for a minute.

It's not like your meow tripping out or anything.

[quote name='mr ryles']just stare at a white wall after your done with a song if you want to feel trippy[/QUOTE]

hehehe, that effect has been around since Frequency and Amplitude. Anything you look at seems to expand and get bigger as you stare at it after playing.

Well, I cracked and downloaded those ridiculous metalcore songs, and I gotta say, they are so damn fun to play. Bury the Hatchet and Detonation are two of the best songs on Expert.

Hey SammyFez, it took me long enough, but I finally passed you on the leaderboard again ;)

Those new songs inspired me to take you down.

New individual songs up for download at 200MS points each. I guess the good thing is that if you don't want all three songs, you can pick one. The bad thing is if you want all three, you're going to have to pony up an additional 100 points.

Sin Documentos by Los Rodriguez
Sept by Pleymo
Exile by Soilwork

I watched all three videos and some youtube stuff, and am probably going to pass on all three of these for various reasons.

[quote name='Shagrath']New individual songs up for download at 200MS points each.[/QUOTE]

I would just shake my head in disgust, but my neck is still sore from all the previous downloadable content.

Another pack of no name bands but now they're jacking UP the price. These would be bonus songs at best in a retail guitar hero game. I enjoyed the last pack because the songs were fun to play, but at these prices we shouldn't be getting bonus songs.

200 EACH?! thank God GHIII is coming out, new songs proportionally priced. I'm very fearful of the price for Rock Band DL content.

I bought Sin Documentos, which is pretty fun. It's got a lot of those fast note/chord pattens, like in the verses for Crazy on You or FTK, and all the riffs are just fun to play. The other two didn't really seem too great, at least not $2.50 worth.

[quote name='asianxcore']I might have to download that Soilwork track.[/QUOTE]

It sucks ass. It looks really easy and there's a bug which makes it un-FCable.

I'm just wondering, Have people Hacked the Leaderboards, or have people modded to put in new songs that give more points. I'm asking for two reasons.

The top carreer scores seem absolutly impossible based on my score, and I've five starred most of hard and expert.

Also, I got 100% on heart shaped box today with star power in good spots. I checked the leaderboard and I'm like 2000. The top score was more than 200k better than mine. On a song where I got 300k and 100% there should not be scores that much better.

Also, if there is a mod and people know how to do it, I would be interested. Though I don't think we are aloud to say anymore on these forums.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']I'm just wondering, Have people Hacked the Leaderboards, or have people modded to put in new songs that give more points. I'm asking for two reasons.

The top carreer scores seem absolutly impossible based on my score, and I've five starred most of hard and expert.

Also, I got 100% on heart shaped box today with star power in good spots. I checked the leaderboard and I'm like 2000. The top score was more than 200k better than mine. On a song where I got 300k and 100% there should not be scores that much better.

Also, if there is a mod and people know how to do it, I would be interested. Though I don't think we are aloud to say anymore on these forums.[/quote]The impossibly high scores you see on the leaderboards are just that; impossible. You have to figure, for most of the songs, there's not going to be just one person on Live who can get 100% and use a good star power path, so the legitimate high scores will usually be fairly close to each other. When you see people with 100k higher than most, then people with 100k higher than them and so on...that's where the hacks/glitches come in.

A good way to tell is by looking at where people like Priest MLH and HellAshes stand, people who are known and trusted on ScoreHero and the like. Their scores are some of the best on every song, and they're legit, so I use their scores as kind of a benchmark for the real ones.

I'm not sure on the specifics, but I do know there's a glitch that will allow you to complete and get 5 stars on any song that you want. I went hunting for it and found some instructions online pretty easily, all you'd have to do is search around. Needless to say I never tried it myself, but it apparently does work, though I can't see how it could give you more points than are actually in the song.

So lame that people will glitch to get the achievements. I finally beat hard yesterday, and I'm proud to say I did it without glitching. Now I just need to practice a bit more and 5 star the setlist.

[quote name='modium']The impossibly high scores you see on the leaderboards are just that; impossible. You have to figure, for most of the songs, there's not going to be just one person on Live who can get 100% and use a good star power path, so the legitimate high scores will usually be fairly close to each other. When you see people with 100k higher than most, then people with 100k higher than them and so on...that's where the hacks/glitches come in.

A good way to tell is by looking at where people like Priest MLH and HellAshes stand, people who are known and trusted on ScoreHero and the like. Their scores are some of the best on every song, and they're legit, so I use their scores as kind of a benchmark for the real ones.

I'm not sure on the specifics, but I do know there's a glitch that will allow you to complete and get 5 stars on any song that you want. I went hunting for it and found some instructions online pretty easily, all you'd have to do is search around. Needless to say I never tried it myself, but it apparently does work, though I can't see how it could give you more points than are actually in the song.[/quote]

Thats exactly what I don't get. Even with cheating/glitch nobody should be able to get 500k on heart shaped box because their aren't that many points in the song.

[quote name='Logg']I doubt there will be any more.

Guitar Hero 3 is out now.[/quote]

But there is still more than 50% of the songs from GHI to be enjoyed!:cry:

M$ is missing out on a lot of bread if they don't release any more songs on the Marketplace...

Edit: Still 12 more licensed songs, anyways.

[quote name='shieryda']bump for new song pack (Indie music).[/QUOTE]

nm, found it on wikipedia

# "The State of Massachusetts" – Dropkick Murphys
# "You Should Be Ashamed of Myself" – The Bled
# "Memories of the Grove" – Maylene and The Sons of Disaster

[quote name='RAMSTORIA']nm, found it on wikipedia

# "The State of Massachusetts" – Dropkick Murphys
# "You Should Be Ashamed of Myself" – The Bled
# "Memories of the Grove" – Maylene and The Sons of Disaster[/quote]

Yeah, not sure if these are worth my points. I'll take a listen first, if I can find them as mp3s.

Really big DKM fan here so I'm glad to see them on here, but why is this GHII and why once again can we not purchase individual tracks? Looks like a pass for me too...

[quote name='GLOCKGLOCK']Really big DKM fan here so I'm glad to see them on here, but why is this GHII [/QUOTE]

Because more people have it (especially with it being used as an incentive for buying a 360, among other sales), so it stands to reason there are more potential buyers.

Passing on this one. I wish they'd just release the rest of the GH1 songs. I haven't even bought any due to the pricing, but I'd at least like to have the option so I can have all three games on one system.

[quote name='soccerstud652']I just picked this up and have the 95055 model. Are there still problems with these or has that all been fixed?[/QUOTE]

Although it's been a month, I second this question. I've heard the patch red rings some systems and I'm wondering if they fixed that as well.

bread's done
Back