Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='deathweasel']What's all this talk of GH II not being available right now? I got it with no trouble...[/quote]

It's sold out just about everywhere in Allentown, PA. I went into BB today and they had 3 left so I picked 2 up (1 for my brother).... They had 1 left at about 2:30 today....

Its not that i dont want to play gh2 its just that i dont have the money to drop on two $90 plus games, hence me waiting for the newer one

Maybe I missed it, but where did it mention that GHIII was coming with the wireless guitar? All I gathered from the OP is that wireless guitars were coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if RO sells GHIII with wired guitar for $90 then offers a wireless one on the side for an extra $70.

No doubt they will sell a guitar-less version for $60 MSRP just like they did for GH2 on the PS2. They know we already have guitars and they won't shove others down our throat unless we want to buy a combo. Bottom line, if you are happy with wired guitars (really -- does it matter THAT much) then no sense in waiting for GH3. Happy gaming!

[quote name='terribledeli']Maybe I missed it, but where did it mention that GHIII was coming with the wireless guitar? All I gathered from the OP is that wireless guitars were coming.

I wouldn't be surprised if RO sells GHIII with wired guitar for $90 then offers a wireless one on the side for an extra $70.[/quote]

exactly, people forget that GHII on the PS2 also launched with a wireless controller.

So is there another GH coming out besides III? - Wasn't there a GH: 80's Edition coming out or was that just a rumor?

Anyway, with the wireless and online play for GHIII, I'm glad now that I had a defective guitar controller. I just made sure the store was out of stock, then returned it for a refund instead of having to get a replacement.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Ok, then...why didn't you just update this thread instead of starting a new one?[/quote]

Because I didn't feel like it and wanted to start a new thread.

[quote name='Scorch']Because I didn't feel like it and wanted to start a new thread.[/quote]

...then your post here was meaningless.

[quote name='Scorch']Because I didn't feel like it and wanted to start a new thread.[/QUOTE]

Bump it an old thread over your new thread so you can plug said thread? Are you Kutaragi?

New Info on the game:

UK, May 23, 2007 - Activision has rocked our world by officially announcing that Guitar Hero III will feature wireless guitars, an online multiplayer mode and original artists recordings when the game is released this Autumn.

Guitar Hero III will be available on PlayStation 2, PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii and will feature an abundance of new modes, including a multiplayer action-inspired battle mode, boss battles, unlockable content and authentic rock venues.

More importantly, wannabe rock gods can get their fingers in a twist with the all-new wireless guitar controllers, with the Wii, Xbox 360 and PS3 getting the Gibson Les Paul and PS2 the proud recipient of a Gibson Kramer. What's more, the guitars will have removable faceplates that allow fans to personalise their guitars, plus they'll include a new button colour design for "an even greater authentic feel and rock experience".

In addition Guitar Hero III will include an expanded online multiplayer in which axe-shredders worldwide can compete in head-to-head battles to prove they're the ultimate rock legend. As for the tracks you'll be rocking along to, Activision has revealed that GHIII features more master recordings than ever before, with the first tracks announced as follows:

Paint It Black - The Rolling Stones

Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins

Sabotage - Beastie Boys

The Metal - Tenacious D

My Name is Jonas - Weezer

Knights of Cydonia - Muse

Rock And Roll All Nite - Kiss

School's Out - Alice Cooper

Slow Ride - Fog Hat

Cult of Personality - Living Colour

Barracuda - Heart

Dusty Welch, head of publishing at RedOctane, said: "The development team at Neversoft has been exceptional and we've been able to incorporate a host of fresh new online and multiplayer game play modes, along with exciting content into this version of Guitar Hero that our fans have been asking for. Also, many of the top bands and songs we've tried to get in the past are now on board."
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/791/791040p1.html

"Boss Battles" we don't need, but whatever. Looks like about half of those ones listed above are original recordings, so that's a good sign for the future.

Holy Shit. That track listing is fucking awesome.

I mean, it has the D.

I am worried though....

plus they'll include a new button colour design for "an even greater authentic feel and rock experience".

DO NOT WANT. LEAVE THE DAMN BUTTONS THE SAME.

"The Metal - Tenacious D"

Dammit, now I have no choice but to pick it up. Guess I should get GH2 as warmup.

Funny thing is, I was listening to that song when the movie, and GHII, first came out and instantly thought it should have been a GH song.

guitar-hero-iii-20070530022511639-000.jpg

guitar-hero-iii-20070530022517639-000.jpg

guitar-hero-iii-overview.jpg

Although the notes scroll down the screen in the same fashion as other Guitar Hero games, a few changes have been made to the rest of the display. The score multiplier box behaves the same, although it looks a bit different. The same goes for the star power meter which now consists of lights instead of a regular power meter. One big addition is the new inclusion of a string counter. If you hit enough notes in a row, a counter will pop up to tell you exactly how many notes you've nailed without a mistake. No longer will you have to wonder how close you are to stringing together 1000 notes. The screen will have all of the info you need.

HELL YES!!!!!
The co-op mode from Guitar Hero II has been reworked into its own career mode. That means you and a friend will be able to work together to move through a two player career, unlocking songs as you go. It won't be the same as the single player career though. Instead, it will have its own song list, pulled from the master list to only include the songs best suited for two players. The co-op set list isn't finalized yet, but it may end up having a few surprises that you don't find in the single player career.

The new Les Paul inspired controller will be the first 3rd party Xbox 360 wireless controller. Microsoft finally budged and allowed RedOctane to license their technology. While we only got our hands on the nonfunctional 360 prototype version, we were told the PS3 controller would be similar in design and features.

guitar-hero-iii-les-paul-guitar.jpg

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/792/792801p1.html

Looks like all the complaints I had for GHII are being taken care of. Can't wait.

[quote name='Johnny Postman']So is there another GH coming out besides III? - Wasn't there a GH: 80's Edition coming out or was that just a rumor?[/quote]

GH 80's Edition is being released on the PS2 in june. :)

Looks awesome. I'll probably get this one and use my GH2 guitar. As long as they keep putting new songs out and preferably new genres sometime soon, I'll still be interested.

[quote name='grandmoph']I think I like the old look better, but I am so looking foward to playing My Name is Jonas.

Love that Weezer Blue album material.[/QUOTE]
x327

[quote name='LinkinPrime']2 More Tracks announced:
Lay Down by Priestess and Evenflow by Pearl Jam[/quote]

NO fuckING WAY. I was on my way home today and I was listening to Even Flow and thinking man this fucking song in GH would be SICK. Unreal.

How much do you think the game will cost? I really want a second guitar now but I kinda want the wireless that this will come with. The price will make me decide.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']How much do you think the game will cost? I really want a second guitar now but I kinda want the wireless that this will come with. The price will make me decide.[/QUOTE]

I would at least guest $90-100. You figure they usually charge about $10 more for a wireless guitar so it probably will run 100. I'm hoping they just keep it at $90 though (for next gen) or less of course

XBLM Exclusive Preview courtesy of IGN Insiders:

June 26, 2007 - We've brought you hands-on impressions of Guitar Hero 3 and details about the new Battle Mode. Now IGN brings you a look behind the scenes at Activision to show you the new wireless guitar, motion capture methods, and a detailed look at the differences between Guitar III and its predecessors. Our first feature can be found on Xbox Live Marketplace right now.

You don't need to be a subscriber to watch it, just jump on Xbox Live and go to the Marketplace Blade. Look under "Game Videos" and then "Gaming Community Videos" to find the IGN Insider section.

guitar-hero-iii-exclusive-20070626103632298.jpg

For even more Guitar Hero III coverage check out the IGN Insider feature by clicking right here. Follow Xbox 360 Editor Erik Brudvig into the Neversoft offices where he checked out the new guitar, new game, and of course Battle Mode.

guitar-hero-iii-exclusive-20070625033645880.jpg
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/799/799503p1.html

[quote name='MastaGamer']I would at least guest $90-100. You figure they usually charge about $10 more for a wireless guitar so it probably will run 100. I'm hoping they just keep it at $90 though (for next gen) or less of course[/quote]

I would say $99.99 for game and wireless guitar. But how much do you think they will charge just for the game? $50 I hope. (for all of us who own a guitar hero II controller)

Not interested in the wireless guitar, so I'll just buy the game. I'll probably get this over Rock Band, although I imagine I'll buy both eventually.

"Even Flow" seals the deal on this for me since Pearl Jam is the greatest band in the history of the world and it's a master track.

bread's done
Back