Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='seanr1221']It's 100.00 or 60.00 for just the game.[/QUOTE]
Ugh! I thought GHII was $90? Come on, you don't need to raise the price just for a wirelss guitar!

[quote name='PyroGamer']Ugh! I thought GHII was $90? Come on, you don't need to raise the price just for a wirelss guitar![/QUOTE]

Wireless controllers are $10 more than wired ones.

That's the logic for the $10 increase, and it's not surprising at all.

[quote name='SithFran']Hmm, 8, maybe 9, songs on this one that I wanna play. Not good so far.[/QUOTE]

My thought exactly. The up side is a lot are originals.

I skipped GH2, but the track listing on 3 is making me very happy. Cult of Personality is one of my all time favorite songs, now if I can just get some Lacuna Coil and some interesting 80s tracks, then I'll be picking this up for sure.

ill be getting the game only, i can pass on the wireless guitar i have a usb extension cable on my guitar now so it reaches plenty far.

[quote name='porieux']Number of the Beast is also a master track I believe. Which is a great thing![/quote]

It is...check the OP...I have the current track list on there and which ones are masters.

[quote name='porieux']There are still others that people are going to be very happy to see ;)[/quote]

Well that's a given...but I'm sure you mean that you know of some songs that haven't been officially announced yet...spill damn it!

[quote name='RawisJericho']Nice :)

Looks like some song called "One" will be in the game as a master track.[/QUOTE]

Very cool. Now they need to avoid anymore overlap - I don't need that much Mississippi Queen, you know.

This game is shaping up to be by far the best Guitar Hero (unlike the severe dissapointment that was Guitar Hero II/Guitar Hero II 360).

[quote name='PyroGamer']This game is shaping up to be by far the best Guitar Hero (unlike the severe dissapointment that was Guitar Hero II/Guitar Hero II 360).[/QUOTE]

Maybe for someone who is still in their teens .

I think GH2 had a great setlist .

Thank god the Metallica song is from ...And Justice For All , if it was from the black album or newer I wouldn't be nearly as excited .

This Guitar Hero is looking to have the greatest tracklist yet, and today's song announcements have pushed me to pick this up on day one. Being my first GH game I'll have ever played.

[quote name='zewone']This Guitar Hero is looking to have the greatest tracklist yet, and today's song announcements have pushed me to pick this up on day one. Being my first GH game I'll have ever played.[/QUOTE]

You seem to play the hell out of all of your games [according to your Gamercard] .

You're gonna love this game so much you'll probably end up buying GH 2 .

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Well that's a given...but I'm sure you mean that you know of some songs that haven't been officially announced yet...spill damn it![/QUOTE]

It was One that was the main thing I was referring to actually :cool: But I couldn't be the 'one' to spill it.
Though I wish they could have gone with their first choice :( (it wasn't something newer, I will tell you that much!)

[quote name='porieux']It was One that was the main thing I was referring to actually :cool: But I couldn't be the 'one' to spill it.
Though I wish they could have gone with their first choice :( (it wasn't something newer, I will tell you that much!)[/QUOTE]

Fade To Black ?

[quote name='porieux']It was One that was the main thing I was referring to actually :cool: But I couldn't be the 'one' to spill it.
Though I wish they could have gone with their first choice :( (it wasn't something newer, I will tell you that much!)[/QUOTE]

If it was "Motorbreath" or "Four Horsemen" then I'm gonna hunt down and slap the shit out of whoever nixed that idea. :lol:

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']I'm thinking maybe Master of Puppets.
But I'm glad they went for One, that solo is gunna be SWEET![/QUOTE]

Very much agreed. I would have rather of had Master of Puppets, but One is nearly as good. Totally can't wait for this!

I wasn't going to buy Guitar Hero III, but now that "Raining Blood" by Slayer is on games track list, it's become a must buy.

Oh, wow. I was already super-excited for this game. Now that Metallica is on there (with my favorite track, no less), I simply cannot wait another day to get this game!:bouncy:

So far, 20/27 songs are getting 2 thumbs up from me.

Holy crap the person playing that is good.

It looked to me like the viking avatar was actually playing the same notes as the player (or, the song, rather). Very cool; this may have been in the previous games, but I've never noticed due to focusing on the gameplay itself).

EDIT: I dunno if there is a general GHIII thread, but now GS/EB, in addition to BB, have the prices at $100 for 360/PS3 and $90 for Wii/PS2. $60/50, Respectively, for 360/PS2 game only. The GHIII Kramer guitar (PS2) is also listed at $70.

Wow; they really want to stick it to the consumer this time around, don't they? I'm having second thoughts about this game: *SOOO* good, but *SOOO* expensive. Maybe Rock Band's pricing will make GHIII seem like a steal.

"One" is the best Metallica song they could have picked, IMO. It's mainstream enough for everyone yet it completely kicks ass before they went all grunge. Plus, it has a great riff and some kick ass solos.

[quote name='javeryh']"One" is the best Metallica song they could have picked, IMO. It's mainstream enough for everyone yet it completely kicks ass before they went all grunge. Plus, it has a great riff and some kick ass solos.[/quote]

"Unforgiven" would have been another acceptable choice.

[quote name='shieryda']"Unforgiven" would have been another acceptable choice.[/QUOTE]

Oh hellz naw!!!

That would have actually been a pretty lame choice.

[quote name='evanft']Oh hellz naw!!!

That would have actually been a pretty lame choice.[/quote]

Well, if we're talking about "mainstream" Metallica, what other song would you prefer? Please don't say "Whiskey in the Jar".

One is a really solid choice, I'll take that over Enter Sandman on Rock Band any day. Nice variety of styles within the song, and a pretty fucking ripping solo near the end.

[quote name='shieryda']Well, if we're talking about "mainstream" Metallica, what other song would you prefer? Please don't say "Whiskey in the Jar".[/QUOTE]

How about no mainstream Metallica at all?

[quote name='evanft']How about no mainstream Metallica at all?[/quote]

I agree that something from their earlier works would be better suited to a game like this. "Jump in the Fire", "Battery" or "Sanitarium" are much more to my liking for a GH game.

[quote name='velvet396']Nothing Else Matters would be mainstream - it'd be an encore song with all the lighters held up.[/quote]

Yeah, that'd be a really good encore song.
Man...this game is shaping up to be awesome.
I'll probably get it...just the game though.

"One" is a great choice... that will be a lot of fun to play. If we could throw some other Metallica song in there I'd love to see some Ride the Lightning or ...And Justice For All (the songs, not the albums). Both have some great guitar parts. I might be in the minority as one of the only people who would enjoy a ten minute song in Guitar Hero :)

[quote name='velvet396']Nothing Else Matters would be mainstream - it'd be an encore song with all the lighters held up.[/QUOTE]

And it sucks.

I personally don't like any Metallica of the Black Album or later.
Not even 'enter sandman'. Nope, don't like it one bit.
I was -very- into them before that though. When nobody liked them LOL.

Holy fuck holy fuck holy fuck. Just saw the Dragonforce vid. God DAMN! I new the song would be insane, but shit. that's just nuts. Can't wait!

bread's done
Back