Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

1. Metallica "black album and beyond" is fine. Christ some of you people are annoying. I agree the most recent album is shit, but the entire "era" has still produced some decent stuff. I do agree that the earlier stuff is BETTER, but at this point I don't even consider them the same band they were in the 80's.

2. Re: the Dragonforce video ....fuck you, Activision/RO.

[quote name='KaneRobot']1. Metallica "black album and beyond" is fine. Christ some of you people are annoying. I agree the most recent album is shit, but the entire "era" has still produced some decent stuff. I do agree that the earlier stuff is BETTER, but at this point I don't even consider them the same band they were in the 80's.[/QUOTE]

No actually it's total crap LOL.

[quote name='KaneRobot']1. Metallica "black album and beyond" is fine. Christ some of you people are annoying. I agree the most recent album is shit, but the entire "era" has still produced some decent stuff. I do agree that the earlier stuff is BETTER, but at this point I don't even consider them the same band they were in the 80's.[/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. It's absolute shit.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY[/MEDIA]

I started crying half way through knowing the pain my fingers would feel.

That Dragonforce song doesn't even look fun.

About Metallica - I'd include everything up to (and including) the black album as good. Everything else is shit.

They need some Watchtower, Celtic Frost, Death, and some underrated Thrash bands like Coroner, Dark Angel, and Destruction. Can we have atleast one real death metal song? Also, do people actually like Dragonforce?

[quote name='CrimGhost']Also, do people actually like Dragonforce?[/quote]
Probably because of their speed, I personally don't like them other than they can shred pretty damn fast. On the other hand, they improv their solos and sound sloppy live, they're basically a studio band IMO.

I appreciate the guitarwork Buckethead does compared to Li & Totman, Buckethead is fucking flawless and has some damn good riffs.

The only downside is that I'm asian and I have hair that goes to my waist, so everybody calls me Hermanforce.

[quote name='menikmati']
I appreciate the guitarwork Buckethead does compared to Li & Totman, Buckethead is fucking flawless and has some damn good riffs.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, Buckethead is awesome he's a technical genius.

This will be packaged with a wireless guitar, correct? And if it does, will it work with GH2?

Also, can we expect the price of GH2 to drop after this is released?

[quote name='gamcreator']This will be packaged with a wireless guitar, correct? And if it does, will it work with GH2?

Also, can we expect the price of GH2 to drop after this is released?[/QUOTE]

The price of GH1 is still $40 for the software alone. I don't foresee a huge drop in price (they probably want you to buy GH3 bundled, rather than a cheap GH2 set and then GH3 game only).

I'm still trying to wrangle with $100 for this game for PS3/360. Rock Band is $200 up front, but I believe it will only have 40 songs total.

Well, I'd expect to see GH1 game only drop in price before 2, and that hasn't happened yet...best get for a cheap GH2 game only is to hit up eBay once 3 comes out. Plenty of people will be bored w/ the game, but want to keep the guitar. In store and new GHII may not drop for a while yet.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']Does anyone know if Rock Band comes with a wireless guitar?
or is it yet to be confirmed?[/QUOTE]

So far, the preorders are saying WIRED controllers (both at EB/GS and Amazon). Whether this is a typo, an "until further information changes" or what, I don't know. I haven't seen any official word one way or the other.

On a side note: They said the GH2 (and I assume 3) controllers will work with RB, but that obviously you would have to stay up top for solos, not go to the new lower frets, and also no effect switch. Is there confirmation, however, of the other way around? Will I be able to use my RB guitar as a second for GH2/3?

Supposed box art on Amazon:

51fNe0%2Bcd%2BL._SS500_.jpg

That's pretty bad-fuckin-ass.

Cover art is pretty cool.

Has anyone heard anything yet about an effects pedal peripheral? They made such a big deal about that new port on the GHII 360 controller (it even mentions a pedal in the instructions with the guitar) and now GHIII is here and no pedal. Did Neversoft decide not to go that direction?

I'm loving the track list. I'm still kind of hoping for a Satriani track. Maybe Gojira or Mastodon. Or some Los Straitjackets to mix it up a little. Testament would be great too.

I guess you could list a million bands with a game like this. It's the new Madden.

Guitar Hero XIII- now with cone vision!

[quote name='jrt1138']Cover art is pretty cool.

Has anyone heard anything yet about an effects pedal peripheral? They made such a big deal about that new port on the GHII 360 controller (it even mentions a pedal in the instructions with the guitar) and now GHIII is here and no pedal. Did Neversoft decide not to go that direction?

I'm loving the track list. I'm still kind of hoping for a Satriani track. Maybe Gojira or Mastodon. Or some Los Straitjackets to mix it up a little. Testament would be great too.

I guess you could list a million bands with a game like this. It's the new Madden.

Guitar Hero XIII- now with cone vision![/QUOTE]

I'd be content with a new guitar hero every year.

I would as well. All that really needs to change is the song list. Just keep it good and maybe make it a few songs bigger every year and I'm fine.

The cover is cool .
I guess Slash is pretty much it for boss battles , I was hoping they were holding out on revealing more .

I was wishing for Angus Young as a boss .

I guess he's not in , or anyone else judging by the cover .

[quote name='mr ryles']
I started crying half way through knowing the pain my fingers would feel.[/QUOTE]

That. Is. Insane. I'm struggling with medium in GHII, I'm doubtful I could last five seconds before that song utterly destroys me.

And I suppose I'm the *ONLY* person in the entire world that liked St. Anger, aren't I?

[quote name='-Never4ever-']That. Is. Insane. I'm struggling with medium in GHII, I'm doubtful I could last five seconds before that song utterly destroys me.

And I suppose I'm the *ONLY* person in the entire world that liked St. Anger, aren't I?[/QUOTE]

yes

Gah. I'm also struggling with the bundle--wireless is pretty durn important to me, though, so I'll probably cave for that...

Edit: at least, not knowing if the 360 version of the Rock Band bundle is wired or wireless.

Ok, so I really want to play this when it comes out. I've never played any rhythm games save for Taiko Drum masters. But how old is too old to play this game? I mean, I'm a grown man (mid-twenties) I assume most people that play this are in their teens. I'm not self-conscious, but I would like to know how many of you cags are in my age group and play this thing? Just so I won't feel silly wailing away on the plastic guitar.

Also, those of you that play an actual/real life guitar, does this give you an edge? will my 12 years of guit-box experience allow me to get into this game quickly, or is there a learning curve for us as well?

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Ok, so I really want to play this when it comes out. I've never played any rhythm games save for Taiko Drum masters. But how old is too old to play this game? I mean, I'm a grown man (mid-twenties) I assume most people that play this are in their teens. I'm not self-conscious, but I would like to know how many of you cags are in my age group and play this thing? Just so I won't feel silly wailing away on the plastic guitar.[/QUOTE]

I'm 32 and play GH. You're okay.

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Nice!

Will the GH3 guitar be compatible with GH2?[/quote]

The GHII will be with GHIII so I don't see why not...it should act just like a wireless controller.

[quote name='Richlough']I'm older than him .:D[/quote]

Me too. I'm 34 and my buddy is 41. He owns all the PSOne games now. We played it til 2AM on his last birthday after many beers and a BBQ. Good times.

I bought the X360 version myself.

[quote name='lordwow']Maybe it's just my bizarre taste in music, but I'm not a huge fan of the song list thus far.[/QUOTE]

Paint it black, 3's and 7s by QOTSA, and the beastie boys have me more excited than any songs on the past 2 games.

[quote name='mr ryles']Paint it black, 3's and 7s by QOTSA, and the beastie boys have me more excited than any songs on the past 2 games.[/QUOTE]

I'll have to take a listen to 3s and 7s and Paint It Black.

[quote name='lordwow']I'll have to take a listen to 3s and 7s and Paint It Black.[/QUOTE]

done.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lwtAr88QC8[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJjtaTzO3DA[/media]

[quote name='lordwow']I'll have to take a listen to 3s and 7s and Paint It Black.[/QUOTE]

Take listen to Paint It Black ? Where you born in a cave under a rock ? ;)

[quote name='Richlough']Take listen to Paint It Black ? Where you born in a cave under a rock ? ;)[/QUOTE]

true that, when searching for the original I came across so many punk rock variations of it. Which are fairly good in there own, I actually wouldn't mind playing a punk rock version of it in guitar hero.

[quote name='mr ryles']true that, when searching for the original I came across so many punk rock variations of it. Which are fairly good in there own, I actually wouldn't mind playing a punk rock version of it in guitar hero.[/QUOTE]

At the risk of encountering more accusations of name dropping, I was listening to Earth Crisis the other week (only relevant b/c they do a so-so cover of "Paint it Black"). One of their most popular songs was "Firestorm," and I think it'd be a great addition to the Guitar Hero series. I tried to find a decent clip of the song, but only found live clips, which were of varying (poor) quality.

[quote name='mr ryles']I think I am just going to settle for the game only and continue using my xplorer[/QUOTE]

Same here, especially after they bumped up the price.

bread's done
Back