Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

I know I'm going to take a lot of flak for this, but...most of those songs don't look so great. The only ones I really like are "Rock You Like a Hurricane," "Cities on Flame," and "Welcome to the Jungle."

The rest I either know I don't like or haven't heard of before.

I mean, I said that about Guitar Hero II, and I was pleasantly surprised about some of the songs. But I looked at that song list and saw three times as many good songs as I see on this list.

Anyone else feel the same?

[quote name='hhhdx4']$100?

LMAO no[/quote]

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']fucking sweet! And the game is $100 now? What a load of BS.[/QUOTE]

$100 with guitar which makes it $10 more than GH2. The $10 increase is because of the wireless guitar. (Just like a wireless controller is $10 more than a wired one)

I don't see what the problem is.

[quote name='buttasuperb']$100 with guitar which makes it $10 more than GH2. The $10 increase is because of the wireless guitar. (Just like a wireless controller is $10 more than a wired one)

I don't see what the problem is.[/QUOTE]

I know it makes sense, but it still sucks. Especially since GHII shouldn't have been $90 with that shitty guitar.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']I know it makes sense, but it still sucks. Especially since GHII shouldn't have been $90 with that shitty guitar.[/QUOTE]

I agree, but the precedent was set. So it shouldn't come as a surprise to anyone.

Hopefully this guitar is way better, making the $100 pricetag not so bad.

[quote name='zewone']Wait? The GH2 guitar sucks?

Damnit, I don't want the wireless one because it's ugly as hell.

Such a dilemma.[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing the GH3 guitar will be far better than the GH2 guitar. No way to confirm that until it's released though.

I also think the Les Paul looks way better than the Xplorer. Especially now that it's black.

[quote name='buttasuperb']I'm guessing the GH3 guitar will be far better than the GH2 guitar. No way to confirm that until it's released though.

I also think the Les Paul looks way better than the Xplorer. Especially now that it's black.[/QUOTE]

The guys at ScoreHero say the Les Paul guitar is fantastic.

Oh, and choosing one over the other for aesthetic reasons is fucking retarded.

EDIT: New Song: The Stone Roses- She Bangs the Drums

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pn_hMvEfViY[/media]

Nice, very different choice.

[quote name='evanft']oosing one over the other for aesthetic reasons is fucking retarded.[/QUOTE]
I don't see how it is if they perform the same.

[quote name='zewone']I don't see how it is if they perform the same.[/QUOTE]

They don't.

[quote name='Echelar']The Guitar is pretty much handed down from heaven. The strum bar felt great (better than previous iterations I dare say), the whammy was perfect (bye-bye, explorer), and the select button was back! All that, and wireless that was pretty much perfect, even from 50+ feet away.[/quote]

[quote name='elx']The new controller was hands down the best controller I have ever used. Any problems you may have had with the Xplorer are taken care of, and even after only playing for about 5 hours, I find myself wanting to switch back to the new controller as I play on my SG. The feel of the buttons and strum bar is wonderful, the whammy activates properly, and we have gotten our beloved select button back.[/quote]

[quote name='Sluggo']It'll probably be repeated countlessly in this thread: the new Les Paul guitar is awesome in every way imaginable. It's the first third-party wireless controller that Microsoft has allowed for the 360, and the strum bar, fret buttons and whammy bar feel a billion times better than the X-Plorer. There's a lock on the back that allows the neck to be removed for easier portability, and the faceplates can be removed and swapped out as well; there's no word on how many there might be at launch, but it sounds like they'll be at least a few. The only problem with the guitar is an oversensitive Star Power mechanism; it's a known issue and one they're hard at work on fixing. In our post-testing chat, the possibility was raised that there could be a tilt-calibration tool built into the game so you can adjust the tilt to your own preference, but that's yet to be finalized.[/quote]

[quote name='wuLFe']Needless to say, the new guitar is awesome. By far the best plastic guitar ever released. The strum bar is smooth as silk, the buttons are really easy to press, AND the wireless is really well done as well - no noticeable lag or anything .[/quote]

[quote name='No1ButU']The controller is amazing- The Les Paul has about the same size and feel as the original black SG does, but without the 'I'm strumming/fretting so fast I think the guitar is going to fly apart!' It felt solid, much more solid than any controller (3rd party or otherwise) to date. The whammy mechanics were flawless, the fretting buttons were perfectly responsive, and the tilt sensor on my particular prototype (the Les Paul's we used were all prototypes, and not necessarily the finished product) worked perfectly. There was only one very minor complaint we all had about the controller, and since I genuinely feel that having had our input on this, they will work to fix it, I'm not even going to mention it. Needless to say, even with that minor issue, this would be my controller of choice if I had one in my posession right now.[/quote]

[quote name='evanft']They don't.[/QUOTE]

Well I guess it can be confirmed before it's released. I never got a chance to read through that thread, but I trust some of those people's opinions you quoted when it comes to Guitar Hero.

I guess I'll have to get rid of both of my xplorers and get an extra les paul when this is released.

# Slayer - Raining Blood (Master)

bout fucking time....

I guess this means i'm getting GH3 also. Hopefully the rockband guitar will work with it so I don't have to re-buy a "next gen" controller.

I wanna see some Clapton.

Anyway, I just pre-ordered the software-only version of this with the Madden Deal at TRU ($30 for it with Madden). I'll pick up the guitar if it's like a superb improvement over the GHII one, but I don't have the money for it right now.

Awkward, caught this on digg, seems to be a joke though:

Attorneys for the Grammy award winning heavy metal band Metallica filed a lawsuit yesterday against Harmonix and Activision (who recently acquired Red Octane) for copyright infringement. The suit accuses the three gaming companies of illegally distributing copies of Metallica songs in the upcoming and highly anticipated games Guitar Hero III and Rock Band, both due out in late 2007.

The suit alleges that both companies planned to package and distribute Metallica music through their video games in what lawyers characterized as a "licensed music to player" system, or LM2P network. Metallica is fearful that album sales could decline if their fans were able to simply walk into any Gamestop or Best Buy and purchase an $80 video game that contained one of their songs.

"The band learned its lesson the hard way with file sharing in the late 90s," counsel for Metallica told reporters in a statement released soon after the filing. "This time they want to do a pre-emptive strike before the music gets out there."

Metallica's attorneys neither confirmed nor denied reports that they had issued subpoenas to major video game retailers asking for lists of customers who had pre-ordered copies of Guitar Hero III and Rock Band. When asked to comment, Gamestop representatives asked reporters if they were looking forward to Halo 3 and if they would like to maybe pre-order a copy to make sure they got one at the release.

Attorneys for the gaming companies named in the lawsuit were bemused by the lawsuit. "Our company paid a licensing fee to feature the track 'One' by Metallica in Guitar Hero III," counsel for Activision/Red Octane told reporters. "We don't understand why Metallica would turn around and sue us, unless they've gone from insane completely batshit insane since 2001, but we're confident that the law and our contracts will be enough to have this thrown out."

Harmonix was not available for comment as of press time.

Analysts in both the music and video game industry were confused by the move, especially since Metallica had previously announced inclusion of "One" on their website. Some speculate that the various arms of the band's crumbling media empire are so out of touch that they don't know what they have and haven't licensed, while others believe this may be one last desperate grab for attention from a band that has lost all cultural significance outside of reruns of "I Love the 90s" on VH1.

Harmonix and Red Octane worked out a profitable arrangement that resulted in the surprise hit Guitar Hero, released in late 2005. Red Octane provided the distinctive controller and Harmonix provided the game. The two companies parted ways in early 2007. Red Octane, now owned by Activision, is planning to squeeze the dying Guitar Hero franchise for every penny it's worth while Harmonix has gone on to work on Rock Band, seen by many fans as the successor to Guitar Hero in spirit, if not in name.

Metallica, for anyone who wasn't in junior high or high school between 1992-2000, was a heavy metal band that gained widespread popularity and critical acclaim in the early and mid-90s. The band infamously blamed file-sharing programs, which were quickly rising in popularity at the exact same time that Metallica was quickly disappearing from the mainstream consciousness, for the decline in their records, believing that it was Napster, not their own douchebaggery, that stopped fans from buying their albums.

Daily Gaming News will keep you updated as this story develops.

mmmm reptilia by the strokes is probably the second best song i've seen performed live, number one is knights of cydonia by muse.

i'm extremely happy

Reptilia was better done when covered by lostprophets.

fuck I can't believe I just bought GHII from the TRU 50% off deal to find out on here that the xplorer sucks, at least I haven't opened it yet. Save receipts FTW.

+1 for slayer.

-3,000 for including Bret Michaels as a "legend" in the game.

[quote name='hhhdx4']When You Were Young, confirmed![/QUOTE]

No, it isn't. It was a forum post about supposed songs on the back of a pre-order box. There were no pictures or any other evidence backing up the claim, and it has since been dismissed as likely being bullshit.

But I'll just sum this up for you:

DO NOT POST INFORMATION ABOUT SONGS BEING CONFIRMED FOR THE GAME UNLESS THE INFORMATION COMES FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE. RANDOM POSTS BY JACKASSES ON THE OFFICIAL FORUM ARE NOT RELIABLE SOURCES.

[quote name='Richlough']Where's my AC/DC ?[/QUOTE]

richlough.jpg

[quote name='porieux']Bret Michaels...who the hell is that??[/QUOTE]

Oh, ho, ho. To be so blissfully ignorant. I am truly jealous of you.

Though, to take that away from you, he was the lead singer of Poison.

It was known about, but never really posted. So these needed to be added to the OP (bold=master, italics=unknown):

Bret Michaels Band-Go That Far
Poison-Talk Dirty to Me
Santana-Black Magic Woman
The Killers-When You Were Young

The Stone Roses-She Bangs the Drums

[quote name='evanft']It was known about, but never really posted. So these needed to be added to the OP (bold=master, italics=unknown):

Bret Michaels Band-Go That Far
Poison-Talk Dirty to Me
Santana-Black Magic Woman
The Killers-When You Were Young

The Stone Roses-She Bangs the Drums[/quote]
Added...thanks.

No prices yet but the Red Octane Store has this up:
elitebundle.jpg

freeshipping.gif

http://www.redoctane.com/gh3.html

[quote name='mr ryles']Nice to see the killers, give me a song by the white stripes and this soundtrack is going to be complete.[/QUOTE]

"Ball and Biscuit" FTMFW.

bread's done
Back