Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

Found this on the SH forums:

What's the difference between a married couple and Made in Mexico?
You feel bad if a married couple splits up.

[quote name='seanr1221']But then how would multiplayer work fool!?[/QUOTE]

well you see there are 2 split screens, one person plays one section then the other person plays the next.

[quote name='seanr1221']Yes yes yes, but isn't the White Stripes only a guitar/drum combo?[/QUOTE]

Yep. He just couldn't understand you.

Achievements list: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroiii/

Some of these seem pretty out there, which is great:
200k on Cult of Personality without Star Power.
Use the Whammy Bar on every held note on Number of the Beast.
Activate Star Power 3 times on Through the Fire and Flames on Expert.
Beat any song on the expert difficulty with the games sound options turned down to zero.
Win 15 consecutive Ranked songs online using a standard controller.

[quote name='modium']Achievements list: http://www.achieve360points.com/game/guitarheroiii/

Some of these seem pretty out there, which is great:
200k on Cult of Personality without Star Power.
Use the Whammy Bar on every held note on Number of the Beast.
Activate Star Power 3 times on Through the Fire and Flames on Expert.
Beat any song on the expert difficulty with the games sound options turned down to zero.
Win 15 consecutive Ranked songs online using a standard controller.
[/QUOTE]

Yes, these are pretty awesome.

Doesn't gold star mean get 100%

so unless they changed that this time around, gold starring 20 songs on expert is a tricky one.

[quote name='mr ryles']Doesn't gold star mean get 100%

so unless they changed that this time around, gold starring 20 songs on expert is a tricky one.[/QUOTE]

Yep, gold star is a perfect playthrough... which I have trouble doing on Easy never mind Expert.

anyone ever watch the actual dragon force video?

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDesqj7HOgA[/media]

God damn that guitar work is fucking insane. Want to see the really good stuff go to around the 3:30 mark, but the whole thing is money.

[quote name='evanft']Found this on the SH forums:

What's the difference between a married couple and Made in Mexico?
You feel bad if a married couple splits up.
[/QUOTE]

ROFL! So true, so very very true.

[quote name='mr ryles']anyone ever watch the actual dragon force video?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDesqj7HOgA

God damn that guitar work is fucking insane. Want to see the really good stuff go to around the 3:30 mark, but the whole thing is money.[/QUOTE]
I like Dragonforce, but in response I MUST post this:

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSNLfa1VPwo[/MEDIA]

[quote name='evanft']Pre-order box with 2 new songs

The Killers-When You Were Young
Santana-Black Magic Woman

Looks like that rumor was right, but posting about without proof is still retarded.[/quote]

lol it wasnt a rumor when I said it, but ill let it go.

If theres white stripes there must be 7 Nation Army, there are two guitars used in the track (Jack just playing two different layers) it could work.

[quote name='hhhdx4']lol it wasnt a rumor when I said it, but ill let it go.

If theres white stripes there must be 7 Nation Army, there are two guitars used in the track (Jack just playing two different layers) it could work.[/QUOTE]

Uhhhh, yeah it was. Someone on a forum said something without any proof, and it began to propagate. That's a fucking rumor. Because it came true about 4 days later doesn't absolve you from any forum jackassery.

[quote name='evanft']Uhhhh, yeah it was. Someone on a forum said something without any proof, and it began to propagate. That's a fucking rumor. Because it came true about 4 days later doesn't absolve you from any forum jackassery.[/quote]

Something seen on the cover of a pre-order box, something tangible, something that exists is not a rumor. FACT is the box said it was on there, if you want proof it will be there, there is no rumor about it.

but arguing this is pointless.

Didn't see this posted but I only looked in the previous four pages.

WHAT.. THE.. fuck! Shit's gonna be insane.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZutgOyA9EY[/media]

New songs:

• Minus Celsius (by the Backyard Babies)
• I’m in the Band (by the Hellacopters)
• Take This Life (by the In Flames)
• Hier Kommt Alex (by Die Toten Hosen)
• In the Belly of a Shark (by the Gallows)
• Avalancha (by the Heroes Del Silencio)
• Ruby (by the Kaiser Chiefs)
• Closer (by Lacuna Coil)
• Generation Rock (by Revolverhead)
• Mauvais Garcon (by Nast)
• Radio Song (by Superbus)

Yay for In FLames, boo for gay In Flames.

[quote name='hhhdx4']Something seen on the cover of a pre-order box, something tangible, something that exists is not a rumor. FACT is the box said it was on there, if you want proof it will be there, there is no rumor about it.[/QUOTE]

There was no fucking evidence. Something posted on an internet forum without any supporting evidence is, by pretty much every definition, a rumor. Deal with it.

[quote name='hhhdx4']but arguing this is pointless.[/QUOTE]

Cause I'm right and you're wrong.

New songs:

I have never heard of a single one of these bands, or songs. Are these going to be the Bonus songs that nobody has ever heard of?

[quote name='evanft']New songs:

Yay for In FLames, boo for gay In Flames.
[/quote]

What's the source on these titles...link please?

Also, who the fuck are they...I was really excited so far and then they throw in 11 bands/songs that mostly no one ever heard off :roll:

Well, I know In Flames, Kaiser Chiefs and Lacuna Coil but other than that... these must be the bonus songs no one has ever heard of, right?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's the source on these titles...link please?

Also, who the fuck are they...I was really excited so far and then they throw in 11 bands/songs that mostly no one ever heard off :roll:[/quote]They're all European bands. Considering LGC is going on, I'd say they're for the European market, but I've got no idea if they'll be in the US version as well.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']What's the source on these titles...link please?

Also, who the fuck are they...I was really excited so far and then they throw in 11 bands/songs that mostly no one ever heard off :roll:[/QUOTE]

Boom.

I kinda like the idea of these songs in the game. They generally seem different than what typically ends up in the game, and should make a nice change of pace.

Someone over at ScoreHero found the videos for all of them:

Backyard Babies (SWE) - Minus Celsius
The Hellacopters (SWE) - I'm in the Band
In Flames (SWE) - Take This Life
Die Toten Hosen (GER) - Hier Kommt Alex
Gallows (UK) - In the Belly of a Shark
Héroes del Silencio (ESP) - Avalancha
Kaiser Chiefs (UK) - Ruby
Lacuna Coil (ITA) - Closer
Revolverheld (GER) - Generation Rock
Naast (FRA) - Mauvais Garçon
Superbus (FRA) - Radio Song

I'm not gonna lie, I could see the Naast song being really fun. Revolverheld is a kinda emoish rock band, but the German make them oddly disconcerting. I kinda like it.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I like that In Flames song, I kinda wished the picked a different Coil song, but ah well.[/QUOTE]
Agreed, but Closer isn't a bad selection. I can hope that Within Me gets picked up Rock Band. Hey it can happen... I never expected LC to get on either of them, but at this point, I'm definitely leaning towards GHIII over Rock Band.

[quote name='AlohaMars2']Agreed, but Closer isn't a bad selection. I can hope that Within Me gets picked up Rock Band. Hey it can happen... I never expected LC to get on either of them, but at this point, I'm definitely leaning towards GHIII over Rock Band.[/quote]

Hopefully with downloadable songs, we can get songs off the other albums. I'm thinking Guitar Hero 3 as well.

[quote name='evanft']Ignored. Keep posting unsubstantiated rumors. I'll never see em.[/quote]

:lol:

anyway, GH3 looks to have the much better tracklist and single player game. Im sure Rockband has some sort of single player depth but theyre really focusing on the group aspect of it and that worries me.

I still need too see a complete tracklist for RB and some single player videos before I make a decision.

More songs announced today, all are master tracks

I'm really surprised that Gallows (UK Punk/Hardcore) was chosen. The fact that a Superbus (French Pop/Rock) track is on there makes this a definite Day 1 buy for me now. They are one of my favorite bands.

• Minus Celsius (by Backyard Babies)
• In the Belly of a Shark (by Gallows)
• I’m in the Band (by The Hellacopters)
• Avalancha (by Heroes Del Silencio)
• Take This Life (by In Flames)
• Ruby (by Kaiser Chiefs)
• Generation Rock (by Revolverheld)
• Mauvais Garcon (by NAAST)

Uhhhhhh.....you were beaten.....twice. Congrtulations! :p

Actually, it was really 3 times, cause I also posted a list of the songs with YouTube videos.

[quote name='evanft']Uhhhhhh.....you were beaten.....twice. Congrtulations! :p

Actually, it was really 3 times, cause I also posted a list of the songs with YouTube videos.[/QUOTE]

Oops, my bad :)

I guess now I have a reason to put down a pre-order for this game.

Excitement.

[quote name='gorgonzola238']I like that In Flames song, I kinda wished the picked a different Coil song, but ah well.[/quote] I love Closer but wish they had picked a different IF song... ;)

Still, it's In Flames, I'll take it.

Wow, 4 out of 10 songs that don't grate on my ears. Having the Kaiser Chefs in is awesome, and that NAAST song isn't half bad, but otherwise highly disappointing.

:applause: for In Flames.

:roll: for the other new shit (at least until I hear it). How the fuck are they "legends"?! So many other great bands that are still missing from this game...

bread's done
Back