Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='Corvin']Checked out the guitar at GS today. Nice. Seems a lot more sturdy than the xplorer. Couldn't try the demo with it because the 360 wasn't reading the disc. D'oh![/QUOTE]

Actually, I think the one at retail may not be the actual Les Paul, but just the X-Plorer guts put in a Les Paul body. But don't quote me on that.

Oh, and Dope-Nothing for Me Here is in the game. I missed it when I looked at the Ethaneeze screen shots, but saw it in this video of the music shop.

[quote name='evanft']

Oh, and Dope-Nothing for Me Here is in the game[/QUOTE]

God that band is terrible.

So this game for sure is going to be released this Sunday? I'll be out of town, so I'll probably put a pre-order down at a Gamecrazy closer to where I'll be.

[quote name='Wolve11']Sears came through with me today and I picked it up there. Awesome! Thanks for the tip off Mattte.[/quote]

Glad I could help out a CAG (thought you were just some random guy at first)

If you wanna play some multiplayer and possibly get some achievements ill be playing on and off the rest of the night.

So those of you who have seen the new wireless guitar, any chance that there's a port for the XBOX360 rechargeable battery pack?

[quote name='Kendal']So...where the hell am I supposed to put the download code on www.interscope.com/guitarherocode ? I will be pissed if I don't get my downloads.[/quote]

Oh shit! That came out today?

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Free Sex Pistols guitar faceplate at Best Buy with purchase of GHIII:
[/QUOTE]

Wow , did you read/post the 7 HD DVD clarification on that same Insider ?

Alot of people got fucked .

I was there today and was going to get a Add-on/Heroes raincheck for my nephew . The cashier said I would have to get it at customer service . The cunt customer service girl said "who told you to come up here for this...Just so you know , your supposed to get raincheck in the media area..."

I've never been to a store that told it's customers what to as much as Best Buy .
fuck them , sorry Speedy I have to shop at CC due to my BB being infested with nazis .

[quote name='Mattte']Glad I could help out a CAG (thought you were just some random guy at first)

If you wanna play some multiplayer and possibly get some achievements ill be playing on and off the rest of the night.[/quote]

Sorry, I should have said I was a CAG, heheh.

Been playing a lot of online tonight as well as going about half way through the medium career. I'm not good enough to make it through the hard mode just yet, but I'm easily 5 starring all medium songs.
My wife is loving the game as well, which is definitely a plus.

Can't wait to play against some of my friends online.

[quote name='evanft']Hyperspeed demo (PS2)[/quote]

Due to the new use of hammer-ons and pull-offs where there are long strands of notes like in the metal, wouldn't hyperspeed be less of an advantage? It seems like it would be hard to see the white and the black notes. Doesn't really matter to me, I never got used to hyperspeed.

i'm not sure if this is common knowledge, but if you buy it at the evil circuit city, then you get a free guitar stand. it's generic, and will work for any guitar type. i have to get mine there because of gift cards, so at least i'll get an extra.

The demo is a lot of fun, but using the controller isn't very comfortable, and I'd imagine makes it a lot harder than it would be with the guitar. Still, the demo makes me want to really pick this game up.

I'm really nto liking GHIII so far from the demo. The number one thing bugging me is the Rock meter not flashing red big enough so I know if I'm about to lose and need to rip my star power. The meter is just too small.

I tried the demo And I am disappointed. OXM Had it right, GH2 had a "You rock!" Attitude and GH3 has a "You suck" Attitude. Even the loading menu in the demo said "You are only as good as your last gig, Wich sucked" Whats with that! :cold:

Been playing all day now and did some online with Mattte as well and we found out how buggy the game is. Several times after a coop game the person who isn't the host would have their 360 freeze. Also in coop games the achievements didn't always seem to unlock for both people although they should have. It wasn't a host issue as I tested it, but there is definitely some issues.

Aside from that, it was cool shredding with my wife and with Mattte later. Ended up getting a perfect and a 1000 note streak going, which was pretty cool.

[quote name='Wolve11']Been playing all day now and did some online with Mattte as well and we found out how buggy the game is. Several times after a coop game the person who isn't the host would have their 360 freeze. Also in coop games the achievements didn't always seem to unlock for both people although they should have. It wasn't a host issue as I tested it, but there is definitely some issues.

Aside from that, it was cool shredding with my wife and with Mattte later. Ended up getting a perfect and a 1000 note streak going, which was pretty cool.[/quote]
I saw Matte playing and I was super jelous. How are the real tracks compared to the covers from GHII? On the demo there seemed to be a certain "feeling" missing.

Also, what's up with not being able to hear the guitar on the demo? The mastering on the tracks seems extremely poor. What's the retail game like? I hope it's just the songs on the demo that sound off.

It's ok, I think the songs (with the exception of Rock You Like A Hurricane) are some of the weakest on the setlist, but the game plays fine. I really don't like the star power meter though, very difficult to easily figure out how much you have.

[quote name='Wolve11']Been playing all day now and did some online with Mattte as well and we found out how buggy the game is. Several times after a coop game the person who isn't the host would have their 360 freeze.[/QUOTE]

360? Freezing? Surely you jest, good sir!!!

[quote name='RudyPants']Also, what's up with not being able to hear the guitar on the demo? The mastering on the tracks seems extremely poor. What's the retail game like? I hope it's just the songs on the demo that sound off.[/quote]

I noticed that too - the guitar seemed muted and I wasn't getting the same "I'm really playing" vibe like I get when I play GHII. I hope it's just the demo or the song selection and not a problem with the retail copy of the game...

[quote name='Wolve11']Been playing all day now and did some online with Mattte as well and we found out how buggy the game is. Several times after a coop game the person who isn't the host would have their 360 freeze. Also in coop games the achievements didn't always seem to unlock for both people although they should have. It wasn't a host issue as I tested it, but there is definitely some issues.

Aside from that, it was cool shredding with my wife and with Mattte later. Ended up getting a perfect and a 1000 note streak going, which was pretty cool.[/quote]

Have you tried the single player campaign?

Every time I play a song and I'm signed into Live, my Xbox freezes.

I tried it on another xbox and it did the same exact thing.

Then I tried it not connected to Live and everything worked fine.

You having that issue?

[quote name='TFN']Have you tried the single player campaign?

Every time I play a song and I'm signed into Live, my Xbox freezes.

I tried it on another xbox and it did the same exact thing.

Then I tried it not connected to Live and everything worked fine.

You having that issue?[/quote]

Yes this is the issue I pointed out. People's 360s freeze a lot when playing GHIII online, especially at the end of a song.

I played single player and there's no issues there.

My box freezes in single player, but only when I'm connected to Live.

Thought it was my Xbox... until the same thing happened on the girlfriends Xbox. Played offline and both of them played through fine.

After the playing the demo extensively, I'm a little torn. The new window the game gives you to hit the notes is huge, and it already seems MUCH easier. I got through all the songs on expert with no problems. It also just doesn't have a solid feel; everything seems real "floaty." Oh well, I'm gonna buy it either way, but it seems like Neversoft dropped the ball just a bit.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']After the playing the demo extensively, I'm a little torn. The new window the game gives you to hit the notes is huge, and it already seems MUCH easier. I got through all the songs on expert with no problems. It also just doesn't have a solid feel; everything seems real "floaty." Oh well, I'm gonna buy it either way, but it seems like Neversoft dropped the ball just a bit.[/quote]

The songs in the demo are from the earliest tiers in the game. Plus, there is such thing as "Precision Mode", which pretty much eliminates the timing window.

After playing the demo a bit more I agree with you guys on a few of the annoyances. Some of the real fast HO's and PO's don't feel like you actually played the notes, the flashing red is very hard to see when you are about to fail, and the huge note streak pop ups are distracting. However I think the game is still much better than GHII simply because the list of songs is incredible.

Ugh... one entire free week at home with nothing new to play. Called the Sears near me and none had the game in yet. Would have been nice to play it with my time off.

Just a heads up. All the Blockbusters here had the game only versions for all systems. May be nationwide as they get all their stock from corporate.

Had some awesome sessions today. Five starred all songs on Medium. Then played some online against one of the developers and got my ass handed to me. Then I played coop with Kov, and he said he just scored 700k+ on the TTFATF. His buddy was uploading it to the internet as we played. We played some coop and we ended up getting 700k on some random song....I bet we could've gotten 1 mil on TTFATF. This guy is good.
It did get a little laggy at times though.....but that was probably cause his buddy was uploading the video of his high score during the game....

[quote name='gunm']So is the "Play the Devs" achievement only for today?[/quote]

I don't know but wouldn't it be stupid if It is?

The achievement is going on starting tomorrow and it IS a viral achievement. I played against a dev and although i got whooped he did confirm it comes out soon and that it will be a viral achievement.

ALSO: THE GUITAR FOR 360 WILL NOT BE WIRELESS! It will not ship wireless until later on in 2008 according to several different gamestop stores near me. Don't be fooled into buying a new guitar and figure out it is wired when you come home and open the box.

[quote name='Wolve11']ALSO: THE GUITAR FOR 360 WILL NOT BE WIRELESS! It will not ship wireless until later on in 2008 according to several different gamestop stores near me. Don't be fooled into buying a new guitar and figure out it is wired when you come home and open the box.[/quote]

you heard this from the dev as well?

because the description page still says wireless, and emphasizes it. there will be a lot of unhappy buyers if true.

if you got it from gamestop, then there is no reason to believe it, because the odds are quite high that it was from a babbling retard

bread's done
Back