Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

Guitar Hero™ III: Legends of Rock Wireless Bundle - XBOX 360
PS3 Bundle Includes:
- Guitar Hero III Legends of Rock Game
- Guitar Hero III Wireless Les Paul Guitar Controller
- Guitar Hero Sticker Pack

I went to a gamestop and pre-ordered it last night and they guy told me that the version they had was wired as a theft deterrent and all version of GHIII will be wireless.

Apparently the PS3 one has a dongle. http://blog.wired.com/games/2007/10/pics-guitar-her.html

Look I went to several different stores in my area (so they probably get the news from the same place) and they all said it will be wired for the 360 version only. Reason being about the whole microsoft wireless rights issue. I did talk to them about it being rock band that has wired guitars for that reason, but they said that they knew that but GH III for 360 was definitely going to be wired.

I guess we'll see. If it turns out to be wireless I'm going to the stores with bags of glitter.

[quote name='Wolve11']Look I went to several different stores in my area (so they probably get the news from the same place) and they all said it will be wired for the 360 version only. Reason being about the whole microsoft wireless rights issue. I did talk to them about it being rock band that has wired guitars for that reason, but they said that they knew that but GH III for 360 was definitely going to be wired.

I guess we'll see. If it turns out to be wireless I'm going to the stores with bags of glitter.[/quote]

You're going to be a lot of stores, and you'll need a lot of glitter.

Even RO's site states a wireless controller.

Well, Red Octane has the guitar listed as wireless. I'm sure one of the companies responsible for the game and controller would know better than the average store worker.

Ah, menikmati beat me.

why don't we end this stupid wireless or wired argument and ask one of the people who already bought the game.

To anyone with the game is the controller wired or wireless?

I have one of the devs on my friend list already so if that achievement becomes hard to get you can always play against me. I don't have the game yet though.

Can't wait for the wireless guitar. There is no doubt that it is wireless, by the way.

[quote name='Mrbaseball2710']why don't we end this stupid wireless or wired argument and ask one of the people who already bought the game.

To anyone with the game is the controller wired or wireless?[/quote]

We already know it's fucking wireless, just people still keep on insisting that it isn't.

[quote name='Wolve11']Look I went to several different stores in my area (so they probably get the news from the same place) and they all said it will be wired for the 360 version only. Reason being about the whole microsoft wireless rights issue. I did talk to them about it being rock band that has wired guitars for that reason, but they said that they knew that but GH III for 360 was definitely going to be wired.[/QUOTE]

You're asking people who work at Gamestop about a game? And you're listening to them?

Oh god, that's classic.

[quote name='evanft']You're asking people who work at Gamestop about a game? And you're listening to them?

Oh god, that's classic.[/quote]

SRSLY.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does the guitar use batteries, because an employee at GS told me I needed a generator to make the guitar work?

----sry couldn't resist.[/quote]

I've heard the guitar uses solar power. Can somebody confirm? :lol:

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Does the guitar use batteries, because an employee at GS told me I needed a generator to make the guitar work?

----sry couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]

I heard it only worked if you preordered GH III

[quote name='RudyPants']I've heard the guitar uses solar power. Can somebody confirm? :lol:[/QUOTE]

Yes, it works off "heat energy."

Just play standing or sitting directly behind your 360 and it should be good to go.

:lol:

[quote name='Wolve11']I guess we'll see. If it turns out to be wireless I'm going to the stores with bags of glitter.[/QUOTE]

Better get your ass to the party supplies store.

[quote name='RudyPants']I've heard the guitar uses solar power. Can somebody confirm? :lol:[/quote] ah that is a common misconception it is actually wave power, you must stand in the ocean (preferably at high tide) and let the waves hit the controller as much as possible, I hear as a bonus (beside not having to buy batteries) you get star power if a wave hits 20 times in 1 minute.

no word on if wireless is standard as to make it easier to get wave power.

[quote name='nharmon91']ah that is a common misconception it is actually wave power, you must stand in the ocean (preferably at high tide) and let the waves hit the controller as much as possible, I hear as a bonus (beside not having to buy batteries) you get star power if a wave hits 20 times in 1 minute.

no word on if wireless is standard as to make it easier to get wave power.[/quote]

youz cant play in da water it is wired.

The Guitar Hero III demo gave me the Red Ring of death. Although, I'm kind of happy now since I can exchange it for the Halo 360 version. But unfortunately, I was only able to play through 3 of the songs before it crapped out on me.

*looks at GH3 guitar*

Yeah, definately wireless.

I'm bitter that it doesn't make use of the play and charge kit. The wii version uses power from the wiimote's batteries.. bummer.

Here's a scan I found on Slickdeals.net of next weeks deals at Best Buy that include exclusive faceplates and bags:
Also the soundtrack will be on sale for $9.99 (includes code to unlock 3 in-game songs)

I'm thinking of getting the KoRn faceplate.

And once again, i'd like to reiterate, the guitar in the bundle is wireless, i'm playing with it right now. No problems, though it triggers star power occasionally. I can deal with that. I've been jumping around the place like a madman. I can't wait to play guitar hero with drunken friends and the wireless guitar.

btw, the battle with tom morello was awesome.

Is there any 5 dollar coupon for music CD's floating around anywhere, like the 5 dollar off game coupons at BB? I want that CD for the DLC, but cheaper is always better of course.

Just a heads up, at least here (Greensboro NC) Target has the game only edition of GHIII on the shelves right now, as well as GHII game only. I did not see any packages with the guitar.

dunno if its news or not, but I didnt think it came out for a few more days.

For those in G'boro, its the Target on Lawndale.

[quote name='TFN']You didn't have to make a thread about it, dumbass.[/quote]
oh boo hoo moron, its not going to hurt anyone, a mod can delete the thread

OH NO A THREAD HAS BEEN STARTED!

Thought I was being helpful for people that dont check the other forums.

:baby: I have an idea, I'll let people know Guitar Hero III is at my local target in the deals thread when infact there in no deal! Its still 59.99! Talk about misinforming and a waste of 10 seconds of my life.

:roll:

Anyways, Raining Blood is fucking hard. This last tier is killing me. :[

[quote name='TFN']:baby: I have an idea, I'll let people know Guitar Hero III is at my local target in the deals thread when infact there in no deal! Its still 59.99! Talk about misinforming and a waste of 10 seconds of my life.

:roll:
:[[/quote]
Good, with luck I just helped to rid the world of an asshole ten seconds sooner or saved someone else ten seconds of putting up with a dipshit.

It is a deal when its out before the intended release date, or if its release has been bumped up. Some people would like to get it sooner. It didnt stop you from replying in said thread with comments about making money off it. Moaning about pointless crap, what a way to think and act.

I've already seen those faceplates at Best Buy. I liked The Smashing Pumpkins and Panic! at the Disco ones. $20 is too pricey though. I'm also glad that they're giving away a Sex Pistols faceplate. Is anyone going to the midnight lauch at their Best Buy?

[quote name='archibishopthedoge']Good, with luck I just helped to rid the world of an asshole ten seconds sooner or saved someone else ten seconds of putting up with a dipshit.

It is a deal when its out before the intended release date, or if its release has been bumped up. Some people would like to get it sooner. It didnt stop you from replying in said thread with comments about making money off it. Moaning about pointless crap, what a way to think and act.[/quote]

I live in Texas. I think I'd kill myself if I lived in the same town/city as you.
Are you retarded? How the fuck is something a deal if you're paying retail for it? If someone is not reading the other parts of the forum, thats their problem and not yours. I guess since theres people who only stay in the OT forum, we should post deals on games in there.. so they can get in on it, right?! Getting it a few days in advance does not make it a deal. Maybe if your Target had the game for 53.99 or some other better price it'd be alright, but if you're making a thread in a forum about getting good prices on games, do not post one about a 59.99$ game being... 59.99$. I picked it up on Tuesday.. should I have made a useless thread stating where I bought it from so other people could get in on this :hot: HOT :hot: deal? About me replying to your stupid thread w/ what I said.. Seeing as how you just joined the site, keep putting your threads in the wrong place and you'll continue to get shit on for your stupidity. /threadcrap

[quote name='TFN']I live in Texas. I think I'd kill myself if I lived in the same town/city as you.
Are you retarded? How the fuck is something a deal if you're paying retail for it? If someone is not reading the other parts of the forum, thats their problem and not yours. I guess since theres people who only stay in the OT forum, we should post deals on games in there.. so they can get in on it, right?! Getting it a few days in advance does not make it a deal. Maybe if your Target had the game for 53.99 or some other better price it'd be alright, but if you're making a thread in a forum about getting good prices on games, do not post one about a 59.99$ game being... 59.99$. I picked it up on Tuesday.. should I have made a useless thread stating where I bought it from so other people could get in on this :hot: HOT :hot: deal? About me replying to your stupid thread w/ what I said.. Seeing as how you just joined the site, keep putting your threads in the wrong place and you'll continue to get shit on for your stupidity. /threadcrap
[/quote]
:lol::lol::lol:

You live in Texas, the land of GW Bush, no thanks buckaroo. You can keep it. I apologize for being new to the forum and I posted something you didnt like. I find pre-releases to be a deal, as do other people. And you yourself, replied that you'd like to flip them IN THE SAME DAMN THREAD.

Were you beaten as a child or something and find the need to flame someone because someone STARTED A THREAD ON A MESSAGE BOARD, that has mods that can just easily delete something? :applause: I apologize if it wasnt a deal for you, but yet you still replied that you should buy them and "flip them" at another store.

I apologize if the thread I started was offensive to you, which it seemingly is.

Some people find pre-releases to BE A DEAL. Seemingly, you do as well or you'd have never posted the flipping idea.

Get over it already. Typical Texas lunatic, got a gun rack in your truck? Texas flag sticker? 10 gallon hat? All of the above? Stock in Halliburton? Did a tumbleweed crawl up your ass in between the time it took to post the initial reply to said thread and the flame here? Your wife cook your eggs wrong and needed to take it out on someone? A nasty lil critter come roam across your land?

Get bent, you worthless scumbag.

Anyway, its been fun, but I have to go to work, have fun out in the fields Jethro.

Is anyone going to any midnight launches?

I tried to pre-order GH3 in the town that I'm staying in (I'm out of town), but both Gamecrazy's I went to said they couldn't accept them anymore.

Luckily for me one is doing a midnight launch, so I'll probably stay up for that.

Yeah, for some reason, most GC stores are getting >20 copies of GH3 on Wii and 360. Yet they've landslided us with PS2 copies (most stores received 40+ bundles on PS2)

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, for some reason, most GC stores are getting >20 copies of GH3 on Wii and 360. Yet they've landslided us with PS2 copies (most stores received 40+ bundles on PS2)[/QUOTE]

I actually wouldn't be surprised if the PS2 version sells extremely well.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Here's a scan I found on Slickdeals.net of next weeks deals at Best Buy that include exclusive faceplates and bags:
Also the soundtrack will be on sale for $9.99 (includes code to unlock 3 in-game songs)

I'm thinking of getting the KoRn faceplate.[/QUOTE]

Nice find on the soundtrack! I'll have to grab that on Sunday.

[quote name='Scorch']Yeah, for some reason, most GC stores are getting >20 copies of GH3 on Wii and 360. Yet they've landslided us with PS2 copies (most stores received 40+ bundles on PS2)[/QUOTE]

don't you mean < - (less than) 20 copies?

:)

How many game-only 360 copies has your store been getting?

I have $40 in GC credit and I would hate to miss out on getting a copy at the midnight launch.

bread's done
Back