Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

I'm starting to think that Wally World just doesn't want to carry the wireless bundles for 360 or PS2 in store. Their online store has the normal (wireless) 360 and PS2 bundles listed as online only, but some strange wired bundles (at $10 less) listed as coming soon.

:???:

[quote name='Callandor']some strange wired bundles (at $10 less) listed as coming soon.[/quote]

Yeah. That's the wired crappy x-plorer bundle.

The guitar is ungodly amounts of good. The strum bar and frets no longer click and make a shitload of noise while your playing. They smoothed out the HDTV lag a little bit as well. Aside from the lame guitar battles, its perfect to me.

[quote name='evanft']There are some bundles at Wal Mart or whatever that come with the Xplorer.

Anyway, I just preordered the PS2 bundle over at the GS that's having a midnight release. The store is like 4 minutes away. With my coupon and the money I had on my Edge card, it came to just under $80. :D[/QUOTE]

Allen Park or Melvindale ?

[quote name='xdl']Aside from the lame multiplayer guitar battles, its perfect to me.[/quote] Fix'd

The battles with Slash and Tom Morella are insanly fun. If there were more songs like that where it was an actual battle it'd be alot more fun. Now it just seems like whoever saves the best attacks for sudden death wins, and who ever launches that instant death crap first wins.

When I try to use the strum bar to go up and down in the setlists, character select screens, or the view additional stats after a song, it doesn't respond. For this reason, I've only been able to play the Foghat song because I can't choose others. It works just fine during the song, practice, tutorial, etc. Anyone else have this problem?

Iowaberg, have you tried the D-pad on the guitar? You'd think they'd let you make selections with that too.

I had to work a graveyard shift during the midnight launch, but I got my cousin to pick up my preorder from GameStop and bring it to me. The guitar looks really nice and I can't wait to play...

Everybody knows you can get the soundtrack CD for $10 at BestBuy next week, right? It comes with a code for 3 DLC songs, so that ends up being a good value, especially if you're hankering for more songs to play with your friends before working through career mode.

[quote name='IOWABERG']When I try to use the strum bar to go up and down in the setlists, character select screens, or the view additional stats after a song, it doesn't respond. For this reason, I've only been able to play the Foghat song because I can't choose others. It works just fine during the song, practice, tutorial, etc. Anyone else have this problem?[/QUOTE]
Take the neck off and blow on the contacts. I had a similar problem where the red fret wasn't registering for me and I took off the neck, blew on it, and reattached it and everything was good.

[quote name='Shagrath']Take the neck off and blow on the contacts. I had a similar problem where the red fret wasn't registering for me and I took off the neck, blew on it, and reattached it and everything was good.[/quote]

tried this and still doesn't work....it will work ok on the menu where you choose, career, co-op, quickplay, etc and also on the difficulty level screen, but as soon as I get to the set list...nothing. I also noticed that when I enter my band name, it wouldn't let me go back in the alphbet if I went past a letter...
On the Gamefaqs website, people are reporting multiple problems with their guitar. Damn! Guess I'll go back to Best Buy tomorrow and try to get another one.

WTF!!!!:

Didn't notice this till I got home with it, but the X360 GHIII I picked up at Walmart at friggin 1:30 AM...has a wired Xplorer Controller! That shit is going back ASAP. WTF Walmart!? I mean, fuck, I didn't even know there WERE two versions of the "bundle" for 360.

YAY! Got my Xbox 360 (game-only) copy of the game at Gamecrazy. They were open for a midnight release, which was pretty cool.

I felt bad for the people who pre-ordered or wanted the PS3 version of the game. The store I went to didn't get any PS3 versions of the game (or bundle) tonight.

Now I have to wait until I get back home tomorrow afternoon to play this. Can't wait!

[quote name='Zmonkay']WTF!!!!:

Didn't notice this till I got home with it, but the X360 GHIII I picked up at Walmart at friggin 1:30 AM...has a wired Xplorer Controller! That shit is going back ASAP. WTF Walmart!? I mean, fuck, I didn't even know there WERE two versions of the "bundle" for 360.[/quote]
Yeah it's a bunch of BS. I was looking at the bundles there on Friday in the back and I noticed it came with the wired controller. I was pissed at first cause I thought RO changed the guitar on us at the last second.

I can't believe Wal-Mart actually thinks people will want to save $10 and get a piece of shit wired controller.

I beat everything straight through up to the last guitar battle against "Lou." Its awful - the song is hard enough as it is, but even with a full green meter you still lose every time when he uses a power up during your solo. If anyone actually beats it on expert and wants to clue me in, please do. :)

I'm only about a tier and a half in, but so far, I'm incredibly disappointed.

Lots of the songs sound completely off (Rock and Roll All Night, Story of My Life, a few others), the piece of shit guitar is already broken (frets dont work, which is a widespread problem), and Battle mode is the definition of lame.

I'm taking mine back and getting a different copy. I hope a working guitar helps things, since now I'm stuck with the fucking thing since I opened it.

Count me in for guitar issues. The neck doesn't seem to seat solidly inside the guitar. It seems like because of that, my green fret works part of the time. Guess I'll have to swap it out for another guitar and hope the other doesn't have the same problem.

i went to our local gamecrazy at midnight. the les paul guitar feels better and the mechanical sounds from the the explorer has been fixed. the note patterns i think are easier. achievements are like 1000x harder than gh2 and are mostly due to stupidity and tediousness.

[quote name='RawisJericho']Yeah it's a bunch of BS. I was looking at the bundles there on Friday in the back and I noticed it came with the wired controller. I was pissed at first cause I thought RO changed the guitar on us at the last second.

I can't believe Wal-Mart actually thinks people will want to save $10 and get a piece of shit wired controller.[/QUOTE]

Is the wired 360 "bundle" exclusive to Walmart? I just called them up to make sure they had a wireless bundle in stock, and they friggin claim that ALL of their's are wired. What in the hell? I can't even find any mention OF a wired bundle anywhere online.

EDIT: lol, just checked Walmart.com, and it IS an exclusive, but for some reason it seams my Walmart didn't even GET any of the wireless ones in. fuckers
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=7811169

[quote name='RawisJericho']Yeah it's a bunch of BS. I was looking at the bundles there on Friday in the back and I noticed it came with the wired controller. I was pissed at first cause I thought RO changed the guitar on us at the last second.

I can't believe Wal-Mart actually thinks people will want to save $10 and get a piece of shit wired controller.[/QUOTE]

It is WAL MART... Im sure half their customers have never heard of wireless technology... judging from the idiots looking for the "full screen" versions of movies

Has anyone else set up multiple bands?
My wife and I each have one, and she's way past me in the game. But everything she's unlocked is available to my band and all of the money each of us has earned goes into a pool that we both have access to.

Got the PS2 version at midnight. My thoughts (I play on hard):

- The hard notecharts are much harder.

- The interface is very well done. The menus are especially awesome. The SP meter is ass, though.

- The number of outfits/styles for each character is almost ridiculous.

- Having master tracks helps. A lot.

- The Kramer is amazing.

- The new HOPO system, while easier, sucks.

- The graphics are pretty good. The environments are much improved. Tom Morello also looked very cool.

- The little cutscenes made me giggle in my pants.

So yeah, I'm very happy.

I as well am having issues with my controller. The blue doesn't like to respond and I can never activate star power. It is the same as the old games, right? You tilt the guitar upwards. Well, off to Best Buy again.

I just got back from Sam's Club because I thought I was saving $21 on the bundle ($78.xx for the 360 version) and found out it was a fucking wired controller. I didn't even realize they were making a wired version.

And reading the posts above, looks like that is all I can get from Sams/WalMart? fuck that! I had store credit lined up for this.

[quote name='anomynous']The 3 song download pack website still isn't up :bomb:[/quote]

According to the Best Buy ad, the CD is supposed to be released Tuesday. While many of us were able to snag the CD already, I wouldn't be surprised if the tracks are unavailable to d/l until then.

[quote name='Richlough']Anybody else having a problem with the game locking up ?
Twice for me , and 3 times for my nephew .[/quote]

Not at all. Been playing since Friday and its all good.

[quote name='Brainwave0']According to the Best Buy ad, the CD is supposed to be released Tuesday. While many of us were able to snag the CD already, I wouldn't be surprised if the tracks are unavailable to d/l until then.[/quote]

The official release date for the CD was last Tuesday.

This game is more difficult then I remember the original GH being, and I wasn't that good at it then.

I like the wireless guitar though, glad I held out for it.

I really think the pinnacle of video game fun is cranking the master track of "Welcome to the Jungle" and jumping around like a maniac while playing this game.

Wireless Les Paul > all

Such an amazing accessory. Great game too. It feels more accessible. I'm not an expert level player, but maybe I'll get there with GHIII.

[quote name='jalu6']I really think the pinnacle of video game fun is cranking the master track of "Welcome to the Jungle" and jumping around like a maniac while playing this game.[/QUOTE]
I agree.............

[quote name='anomynous']Meh, the companion pack website wher you enter the code still isn't up, I want to play Putting Holes in Happiness![/quote]

Me too. Weak sauce.

[quote name='benjamouth']This game is more difficult then I remember the original GH being, and I wasn't that good at it then.

I like the wireless guitar though, glad I held out for it.[/QUOTE]
Which is why I'm torn. I really want that wireless guitar, but several of the songs on "hard" on GH2 is about the limit of my skill level, so I don't have much desire to buy GH3.

So when you're doing the vs. mode or whatever they call it (with real people), do they force the use of the fucking stupid power-ups or can you shut them off?

And what about the "bosses," are power-ups also forced on that?

Got the bundle last night from Gamestop (they had 4 extras), finished about 2 and a half tiers this morning. My only problem so far is that I seem to activate start power to easily, right after my bar gets half full it get activated, and I haven't moved upright at all.

bread's done
Back