Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

[quote name='KaneRobot']So when you're doing the vs. mode or whatever they call it (with real people), do they force the use of the fucking stupid power-ups or can you shut them off?

And what about the "bosses," are power-ups also forced on that?[/QUOTE]
Yeah, there is power ups on the boss battles

And the battles suck, because of power ups, and if they don't fail, you lose

[quote name='KaneRobot']So when you're doing the vs. mode or whatever they call it (with real people), do they force the use of the fucking stupid power-ups or can you shut them off?

And what about the "bosses," are power-ups also forced on that?[/QUOTE]

You have to make your opponent lose before the end of the song, so yes you have to use them.

Games amazing though, heres hoping for one every year.

[quote name='seanr1221']You have to make your opponent lose before the end of the song, so yes you have to use them.[/QUOTE]
I just figured they would score you and then whoever had the higher score at the end would win....or at least put an option for that type of battle in there.

Games amazing though, heres hoping for one every year.
Easy for you to say, you're like the Guitar Hero virtuoso!

[quote name='seanr1221']
Games amazing though, heres hoping for one every year.[/QUOTE]

Something tells me you won't be disappointed in this regard. Probably more than one a year.

This was the epic win pose my cousin and I had when we left Gamestop today :lol:

n152500389_30243573_2510.jpg

[quote name='Jesus_S_Preston']Picked it up on 360 (game-only). On the second tier right now, enjoying myself.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the visual.

[quote name='ddhex27']Thanks for the visual.[/quote]

:rofl:

anyone having trouble linking there guitarhero.com account it keeps saying invalid pin or something

Had it on the PS2 since sometime last week. Beat it yesterday after not playing it for a couple days. I'm satisfied with it, and it definitely has some really awesome moments. I can't vouch for the cutscenes, since they lock up running off the HDD, but the gameplay is spot on. Songs are good, but there are definitely a few tiers that absolutely suck.

And here's a dumb list I decided to type.
Also, my experience is with Expert only.

First song that made me lose: Stupid Slipknot song

First song to give me repeated amounts of trouble: "Cult of Personality" by Living Colour.
And I'm talking an hour or two of trying it. Stupid, long solos coupled with a simple riff = anger.

Most epic moment: Clearly, the last song, followed by "Through the Fire and Flames" during the credits (and clearly, the only time I'll ever be able to play through the whole song).

Most fun: "Welcome to the Jungle"

Most surprisingly cool song: The Tom Morello battle. I might have to check out some of his material.

[quote name='seanr1221']This was the epic win pose my cousin and I had when we left Gamestop today :lol:

[/QUOTE]

Anyone ever tell you that you look like Harley Flanagan?

[quote name='magiic']:rofl:

anyone having trouble linking there guitarhero.com account it keeps saying invalid pin or something[/QUOTE]

Same, must be a kink in the system.

Hey guys,

Warning, this is a severe noob question here, and I'm already primed to be laughed at and mocked. Anyway, I've played GH2 for maybe a grand total of 3 times, and each time, I sucked horribly at the game, even on Easy mode. I believe my main problem is just getting used to the guitar.

However, I'm definitely interested in getting GH3 but I don't want to waste 100 bucks. Now, my question is, when you guys all started out on GH1/2, what was your normal curve to get adjusted to the guitar controls? I don't know if my problem with this series is just due to lack of playtime, or just basic retardedness.

Help me, Cheapassgamer forums, you're my only hope.

[quote name='Chroma914']Hey guys,

Warning, this is a severe noob question here, and I'm already primed to be laughed at and mocked. Anyway, I've played GH2 for maybe a grand total of 3 times, and each time, I sucked horribly at the game, even on Easy mode. I believe my main problem is just getting used to the guitar.

However, I'm definitely interested in getting GH3 but I don't want to waste 100 bucks. Now, my question is, when you guys all started out on GH1/2, what was your normal curve to get adjusted to the guitar controls? I don't know if my problem with this series is just due to lack of playtime, or just basic retardedness.

Help me, Cheapassgamer forums, you're my only hope.[/quote]

Well, I did easy mode, then medium, then hard, then expert... :lol:

[quote name='TehMuff1nM4n']Well, I did easy mode, then medium, then hard, then expert... :lol:[/quote]

Well, yeah, I realize this, but like I was saying, each time I played, it was on easy mode and I still completely bombed. Is it more of just a practice makes perfect sort of game or what?

[quote name='Chroma914']Well, yeah, I realize this, but like I was saying, each time I played, it was on easy mode and I still completely bombed. Is it more of just a practice makes perfect sort of game or what?[/quote]It sure is. Give it some time, you'll be able to move up to Medium soon enough. Once you get there though is when the addiction starts 'cause you actually start feeling like you're playing the guitar then. Easy just feels like you're pressing buttons. After that, you'll want to keep improving.

[quote name='evanft']Anyone else really like the boss battles? The songs are really fun.[/QUOTE]

I've only done the first one on Hard, and really, REALLY didn't like it. Hopefully on expert it will be more enjoyable (I'm forcing myself to slog through Hard just to extend my purchase)

wow this slipknot song is a bitchhhhhhhh

also I am soooo disappointed with knights of cydonia it is a great song and it couldve been so much better, my name is jonas on the otherhand fing awesome

Help me, Cheapassgamer forums, you're my only hope.[/quote]

I had to beat easy in GH2 before I got the game down. I was able to play through medium and have some fun, but I couldn't ever really get through hard. (I did give up after a few weeks though because of other games)

Help me, Cheapassgamer forums, you're my only hope.[/QUOTE]

only playing 3 times isnt much, my first few times i played i was awful, the first time i played i couldnt beat a song, but i just played regularly and worked my way up the difficulty ladder and now i can play expert. mind you i dont play expert well, pretty much 3 stars, but compared to when i first started getting 3 stars on medium its a huge improvement. as far as playtime goes, i can definitely tell when i havent played for a week or so, i do much better if i play everyday.

[quote name='mykevermin']Anyone ever tell you that you look like Harley Flanagan?[/QUOTE]

I have to agree. Sean! You look like a young Harley Flannigan.

Cro-Mags song for Guitar Hero IV!!!

This game is awesome.

I just beat it on hard and I like this a lot more than the last game.. Tiers 1-5 might seem like GH2, just with new songs, but the latter tiers really step it up from the last game. There are a lots of alternate note pickings and the charts just look more authentic. A few favorites of mine while playing were Cliff of Dover, Cult of Personality and One.

[quote name='seanr1221']This was the epic win pose my cousin and I had when we left Gamestop today :lol:

[/QUOTE]
I hope your "playing the product box" doesn't start a new trend...

[quote name='GizmoGC']Ok...Now I am confused.

For the Xbox 360, the only place I can get the wireless guitar is at Wal-Mart...right?[/quote]

Yes, if you want the wired controller.

For the Xbox 360, the only place I can get the wireless guitar is at Wal-Mart...right?[/quote]

Anywhere. Wally mart also has corded/old options

[quote name='mykevermin']Did anyone get the Sex Pistols faceplate at BB and is also willing to sell it?[/quote]

yea u can buy it at BB for 14.99 thats what imma do maybe tomaro or wensday when i get it from effing red octane

For the Xbox 360, the only place I can get the wireless guitar is at Wal-Mart...right?[/QUOTE]

No, you have that backwards. The only place (I've seen) to get the WIRED version is at WalMart. Pretty much everyone else is selling the wireless version you want.

So if you want wireless go anywhere but WalMart.

[quote name='bobthecat23']yea u can buy it at BB for 14.99 thats what imma do maybe tomaro or wensday when i get it from effing red octane[/QUOTE]

Hmm. I'd be willing to pay someone $10 shipped if they don't want the free one they got at BB. I don't know about $15, though (though thanks for clearing that up).

[quote name='ZForce915']No, you have that backwards. The only place (I've seen) to get the WIRED version is at WalMart. Pretty much everyone else is selling the wireless version you want.

So if you want wireless go anywhere but WalMart.[/QUOTE]

The rule of thumb is that Wal-Mart probably held up Activision for a cheaper version to entice sales to dumbasses who won't notice the difference until they get home (and there's no lack of those in WM, we should know). This way they look like the place to buy GHIII for the holidays. I have no doubt that WM pulled the strongarming here, and not Activision looking to dump old stock (though that may be the case as well). Speaking of dumping, Target also has a PS2 bundle with two white/red SG style guitars, no?

Dang it. I should never have downloaded the demo. Playing "Rock You Like a Hurricane" is fantastic. I don't have $100 to blow on this, and I still have the HL2 Eps to finish. :p

Slash is vanquished.

How many tiers does this game have?

Damn this game. I was making a strong stance aganist buying anything until Mass Effect.

I just have to quick questions otherwise I am loving this game. I can't link my account to guitarhero.com, it keeps saying invalid pin. Also, I can not join games online but I can create games. Any help?

Does anyone elses faceplate not fit properly when the neck is connected?

Mine won't sit flush as there is a bit sticking out on the neck which pushes it out a bit.

The people who are saying GH3 is easy are crazy.

I am playing on Hard and am on the last tier of songs. They are already way harder than the final tier in GH2.

Fail

[quote name='benjamouth']Does anyone elses faceplate not fit properly when the neck is connected?

Mine won't sit flush as there is a bit sticking out on the neck which pushes it out a bit.[/quote]

push hard down on the faceplate so it snaps in place.

Wow. I played Through The Fire and Flames with my friend on hard and expert and it was SO MUCH FUN!
I've never had that much fun on a song ever.
That song MAKES this game. I don't care if it's "overrated" or whatever...

Oh, and on expert, I got about 70 something % of the notes. The beginning is brutal. :/

Well, this should be interesting. I just finished the game on medium and had a great time. Through the Fire and the Flames is fucking ridiculous, though. Thank god you don't actually have to play through it to advance through the game. I got brutalized by it even on medium, although it kicks ass. The only other song I really had a hard time with was Knights of Cydonia. I just don't think I was ready for the rhythm at the end, so I only 4-starred it.

[quote name='asianxcore']The people who are saying GH3 is easy are crazy.

I am playing on Hard and am on the last tier of songs. They are already way harder than the final tier in GH2.

Fail[/quote]Indeed it just destroyed my hand and the Iorn Maiden intro was 90% of that. Though Satan is incredible hard.

Hey I might have missed this, but im not really far in the game yet (just beat Tom) but is Trought the Fire and the Flames in the store for purchase, downloadable, or do you have to get so far in the game to unlock it in the store?

I went through the store song list for purchase(unlock) and I didn't see it in there, im sooo excited for this song, and i can't find it

bread's done
Back