Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock - 8/21 Dragonforce Track Pack

I really hope there is a code, or even a patch, to let us play the faceoffs till the end, not having any powerups used. I think they'd be much more fun as just songs, instead of desperately trying to attack (or even worse, fend off attacks from) the other player. It'd be even cooler to make them co-opable, but I'm not gonna push my luck there.

Lou is retarted already, they seem to not let me get any move against him that hurts him. He hits every note no matter what I hit him with and he always gets lefty on me it is $@$#@ BS already. I think I did it about 200 times already.

[quote name='Bazz']Lou is retarted already, they seem to not let me get any move against him that hurts him. He hits every note no matter what I hit him with and he always gets lefty on me it is $@$#@ BS already. I think I did it about 200 times already.[/quote]
What difficulty are you on?
Try saving 3 power ups and hit him with one, then another and the last.
Wait awhile though, don't do them all at once.
Also, wait for when he's about to play lots of seperate notes.

[quote name='JohnnyFoxDarko']What difficulty are you on?
Try saving 3 power ups and hit him with one, then another and the last.
Wait awhile though, don't do them all at once.
Also, wait for when he's about to play lots of seperate notes.[/quote]That is what I am trying, but stupid AI throws the item at me each time I am about to hit a power up and screws me up. I am only playing on hard I feel like hard is expert on the old ones to me.

My biggest complaint so far with GH3 is that they are putting a REALLY horrible reverb on everything (and LOTS of it) which is making the audio sound like crap. I am going to have to ask my friend at NS what the hell is going on with that. I think it actually makes the guitar sound fail to 'jump out' like it did in the previous games.

They need to make a deal with Lexicon..... or something.

[quote name='menikmati']PICK. FAST.[/QUOTE]

I'm really bad at Up/Down strumming. I'll keep at it though.

EDIT: I finally beat it. fuck you Jello Biafra

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Sooooo close to beating it, just can't get past Raining Blood on expert. That Mosh 1 section is fucking ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Right there with you man. The rest of the songs didn't give me much trouble, but DAMN that section. Shoulda been a bonus song.

[quote name='Logain8955']CD DLC website's changed to say

"Please check back this week to get your official Guitar Hero III code."[/QUOTE]
Seriously, why is it taking so long for them to get this up & running?

[quote name='asianxcore']I'm really bad at Up/Down strumming. I'll keep at it though.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, just keep practicing that man, you must get good at alternate picking to play the really fast stuff, or unless you are Jeff Haneman, you wont need to.

[quote name='Zmonkay']Right there with you man. The rest of the songs didn't give me much trouble, but DAMN that section. Shoulda been a bonus song.[/QUOTE]

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I posted that, I went and beat it on my third try. Just time the first star power right and slide those fingers like your life depends on it. But now I'm stuck on the final boss bottle! Doh!

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Wouldn't you know it, as soon as I posted that, I went and beat it on my third try. Just time the first star power right and slide those fingers like your life depends on it. But now I'm stuck on the final boss bottle! Doh![/QUOTE]

lol, nice. I've tried two handing it, sliding my whole hand accross the frets...nothing. I'm gonna have to give my hand a break and get back to it later, argh.

Sorry I didnt have a chance to skim through the thread, but my guitar seems to have a loose connecetion where the neck and body connect. Is this a common problem with the guitars or should I worry?

for those having problems with guitarhero.com: either keep on trying, or wait a few days for them to get their game together/traffic to the site to slow down. They clearly weren't expecting the amount of interest this has garnered (and as such must be retarded, I mean, c'mon).

I finally managed to get mine linked earlier today, and the only progress it lists for me is having played through 11% of Hard, even though I only have 2 songs and Lou left on Expert.

Anyone having any problems with achievements glitching? So far I've missed out on 200 note streak in co-op (even though I have the two after it), 100% a song in co-op, then today missed out on 500k co-op

[quote name='nadroj1485']says 120 now...must be page views.

Sadly I got the RRoD today :([/quote]

I believe its how well you do in Career mode (and if you refer people to the site). I went from 1 to 502 or something after linking my profile.

Talked to my buddy and apparently the site has gotten 5x the traffic they -ever- expected it to get. Apparently it is a 3d party running the site, not NS. Supposed to be fixed 'soon'.

I think my $@#$23 rist is broken that mother #$#@$ @$$hole Lou is a ducsh and needs to die. I never seen such BS in my life, I can not win for the life of me I think I have a glitch even when i get power ups on his stupid ugly red crappy face. He still manages to hit every note. He does not want to go down a waste of 2 and a half days on one peice of scum.

I enjoyed the game so far, but thought the timing was off a bit. After reading some threads, I set the calibration to 31ms (on the PS3 version). My scores went way the hell up after that, and the game just "felt" right. dunno if this problem is persistent in the PS3 version, or if it will help with the 360 as well, but it's worth mentioning.

Whoo, beat Lou on my first try later tonight, after my 6-7 failed attempts this afternoon!

Now, to go back and finish/5-star all of easy/medium, then back to hard, and then up to expert! And get a friend over here one weekend to do co-op with me.

Just played earlier tonight with Shieryda - fun stuff. Looking forward to going through co-op online. Word to the wise: Rock you like a hurricane ftw.

[quote name='Logain8955']The problem with the BB Demo is no 2nd guitar and no vocalist. Rock Band's single player is not going to be as good as GH3, but when you get everyone together, it's a giant blast.[/QUOTE]

I am very rarely going to play GH3 co-op let alone have 3 people to play RB .
That's life when you grow up and have a family .

[quote name='thrustbucket']So just picked mine up and the damn guitar won't even turn on. Anyone else have a broken one?[/QUOTE]

You did put in the batteries right? ;)

ugh, im stuck on lou on hard, i lose at the same part everytime. i dont even get power ups because he uses his when i have a chance to get one.

what dlc is everyone talking about..

and so far i really cant connect to any of these songs.. their all old as shit. only a few big names stand out but im still kinda early into it..

only song i really like so far is from rage

I finally beat Lou on expert after about 25 tries the last few days. For those that are having trouble, just be patient until you learn the note chart. Eventually you have a good feel for what is going on even when he spams up your side. If you make it past his first two attacks there is another section where you can rebuild your rock meter and then get a couple of attacks in on him after that.

[quote name='porieux']You did put in the batteries right? ;)[/QUOTE]

Two different pair. I beat it, put the neck in and out. Nothing, Won't turn on with start or guide button. Really pisses me off.

I just wondered if defective guitars were common this release like with GH2.

[quote name='Richlough']I am very rarely going to play GH3 co-op let alone have 3 people to play RB .
That's life when you grow up and have a family .[/QUOTE]

I'm a parent and I have enough friends... Not to mention that both games support online play, so no excuses. (Except for each game's Career being offline only - that's silly.)

I made it through Medium career and up to Knights of Cydonia on Hard but I couldn't get past that section with the 'galloping triplets' for some reason, even though it's really not that hard. Turns out I had to do the lag calibration (34ms) and after that was able to pass the song no problem. I guess I could have done a lot better on all those earlier songs (even though it seemed like I was doing good...passed pretty much everyhing on the first try).

Anyway, word to the wise...as mentioned in posts above: apparently the calibration is important. Be sure to check it.

[quote name='eastx']I'm a parent and I have enough friends... Not to mention that both games support online play, so no excuses. (Except for each game's Career being offline only - that's silly.)[/QUOTE]

Do you work a swing shift ?

Is anyone else having a hard time actually hearing the guitar parts? It's like they are mixed in with the rest of the song and don't really stand out. When I play GHII I really feel like I'm playing the notes but so far for GHIII it just feels like I'm playing along. Anyone else experiencing this - could my audio settings not be quite right?

[quote name='javeryh']Is anyone else having a hard time actually hearing the guitar parts? It's like they are mixed in with the rest of the song and don't really stand out. When I play GHII I really feel like I'm playing the notes but so far for GHIII it just feels like I'm playing along. Anyone else experiencing this - could my audio settings not be quite right?[/QUOTE]

Turn down the volume of the band in the options menu.

[quote name='thrustbucket']
I just wondered if defective guitars were common this release like with GH2.[/quote]

Think so. One of my friends can barely get his star power to go off, he has to shake and tilt it like crazy for it to work, yet ive read some on here saying there star power is way to sensitive. Sounds like a luck of the draw as to if you get a good guitar or not.

Is it possible to see separate stats when playing multiplayer co-op, like GH2 shows (e.g. separate the missed notes, percentages, streaks broken, etc)?

My wife and I were very disappointed to see that multi-player career mode combined the stats, and I don't see any multi-player co-op mode outside of career (i.e. no quickplay for 2 players)... :whistle2:(

It seems like I have to tilt my guitar up so high for star power, that I practically hit myself in the head with the neck. I'll play some more tonight, and see if I'm just exaggerating.

[quote name='porieux']I made it through Medium career and up to Knights of Cydonia on Hard but I couldn't get past that section with the 'galloping triplets' for some reason, even though it's really not that hard. Turns out I had to do the lag calibration (34ms) and after that was able to pass the song no problem. I guess I could have done a lot better on all those earlier songs (even though it seemed like I was doing good...passed pretty much everyhing on the first try).

Anyway, word to the wise...as mentioned in posts above: apparently the calibration is important. Be sure to check it.[/QUOTE]

I going to try this when I get home. I'm currently stuck in the same set of songs on hard.

bread's done
Back